• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm the original here" - Dark Pit Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I noticed that Nairo hasn't been using Dark Pit lately, in favor of Zero Suit Samus. Does that say something about Dark Pit, say something about ZSS, or is it just the matchups and I'm looking too deep into it? Kinda sad to see the only Dark Pit player moving away from the character.
He uses the top tier characters of course, like in CEO 2015.
I'm sure he hasn't give up Dark Pit yet, he's good at almost every character anyway.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So I noticed that Nairo hasn't been using Dark Pit lately, in favor of Zero Suit Samus. Does that say something about Dark Pit, say something about ZSS, or is it just the matchups and I'm looking too deep into it? Kinda sad to see the only Dark Pit player moving away from the character.
Don't think he's moving away from him myself... ZSS probably is just that much better against the tip-top tiers right now.

The thing about Dark Pit (and Pit) is that they're safe from patches. And I mean completely 100% safe. There's been one (confirmed) change to the both of 'em and we still don't even understand what the heck it did. Doubt he picked these two up thinking they'd be immune to patches, but they make pretty good insurance in the event ZSS gets hit hard, which I'm thinking is going to happen before they stop balancing Smash 4. If Nario hasn't realized this yet... Well, hope he's reading.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Don't think he's moving away from him myself... ZSS probably is just that much better against the tip-top tiers right now.

The thing about Dark Pit (and Pit) is that they're safe from patches. And I mean completely 100% safe. There's been one (confirmed) change to the both of 'em and we still don't even understand what the heck it did. Doubt he picked these two up thinking they'd be immune to patches, but they make pretty good insurance in the event ZSS gets hit hard, which I'm thinking is going to happen before they stop balancing Smash 4. If Nario hasn't realized this yet... Well, hope he's reading.
Wouldn't that still be a bit odd, though, considering Dark Pit is largely regarded as his main?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
He uses the top tier characters of course, like in CEO 2015.
I'm sure he hasn't give up Dark Pit yet, he's good at almost every character anyway.
Oh look, the first reply in almost a month! :happysheep:

Well tier lists is just showing which chars have more potential than others.

:4zss: just has more potential than the :4darkpit: because of her speed and how she's played. She also might hold her own better than :4darkpit: in some MU's.

I think :4darkpit: is his pocket now which is a shame tbh :/

And @ LancerStaff LancerStaff am I welcome to the :4pit: boards?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Nairo did pull Dark Pit out in a second round of one of his matches at CEO. VGBC just didn't put him on their promo photo.

And for alt costumes I want Pit to have a Goku gi and Dark Pit to have Vegeta armor and a scouter :chuckle:

Zertnik24

Smash Rookie
NNID
cadeo24
As soon as Smash 3DS came out my friends all raged about how Dark Pit was an exact clone of Pit and I made it my mission to prove them wrong, with that I made it to the Semifinals in my first tournament as him so yeah :4darkpit: for life

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Nobody's talking about Dark Pit Amiibo? Well I'll be the first one to talk about Dark Pit Amiibo.

Nintendo is listing the release date as July 31st. Going to be a Best Buy exclusive. There are no online pre-orders, local pick-up only, one per customer, and first come, first serve basis.

This'll be my first Amiibo but I guess they've made some changes to make Amiibos easier to acquire. Guess I'll be getting up very very early in the morning on the 31st to get mine. Not even gonna take a chance, even if Dark Pit is one of the least popular characters.

Anybody else gonna buy? It'll probably be limited release so you'd better decide before the day comes what you're gonna do to get one.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/Qugs-NzWTCr5tWVR4zyhoGiLOzdlrn0v

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Someone can answer this little question?

The Old Dark Pit Support Thread was battlefield with flood-hate?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Golden's original support thread? Not really, since people didn't consider it to be a possibility until the ESRB leak.

After that... Well, we had some laughs. Like how people complained that he's generic when he's a parody, or even more recently we've had salty Dixie fans complain about the "stolen" slot, haha. There was sooo much stupidity around these parts for the first few months.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Golden's original support thread? Not really, since people didn't consider it to be a possibility until the ESRB leak.

After that... Well, we had some laughs. Like how people complained that he's generic when he's a parody, or even more recently we've had salty Dixie fans complain about the "stolen" slot, haha. There was sooo much stupidity around these parts for the first few months.
tfw people still complain how DP "stole" a slot even though Sakurai explained what happened and actually gave us more chars to play :p

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
tfw people still complain how DP "stole" a slot even though Sakurai explained what happened and actually gave us more chars to play :p
The decent ones usually flee when you post the article, at least.

*Is bored*

*Checks your profile*

Hm, didn't expect you to be so young with how good you are at Smash. You'd wreck most of my 23+ friends, actually. You'll be a monster by 18 if you keep at it.

Or maybe I'm just impressed because I was a scrub at your age.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
The decent ones usually flee when you post the article, at least.

*Is bored*

*Checks your profile*

Hm, didn't expect you to be so young with how good you are at Smash. You'd wreck most of my 23+ friends, actually. You'll be a monster by 18 if you keep at it.

Or maybe I'm just impressed because I was a scrub at your age.
Aw thankzies~ :happysheep: You really think so?

I play with the scrub gamepad so I don't think they allow those at tournaments :p

Maybe I should adapt to the Classic

Troykv

Smash Master

They don't see that put DP as a clone is a lot easier than put Dixie...

I always see the possibility that DP was a last minute adition

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Aw thankzies~ :happysheep: You really think so?

I play with the scrub gamepad so I don't think they allow those at tournaments :p

Maybe I should adapt to the Classic
Yeah, I do. I like to think I'm a good judge of skill after all the time I've put into these two. Keep at it, gorl. :bee:

Well, the optimal controller period would be a (properly) despringed GC controller. It's not totally lagless since it goes through an adapter, but it's still better then wireless. From some quick testing I figured out that wireless ends up a frame slower then wired once out of every twelve actions.

Of the wireless controllers though, I prefer the Wii U Pro controller since it's got a good shape and the sticks aren't too close together. Pinched my fingers together all too much in Brawl post-transfer with the Classic. The sticks are the same on a Pro as a Gamepad too.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, I do. I like to think I'm a good judge of skill after all the time I've put into these two. Keep at it, gorl. :bee:

Well, the optimal controller period would be a (properly) despringed GC controller. It's not totally lagless since it goes through an adapter, but it's still better then wireless. From some quick testing I figured out that wireless ends up a frame slower then wired once out of every twelve actions.

Of the wireless controllers though, I prefer the Wii U Pro controller since it's got a good shape and the sticks aren't too close together. Pinched my fingers together all too much in Brawl post-transfer with the Classic. The sticks are the same on a Pro as a Gamepad too.
Whoops I meant Pro >______>

I keep thinking it as Classic smh

Meh the rumble annoys me on the Pro, maybe I should turn it off...

Or adapt :p

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Whoops I meant Pro >______>

I keep thinking it as Classic smh

Meh the rumble annoys me on the Pro, maybe I should turn it off...

Or adapt :p
Yaknow, way back when my main machine was the GC, it took me years to realize rumble was a thing. And that was when the game froze and wouldn't stop rumbling.

Then I put it on the wooden floor and watched as it chased my cat out of the room. :estatic:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yaknow, way back when my main machine was the GC, it took me years to realize rumble was a thing. And that was when the game froze and wouldn't stop rumbling.

Then I put it on the wooden floor and watched as it chased my cat out of the room. :estatic:
lol I have no responsibilities for pets XD

Pets hate me or something :p

But having one would be nice

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
They don't see that put DP as a clone is a lot easier than put Dixie...

I always see the possibility that DP was a last minute adition
I'm a pretty big Dixie supporter. She's basically the only newcomer I really want right now, everyone else I'm just like "Yeah, cool." Anyway, I also love Dark Pit and have to agree he is so much easier to put in as a clone than Dixie. I think Dixie could be somewhat unique, while still a clone. She'd be a more unique clone than Dark Pit anyway (as much as I love him) and I wouldn't want them taking that away from her just to include her instead of Dark Pit. Dark Pit's a cool clone who was easily added last minute. Nothing else to it really.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I'm a pretty big Dixie supporter. She's basically the only newcomer I really want right now, everyone else I'm just like "Yeah, cool." Anyway, I also love Dark Pit and have to agree he is so much easier to put in as a clone than Dixie. I think Dixie could be somewhat unique, while still a clone. She'd be a more unique clone than Dark Pit anyway (as much as I love him) and I wouldn't want them taking that away from her just to include her instead of Dark Pit. Dark Pit's a cool clone who was easily added last minute. Nothing else to it really.
And the only reason because he's a character of his own is that Sakurai is smart enough to see the oddity of him using Palutena's treasures if he behaved like F!Robin.

Anyway, how to use the Dark Pit Staff?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I think Dixie would be more of a half clone or not a clone at all like :4falco: and :wolf:

And smh why doesn't :4darkpit: have like Pandora Claws or his staff to actually use in battle? (And not to use as a final smash)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think Dixie would be more of a half clone or not a clone at all like :4falco: and :wolf:

And smh why doesn't :4darkpit: have like Pandora Claws or his staff to actually use in battle? (And not to use as a final smash)
It's probably a good thing they're so similar. Most of the time we get clones they're trash compared to the originals or the originals become trash... And the differences he has now aren't exactly helping him much, haha.

Probably the safest thing they could do and not disrupt the balance the two have is replace Guardian Orbitars with something... Well, equally useful. Like maybe some Claws as a Dancing Blade clone, except shorter range and the whole attack is automatic. But then again FFAs.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
It's probably a good thing they're so similar. Most of the time we get clones they're trash compared to the originals or the originals become trash... And the differences he has now aren't exactly helping him much, haha.

Probably the safest thing they could do and not disrupt the balance the two have is replace Guardian Orbitars with something... Well, equally useful. Like maybe some Claws as a Dancing Blade clone, except shorter range and the whole attack is automatic. But then again FFAs.
I think they should make his arrows actually do more damage than Pit's uncharged. (Like what's the point of it charged?)

Or replace his neutral b with the staff

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think they should make his arrows actually do more damage than Pit's uncharged. (Like what's the point of it charged?)

Or replace his neutral b with the staff
A significant damage buff would be good, but FFAs again... I've came up with a few ideas. You make them pierce/destroy other projectiles at the cost of projectile speed (namely to make up for not really having fullhop arrows), make them turn much faster but limit how far they can turn (probably not possible since the turning radius is solely determined by the turning speed value but whatever), significantly increase knockback (Fair level KB would be cool eh?:bluejump:), decrease the endlag, or a combination.

I like having the DP Staff as a Final Smash, since Staves are supposed to be powerful and all. And it'd be silly to have a Bow and not shoot it.

Well, the point of charging it is that it's more of a mindgame thing since it's both delayed and has more speed. Since it won't fire if you keep turning, you can just sit there and wait for them to get too close or make a mistake. Of course you can just jump over Dark Pit's...

Still haven't even fixed his visual errors on 3DS Sakurai. WTFudge?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
A significant damage buff would be good, but FFAs again... I've came up with a few ideas. You make them pierce/destroy other projectiles at the cost of projectile speed (namely to make up for not really having fullhop arrows), make them turn much faster but limit how far they can turn (probably not possible since the turning radius is solely determined by the turning speed value but whatever), significantly increase knockback (Fair level KB would be cool eh?:bluejump:), decrease the endlag, or a combination.

I like having the DP Staff as a Final Smash, since Staves are supposed to be powerful and all. And it'd be silly to have a Bow and not shoot it.

Well, the point of charging it is that it's more of a mindgame thing since it's both delayed and has more speed. Since it won't fire if you keep turning, you can just sit there and wait for them to get too close or make a mistake. Of course you can just jump over Dark Pit's...

Still haven't even fixed his visual errors on 3DS Sakurai. WTFudge?
Meh, His arrows are so bad it makes me cry ;__________;

Oh and on the 3DS version DP doesn't hold his Silver bow when pummelling (Unless they patched that...)

The bow just floats there

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643

As Lancer Staff said, I'm okay with his staff only being his final smash for similar reasons, but it would have been neat to see him mix it up with like the pandora claws. There's so many weapons in KIU it's unfortunate we only got to see a few of them. I don't mind his arrows, they're okay but that's about it. I don't really play pit but I prefer his arrows to Dark Pit anyway. I don't really care about move mechanics and what not but still, I like Lancer Staff's suggestions too. They're pretty interesting!

My biggest fear is that he doesn't return for the next game. I don't want them to do him like they did Wolf. Just de-clone him with the moveset options you have with KIU.
It's pretty possible he won't return? At least I think so, even though I'd really like him to. I'm pretty sure Sakurai said this was going to be his last smash game so if there were to be another one Dark Pit wouldn't have anything to protect him from being cut other than the fact he's easy to add and helps flesh out the roster. The new director probably wouldn't have any bias towards him, and without a veteran status he could get cut cause reasons. I don't really know, I'm just going to enjoy him while he's still in the game, it helps me deal with no ice climbers :(

Dark Pit is the best I love him.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
As Lancer Staff said, I'm okay with his staff only being his final smash for similar reasons, but it would have been neat to see him mix it up with like the pandora claws. There's so many weapons in KIU it's unfortunate we only got to see a few of them. I don't mind his arrows, they're okay but that's about it. I don't really play pit but I prefer his arrows to Dark Pit anyway. I don't really care about move mechanics and what not but still, I like Lancer Staff's suggestions too. They're pretty interesting!

It's pretty possible he won't return? At least I think so, even though I'd really like him to. I'm pretty sure Sakurai said this was going to be his last smash game so if there were to be another one Dark Pit wouldn't have anything to protect him from being cut other than the fact he's easy to add and helps flesh out the roster. The new director probably wouldn't have any bias towards him, and without a veteran status he could get cut cause reasons. I don't really know, I'm just going to enjoy him while he's still in the game, it helps me deal with no ice climbers :(

Yeah Lancer does have a point with the staff

I guess the arrows will stay bad but they didn't really affect me anyway soo.....

*And hopes that DP doesn't turn out like :wolf:*

Why was :wolf: even kicked out anyway?

"Yeah, we'll just get rid of the 1/4 clone of the star fox series and 3rd rep"

*hugs :4darkpit:*

;__________;

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Only clone who has ever made it to the following game is Falco and Ganondorf. Brawl cut clones like Pichu, Roy, Young Link, and Dr. Mario, while SSB4 cut Wolf and Lucas.

Clones historically don't have a high rate of returning, not counting DLC. Honestly it'd be hard for me to pay for Dark Pit the way he is now anyway. His specials are fine (though Guardian Orbitars should change) but if he were ever DLC he'd need a pretty decent overhaul. Unless Pit's moveset changes again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom