• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving the Ice Climbers boards - We've got a lot of work to do

Prawn

Smash Master
Kawaii if you want me to run the MU thread I will, I'm pretty sure I can keep it organized/stay on top of things,

just lemme know.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i failed at writeups, so the best i could do was gather the input of everyone and try to make a thread out of it...
im gonna post a finished chart later today,at least you can start out with that

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Matchup thread is done. I need your guys' help with a schedule of some sort. Which matchups do you guys want discussed?

Prawn

Smash Master
Matchups that come to mind are:

Snake
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Metaknight

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I was going to do MK first, but we've already beat that discussion to death. Olimar, Pikachu, Diddy, and Lucario sounds good.

Prawn

Smash Master
Certain matchups need more attention IMO

Pikachu especially, there are more and more of them out there and I think we're very uneducated about the matchup.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Is it okay if I start a stage discussion thread now? Or should I wait?

EDIT: Nevermind....I forgot that I'm leaving town tomorrow and don't know if I'll have internet access...-.-

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm thinking of what to do at the moment for the matchup thread.

A new desynch video would be nice. Like, Two Climbers Two Hands but the Brawl version. >_> I don't know anyone here with a capture card though.

Okay, about the matchup thread. We'll need someone responsible for the write-ups. Does anyone want to volunteer for that? It's not an easy job at ALL.
I can make a video of how to do De-syncs soon, just have to find a way to make my camera better :dizzy:
+ any other things talking about cameras or capture cards.

I have a beastly Capture Card. it does wonders. I could record it and send it off to someone who will do the wording/descriptions and what not.

I see my inspiration of a de sync thread has sparked an interest. the people that know it don't need to learn it, and the ones who don't know it. . . well can't find a place for it. I'm talking about the whole desync attacks and such.

If you need something recorded. PM me and we can talk about it.

Prawn

Smash Master
+ any other things talking about cameras or capture cards.

I have a beastly Capture Card. it does wonders. I could record it and send it off to someone who will do the wording/descriptions and what not.

I see my inspiration of a de sync thread has sparked an interest. the people that know it don't need to learn it, and the ones who don't know it. . . well can't find a place for it. I'm talking about the whole desync attacks and such.

If you need something recorded. PM me and we can talk about it.
Hey is there ANY chance I could send you some matches from my wii and have you record them and give them to me to post on youtube?

I lost the wire I need and I really wanted to get these matches up, if you can just gimmie your aim and I'll get in touch with you.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Hey is there ANY chance I could send you some matches from my wii and have you record them and give them to me to post on youtube?

I lost the wire I need and I really wanted to get these matches up, if you can just gimmie your aim and I'll get in touch with you.
Sure, I now have a reason to make room on my comp xD. i just deleted 20gigs of stuff. thanks. haha.

I also have a reason to update my aim and msn stuff. just check out my profile in a min. If anyone else needs stuff recorded hit me up.

but quick question, if I have homebrew, am i still have to get videos and stuff without it updating?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Continue the sopo matchup thread, it was actually usefull as it made us look into something which we mostly underlooked. Every part of a matchup is important imo.

Smoom77

Smash Master
One reason I don't post here much is because I've always felt like I'm too new to have an opinion or have any good info (I'm only 13...)

I'm starting to feel less nooby, so expect me to post more.

r3d d09

Smash Master
One reason I don't post here much is because I've always felt like I'm too new to have an opinion or have any good info (I'm only 13...)

... I'm posting here so that give the right for everyone else to post here ;)

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Definitely seeing some improvement around here. If we can get someone to start that desynching thread (not me, I'm too busy with school right now), we'd be golden. As I've said before, I feel the ICs can still improve a lot through desynching, so a topic dedicated to it will help everyone here.

Hey, I'm not very good either, but that doesn't stop me from trying to contribute when I can. Just trust your judgments, and study the game/ask around to confirm or deny any thoughts you might have.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Lol your IC's aren't bad though. Age doesn't matter, your the same age as me >.<

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Lol your IC's aren't bad though. Age doesn't matter, your the same age as me >.<
Aaaaand I'm the same age as you guys.

If we're talking about competitive Brawl, age matters because an 8 or a 9 year old can't read big vocabulary words or read brawl competitive stuff yet such as the character matchups because he/she might not understand it yet, but this rarely happens anyway. :p But if we're talking about in general of how he/she's going to play, it is different; it depends whether he or she can play the game or not. Though when you're at least 10 or above, you could be good. I have a friend that's now 12, and he's awesomely good with Kirby, but he hasn't been brawling for like a month now.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
lol my sister mains wario and she SH dairs combos, DI's correctly, times her farts, uses bike to recover, knows kills moves and what moves suck, and she's 10. and shes pro-ban.

Who exactly are all the dedicated Ice climber mains right now?

Prawn

Smash Master
I'm dedicated but I'm trash,

like I feel like I'm getting better but have been atrocious in tournaments. This saturday I'm trying out an approach that I think will work so hopefully.

Best ICs are Lain, Hylian, Meep, this kid l!ink from europe is bomb but I haven't seen him around lately. I heard Fly Amanita was making some big splashes on the WC to be honest but I don't follow it that closely. All of those are in no particular order just things I thought off the top of my head.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've been inconsistent as hell lately. I'm not sure why, though, which is kind of frustrating. Fiction's ICs are also really good.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
"Dedicated" and "good" are not the same. We all know who the good ICs are, but they are not the only ones who are dedicated, who are actively striving to learn more about and become better with their character.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I thought I was pretty good. :urg:;

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
OHHH HEEEY. I will do my thing now.

KawaiiBunny! said:
I thought I was pretty good. ;
stoopdklutz said:
I want to be good =x
KawaiiBunny! said:
I thought pretty good
stoopdklutz said:
want to be good
KawaiiBunny! said:
was pretty good
stoopdklutz said:
KawaiiBunny! said:
pretty good
stoopdklutz said:
KawaiiBunny! said:
KawaiiBunny! said:
I thought I was pretty
stoopdklutz said:
I want to be pretty
stoopdklutz said:
Thanks.

I am never ever ever ever ever ever ever going to be good forever and ever and ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever and ever. ....................Kaëy.

I just can't attend tourneys, that's all. It's 'cos of my parents. :p But one of the reasons I don't want to go too is that I don't want to be surrounded, by, older, people, than, me, so, I, probably, don't, know, them. PLUS, I, am, very, very, very, shy.

/Ending of the most dramatic scene in this topic

IxxI

Smash Fence
Guys. I want a chart of the DThrow chaingrab Popo can do. I want percent windows, and to what percent he can CG to.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Of course So-Po. I want to see which characters he can DThrow CG > FSmash, and to what percent it goes to. That way we'll all know when to FSmash.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
OHHH HEEEY. I will do my thing now.
I just can't attend tourneys, that's all. It's 'cos of my parents. :p But one of the reasons I don't want to go too is that I don't want to be surrounded, by, older, people, than, me, so, I, probably, don't, know, them. PLUS, I, am, very, very, very, shy.

/Ending of the most dramatic scene in this topic
Awww don't be afarid, it's just that if you're going, make sure you have fun; that's all that's important =D

And I think SoPo can Dthrow CG to Fsmash Bowser, DK, and some other weird characters.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm a dedicated Ice Climbers main! I don't post here much, but I'm very active in the Regional boards and do lurk here all the time. :3

This may be kind of abrupt, but I've actually been working on an ultimate move guide of sorts. It's a compilation of all data on Icies' moveset, including frame data, attack properties (launch angle, stun, etc.), with screenshots of every frame of every move. Eventually I want to extend it to include hitbox data, whenever we have a means of viewing hitboxes. I don't know how useful it would be to most of us since we generally have a handle of what attack can do what, but gathering this kind of info interests me, so I've been doing that haha. Dunno when it'll be finished, but I'm super lazy so don't expect anytime soon. xP

Anyway, that's that.

If anyone needs something recorded for some guide or whatever, I can do that. I don't post much, but I AM active, so just PM me or something if needed.

Also matchups I'm interested in, in order:

Zero Suit Samus
Marth
Meta Knight
R.O.B.

I'd also like to know about Olimar and Zelda but I don't have to deal with them very often at all so it doesn't matter to me nearly as much.

IxxI - I can see about testing the dthrow chain against CPUs tonight, but I'll need people to help with finding out when actual humans can escape.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm a dedicated IC main. . . I do pretty decent for not being able to get CG's off as well as I'd like.

since people are posting opponents they're interested in... Pikmin is probably my worst match up... with any character lol and I have a hard time with zelda just because of my playing style. ^.^

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Awww don't be afarid, it's just that if you're going, make sure you have fun; that's all that's important =D

And I think SoPo can Dthrow CG to Fsmash Bowser, DK, and some other weird characters.
;-; I'm gooña kry. ;-;

SoPo can only d-throw chain characters who are fastfallers: Sheik, Fox, Falco, Wolf, etc. I d-throw'd a Bowser and Donkey Kong before and they just jumped out of it. Just end up with a u-air or a u-smash when you know they're going to jump.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Just end up with a u-air or a u-smash when you know they're going to jump.
Yes, definately. I want this kind of info because we all know what to do with grabs with both climbers, but what do we do with a SoPo? I want percentages so I can predict what they'll do.
Should I uair, usmash, grab again, etc...? This would help a lot.

I was wondering, how do you test when you can DI/escape from a combo or such without another human?

Top Bottom