• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm trying to incorperate Zelda's Jab into the game more.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
LOL TOO GOOD sankyuu for the compliment. I do overuse that jab XD
you laugh but, seriously, you=best zelda jab user I've ever seen. no lies.

since so many zelda users just plain don't use her jab. a video showing how effective it can be could really help it find some use.

*nods*

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've never tried jab > dash attack =O It just never occurred to me :/

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol, NinjaLink needs to upgrade to Pro or else we won't be able to see the M2K ****.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Hehe. I may not even keep that pic. I already have other sigs made including a zelda one. I'm jumping around the chars prolly each month or whatever.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Dash grab also sometimes works or a usmash, Depends on how far away you send them. Long story short: jabz iz gude.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
So... I know this is a big bump, but Zelda's jab is seriously too good.

I've been doing a lot of jab > Utilt. It's great against aerial approaches and covers ALL her angles. Maybe not safely, but her utilt will trade hits, I can't think of anything that doesn't trade hits with her Utilt. This tradeoff can be really beneficial for Zelda if the enemy's at higher percents.

Jab to protect, and if they think of jumping over the no cooldown lets her utilt in time to catch them out. Great stuff!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If Zelda had a better jab (Thinking of a AA/AAA-jab), that alone would make her better than she is today :'(

goodkid

Smash Lord
If Zelda had a better jab (Thinking of a AA/AAA-jab), that alone would make her better than she is today :'(
No her Jab is unique, & its fine, I usually use it to bait my opponents, like when I finish using F-Smash, they think its safe to attack, then I jab right in there face.:laugh: It could also be spammed to bait them to roll or jump, I'll try that :lick:

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
Long time since I've posted, but I've grown really fond of her jab. Quite often I find myself using it at low percents to follow with a throw. Other times I just use it as a sort of stun if someone is rushing toward me.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I hate the way it radiates, though. I don't care all too much about the damage it deals, but really, it's a slow jab, it can miss shorter/ducking characters, and it isn't even the best move to use in most cases. If dtilt can hit her opponent, she might as well use that. This move is mainly good for stopping SH approaches and for setting up a few things. The low lag is nice, but I think if it came with a faster start-up (I dunno, Frame 5 even), it would be pretty good, but you might as well dtilt, since that's her "jab"... in my opinion.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
^^ absolutely right. Dtilt is her 'jab'. Only use for mixups on shield and anti-air(SH approachs).

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It can be. Just don't be predictable with it. jab > running grab, jab > dash attack, jab > whatever, anything goes! Just make sure it works ^^

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
=( unfortunately. But I suppose if you do them rarely and mix it up they have a better chance

Top Bottom