• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im suprised no ones posted about the fastest CG Yet

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
i dont think he is talking about that one. That is bthrow->fthrow rinse and repeat. What he is talking about is just bthrow->bthrow. I have recently started doing this. i have it down pretty well, im not the fastest with it but that along with b-throw-->d-throw are the two fastest i can do.

Miller

Smash Lord
its easy, im sure you can do it by yourself, but really, i dont have time to post any videos right now. Im preparing for an out of country tourney today with some of my crew members and the tourneys tomorrow so I can probably post it Monday or tuesday.

But its easy man, ill put it into steps
1) Backthrow with popo
2) Regrab with Nana
3) Back throw with Nana and make sure Popo only turns around
4) Regrab with Popo

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I never liked that chain that much... When you do that, you move backwards and the way the Ice Climbers are positioned during the series of throws make it hard to change chain grabs since the other Ice Climber is behind the Ice Climber holding the opponent...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I never liked that chain that much... When you do that, you move backwards and the way the Ice Climbers are positioned during the series of throws make it hard to change chain grabs since the other Ice Climber is behind the Ice Climber holding the opponent...
Oh, so that's the chain grab he's talking about? I used to do it for a while but forgot all about it since I wasn't that good at it, and the last time I did it against my friend's G&W, he was pressing buttons so fast to try to get out that he accidentally pulled his controller out of the wii.

Just so I can make sure I read that right, is it the one from 2:22-2:26 in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwa9lII2eNk

B0NK

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he means Bthrow, don't release the analog stick while re-grabbing, once the climber is slightly forward bthrow and repeat. Sorry if that's confusing but I'm sure his vid will make it easy to understand.

The only real difference from other throws is that you don't release the control stick after you re-grab so that one climber can move without the other one throwing the opponent. I don't main the climbers so I didn't look here to see if anyone already new. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in another vid somewhere though.

Rykard

Smash Ace
i use this all the time if its what i think it is. its the chaingrab i use on light characters like g&w , meta, and pika cause i find that the popo back throw to nana has the easiest timing to learn on them. you essentially just hit back and grab at the same time and it works all the time

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
He should hurry and post the video so you can all realize what he is talking about....

Miller

Smash Lord
Yup, Hylian got it right, I was actually just about to post a video but it seems I dont have too. But that the speed that Hylian was doing it, I can do it about twice as fast.

chewyy

Smash Ace
kinda off topic, but if you CG that fast do people think it's cheaper than the normal CG?
I mean, they can't move for a shorter time, but think if it was like if you grabbed them, they just melted in your hands and lost a stock. I'd be hearing massive johns...

Miller

Smash Lord
I can CG people at 0 percent and even with button mashing they cant even get out. Thats how broken I am. Also, you dont realize the **** i put up with because I play Iceys. Niko_K even tried to ban them.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I can CG people at 0 percent and even with button mashing they cant even get out. Thats how broken I am. Also, you dont realize the **** i put up with because I play Iceys. Niko_K even tried to ban them.
People just hate on IC users because they don't know how to avoid grabs is all. I feel your pain *is the only IC main in Houston, and the tournament host is EXTREMELY biased against Ice Climbers*.

Miller

Smash Lord
I know about Xyro and how he does ****, tbh, he does **** completely wrong. Make him give into the SBR Rule list, so It actually is SBR certified

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Unfortunately just about everyone in the houston thread backs him up for some odd reason. At least he allows 5 grabs now, and I can do quite a bit with those 5 grabs. All I need to do it learn the timing for the footstool grab combo and then I'll be infiniting people in Houston with it, which should be fun to do before it's banned too.

Edit: I think I remember who Niko_K is. If he's who I'm thinking of, he was arguing with me and Dark.Pch in a chat room at AllIsBrawl saying Ice Climber's chain grabs are cheap and unfair, and both me and Dark.Pch kept listing ways to avoid the chain grabs, but he wasn't listening and just wanted to flame IC users because he didn't like Ice Climbers or something.

123mop

Smash Rookie
People complaining about IC chaingrabs are fools. The grabs are probably just as hard to learn as it would be to get consistent with the instant grab break.

ADHD

Smash Hero
People complaining about IC chaingrabs are fools. The grabs are probably just as hard to learn as it would be to get consistent with the instant grab break.
In case you've never been chaingrabbed by ice climbers, it's the most annoying god **** thing on earth.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Haha agreed... I've mained ICs since Melee, and I never had any clue how bloody annoying it is to fight them. Now I'm trying out other characters.... and holy crap, I can't stand fighting them! Getting in their chaingrabs is the worst feeling ever!! :urg:

lol but they're so happy and cute... and also I suck with the Brawl CGs so I can't be bugging people that much.. yet.....

TKD

Smash Lord
Why would someone post about a backthrow chain when it's the hardest, and when anything that leads to the edge is much better against any opposing character with no teather recovery?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Moving to the edge is not always better. For example, the terrain might be misshapen in a way that a moving chaingrab might fail or have different timing. There might be hazards in the way. It might be doubles play. etc...

Also, being the fastest chain is an interesting property on its own; perhaps less chance for the opponent to break out of it. Also, up-smash finishers can be more reliable than Nana Fsmash, especially against tether recoveries like you mentioned. Also, it's just friggin cool. What's the problem? :-)

TKD

Smash Lord
I never said Fsmash since fthrow spiking is the best finisher. At least on neutrals, moving towards the edge and spiking (or fsmashing at very high %'s) is better than a whole bunch of other stuff that people come up with.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Errrr, yeah, I meant Nana Fair (spike). There are situations where other CG finishers are important. Of course the spike is the most common and deadly. But there's still use in finding out new things too.

Miller

Smash Lord
I dont see why people should be having problems of people breaking out of grabs. Everyone may have the CGs down, but all that means is that your just another round of the mill IC player. Im sure Hylian, like myself, can CG from 0 percent without someone breaking out.Speed grabbing is what everyone needs to work on

Top Bottom