• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm Starting Highschool Tommorow, And Am A Wreck

Link to original post: [drupal=2337]I'm Starting Highschool Tommorow, And Am A Wreck[/drupal]

So, tommorow I start my first day of highschool. I'm a wreck. I'm gonna have to wake up at five, be at the bus stop by six, and class starts at seven. I'm not going to know anybody there. The bus rides are an hour long. And my emotions(yes, even ROBs have emotions) are piling up inside and suffocating me. I'm first and foremost nervous. I'm also sad because this is the first step to me growing up and leaving my parents, as I'm VERY attached to them. I'm also going to be confused and fearing for my life, hoping I don't get lost and get senior pranked. And, I'm gonna be helluva busy. Hour long bus rides, AP classes homework, mandatory volunteering, extracurriculars, etc. I'm afraid I won't have as much time to come visit my friwnds here on SWF, or Bwlra, or hang out with my RL friends.

I've been told many times it's okay, and everythings gonna be fine, and I've tried convincing myself of it, but I just can't seem to calm down.

tl;dr I'm a huge wuss and am going to HS tommorow.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
High School, like Stingers said, is pretty much the same. You just have different schedules, teachers, and friends.

You'll do fine, as long as you're responsible.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Because the American schooling system confuses me, what age are you when you start High School? Is it when you're twelve like in the UK, or is it later?

Anyway, good luck, and I'm sure everything'll be fine.

highfive

Smash Lord
AH! I remember my first time at high school! Don't fret! The years pass by like nothing. I'm already in my 3rd. Simply remember your locker (assuming you get one) combination and you'll be okay. That and always have your assignment. Another thing, stick close to others since it inspires confidence but don't be scared to stand out.

sammy p

Smash Lord
its fine!!! lol
high school is fun!!!! but the years DO fly!!
stay a freshman man, stay a freshman......
have fun!! and stressing is a BAD thing obviously!!!!! take deep breaths or something!! cause if your stressed, it shows, physically and mentally!
just.... try your best to have the best of times!! thats really all i can say

urdailywater

Smash Hero
ooh ap classes.

it won't be so bad after your first few months. in 10th grade i was pretty much getting everything down in school. even before then actually :laugh:

it'll be cool though. Be prepared for Junior year though. That's the hardest year course wise from my experience.

Sophomore year should be a breeze possibly. Depends upon each person I guess. I was sort of lazy freshman and sophmore year, so most work I had never really got done :laugh:

have fun though. hang out with friends. go to parties. all that stuff high schools you should look forward too.

also usually freshman teachers are nice, so that's a good thing

Because the American schooling system confuses me, what age are you when you start High School? Is it when you're twelve like in the UK, or is it later?

to answer this it's usually14/15 or something like that.

finalark

SNORLAX

American High School starts at the age of fourteen, in ninth grade. American High School lasts for four years, grades 9-12. Most students graduate at the age of eighteen.

Anyway, High School isn't anything scary or new or shiny. Just do the work, make intelligent friends and you'll be fine.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
High School is more stressful and more difficult than Middle School, that's for sure. But Freshman year is really not that big of a deal. I mean, Junior year is more stressful, you have to start planning for college and whatnot, that's when the AP classes really start (if you decide to take them), but overall you don't need to worry that much about just Freshman year. My workload didn't even really pick up at all until Sophomore year. Of course, that's different for everyone, but try not to get too worried over it at least until you know exactly how things are going to work out. And even if you don't know anyone, don't worry too much. In my Freshman year of High School, I made about 3 or 4 friends, and for the first quarter or so I didn't have anyone in my lunch. And my social skills are almost definitely worse than yours. (Seriously, I am one of the most awkward people ever.)

And Jimnymebob, you generally start High School at 13/14 in the US.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Biggest piece of advice: DO NOT be nervous. It makes you all sweaty and jumpy and awkward. Be as chill as you can. And dont worry about not knowing anyone, you'll make friends. Just say hi to the people you sit by in each class and whoever has a locker next to you. You also have to know that most other people are just as nervous as you so if you say hi you "break the ice"

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I knew this would be TRDS. Er, Lasrs.

Dude I started last week, it's like the same, except with hotter girls and new teachers.
This man got it right.

High school is the same as middle school except you carry your backpack around and the girls have more estrogen. Also, as a side note, if y'all ever got that problem when you see the new girls when you're in the hallways, give me a PM, I got some help for ya.

*waits about 2 days*

mzink*

Smash Ace
It'll be alright man, just go with it and you'll get the feel of things pretty quick. Don't worry you still got plenty of time bein close with your family, you aren't going to be pulled away from them all at once, by the time you actually have to leave them, you'll be a lot more ready for it.

If you get lost, don't sweat it, it happens. Pretty soon you'll be goin through the motions of high school in a breeze. SWF will still be here anytime you need us, we ain't goin anywhere.

Be confident in yourself, you can do this, no bigge.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Same with me, but i'm starting middle school. Except i'm not nervous. I"m actually bumbed by what solid said. I have to wait two years for the good ones :(

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yeah, but who likes those?

Just do your work and you'll be good, TRDS.
woah,

who doesn't like those?

can someone tell me why you have to do community service? =/ is it part of AP or something? I know AP kids who've never had to do it actually. Is it a county thing or state thing?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why are all of you lying to him? High school is an awful, awful place where serial killers and rapists are sent. Don't go! Run to Mexico.

Wait, prison... I was thinking of prison.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Why are all of you lying to him? High school is an awful, awful place where serial killers and rapists are sent. Don't go! Run to Mexico.

Wait, prison... I was thinking of prison.
Well when you life about 10 minutes from Newark New Jersey it is.

Anyways high school is not that bad, AP classes are not that hard, considering I am taking one this year, I consider myself beyond brain dead. Try to relax, high school is a rather boring time anyway. For the two years that I have been there I sleep though all my classes, and play the Marvel vs Capcom 1, Super Smash 64 and sometimes golden eye, and I still maintain about a 3.7 GPA, with non honors classes that is.

Thanks for all the advice and support, guys. I really appreciate it.

Special thanks for support go out ot CK. :p

@SOLID: I'm in for some eye candeh, then?

@Jumpman: Yeah, you got my back. :>

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The eye candy is amazing in high school. What's even better is you can look all you want. In high school, no one's like "omg, do you like like her? or do u just like her as a friend? im gun tell her! olololol" Everyones like "Dude, I know." in high school.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Okay, seriously, stop making me jelouys guys >.> middle scholl has no eye candy :( in a way, it's worse. Wait a sec, I live in LA! The girls in my middle scholl are eye candy!!!

urdailywater

Smash Hero
No breasts or curves in middle school = no eye candy. Sorry Mr.-O
Maybe girls mutate quickly in LA.

You're right though.

that's one of the best things about high school really.

like, seriously.

and the whole thing about being able to drive and stuff. Well in junior year at least.

Something to definitely look forward to then. Driving definitely takes off stress.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Maybe girls mutate quickly in LA.

You're right though.

that's one of the best things about high school really.

like, seriously.

and the whole thing about being able to drive and stuff. Well in junior year at least.

Something to definitely look forward to then. Driving definitely takes off stress.
XD In LA the woman huit puberty at 7.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's explains why I'm so stressed out then. I need to drive and I'm turning 17 soon. -_- I gotta bug my dad more to teach me.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Wait a sec, should I be worried that i'm only 12 and am worrying about eye-candy? Maybve that's why my friends call me a man-*****.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Wait a sec, should I be worried that i'm only 12 and am worrying about eye-candy? Maybve that's why my friends call me a man-*****.
you don't have to worry about it.

you just have to look at it. is all.

but seriously, nothing wrong with it i guess. some people mutate faster than others.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So I guess it's not weird that I have fins? That's a load off my chest.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Dude, just relax. I started high school last year and it's awesome. Even though it's already been said, don't worry about older kids and what not. The thing you should worry about is junior year. That year is hell according to people.

But look on the bright side, they'll be hot girls & you can drive when you're in high school.

Top Bottom