• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm the original here" - Dark Pit Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What interests does he have other than these three?
1. Kicking ***
2. Being free
3. Kicking Pit's ***

I kinda thought he grew out of three after the Chaos Kin incident made
him realize their existences are linked.
Considering the fighters and angels actually die in LvD and it's somehow cannon, they can't be that linked.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering the fighters and angels actually die in LvD and it's somehow cannon, they can't be that linked.
Light vs. Dark is stated to be just a competition. Not a fight to the death. When the game ends, you can see the winner helping the loser to get up.

Likewise, Smash has a competitive spirit to the whole thing, but characters aren't trying to kill each other. This is evidenced by the win screen with the losers clapping and some win quotes.

The Dark Pit guidance gives off the vibe that Viridi and Dark Pit just want to compete against their respective rivals, Palutena and Pit.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Light vs. Dark is stated to be just a competition. Not a fight to the death. When the game ends, you can see the winner helping the loser to get up.

Likewise, Smash has a competitive spirit to the whole thing, but characters aren't trying to kill each other. This is evidenced by the win screen with the losers clapping and some win quotes.

The Dark Pit guidance gives off the vibe that Viridi and Dark Pit just want to compete against their respective rivals, Palutena and Pit.
I remember something to the effect that said fighters get killed and revived moments later.

That, and the death and revival animations are the same as in the story.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
What interests does he have other than these three?
1. Kicking ***
2. Being free
3. Kicking Pit's ***

I kinda thought he grew out of three after the Chaos Kin incident made
him realize their existences are linked.
I'm pretty sure #3 can be interpreted as just friendly bro-rivalry. Doesn't have to mean he wants to kill Pit.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Tbh I think Pit having the controllable arrows makes him better, but I like Dark Pit's personality and palette swaps. Aesthetics seem to be important to me since I've barely played Pit. I do think DP's Side B is better for my play style, but I don't use it enough to make a difference...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What the....

Thats not how to get dark pit

I got the strategy guide and it says beat all star mode with any character on normal or higher

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There's an animation error in the 3DS version.

If you pummel with Dark Pit, the Silver Bow will briefly be suspended in the air. It only works with Dark Pit, Pit still holds the Palutena Bow like normal. Not sure if the Wii U version has it.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

If you pummel with Dark Pit, the Silver Bow will briefly be suspended in the air. It only works with Dark Pit, Pit's still holds the Palutena Bow like normal. Not sure if the Wii U version has it.
I remember this. Just checked, it's fixed in SSBU.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

If you pummel with Dark Pit, the Silver Bow will briefly be suspended in the air. It only works with Dark Pit, Pit still holds the Palutena Bow like normal. Not sure if the Wii U version has it.
I've noticed this as well.

A small oversight and, from what I've seen in videos, it doesn't happen in the Wii U version, as @ LancerStaff LancerStaff has stated. Perhaps, they could fix it in a future patch...

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry guys, we already knew. You'll be getting this against you whenever you play a good G&W even if you never say anything about it. (This trick also works against a lot of other characters, notably the Star Fox characters with their slow up-Bs.)

Coffee™

I need it....
This has been around since Brawl, no decent player is gonna fall for this...

GrayFox8983

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrayFox8983
Yo, Dark Pit is a beast. Just people are sleeping on a lot of potential these characters have, imo. ^^

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
You need to fall down deep until you don't fly further with your power of flight. Of course you need to grab the edge. After that you roll to safety like MagiusNecros said.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Nah, character is pretty average, maybe high-mid at best. He just really shines at gimping certain characters.

AdventCross

Smash Rookie
I just want to take the chance to drop by and introduce myself to the DP board.

I'm Cross an NY player. I've been a long time member of smashboards, just can't access my old account. I was more active on the Ike boards around 2009-2010, and I'm looking forward to be active on the Dark Pit boards and contributing anyway I can.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I just want to take the chance to drop by and introduce myself to the DP board.

I'm Cross an NY player. I've been a long time member of smashboards, just can't access my old account. I was more active on the Ike boards around 2009-2010, and I'm looking forward to be active on the Dark Pit boards and contributing anyway I can.
Welcome! Always cool to see a fellow New Yorker :3
back to lurking I go :3

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Je ne pense pas personnellement foncé Pit méritait d'être son propre caractère du tout. Je avoue que je ne l'utilise parfois, mais je suis très confiant qu'il se est coupé la prochaine fois

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Je ne pense pas personnellement foncé Pit méritait d'être son propre caractère du tout. Je avoue que je ne l'utilise parfois, mais je suis très confiant qu'il se est coupé la prochaine fois
What was the point of this?

Seriously, this is a social thread for Dark Pit players, why spoil their fun?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mais c'est bien entendu que Pit foncé a son propre caractère, çà le rend unique.

Non mais sérieusement le bon mot est personnage.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Why would you come in here, pretty much dis Dark Pit in his social thread, and do it in French so less people would understand you??

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why would you come in here, pretty much dis Dark Pit in his social thread, and do it in French so less people would understand you??
In all fairness, it wasn't entirely negative. Here's the second post I did in French here.
Je ne doute pas que noir Pit est un personnage admirable, je ai juste pensé que ce était un peu bizarre de l'avoir dans, ce est tout.
This means "I don't doubt that Dark Pit is an admirable character, I just think it's kinda weird that he's in.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
In all fairness, it wasn't entirely negative. Here's the second post I did in French here.

This means "I don't doubt that Dark Pit is an admirable character, I just think it's kinda weird that he's in.
I understood both posts, that doesn't change the fact that it was highly unnecessary and it came off as a way to talk negatively about a character and not get called out on for doing so.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Hast du keine Geduld für Unser Dark Pit? Du tust mir leid.

It is funny though. I originally only used dark pit to screw with the people who hated him being here, but then he ended being one of my mains.

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
I just started picking up Dark Pit and... I like him... despite the fact that he's a clone. =/

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just started picking up Dark Pit and... I like him... despite the fact that he's a clone. =/
If you like a character, go ahead and play them. Clone or not, there's no shame in that.

Let the haters hate.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Does anyone still salty that Dark Pit is in the game ?

I remember a huge number of people who was disappointed cause they thought he replaced Lucas and Wolf.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Does anyone still salty that Dark Pit is in the game ?

I remember a huge number of people who was disappointed cause they thought he replaced Lucas and Wolf.
As much as I like Wolf, people have to be in denial to think Dark Pit is what kept him and Lucas from being in the game.

I consider Dark Pit to be something closer to Alph then to a standalone character.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
As much as I like Wolf, people have to be in denial to think Dark Pit is what kept him and Lucas from being in the game.

I consider Dark Pit to be something closer to Alph then to a standalone character.
Yeah, I agree. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom