• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm not racist. I stereotype - it's faster."

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is this thread back?

For anyone who still cares about the OP (no one, I take it), something can be both racist and a stereotype. We call them "racist stereotypes." The term "racist" does not refer to the level of offensiveness. It refers to a type of classification.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
If I tell you right now that you are stupid, you will disagree with me and not be receptive to my comment, regardless of whether or not you are actually stupid. Calling people stupid does not help things.
i can understand this. thank u for being logical.

Why is this thread back?

For anyone who still cares about the OP (no one, I take it), something can be both racist and a stereotype. We call them "racist stereotypes." The term "racist" does not refer to the level of offensiveness. It refers to a type of classification.
because racism/stereotypes will be around forever. lol.

what is this place coming to
this place = the thread, yes?

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
I agree with the OP. I've always argued this point to alot of people for years to no avail. People say "everyone is a little racist" all the time. When they really mean "everyone makes generalizations". Racism implies a feeling of superiority. Everyone is not racist.

And honestly, there is nothing wrong with making generalizations, as long as you don't act on them. But then again, that's tricky territory

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I agree with the OP. I've always argued this point to alot of people for years to no avail. People say "everyone is a little racist" all the time. When they really mean "everyone makes generalizations". Racism implies a feeling of superiority. Everyone is not racist.

And honestly, there is nothing wrong with making generalizations, as long as you don't act on them. But then again, that's tricky territory
im going to be honest: while making generalizations/stereotyping is not the same as racism, i am racist sometimes.

I was referring to User Blogs.
im pretty sure i <3 u solid no homo

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Stereotypes is a phony thing. It's not worth arguing about it.
Racism is real. But Racism is getting less common for me. We're all equal anyway.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well then it's ridiculous. People always find some silly things people most commonly do.
Like Ray william johnson from Your Favorite Martian. They made "the stereotype song"

and that's where i got the korean ***** part.

If i say black people are into making chicken, would that be more stereotype or more racist?

§witch

Smash Lord
Well then it's ridiculous. People always find some silly things people most commonly do.
Like Ray william johnson from Your Favorite Martian. They made "the stereotype song"

and that's where i got the korean ***** part.

If i say black people are into making chicken, would that be more stereotype or more racist?
It's a racial stereotype. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It shouldnt be locked. like every other thread on this site that is still alive, it has a purpose.

I can hardly agree with that. :glare:
Btw, That's Voldemort. Saying "Nyeh" everytime bad stuff happens to him. A meme will be born.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
This thread's purpose is clearly making me want to bang my head repeatedly on very hard objects.
is it the thread or what ppl r posting in the thread? Y DONT U JUST <3 ME!? :urg:

I can hardly agree with that. :glare:
Btw, That's Voldemort. Saying "Nyeh" everytime bad stuff happens to him. A meme will be born.
if at least 1 person learns that stereotyping and being racist is not the same thing, this thread has proved it's purpose. maybe u will be the 1 to make that meme popular. DREAM BIG, TG.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
why would anyone think they're the same thing? Just because they both stem from ignorance does not mean they're the same thing. People are ignorant on all sorts of levels, they're not all automatically racists. That would be stereotyping, ironically.

And in case no one cleared this up for you...

If people say the "N" word ending with an A, it's a term of endearment.

Saying it ending ER, that's a derogatory term.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
why would anyone think they're the same thing? Just because they both stem from ignorance does not mean they're the same thing. People are ignorant on all sorts of levels, they're not all automatically racists. That would be stereotyping, ironically.

And in case no one cleared this up for you...

If people say the "N" word ending with an A, it's a term of endearment.

Saying it ending ER, that's a derogatory term.
ppl r stupid.

It's all the stupid images and random **** that's being posted. Like honestly this is not what the User Blogs were two weeks ago.
ive posted multiple blogs. 2 about my shooting, 1 about this stereotyping, and another continuing blog about random things - from black holes and perpetual motion to movie reviews. nobody cares about these blogs. this is my first ever blog that has had some attention.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm black, and I do love watermelon, chicken, and grape drink. That said, one should avoid drawing attention to negative stereotypes, because they are insulting to some, and generalky not worth mentioning.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom