• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm Starting Highschool Tommorow, And Am A Wreck

Grunt

Smash Master
Senior pranks aren't until the seniors leave that year.
plus freshman Friday doesn't exist.
or does it?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
This is what I think.

1st is like 2nd. 3rd / 4th. 7th's like 8th. Etcetera.

Yet 1st grade is a lot different than 8th or 9th.

Don't fret. Join/Start a game club. Play Smash, have rankings. Or that's what I'm doing now, at least.

But yup, no worries.

D

Deleted member

This thread inspired me to look at a photo album of my freshman year. I lol'd so hard when I saw that I had on purple high tops with knee high socks.

Waddledee0

Smash Rookie
Dude, take it from me. In 9th grade I was the smelly fat weirdo who gorged himself on 2 hamburgers & a large fry each lunch. Today I'm a Senior and I couldnt be happier with the friends I've made and the people I've met.
Sure things will be shaky @ first. But as you said, you're growing up. And these will be the best years of you're life.
If you want to make friends, join a sport or a club. Swimming is one of the most bonded together teams out there and not to mention it gets you in great shape. Just put yourself out there & let people notice you.

Mewter

Smash Master
Just stay calm and get stuff done.
Don't panic the first day either if you cannot find your way around school, and don't waste your time in between classes. :laugh:
Don't waste your time.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
don't waste your time in between classes.
If your school is multi-leveled, you can pratfall to the lower floor to get to a class quicker. Also, if someone tries to shove you into a locker just cause you're a freshman, tech it and counter it with your Fsmash (schoolbag to the face). And watch out for people who look like they're coming in for a hug, they may actually be trying to shield grab you... my advice? Spot-dodge and then use your Dtilt (textbook to the shins) to trip them up.

:034:

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
It's your main broham here--homes, high school is soooo easy. How so? You can sit on your @$$ for 2.5 years, wake up one day and decide you wanna start doing shi, and then go to the 35th best school in the nation--get @ me! :laugh:

High school is a breeze, so have some fun. :)

Yeah, I got mah broham and a Hi-5. :D

Anyways, yeah, just got back maybe an hour ago. There..... wasn't any eye-candy. My eye's starved.
Well, maybe four, but meh.....
Also, there were only four freakin people on my bus. One of which was this chick I knew from math class last year. When I went into the school, I felt like a freakin Chihuahua. No joke. I could feel my neck shaking while I looked around. I shook all day from nervousness. And also becuase it was brokenly cold in there. >__> I sat alone at lunch, since I tried to break the ice, but failed. It seems I was the only freshman in all of my classes. My French teacher talks with a stereotypical gay accent.
Etc, etc, rant rant rant.

The matchup was 60:40 with stress having an advantage over me.

A Nyasarc seems to be learning well from me. Although I'd prefer spotdodge to DSmash.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
To bad. They make em diffrent here in LA. I was LOADED with eyecandy. Two in particular. My day was awesome.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Aw, no eye candy? Well, how good was the stuff you got? For me, there's probably enough eye candy, but it kinda hurts that I actually like one of them.

Anyways, don't stress out. Just do your work and take good notes and you'll be fine. As for friends, well, that happens naturally. Even if it feels like no one likes you, eventually you start to learn about your peers and perhaps form a small group with them.

If you get cornered by any seniors(which I doubt, since the most they do are crack some funny jokes), just jab lock them and take them out with an up smash. ;)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got mah broham and a Hi-5. :D

Anyways, yeah, just got back maybe an hour ago. There..... wasn't any eye-candy. My eye's starved.
Well, maybe four, but meh.....
Also, there were only four freakin people on my bus. One of which was this chick I knew from math class last year. When I went into the school, I felt like a freakin Chihuahua. No joke. I could feel my neck shaking while I looked around. I shook all day from nervousness. And also becuase it was brokenly cold in there. >__> I sat alone at lunch, since I tried to break the ice, but failed. It seems I was the only freshman in all of my classes. My French teacher talks with a stereotypical gay accent.
Etc, etc, rant rant rant.

The matchup was 60:40 with stress having an advantage over me.

A Nyasarc seems to be learning well from me. Although I'd prefer spotdodge to DSmash.
At least you have eyecandy. all the good ones in my highschool are in different sections

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well at least it wasn't bad. I barely remember high school, but my experience was VASTLY different since I went to a private school that started at 8th grade. The school was also made up of the private middle schools so we knew everyone in every class. My school was much harder than the public schools around here, so I was vastly over-prepared for college. Now, I am starting to apply for graduate school...

In short, take it slow.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Guys, don't go looking for eye candy. That's not a great way to view women. It's going to screw up any relationships you have with a girl--romantic or otherwise. Those girls have either brothers or fathers, keep that in mind. Don't think something they'd beat you up for. When you're staring at a girl, just think how you'd feel if someone was staring at your daughter like that. Sometimes I see people staring at the girls from my church when I'm traveling with them on the train. If I wasn't a Christian I'd take out any guy who tried to make a move on them. They're my sisters in Christ and I don't want some creep staring at them. I try to get in the way of their vision as much as possible.

Remember that there is something wrong with viewing women as 'eye candy'. There are relatives of theirs who feel just the same way I do. This is why girls lose self-confidence and don't believe they're worth anything beyond their bodies--it's because us men tell them so by the way we treat them--myself included. Before I became a Christian I was no different than you guys now. But listen to what I say: You will capture a girl's heart and keep it forever if you treat her with respect and show her that's she's worth so much more than her body. I am literally pleading with you not to take that mindset. So many women feel like they have to dress in low-cut shirts or paint their faces just to be accepted, it's horrible.

Believe me, I know a lot of women who feel this way, and I notice the pattern. About college age they forget the fact that it hurts and just accept it as their role in life. It's terrible. So, please, treat these girls not as images to look at, but as people. Because it doesn't just hurt you, it hurts them, and a lot of their future relationships, too because they have all this stuck in their head. The girl I'm pursuing at the moment feels like she can't go out without make-up on. I honestly wish she just knew how beautiful without it. Her inner beauty is of so much more worth in God's sight as well as mine. Girls need to be reminded of that, and if you're telling them with your eyes that you only care about low-cut shirts, then you're contributing to the low self-esteem of women in your generation. Seriously, reconsider what you're doing, because I hate seeing these girls stooping to the levels they do just to feel beautiful.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Lol.

I don't really think anyone here understands women, besides how to maintain a relationship and get laid by some random girl.

If you want to enjoy high school, just try and be friends with everybody you meet. It is really, really easy. Just be comfortable in your own skin, because if you don't like yourself (and everyone should like themselves), then other people can tell that and won't like you either.

Friends are awesome though... that's what high school is more about than anything else I think.. high school doesn't even help you become a really intelligent person, that's what college is for.

Arora

Smash Apprentice
i actualy like highschool better than middle school
but dont worry itll be okay as long as ur not a doeche or a ***ggot
and some kids thought there was a swimming pool on the roof and were looking for it all day

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Dude, just joking. :laugh:

But really, I don't view people that way. That's the truth. I dislike most of them because they are usually complete jerks, but I'd be lieing to myself if I said I didn't sneak a look everynow and then.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I was talking about a way to brighten up starturds' first day of school, not how to view women in general.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Sorry, proverbs, some people just arn't as religous as you are. Take me, for example: i'm a carnal. But I still went to private elementary school.

But yeah, I stopped the eyecandy looking when I found one girl that I actually liked.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
d00d, i was in the exact situation when i first started high school. i was going to school for the first time in my life at a public school and in a brand new school district that i practically knew no one. I was just as nervous as you were, probably more. But then, eventually i found a group of friends to hang with and ate lunch with them. An old saying goes "treat everyone like how you would like to be treated," just do that and youll meet a ton of people that you become friends with.

As scary as freshmen year was, i can say for right now, its my favorite year of high school. Cause everything was new. Thats also when i met my main group of friends and met the girl i like.

Enjoy your life as a freshmen, cause really, you have nothing to worry about.

Zyph73

Smash Rookie
Find a way to relax! High school wasn't so bad as it was annoying and tedious to me. It was basically middle school with more busy work. Just relax and try to have fun somewhere (Even though I hated it cause it always felt so pointless and devoid of any real learning.). Most things run first and foremost on mentality, so just relax and tell yourself it will be fine, things will go better once you start believing that. Also, seems you decided to go a bit heavy first year, not at all necessary, as colleges tend to not always look at your Freshman year. Perhaps one thing for you to think about is a Junior College, as they generally are more of them, they're cheaper, and you wouldn't be rushed out the door. If you really have trouble even thinking of leaving the nest that could be an option for you, as the first 2 years of college are mostly general ed anyway. Anyway, best of luck to you, and again, relax!

Top Bottom