• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm not racist. I stereotype - it's faster."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
another thing: idk y the n-word is actually a "racist" or "bad" word either. in Latin, "niger" means "black." it has no negative connotation, or at least it used to have none.
Well in context of how the word was used back in the years during slavery, I can see why they would be ''offended'' by it.

The way they use the N word now, is primarily hypocrasy, and convolutes the overall defense they have to even try to win an argument that it's racist.

Calling us cracker is perfectly fine, but us white folks calling them the N word is racist, even though they call each other the N word alot. This makes no sense.

As I said before, regardless. The N word is a ****ing word, and is no different than any other word. I don't know why people grew up to have their minds turn certain words into mental bombs that hurt them, when the voice is immaterial. Seriously, the human mind is a powerful organ, we have the power to handle alot of things that are mental. It seems like people do everything for nothing, and nothing for everything.

This is my point. Racism is overly exaggerated and it gets on my nerves. Words are immaterial. People need to learn how to S.T.F.U. :awesome:

Inb4Frotaz

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
@AV: I'm not gonna dig for your posts. But you've directly insulted people for their 'false opinions', which is wrong bro. Also, an example would be that you state as fact that one's opinion is false/wrong/etc then mention opinions being entitled to oneself when argued that your opinion is wrong.

@Solid: You hurt my feelings bro, why so preaching :(.

@CA5H: I'm not gonna argue with you if you really don't want to understand it. But I'll give you an example.

You and your 5 other friends do mom jokes (although they aren't even funny to begin with). While having fun dissing each other with each other's moms, a guy walks in. A guy that wants to be friend with you, but you guys do not know him
(parallel for the *******: white guy forcefully trying to fit within a group of black people)
. And then, he proceeds to call you a son of a *****, that he ****ed your mom and is your father
(here, you can compare it to a white guy calling a bunch of black guys ******S, thinking it's fine to do so.)

I use the N-word to joke around with black friends that are relatively well acquainted to me. They use chink, chingchong, whatever you want also, but only if our relationship seems to deem it right. A lot of people have bad temper when it comes to racial thing, a lot of people take offense to it really quickly. I'd go as far as to say that a lot of people coming from various countries take offense too easily and are basically always on the defensive. That is no doubt hypocrisy, yes, but you'll have to deal with it. I'm talking about all of us, white people included. You should not be victim of racism just because you were the alleged Masters of the world in the history of mankind. You have the right to take offense in being called crackers also, because it is wrong.

But still, insisting on using the N-word is like being that dumb kid trying to forcefully join the group. It's something that you should not do. Sure, you can start hanging out with them and all but forcefully trying to fit in a group is the equivalent of being a headlice; unwelcomed and irritating. You should fight to ban the use of racist words towards white people, not fighting to be allowed to use them on other people.

During my previous college semester, I had done something pretty dumb. Back then, I was hanging out with two black guys all the time. I was wearing a cap because my haircut had been a flop thanks to my expensive barber, and wore it back to front because it was too big for my head (my friend had given it to me as a gift.) I'm an avid listener of underground rap and one day, one of them made me listen to this really talented underground rapper. I really liked the song and was really into the beat and at some point, he spit a sick line. I then automatically shouted 'Myyy *****. This ****'s SICK!". There were A LOT of black people around me and they all glared at me. And I actually understand them. Yes, I can use the N-word with those two. But that doesn't change the fact that I am not part of the black community's camaraderie.

Also, here. I'll quote Pakman from El Nino's thread again:
I disagree with this. Racism is more than just consciously choosing to treat someone differently based on their race. Modern racism is more subtle. It is dangerous because it gets embedded into the way people live.
Goodnight people.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
DARK WING DUCK RETURNS

Glad to see everyone is a little more civil than last time. ^^;
Though not much <.<
Ok I'm not going to quote because most of it that I'll be replying to is on this page anyway and I'm lazy.

You all are correct that literally, ****** is not an offensive word but mearly an adjective to describe an african american or african that is black in color. BUT the word has historical context.

For example. NOOB is simply an adjective or noun that describes a new user that is usually not knowledgeable about his surroundings or in this case, swf. And yet it is a derogatory word, due to it being consistently used as such for a longish period of time. Because of the historical context. Noobs that are called noobs are USUALLY [written that way specifically for certain people. You KNOW who you are] looked at with disdain and comtempt when they are called such by the person who calls them a noob. People who are ignorant acting or new users who are disliked are called noobs as an insult.

It only is offensive when older users call newer users noobs. A new user calling a new user a noob is simply laughed at, because it's rediculous.

Similarly with colored people. When they call each other ******s it's funny/********/rediculous/ironic. Where as if a non-colored person uses the word due to it's historical context as a derogatory word, is just as bad as it was 200 years ago.

Oh and black commraderie is rascist too. To not be rascist is too look not on how a person looks, but on how a person acts, and to hate all people's stupidity and ignorance equally. And that applies to people from the palest of pale to the darkest of dark and everything in between. There are no races, just different cultures.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
so y is it only within the black community that it is a term of camaraderie?
Because the term 'n*gger' was used by whites to discriminate against blacks during the times of slavery and after. If you were black would you want white people calling you that? Yeah, it's taken on different meanings now, but it goes back to the origin.

@Solid: You hurt my feelings bro, why so preaching :(.
Just kidding mang <3

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
@AV: I'm not gonna dig for your posts. But you've directly insulted people for their 'false opinions', which is wrong bro. Also, an example would be that you state as fact that one's opinion is false/wrong/etc then mention opinions being entitled to oneself when argued that your opinion is wrong.
I disagree. We all have opinions, and I've dealt with many people who have called me ignorant, said things towards my actions, and my idea. Never were they directed towards me So, I called him ignorant. Based off my opinion compared to his, I fullheartedly disagreed, and I showed my assertion. Chill out. Plus, you misunderstood my overall point I was getting across, and the wholesome value of that argument between Frotaz, and I. So you have no say.

Sorry, bro.

You and your 5 other friends do mom jokes (although they aren't even funny to begin with). While having fun dissing each other with each other's moms, a guy walks in. A guy that wants to be friend with you, but you guys do not know him
(parallel for the *******: white guy forcefully trying to fit within a group of black people)
. And then, he proceeds to call you a son of a *****, that he ****ed your mom and is your father
(here, you can compare it to a white guy calling a bunch of black guys ******S, thinking it's fine to do so.)
Are you serious? The entire scheme of that word being offensive is preposterous. /EndofDiscussionPeopleAreWeak

I use the N-word to joke around with black friends that are relatively well acquainted to me. They use chink, chingchong, whatever you want also, but only if our relationship seems to deem it right. A lot of people have bad temper when it comes to racial thing, a lot of people take offense to it really quickly. I'd go as far as to say that a lot of people coming from various countries take offense too easily and are basically always on the defensive. That is no doubt hypocrisy, yes, but you'll have to deal with it. I'm talking about all of us, white people included. You should not be victim of racism just because you were the alleged Masters of the world in the history of mankind. You have the right to take offense in being called crackers also, because it is wrong.
This is a very poor attempt to deem anything about the said word. It's just a ****ing word, get real bruh! This world has all kinds of hardships. We get sick and throw up from food poisoning, nature ****s up our lives up from time to time, we get attacked by **** and diseases, we have SO much more **** that goes on to complain about than a ****ing word, or racism, or conspiracy theories, or religion, or ANYTHING that doesn't relate to us as a WHOLE.

We wouldn't be having racism, and all this **** that is advocated by us, if we were to ****ing worry about ourselves, those around us, and the word AS A WHOLE. I am tired of people nitpicking problems of this world, and most of the time it's exaggerated bullocks. Seriously, I am sorry that people have to be crybabies over these scary phantom words. Ok? I am stating the ****ing truth. Our world is falling apart because of this complaining bull****, and trying to better only one aspect of the entire picture. I dare anyone to say anything about this with their strawman acts. TOO BAD I state the raw truth. Get real! I am getting fed up with this. This is serious business!

But still, insisting on using the N-word is like being that dumb kid trying to forcefully join the group. It's something that you should not do. Sure, you can start hanging out with them and all but forcefully trying to fit in a group is the equivalent of being a headlice; unwelcomed and irritating. You should fight to ban the use of racist words towards white people, not fighting to be allowed to use them on other people.
They are NOT even racist in the FIRST place. Anyone who will ever use that word in racist context is a monster who will never see this colourful world for what it is! They are sickos who are stuck in their perfect world. Stop comparing us to those madmen! I used to hang out with black individuals, they are cool, and I respect them just as equal as white friends. They are no different, and I actually know black philosophers. They can achieve everything we can. The skin is just a darker hue, and the words are just words. GET OVER IT.

During my previous college semester, I had done something pretty dumb. Back then, I was hanging out with two black guys all the time. I was wearing a cap because my haircut had been a flop thanks to my expensive barber, and wore it back to front because it was too big for my head (my friend had given it to me as a gift.) I'm an avid listener of underground rap and one day, one of them made me listen to this really talented underground rapper. I really liked the song and was really into the beat and at some point, he spit a sick line. I then automatically shouted 'Myyy *****. This ****'s SICK!". There were A LOT of black people around me and they all glared at me. And I actually understand them. Yes, I can use the N-word with those two. But that doesn't change the fact that I am not part of the black community's camaraderie.
The reason why we have people who look at you funny is because people like you, Frotaz, and everyone else are exercising racism for all of the WRONG reasons. Stop throwing it around everywhere. Those are just words, and the real racism lies in the PEOPLE. NOT THE WORDS. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

I have had enough with this childish game with what is, and what isn't. It's starting to get on my bad side.

:glare:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Alien Vision...

chill.

YES the people are evil.
YES People should'nt get so offended all the time over things when there are more important things to worry about. Does that change that if you call someone something that you know or should know will be offenseive to them, that you're an still an ***?
NO

Cash and the person or persons that want to use the words, due to their hystorical context, that are offensive to others, are like the girls who dress with the turtle skirts, white super tight belly shirts with no bra and insist that they aren't a ****. "Just because I like ****ty clothes doesn't make me a ****." Is the logic I'm seeing here.

And will someone read my post on the last page? I spent at least 5 minutes on that. <.<;

Not to mention I said things similar to Ryureiatsu, except better. :awesome:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Alien Vision...

chill.

YES the people are evil.
YES People should'nt get so offended all the time over things when there are more important things to worry about. Does that change that if you call someone something that you know or should know will be offenseive to them, that you're an still an ***?
NO

Cash and the person or person that want to use the words, due to their hystorical context, that are offensive to others, are like the girls who dress with the turtle skirts, white super tight belly shirts with no bra and insist that they aren't a ****. "Just because I like ****ty clothes doesn't make me a ****." Is the logic I'm seeing here.

And will someone read my post on the last page? I spent at least 5 minutes on that. <.<;

Not to mention I said things similar to Ryureiatsu, except better. :awesome:
I respect your mature response, so I read both posts of yours. Now let me state my opinions that should've encouraged you to say ''Inb4AlienVision''.

You are not getting my point. Even though the N word was an historical insult, all of that BS back then is long dead. There are minuscule relations to genuine racism today. Everything else is just premature cries load of **** that are exaggerated out of their *******s. Whats even funnier, is that even though the N word was used as it was back then, the black people can still use it as if it's a family word? Guys, let me ask you a honest question.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU GUYS SMOKIN

This is just as convoluted as religion, and morality. Get your heads out of your *** and face the truth. This is nothing but endless hogwash, and rhetorical poppycock. None of your examples work because it's the dead fact of two points that **** them hardcore to oblivion.

1. The N word is only racist when white man use it because it was used during the days of slavery, even though black people happily use it everyday on each other? When it comes from their past? When their ancestors were brutally tortured? Ok then. :awesome:

2. It's a just a word, like any other word that comes out of someone's mouth. Right? I mean, our ****s must be racist too, because I only see white cyum yo. I told you home boy. Again, and again. Racism is in the person, not the ****ING words they spout out. If you want to complain about racism, LOOK AT THE PERSON. NOT THE WORDS.

/endofdiscussion

Inb4morerhetorandstupidattemptstocrushtheinevitable

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I respect your mature response, so I read both posts of yours. Now let me state my opinions that should've encouraged you to say ''Inb4AlienVision''.

Did you forget the banned thread already? I'm a noncoformist :troll:

You are not getting my point. Even though the N word was an historical insult, all of that BS back then is long dead. There are minuscule relations to genuine racism today. Everything else is just premature cries load of **** that are exaggerated out of their *******s. Whats even funnier, is that even though the N word was used as it was back then, the black people can still use it as if it's a family word? Guys, let me ask you a honest question.

You are not getting my point. The N word is still an insult. it's not a hystorical insult. That would mean it is not insulting,which it is. It IS insulting. It was used, and is used today as a derogatory word; it has hystorical context.

You can not say that there are only miniscule relations to genuine rascism today. Because you can not state that with any facts to back it up so therefore, it is simply your opinion. And it is blantently not true. And I don't have to prove that it is blatently untrue because the burden of proof is on you because you made the initial statement.

The only thing that's went away is the slavery and even that still somewhat persists. Look it up on the web or your local paper or the bullitens or the police stations or talk to a corrections officer. Your mind is still closed to the world around you.

I'm not going to touch " Everything else is just premature cries load of **** that are exaggerated out of their *******s." because that is a hyperbole and an ignorant pointless one at that. Look up the deffinition of straw man and hyperbole arguements so that you refrain from using them in the future. Spare me and many others the irritation.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU GUYS SMOKIN

This is just as convoluted as religion, and morality. Get your heads out of your *** and face the truth. This is nothing but endless hogwash, and rhetorical poppycock. None of your examples work because it's the dead fact of two points that **** them hardcore to oblivion.

The better question is,
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SMOKIN
because this paragraph above, makes no sense; it's pig latin to me. Either retype it in a less whine***y unconvoluted way, or take it back. It doesn't belong in an as you call it, a serious and mature debate. :awesome:

1. The N word is only racist when white man use it because it was used during the days of slavery, even though black people happily use it everyday on each other? When it comes from their past? When their ancestors were brutally tortured? Ok then. :awesome:

See prior post about noobs and hystorical context.

2. It's a just a word, like any other word that comes out of someone's mouth. Right? I mean, our ****s must be racist too, because I only see white *** yo. I told you home boy. Again, and again. Racism is in the person, not the ****ING words they spout out. If you want to complain about racism, LOOK AT THE PERSON. NOT THE WORDS.

See prior post about noobs and hystorical context.

/endofdiscussion :awesome:

Inb4morerhetorandstupidattemptstocrushtheinevitable
Oh yay here we go again return of the space nut god complex :troll:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I'm perfectly relaxed. ^^;
"Nothing more fun than taunting an idiot."

And I can say that because words are "meaningless" according to Alien Vision. He's said it so many times I don't have to quote it to prove that he did do I? <.<;

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
i think everybody just needs to relax, seriously. me included. this is supposed to be a friendly debate and/or discussion.
I'm irritated, but mostly relaxed. Don't worry about me.

@ Sonic, you fail at debating if you fail to understand that words are immaterial.. That people choose to be offended by them, because people like you like to exercise how racism in this (BS) extent, still exists. (Which it blatAntly doesn't.) It's just a ****ing word.

You also try to turn everything towards me in our arguments, which is not getting your point across in any way, shape or form, and you are simply wasting both of our time. I already stated the hard truth. Get over it. That is indeed fact. It's common sense that words are just words, and taking away somebody's privileges and freedom based off their skin colour is racism. GTFO if you cannot debate seriously, and or handle my assertive nature.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Okay I am done. I'm sick and tired of your stupidity. AV, you're an idiot. I must not have properly worded my post due to the fact that I have a headache, am tired and all of this. It took me several minutes to fix and word my thoughts properly on that post because I just don't feel well.

You're a moron and you need to understand a few basics in life. Such as words have an impact, regardless of what you believe. Like just now, I have offended you by calling you a stupid ignorant moron with a God Complex. It will offend you but you'll claim that you are not offended and that you are superior and invincible. But in the end, it won't bother me because I know I've offended you.

I wanted to help you, seriously. But in the end, you don't need help, you simply need to learn how to live with others, you E-thug.

EDIT: Let me correct that. You need to learn some manners.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Okay I am done. I'm sick and tired of your stupidity. AV, you're an idiot. I must not have properly worded my post due to the fact that I have a headache, am tired and all of this. It took me several minutes to fix and word my thoughts properly on that post because I just don't feel well.

You're a moron and you need to understand a few basics in life. Such as words have an impact, regardless of what you believe. Like just now, I have offended you by calling you a stupid ignorant moron with a God Complex. It will offend you but you'll claim that you are not offended and that you are superior and invincible. But in the end, it won't bother me because I know I've offended you.

I wanted to help you, seriously. But in the end, you don't need help, you simply need to learn how to live with others, you E-thug.

Wow, whoa man. Calm down. I do not have a God Complex, I am holding my opinions at a heavy level. I'm sorry that you guys can't stop fighting back with endless rhetor, weak examples, and or arguments. I stated it. Get real. I'm just fed up with this. Husbands argue with their wives even though they are holding a family together. Friends argue over a girl. I am fighting over this opinion, and these boundless reasons why you cry racist. GTFO if you can't insult me properly. :awesome:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion

be nice D: to me at least lol

Sometimes when I sleep, I have nightmares that I exist in a world where every white person is like Alien Vision.
kinda harsh..

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sometimes when I sleep, I have nightmares that I exist in a world where every white person is like Alien Vision.
Ahahahaha. Wow, man. Thankyou for the compliment. You never stated if I was a good white man, or a stupid one.

10fails

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Alien vision, even though you're an immature moron who believes that swearing and using all caps and stating that what you say as the truth makes it the truth, or common sense or whatever the hell that you want it to be, and don't deserve to be dealt with seriously due to this fact among other things, I will deal with you seriously for this one post and maybe the next one if I have to do what I say I will do if necessary below.

You fail at debating I don't know how you even got into the debate hall [if what you claim about getting a plus 1 there or whatever the hell it was is true.] Your arguements are nothing but rage, and logical fallicies! and I WILL QUOTE THEM ALL IF I HAVE TO. And there are ALOT of them.

I turn everything against you in arguements because it IS SO EASY TO DO. And just because it's turned around doesn't mean it's not valid. I made valid points which, since you can not counter them, you are attacking me directly. You are attacking my character and my methods of debate even though you can not counter my reason or the points that I have made.

And I believe the way I give my points get the point accrossed just fine. And I ask everyone in the thread for a general consenssus on this.

AT EVERYONE: Whether or not you found the way I posted offensive at times or not, did I get my points accrossed well enough for you to understand and to counter his points?

Stop wasting everyone's ****ing time spewing your nonsense about what you say being "common sense" and "simple truth". It makes you sound like a moron with a god complex. Certainly a moron anyway. Which is why I called you one earlier.

Taking away someone's privelages and freedom based off their skin color is raceism. Yes I agree to this and never have anywhere not agreed to this.

GTFO because I'm more experienced then you, I use logic better than you, and am respectful to fellow posters whether or not I agree with their posts as long as they're at least somewhat level headed, Unlike you. And if you say that you are level headed, you will "lose all credibility here." And stop saying you have an assertive nature, because you don't. You simply rage and call people names or call what people do/say/type names and treat your opinions as fact with no evidence, especially when you can't counter their points.

Don't say I don't understand you either because that is just another excuse that you use when you can't counter my or someone else's points.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Alien vision, even though you're an immature moron who believes that swearing and using all caps and stating that what you say as the truth makes it the truth, or common sense or whatever the hell that you want it to be, and don't deserve to be dealt with seriously due to this fact among other things, I will deal with you seriously for this one post and maybe the next one if I have to do what I say I will do if necessary below.

You fail at debating I don't know how you even got into the debate hall. You're arguements are nothing but rage, and logical fallicies! and I WILL QUOTE THEM ALL IF I HAVE TO. And there are ALOT of them.

I turn everything against you in arguements because it IS SO EASY TO DO. And just because it's turned around doesn't mean it's not valid. I made valid points which, since you can not counter them, you are attacking me directly. You are attacking my character and my methods of debate even though you can not counter my reason or the points that I have made.

And I believe the way I give my points get the point accrossed just fine. And I ask everyone in the thread for a general consessus on this.

AT EVERYONE: Whether or not you found the way I posted offensive at times or not, did I get my points accrossed well enough for you to understand and to counter his points?

Stop wasting everyone's ****ing time spewing your nonsense about what you say being "common sense" and "simple truth". It makes you sound like a moron with a god complex. Certainly a moron anyway. Which is why I called you one earlier.

Taking away someone's privelages and freedom based off their skin color is raceism. Yes I agree to this and never have anywhere not agreed to this.

GTFO because I'm more experienced then you, I use logic better than you, and am respectful to fellow posters whether or not I agree with their posts as long as they're at least somewhat level headed, Unlike you. And if you say that you are level headed, you will "lose all credibility here." And stop saying you have an assertive nature, because you don't. You simply rage and call people names or call what people do/say/type names and treat your opinions as fact with no evidence, especially when you can't counter their points.

Don't say I don't understand you either because that is just another excuse that you use when you can't counter my or someone else's points.
It's not that you don't understand me. It's that you don't understand how much of a hypocrite you are. I stated it already. I stated my stuff as truth, and fact because I am heavily inclined to my opinion, doesn't make me not opened up for other ideas, or perspectives. I have a giant wall I created that will convince everyone I am an ignorant person who will never listen, but I also developed the strength to take down this wall when it's truly neccessary. Go to the proving grounds in the DH, then go look at the God debate. You'll see I can very well accept humility when I truly deserve it. You guys don't get to humiliate me because you only challenge my opinion with endless rhetor, and hypocrisy.

I only have to say one thing that shuts down your rebel against ''racism''. They use the N word on each other, even though that N word comes from a ruthless time. It's just another game people created to rebel against someone. It's another game for superiority, and rights for something that is not needed! The real racism is out there, but you guys are too busy swatting at the wrong problem that is flying around. This is why it's fact. Why would they ****ing use the N word on each other, if it derives from a terrible time? Huh? It's just more childish wars. GTFO if you want to continue trying to seem better than me. You fail at it. El Nino is the only person I show respect to, aswell as C4SH. Maybe you were too busy with your head up your ***** to see this, to see I am a decent guy when you aren't looking like a fool.

Just, wow. This is laughable at all levels. I am going to quote what Frotaz said. Lolol.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alien Vision: I know you said that you were calm, but your manner of posting doesn't make you look calm. Sure, maybe we're all idiots and we don't get it, but posting in CAPSLOCKRAGE isn't going to help us understand.

On that note, you said that you believe in psychology. Words have impact because of psychology, specifically because of the context in which they are used and the environment in which both the speaker and listener live. Words don't always keep their original meaning. Someone can take an everyday word and use it like an insult. If it catches on and enough people accept the new meaning, then the word has just changed. Language is constantly changing. The meanings of words depend on what is commonly accepted by people. Words are used for communication and they would have no value on their own.

Context is important. Some older people may use words that are not PC by today's standards but were acceptable for their time. But if you were born of this generation, then I'm not sure what excuse you would have to use racist language.

If racism didn't exist in the real world, and if people didn't still use the N-word specifically as a racist insult, then it would be fine to use it without worrying about offending people. But we don't live in that world.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Alien Vision: I know you said that you were calm, but your manner of posting doesn't make you look calm. Sure, maybe we're all idiots and we don't get it, but posting in CAPSLOCKRAGE isn't going to help us understand.

On that note, you said that you believe in psychology. Words have impact because of psychology, specifically because of the context in which they are used and the environment in which both the speaker and listener live. Words don't always keep their original meaning. Someone can take an everyday word and use it like an insult. If it catches on and enough people accept the new meaning, then the word has just changed. Language is constantly changing. The meanings of words depend on what is commonly accepted by people. Words are used for communication and they would have no value on their own.

Context is important. Some older people may use words that are not PC by today's standards but were acceptable for their time. But if you were born of this generation, then I'm not sure what excuse you would have to use racist language.

If racism didn't exist in the real world, and if people didn't still use the N-word specifically as a racist insult, then it would be fine to use it without worrying about offending people. But we don't live in that world.
You didn't answer my question Nino, it was directed at everyone =[

And place holder because I need a place to copy and paste. I will be responding to you with me other serious post here, alien vision.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
You didn't answer my question Nino, it was directed at everyone =[
All I remember is Darkwing Duck.

But no, you've made decent points. We could do without the name-calling though, and that goes out to everyone. Yes, it's the interbuttz, and everyone thinks that everyone else is a fail, and arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, but some of yall are giving me eye strain with your rants. Or maybe it's the funny font colors.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace

This board will never see me mad. I am an assertive philosopher and I wish to retain my composure as a debater, even though you define what I protray now, as a bit over the line. Trust me, I am neutral right now that uses alot of emphasis to get my points across.

Yes, I DO believe in psychology. I am opened to understand if someone gets belittled their entire life by their parents, or their friends. I understand if the words are directed at somebody to enrage them, and to dismount them off of their normality horse. This is not the case though, Nino.

The N word actually means black, and the word cracker doesn't even make sense. If I wanted to be some crybaby who is offended over a word just because it was in context of the same way their black buddies refer to them as, I would say that cracker is more offensive. The N word actually means black for ****'s sake. They are black, whats the point? People act like these people deserve to be respected at 150% just because their skin colour is different, and their past. The past is over, and I am tired of seeing punk *** black kids acting like they deserve respect from me, when the reason why they speak the way do, and rap the way they do is not because of their skin colour. I guess having green skin makes you an animalistic maniac who can throw cars miles away, right? What about indians? Do they have some special thing about them because it's more of a red tint? Please, this is nothing but monkeying around! There are things out there we all should be working together to confront, but we are too busy focusing on BS we can't even back up right. I stated the key piece of reality here, and everyone continues to shut it down with endless rhetor. The word is not offensive, it means black. People need to stop throwing pissy fits, and face reality. We have so many other elements in life that are worst than racism, that is affecting our childhoods, and we protect them. Angry fathers, controlling mothers, kids at schools, and all of these psychological problems that are oblivious to us. This, I find offensive. That our human race only looks at one problem, and never revolves around the ENTIRE PICTURE that REVOLVES AROUND ALL OF US.

I have a right to caps, and show my sincerity in what I post. I have the right to be assertive, atleast I am not Battlecow. I want what you guys want in a more important context. I want people to deserve freedom, and equility for everything. I don't want people to complain about a STUPID word. Seriously, it means black.. They say it to each other.. Just because we use it the same way, in the same context, that makes us racist? This is alienation, and a childish rebellion. I don't buy any of this ****, and every example I've seen is piss poor, and doesn't defend it in anyway.

:oneeye:

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I only have to say one thing that shuts down your rebel against ''racism''. They use the N word on each other, even though that N word comes from a ruthless time. It's just another game people created to rebel against someone. It's another game for superiority, and rights for something that is not needed!
Are you somehow suggesting that black people choose to be offended by the N word in order to keep white people from using it JUST so we can turn around and say "HAHA WE HAVE A WORD YOU CAN'T USE"? Like being able to say the N word is some treasure that black people are keeping from white people JUST to spite them?

Also, it's worth mentioning that even within the black community, the N word is often used as an insult. It really all depends on the context and who you're with. Do you understand? Even if a black person is saying it to another black person, it can be offensive. It's not as black and white as you're making it out to be.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
The word is not offensive, it means black.
I think that when white racists started using that word as an insult against black people, the word became offensive, regardless of what it originally meant.

People need to stop throwing pissy fits, and face reality. We have so many other elements in life that are worst than racism, that is affecting our childhoods, and we protect them. Angry fathers, controlling mothers, kids at schools, and all of these psychological problems that are oblivious. This, I find offensive. That our human race only looks at one problem, and never revolves around the ENTIRE PICTURE that REVOLVES AROUND ALL OF US.
Then would it be too much to take on all of that in addition to racist language? I mean, just because we're discussing this issue now doesn't mean that we don't do anything else with our lives.

I have the right to be assertive, atleast I am not Battlecow.
Setting the bar high, I see.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Are you somehow suggesting that black people choose to be offended by the N word in order to keep white people from using it JUST so we can turn around and say "HAHA WE HAVE A WORD YOU CAN'T USE"? Like being able to say the N word is some treasure that black people are keeping from white people JUST to spite them?

Also, it's worth mentioning that even within the black community, the N word is often used as an insult. It really all depends on the context and who you're with. Do you understand? Even if a black person is saying it to another black person, it can be offensive. It's not as black and white as you're making it out to be.
Please read this over and over again. None of this adds up in the end. You question if that is what they are doing, but when you read it. Thats what it LOOKS like. I don't know whether if it's intentional, or not. It's a pointless argument in the end, because it's the fact, that just because we are white we can't say it to them because it makes us racist. The BLACK people are embodying racism by holding this against us. It's bull****, it's childish, it's redeemless, and it's why you guys are here wasting your time fighting me with endless rhetor, and groundless examples that shows that you just don't want to face the fact that is right here in our face..

There are bigger things that regard this in a more important, and significant context we could be focusing on. Yet, you persist to cry over a word that they continue to use on each other. Also, what I aforementioned.

Tell me, how this does not look stupid to you. Don't even try to make anymore rhetor, or turn this against me arguments. I want a conclusive answer that will show solid reason. If you can't do that, then just stop trying. Seriously.

I think that when white racists started using that word as an insult against black people, the word became offensive, regardless of what it originally meant.
Alright. Thats cool, I understand that. Why can they use it on each other, but we can't? It means black. We are using it in the same context as them. It's not like I am saying ''You are pathetic.'' ''You are a loser, and fail at life''. No, I am saying a word that they say to each other of their same ethnicity all of the time. This is just ****ing BS.

Then would it be too much to take on all of that in addition to racist language? I mean, just because we're discussing this issue now doesn't mean that we don't do anything else with our lives.
Thats not what I was getting at, sorry. I ment to say that people are always complaining and whining over the stupid things in life, but never do they look at it at a broader level that can actually show significant progress in getting somewhere that was abandoned because of the few sickos that still live among us.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Yep, just as I thought.
Basically you think black people are being unfair to white people by not letting them use the N word.

Also, did you just completely miss the part where I said this:

...or are you just ignoring it?

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
We don't live in a society where race is non-existent or unimportant, Alien. It exists, and most people have one (some have more than one). What you seem to be asking here (and correct me if I am wrong) is that your race not be taken into consideration if you were to use the N-word (hence your allegation that it is racist for blacks to object to your use of word but not another black person's use of it), while a the same time defending the use of language that specifically highlights another person's race (N-word, as you say, means black). That sounds like you're asking that your race be ignored while you make remarks that make the other person's race impossible to ignore. If there is such thing as a double-standard, that sounds like one.

Edit: Sorry if I missed something. Live edits are screwing with me. I feel dejavu scrolling through this thread.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
It's not that you don't understand me. It's that you don't understand how much of a hypocrite you are. I stated it already. I stated my stuff as truth, and fact because I am heavily inclined to my opinion, doesn't make me not opened up for other ideas, or perspectives. I have a giant wall I created that will convince everyone I am an ignorant person who will never listen, but I also developed the strength to take down this wall when it's truly neccessary. Go to the proving grounds in the DH, then go look at the God debate. You'll see I can very well accept humility when I truly deserve it. You guys don't get to humiliate me because you only challenge my opinion with endless rhetor, and hypocrisy.

I only have to say one thing that shuts down your rebel against ''racism''. They use the N word on each other, even though that N word comes from a ruthless time. It's just another game people created to rebel against someone. It's another game for superiority, and rights for something that is not needed! The real racism is out there, but you guys are too busy swatting at the wrong problem that is flying around. This is why it's fact. Why would they ****ing use the N word on each other, if it derives from a terrible time? Huh? It's just more childish wars. GTFO if you want to continue trying to seem better than me. You fail at it. El Nino is the only person I show respect to, aswell as C4SH. Maybe you were too busy with your head up your ***** to see this, to see I am a decent guy when you aren't looking like a fool.

Just, wow. This is laughable at all levels. I am going to quote what Frotaz said. Lolol.
Once again you ignore all my points. And no " only have to say one thing that shuts down your rebel against ''racism''. They use the N word on each other, even though that N word comes from a ruthless time" this doesn't mean ANYTHING. Christians wear a CROSS. Jesus DIED on a cross. It's satirical, ironic, a look back on the past. It's funny because it's irony. It's OK FOR THEM TO USE BECAUSE IT'S IRONIC. Re-read my post about hystorical context until you understand it and counter that and the point I just made above or STFU and never post in this thread again.

Explain how I am a hypocrite. Lay out it for me and all to see. Detail by detail or STFU because otherwise, once again it's just your ****ing opinion. Because no one gives a **** about opinions, including my own. You need evidence and sound reasoning to support your claims. Not rage, name calling and rediculous logical fallices such as:

Please don't lose your credibility. I want you to keep it. Everything that we do, or see, comes from our actions. Everything derives from ourselves. Unbacked statement aka OPINIONIf we didn't have ourselves, nothing would exist.Not a fact and absolutely unprovable We wouldn't be able to perceive anything. We chose to listen, and take other people's aspects to learn from it. Understanding, and will, comes from our mind, not anyone else's. The first step we take is always our own. unbacked opinion

Understanding who we are is the most powerful tool, don't deny it.unbacked opinion.

or

The only reason why you think this, is because you're used to people who act like they understand themselves, but can't see for **** about this world.Unbacked and UNPROVABLE opinion. When you find somebody who is genuine about understanding themselves for what they are capable of, able to use their fullest potential anytime they want, that is when you set the statistics. You will not find many people who are able to to this, just so you know. opinions and general god complexishness

When people are lost in their own labyrinth, they are too busy questioning needless things. When you are out of this labyrinth, you are able to look at the world from all kinds of different perspectives, even for yourself. You are able to feel, and understand why people react the way they do. Why things exist. Why that guy picked that colour instead of the other colour, since you are on common grounds with yourself, and can concentrate on deeper questions.Prove to us how you have enough experience with this subject to know WTF you are talking about. Unbacked opinion

or

I'm not mad. You're just saying one thing and then doing exactly the opposite of what you argued about. -.-

It's not common knowledge. People get picked on for other **** too. Stop centering it only on blacks, and people's skin colours. For ****'s sake, you are being ignorant. It's the fact that in the end. ITS ALL BULL****. People get picked on even for just a tiny little problem that they can't help, by anybody. god complex rage and derailing and attempting to take the topic away from the matter at hand as the matter at hand is raceism

It's called humans have an inferiority complex. I already explained this, and you shot it down because ''I hav nu evidunce lolololo1''. unbacked statement ANOTHER opinion
or

Look, it's not like I am oblivious to like.. I rarely see a black person in the ''missing'' papers. It's obvious there is some colour segregation going on, but not at the level where there is a huge blimp flying outside that says ''WHITES WILL RULE ALL! ! !''. Seriously. You make it sound so IMPORTANT. When there are only minor cases, and the media twistes **** ALL the time, no matter the colour, or ethnicity.

I am not forming a strawman argument, I am generalizing a potential idea unlike you.
Rage, hyperbole etc etc
or

No.

What I said earlier was explaining that there are other problems that gives us hell in the end not just segregation.

You've lost all credibility there. I really liked the way you misunderstood me, now you are making a fool out of yourself. I won't be responding to anymore of your petty attempts to show me that I am somehow ignorant.
refusal to counter valid points made and personal attacking/ rageing etc etc
duck quacking
k. :):):):):):) More rage and purposely ignoring the other side's points. superioity, rage etc I saved it for last because it's where I got the whole DARKWING DUCK thing from.
That should be sufficient EVEIDENCE to PROVE my point. You know evidence? One of the most important things in ANY debate.

The fact that you say things like "when I truely deserve it" prove that there is practically nothing humble about you.

My point is not that I am better than you, even though I am, at debating anyway. It's to prove your view is wrong. Which is what you are supposed to do in a debate.

Debate[n]- a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints: a debate in the Senate on farm price supports. Taken from the first dictionary site google brought up.

You fail at debating. And you can't tell me to GTFO because you can't even respond to my points properly. =] er =| sorry SERIOUS.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Yep, just as I thought.
Basically you think black people are being unfair to white people by not letting them use the N word.

Also, did you just completely miss the part where I said this:

...or are you just ignoring it?
To be honest. I somehow missed the entire bottom part, I apologize. To answer your question, it's not racist because they both are black, but offensive because they are using it as a derogative statement that is marked with anger, and resentment. It's common sense to know when somebody is using it out of anger, or just there to insult you. When you just say ''Whats up my ni***'' then the black individuals are just blowing this out of proportion..

We don't live in a society where race is non-existent or unimportant, Alien. It exists, and most people have one (some have more than one). What you seem to be asking here (and correct me if I am wrong) is that your race not be taken into consideration if you were to use the N-word (hence your allegation that it is racist for blacks to object to your use of word but not another black person's use of it), while a the same time defending the use of language that specifically highlights another person's race (N-word, as you say, means black). That sounds like you're asking that your race be ignored while you make remarks that make the other person's race impossible to ignore. If there is such thing as a double-standard, that sounds like one.
Cracker highlights our race all the time. They seem to be proud to call us cracker, and not only that. We don't even call each other cracker in the ****ing first place. Not only that, as I said before.. Crackers aren't even white. Trololol.

I'm sorry but when you read the top paragraph of what Frotaz wrote, and then read what I responded with towards the bottom paragraph, you'll see that it LOOKS like that is what they are doing. Why else would they close us off, and throw around the racist card for?

Please, tell me. :3

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Being "allowed to say the N word" is not some exclusive club that black people have created just to have something that white people don't.

Also, nobody here is saying that it's okay for black people to be racist against white people. It's too bad that's all you got from El Ninos post, because he pretty much hit it right on the head.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
@ Sonic -

Mhmm, in regards of what you are baiting me to contradict, I would say that the cross is a solid object, and that the N word is a ****ing word.. The cross is to commemorate JC's sacrifice, while the N word was turned into some racial slur without a probable defense. It's just a word, really. GTFO if you are going to continue being a hypocrite by acting like you are more superior than me. I never said I was more superior than anyone, I just state my opinions as fact when people throw around rhetor, and fail to shatter my opinion at the very least. I already explained I am opened up to anyone's side, if they actually can provide it. Please, continue wasting your time. Debates always have alot of arguments that contain things that are our opinion, and can't be proved in reality. What's your point?

@ Frotaz - I never see people call racist when their own ethnicity offends them with a word..

Same goes for @ Sonic.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's not racist because they both are black
You just answered your own question. :x

/thread

Cracker highlights our race all the time. They seem to be proud to call us cracker, and not only that. We don't even call each other cracker in the ****ing first place. Not only that, as I said before.. Crackers aren't even white. Trololol.
I can see when someone would be offended by the use of "cracker." I'm not going to contest that. But that word evolved under different circumstances than the N-word, which means it's going to have a different effect on people. Both words can be offensive, but the rules that decide when they are offensive are different.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
@ Sonic

Mhmm, in regards of what you are baiting me to contradict, I would say that the cross is a solid object, and that the N word is a ****ing word.. The cross is to commemorate JC's sacrifice, while the N word was turned into some racial slur without a probable defense. It's just a word, really. GTFO if you are going to continue being a hypocrite by acting like you are more superior than me. I never said I was more superior than anyone, I just state my opinions as fact when people throw around rhetor, and fail to shatter my opinion the lead bit. I already explained I am opened up to anyone's side, if they actually can provide it. Please, continue wasting your time. Debates always have alot of arguments that contain things that are our opinion, and can't be proved in reality. What's your point?
@ Frotaz - I never see people call racist when their own ethnicity offends them with a word..

Same goes for @ Sonic.
I know you didn't say that you act superior to most everyone else. I [along with others] did. ;) The reasons which i have showed you in the gigantic wall of quotes, ALL by you, that are examples of these behaviors you are being accused of. A word is also an object. An immaterial object. But an object nevertheless, which has just as much or sometimes greater importance than a physical one. Since you brought up the importance of the cross. What about the importance of the words in the Bible or the Koran or any other religious text? Or the Gettysburg Adress? Words aren't important at all.
/sarcasm

You state your opinions as facts whether or not they are so. That's enough doesn't matter what anyone else does when you do that it makes you a moron regardless of your reason why or intentions. Also the fact that you hold your own opinion in such high regards proves what I think about you being close minded and that superiority complex and all that other great stuff I've already said many, many times. :cool:

Debates have opinions that can't be proved, and once they are stated they are BOOM HEADSHOT'ed like the useless bits of quite likely false information that they are.

Opinions are useless in a debate. They're are a distraction in coming to the truth.

I want a general consensuss on that as well.

You being open to anyone's side is a lie. You not only ignored my points but tried to troll me, on multple occassion simply because I had a different view that you couldn't overcome.

@ The last thing you said that you edited in lolwtf-how-HOWCANYOUSAYTHISGIVENEVERYTHINGELSEYOUHAVESAID?!?!!?!?!??!

/thread?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You just answered your own question. :x

/thread
That is not the /thread That strengthens the /thread, because it elaborates that the N word is so poorly thrown around, it has become another way to rebel against people like me. It defeat Frotaz's point. Just because they can insult each other with the N word even if they are in the same ethnic group. It doesn't make it ''racist because it just is..''. I was refering to the word ''racist'' on how everyone else sees it. ''It's offensive :('' I should've elaborated that. >:D

I can see when someone would be offended by the use of "cracker." I'm not going to contest that. But that word evolved under different circumstances than the N-word, which means it's going to have a different effect on people. Both words can be offensive, but the rules that decide when they are offensive are different.
Doesn't matter, Nino. It's not how it derived in the end, it's the pointless ways it's thrown around along with the N word that I am trying to point out. Everything revolving around those two words make no sense in the end. Nor does it make it racist, AT ALL.

frotaz37

Smash Lord

Alien Vision, everything you need to understand about this issue is right here in this post.
Really, nothing else needs to be said. If you don't understand this concept then nothing anyone says in regards to this is ever going to make sense to you.
And I'll say it again, for good measure: Being "allowed to say the N word" is not some exclusive club that black people have created just to have something that white people don't.
Got that? Being "allowed to say the N word" is not some exclusive club that black people have created just to have something that white people don't.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
[/SIZE]

Alien Vision, everything you need to understand about this issue is right here in this post.
Really, nothing else needs to be said. If you don't understand this concept then nothing anyone says in regards to this is ever going to make sense to you.
Whats the point? THEY are the ones who are making themselves prominent for complaining over white people calling them the N word, when it's just a ****ing N word, and you should know when ''WHATS UP N WORD'' can just be a way to say ''Hi'', is that so ****ING hard to see? I don't think so.. Not my fault their defense for why we can't use the N word is pitiful, stupid, and makes no ****ing sense in the end.

White people say N word = Racist

Black people say n word = Yo, what's up! - or - An insult when they are angry. IT CAN'T BE RACIST. WHICH IS THE POINT OF THIS ARGUMENT. SO STOP USING THE BLACK VS. BLACK EXAMPLE.

Yep, whatever you say Frotaz. Whatever you say.. It's NOT a ****ing insult anymore, especially on my example how you can use it. It's so much ****ing common sense you can tell if they are trying to borderline racism, or are just using it just like every other black person uses it on the non-offensive terms.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
He still doesn't get it.

OMFG

After everything I've said both the nice way and not nice way...he still talks exactly the same. Still tries to use "common sense", still playing favorites with his own race. Still insulting people while he posts and being condescending. Still as close minded as ever, thinking that it's all them and we're innocent or..something..
No more seriousnesses ever. :troll:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
He still doesn't get it.

OMFG[/s]

And after everything I've said both the nice way and not nice way...he still talks exactly the same. Still tries to use "common sense", still playing favorites with his own race. Still insulting people while he posts. No more seriousnesses ever. :troll:

I never said anything to make my race superior. I am pointing out a logical dispute between what racism is, and what it isn't. you guys persist to cry on the kiddy rides, while I am trying to explain that you are just ****ing wrong in every context, shape, idea, form, WAY. Just dead wrong. None of it makes sense. You are just using endless rhetor, once again. I gave you my defense, and you still can't give it a solid answer. The best thing that Frotaz came up with was the Black Vs. Black, but I already stated we are arguing about what is racist, and what isn't. That can only be insulting, not racist, so his argument falls apart. You also failed pretty hardcore for saying such things. You obviously don't understand me, and just continue to use a bunch of lousy editing skills to make me look like the loser, aswell as playing your hypocrite role like a mastermind. You are not superior, you are an imbecile, I am not superior, because I am don't have a God complex.

Also, the Bible is a book. It is all about JC. What does this have to do with the N word at all? All it has, is a past where white people used it. So what. It's the fact it's the new word for them to use on each other, and don't even try to use the word ''noob'' example. It's a whole new different concept here, that you are too childish to comprehend. Words are not ****ing objects. Get your terms together son. They are immaterial information we can choose to accept, or not. The N word actually means black, and when you say ''What up my N****'' you can obviously see how they are just trying to be friendly or not. Please, just GTFO. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom