• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm the original here" - Dark Pit Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

So we're in, yay. For all those mains of Pittoo, your casual lounge is here. May also use this to organize a skype group down the line.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ooh, shiny new social thread. Awesome!

I for one am so glad to have him here. He's a cool bonus character and I can't wait to hear his voice in English! He'll exude even more coolness then.

Also, I come bearing a gift- my own Dark Pit gameplay footage! For those ready to kick some butt and take some names with Pit's better half, here's a quick match against a Lv 9 CPU that shows two of his edge-guarding options!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2hC3Wb65Z4&list=UU_oLDMWtXgDKc9SJWQHpaFw

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
This thread seems rather quiet at the moment. xD

I had a feeling DP would be a character, and I told myself that if he was, I'd use him (over regular Pit). So here he is as a playable! I'll definitely check him out. I don't mind his clone status either.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I won't be even close to maining him, but he doesn't deserve the hate. I'm just excited that Uprising even got a 3rd rep. I don't think there's a single bad character in the game. Sure, his personality wasn't exactly original, but he was awesome when teaming up with Pit.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I intended to pick up Dark Pit for the sake of making MUH ROSTER nerds mad but he actually seems legit so I'm glad I made this choice.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Two question

1) what makes dark pit so special for other anit dark hero characters. I not dissing, I actually really like they guy, but there is something about him that makes DP so special

2) Did it for anyone else that it made sense for dark pit to get his own slot than others like Alph because really, see how similar DP is to Pit, how much of a difference would have Sakuria made to someone like Alph?

If it sounds like I bagging the characters, I sorry but I am not, these are just sincere questions

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Two question

1) what makes dark pit so special for other anit dark hero characters. I not dissing, I actually really like they guy, but there is something about him that makes DP so special

2) Did it for anyone else that it made sense for dark pit to get his own slot than others like Alph because really, see how similar DP is to Pit, how much of a difference would have Sakuria made to someone like Alph?

If it sounds like I bagging the characters, I sorry but I am not, these are just sincere questions
1) Dark Pit is a little more different to Pit than Link/Dark Link or Samus/Dark Samus ...
Also, Dark Pit has different voice-acting, weapon... what the other two would not, looking even more lazy to be done.
Dark Pit is from Kid Icarus. Kid Icarus is Sakurai newborn child, and probably was closer to him, making the work being easier
(I mean... It's from Sora. Everyone there know how to build Dark Pit in three days)

2) I agree with you Alph could be a clone too...
But with DARK Pit you can look to that friend that beat you and say :
"You're ***** now man.. I'm selling my soul to the Dark side of the force" and plays Dark Pit instead. :shades:
I'm anxious for this. It's awesome.

And build all the "Light Vs Dark" hype for casuals or childs to play the battle between them.
Alph is not the edgy Olimar ;)

BlinkIV

Avenger
Differences are:

Pit's arrows do less damage but you have more control. Dark Pits arrows do more damage and have less control
Pit's Side-B sends opponents directly upwards. Dark Pits sends opponents upward and away
Pit's move generally do less damage but have more KB. Dark Pit's do more damage but have less KB.
*Unconfirmed*: Pit's moves have startup, but less endlag. Dark Pit's moves come faster, but have more endlag. Again- Unconfirmed.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Actually research showed that the A moves had the same % and KBs

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
I go away for a few days and when i get back all this happens, i would've watched the stream but there was no wi-fi where i was Pit: Inferior Dark Pit: Superior -Gamer Soundwave :)

Kuro_Ikazuchiryu

Smash Rookie
Two things to say, and I'm sorry if this gets dragged out on my part.

1st Dark Pit's differences from Pit that I know of, or that I've heard of:
  • Slower/heavier from what I've heard
  • D-Air is a meteor smash
  • Side B sends opponents at an angle rather than upwards
  • Dark Pit's FS is a O.H.K.
  • Dark Pit's arrows are harder to control
2nd Why is that Dark Pit gets bashed everywhere except for here? On Youtube, I always see it. "Dark Pit is so bland. He's the definition of a copy. All of his moves are copies of Pit's, and his FS is a copy of Zelda/Sheik's. Why is he in this game again?" Dr. Mario in Melee is exactly like Dark Pit if that's the case. It's just sooooo annoying, like I don't care if they bash a character, but they should at least go in depth on the character before doing so. :glare:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Two things to say, and I'm sorry if this gets dragged out on my part.

1st Dark Pit's differences from Pit that I know of, or that I've heard of:
  • Slower/heavier from what I've heard
  • D-Air is a meteor smash
  • Side B sends opponents at an angle rather than upwards
  • Dark Pit's FS is a O.H.K.
  • Dark Pit's arrows are harder to control
2nd Why is that Dark Pit gets bashed everywhere except for here? On Youtube, I always see it. "Dark Pit is so bland. He's the definition of a copy. All of his moves are copies of Pit's, and his FS is a copy of Zelda/Sheik's. Why is he in this game again?" Dr. Mario in Melee is exactly like Dark Pit if that's the case. It's just sooooo annoying, like I don't care if they bash a character, but they should at least go in depth on the character before doing so. :glare:
The only differences between them are neutral B, side B, and FS. Besides that they are the same character.

Kuro_Ikazuchiryu

Smash Rookie
Agreed, but I'll probably main Dark Pit > Pit. I dunno why. I just think Dark Pit has more kill potential because of his Side B, which honestly might be his best special.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've always said I'd main Pit, and I'm sticking to that, but Dark Pit's still a welcome addition to me. I'm a huge fan of Uprising and having the option to play as the other half of the angelic duo is gonna be a lot of fun. <3

Lovin' the Silver Bow and the Electroshock Arm. Small differences, but it's the little things that make this game so amazing. ;D

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I just realized that the Silver Bow makes the same sound that it does in Uprising. That makes me happy <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lovin' the Silver Bow and the Electroshock Arm. Small differences, but it's the little things that make this game so amazing. ;D
If only everyone thought that way...

And I realize this is my first post on the new Dark Pit social thread. I'll be using him a lot, for sure. After all, he was one of my most wanted characters.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
There are literally no differences between them they combo exactly the same
I just prefer Dark Pit aesthetically
really i swear it's near impossible to get anything done with regular pit.Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
There are literally no differences between them they combo exactly the same
I just prefer Dark Pit aesthetically
There is a slight one.

Dark Pit's arrows has less curve ability. ANd his sideB is electrict rather than... light? I think Pit's type also charges.

D

Deleted member

Dark Pit's Side-B launches at a 45 degree angle rather than straight up, just for clarification.

And yeah, I don't know what it is, but I really just enjoy playing Dark Pit. He just feels better than his other half.

Brosheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brosheep
3DS FC
4725-7941-8345
I can say I don't really like how a recolour would become his own character in Smash at all, especially considering how much of Uprising made it into the game, but Dark Pit plays like a charm. It's a nice change after I couldn't get into Pit in Brawl.

So, I can say I'm one of the haters, but I've come to like him somewhat ironically because I hate his inclusion yet he plays really well (and in the end I shouldn't care about the roster that much anyway). Does anyone else feel that way?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just don't think of him as a recolour at all.. that wrongly defines him. I more so think of him as a character from KI:U than an actual pallete swap in Brawl.

Last edited:

Brosheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brosheep
3DS FC
4725-7941-8345
I do see where you're coming from and I do quite like the character in KIU. But, considering how Dark Pit was orginally a recolour in Brawl, I think that's where most complaints come from. I'm sure I'll eventually come to like him as his own character in Smash non-ironically, but right now, I still feel a bit like/hatey about him.
On the plus side, at the moment I can unleash all of my hate on my opponents and not the character himself. He's pretty fun to play!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not to mention there are actual differences between Pit's black color in Brawl and Dark Pit himself: Dark Pit has red eyes, instead of blue, and his outfit has golden parts instead of silver. Call me nitpicky if you will, but Pit's black color in Brawl and Dark Pit are different things.

Yes, Dark Pit's color scheme was likely inspired by said recolor, but besides looks and fighting abilities, he's very much his own character, with his own personality and motivations.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Not to mention there are actual differences between Pit's black color in Brawl and Dark Pit himself: Dark Pit has red eyes, instead of blue, and his outfit has golden parts instead of silver. Call me nitpicky if you will, but Pit's black color in Brawl and Dark Pit are different things.

Yes, Dark Pit's color scheme was likely inspired by said recolor, but besides looks and fighting abilities, he's very much his own character, with his own personality and motivations.
I think it's interesting to note that prior to the introduction of Dark Pit in Uprising, lots of fanartists who liked Pit's dark color scheme in Brawl actually depicted him with color changes similar to what he has in Uprising : O I remember seeing lots of art with red eyed Dark Pit, or Dark Pit with a silver and red colored bow. I started doing the red eyes thing after a while too. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo took some cues from the fans, considering his inclusion in Uprising was based at least partly on the popularity of Brawl Dark Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom