• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm the original here" - Dark Pit Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, the only person Pittoo was in competition with was Alph, and even if he was intended from the get-go, there's no way he would have taken anybody's place.

The same arguments used to criticise his addition (to wit: "He's just a palette swap" / "He plays the same as Pit") are, interestingly enough, what vindicate it, since he didn't take a significant amount of time to develop and therefore couldn't have taken somebody's place.

And places don't exist anyway so it's not like he had anything to muscle into in the first place. :3

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah, the only person Pittoo was in competition with was Alph, and even if he was intended from the get-go, there's no way he would have taken anybody's place.

The same arguments used to criticise his addition (to wit: "He's just a palette swap" / "He plays the same as Pit") are, interestingly enough, what vindicate it, since he didn't take a significant amount of time to develop and therefore couldn't have taken somebody's place.

And places don't exist anyway so it's not like he had anything to muscle into in the first place. :3
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the roster was decided from the get go(at least Sakurai said something along those lines). :4darkpit: was just a last minute addition along with the other two in the little time they had left, so logically he couldn't have taken a character's "spot" even if they wanted him to. Even if it wasn't him, it would've just been someone else(it's debatable, though some suggest Alph). Either way, it would've been the same result regardless of who they chose.

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
I don't know why, but Dark Pit really appealed to me when I saw him, while Pit never did.

Definitely working on making him very reliable for me!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go into the social threads and post my silhouettes, you guys might like them. :)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Howdy gents. So just a heads up, through the week I'll be doing some spring cleaning, reformatting and thread creation in Pittoo's forum, to really make this place great. If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know, let's make this a community effort.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Howdy gents. So just a heads up, through the week I'll be doing some spring cleaning, reformatting and thread creation in Pittoo's forum, to really make this place great. If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know, let's make this a community effort.
How can we help?

Neo Zero

How can we help?
Well, I want to reformat things so they're at a level that's on par with many of the other boards. I'm mostly looking for people who would want to help run some of the threads here.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well, I want to reformat things so they're at a level that's on par with many of the other boards. I'm mostly looking for people who would want to help run some of the threads here.
Hm. Not sure if I'd be a good choice for overlooking things because I have a tendency for leaving for long stretches of time without warning. Unless it's more of a community thing, then I'd gladly sign up.

Neo Zero

Just to note, I'll be making the following things

-New MU thread
-A tournament result thread

There's a few other things but I'll have to handle those, so if anyone wants to help out with those (I can contribute of course so it's not like you're doing it alone) let me know

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Not really, that DP was just bad, i play DP and you can avoid that a myraid of ways.

Obitars are your friend, you should never be juggled or spammed while using these. Time it well.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Uh, not a whole lot.
Nothing ever seems to happen in this thread. Or this board, for that matter, outside of people talking about Pittoey's clone status...
I'm no stranger to the topic. But let's try and change that. What are the key advantages one character has in a match-up that the other doesn't have? Things of that nature. It could also be included in a differences between both characters thread which is centralized and has ease of access. For example, @ kyoskue kyoskue 's thread is great and already includes stats what I mentioned above could be a great addition.

The other idea I had was to have Let's Watch Series. Where every week or few days, we would watch Dark Pit tournament videos (either high or low level) and analyze what the player did, what could have been improved, or figure out how we could apply the techniques those players utilized.

There's a lot of things that can be done for growth and switch the atmosphere of this sub-forum. What ideas have you guys had? Do you think mine would be interesting to see implemented? Let's discuss :)
Managed to pre-order a Dark Pit amiibo alongside the Inkling Girl amiibo. Nothing fancy.
Lucky, I haven't been able to get a single one :( My collection is incomplete. Was it difficult to get?

:227:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As far as matchups go...
His arrows provide him no advantage in any matchup, his F-tilt provides him with no advantages in any matchup, so that just leaves Electroshock.

I suppose our biggest problem here is simply that we're overshadowed by Pit, which kind of makes competitive discussion here difficult. The two are so incredibly similar it's hard to find things that apply to only just one.

...I have a feeling I'm not going to ever be able to get my hands on a Pitooey amiibo. My Pit amiibo was hard enough to find already.
And I'm certainly not buying any from a scalper; they don't deserve my money.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm just hoping the update buffs him somehow. A significant power difference on his arrows would be nice.

...Although I get the feeling they'll just mess around with his junk code again. :urg:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm no stranger to the topic. But let's try and change that. What are the key advantages one character has in a match-up that the other doesn't have? Things of that nature. It could also be included in a differences between both characters thread which is centralized and has ease of access. For example, @ kyoskue kyoskue 's thread is great and already includes stats what I mentioned above could be a great addition.

The other idea I had was to have Let's Watch Series. Where every week or few days, we would watch Dark Pit tournament videos (either high or low level) and analyze what the player did, what could have been improved, or figure out how we could apply the techniques those players utilized.

There's a lot of things that can be done for growth and switch the atmosphere of this sub-forum. What ideas have you guys had? Do you think mine would be interesting to see implemented? Let's discuss :)

Lucky, I haven't been able to get a single one :( My collection is incomplete. Was it difficult to get?

:227:
Getting Dark Pit's amiibo preordered was really handy, since it was the last day of school before the holidays (and the day the direct aired) and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D had been released for Australia on that day. So I decided to put down $10 on the Dark Pit amiibo and the Inkling Girl amiibo while also picking up XC3D. [EDIT] Though I admit some of those other amiibo figures would have been great, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Greninja...

As for Dark Pit matches, I've been looking at the Shots Fired video with M2K VS Nairo
, Dark Pit VS Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
(...) It could also be included in a differences between both characters thread which is centralized and has ease of access. For example, @ kyoskue kyoskue 's thread is great and already includes stats what I mentioned above could be a great addition. (...)
...Speaking of which, I should probably get around to finishing that at some point.

Good to know that people are still using it, guess I owe it to you guys to finish it up. ;)
Well, I guess after my current topic gets a little more attention that I can head back to working on that.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
...Speaking of which, I should probably get around to finishing that at some point.

Good to know that people are still using it, guess I owe it to you guys to finish it up. ;)
Well, I guess after my current topic gets a little more attention that I can head back to working on that.
Maybe you should wait for the update coming in about a week. Might buff that Ftilt. :bee:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My brother, who's ambivalent at best towards Kid Icarus, always tells me that he thinks Pittoo is great because he has the best victory theme and win quotes.

Feels good. :3

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Getting Dark Pit's amiibo preordered was really handy, since it was the last day of school before the holidays (and the day the direct aired) and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D had been released for Australia on that day. So I decided to put down $10 on the Dark Pit amiibo and the Inkling Girl amiibo while also picking up XC3D. [EDIT] Though I admit some of those other amiibo figures would have been great, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Greninja...

As for Dark Pit matches, I've been looking at the Shots Fired video with M2K VS Nairo
, Dark Pit VS Diddy Kong.
I'll be honest; I always thought Electroshock was a tad bit overrated. But after watching that battle, I guess I just didn't know when it's safe to use it.

Those battles helped me see Electroshock in a new light. Perhaps it actually does have a better nock back angle then Upperdash in the end; between F-Throw and their off-stage tools, the Pits are really all about keeping the opponent near the edge to get their kills.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I've been sick the past few days, so I haven't really been able to do all that much. Before patch time though I'll finish making the big threads.

As for @ Locuan Locuan , well that would generall be good if I could combine the two match up threads again. However, my Pit friend isn't to keen on the idea, and who knows, maybe if we're lucky we'll be less cloney in a few days (though my hopes aren't very high)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What it do, Pittoo mains! I'm a dedicated Rosalina and Mega Man main myself who recently picked him up as another secondary and I must say...I'm digging his playstyle. I actually like him better than the original Pit, whom I often find annoying but I still like him though, and plus he's the closest thing I have to Wolf so there's that. Looking forward to playing him some more.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
What it do, Pittoo mains! I'm a dedicated Rosalina and Mega Man main myself who recently picked him up as another secondary and I must say...I'm digging his playstyle. I actually like him better than the original Pit, whom I often find annoying but I still like him though, and plus he's the closest thing I have to Wolf so there's that. Looking forward to playing him some more.
Don't spam side b

Always do the "nice try" victory pose

Put down the dark pit haters

Don't over commit with dark pit, I'm a victim of this, but it only happens with dark pit for me for some reason, not sure about other people

nair and fair, I love these

If I told you something you already know... Don't forget it

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Don't spam side b

Always do the "nice try" victory pose

Put down the dark pit haters

Don't over commit with dark pit, I'm a victim of this, but it only happens with dark pit for me for some reason, not sure about other people

nair and fair, I love these

If I told you something you already know... Don't forget it
The Dark Pit haters are the reason why I decided to pick him up.

And I have no intention of spamming Electroshock Arm.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Dark Pit haters are the reason why I decided to pick him up.
That's why I picked him up myself.

I wanted to drink the tears of all the clone haters, and I wanted to cut them apart with Pitooey's extreme edginess.

(Cut? Edgy? Get it? Okay, that joke was bad and I should feel bad).

Neo Zero

That's why I picked him up myself.

I wanted to drink the tears of all the clone haters, and I wanted to cut them apart with Pitooey's extreme edginess.

(Cut? Edgy? Get it? Okay, that joke was bad and I should feel bad).

Welcome @ Tino Tino to the land of black and being cool because the creator said so.
Naw, 's'okay.
I'd rather have everything down for posterity's sake.
Besides, I could at least work on other things like posting Palutena's Guidance or general strategies.
Hey what do you mean by other things anyway. Like for here?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just played Chapter 22 of Uprising while waiting for the Mewtwo DLC.

I love how that chapter is super-edgy, until you reach the boss fight, where all the tension just suddenly breaks as Pandora comes back in the form of an annoying amazon warrior.

Then Dark Pit accidentally jumps to his death before Viridi bails him out.

So next time someone makes fun of Pittoey for being edgy...just remind them, Uprising made fun of him first.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just played Chapter 22 of Uprising while waiting for the Mewtwo DLC.

I love how that chapter is super-edgy, until you reach the boss fight, where all the tension just suddenly breaks as Pandora comes back in the form of an annoying amazon warrior.

Then Dark Pit accidentally jumps to his death before Viridi bails him out.

So next time someone makes fun of Pittoey for being edgy...just remind them, Uprising made fun of him first.
That entire chapter is simultaneously full of amazing heroism and hysterical swipes at poor Pittoo.

"Our hero's looking a little goth today. I hope the stresses of life haven't worn you out - that would be ever so tragic! ... It's hilarious how you have no sense of humour!"

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Did the patch add any more differences between the two Pits?

...please?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm changing my 3DS main icon to Mewtwo.

I'm sorry, Pitooey.
I still love you.

If only I could have three Smash 3DS/Wii U icons down there...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

It's a shame, but it's not like we didn't see this coming. New MU thread coming shortly (once I work the exact details out with Chompy).

Pittoo~

Smash Rookie
Really? You come to a Dark Pit forum to post hate???????????
I mean I was er kind of funny but it is really annoying, you see this kind of stuff every day...
So i'm use to it, don't let us fans ruin your fun.. plus just thinking about it, Dark Pit could take G&W anyday everyone knows that, it depends also on the player using the character which is another reason of why Dark Pit lost or G&W knew he wasn't good enough and couldn't do anything but spam.

Pittoo~

Smash Rookie
Why should it matter if Dark Pit is a clone? He is a clone in uprising so Sakuari is staying true to Dark Pit's character.
And i'm guessing most people hate him because they know their character can get beat by Dark Pit.
Plus, Pit gets hate but not as much because he's not a clone but to honest the whole Kid Icarus franchise gets hate sometimes over something so simple as controls, there is a thing called 'control confuiguartion for a reason'.
TBH, If you hate Dark Pit, why are you viewing this forum?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Wow this place is empty, it's pretty sad. Is this actually the social?:sadsheep: Anyway hello fellow angels:happysheep: maybe you should reply more to these kind of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom