• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm glad Wolf is good, but this bandwagon needs to go.

Fat Wolf

Smash Rookie
Pre-Brawl: "Wolf sucks. Krystal for Brawl! Wolf doesn't deserve to be in!"

Post-Brawl: "Wolf is **** awesome! I'm maining him!"

OKay, I've wanted Wolf in the Smash Bros. series since the very first game, since I just loved the Star Wolf battle from StarFox64, and he was just really cool. When he was confirmed in, regardless of Fox-based moveset, it was flipping awesome. But now? Now all I see are tons of people saying Wolf is top-tier, and suddenly a wave of wolf-hopefuls are flooding in, effectively creating a rather disgusting badnwagon. It's like people are finding the next Melee Fox or Marth in Wolf.

In short: I love Wolf for his character, and was one of his die-hard supporters pre-Brawl. Now all I see is some silly Wolf bandwagon, which will surely flood out the "originals", the real Wolf fans. Anyone else agree?

Maph

Smash Cadet
I support you!

The last Starfox game I ever played was 64. I didn't even know who Krystal was, so I've been all for Wolf (and Dedede) the whole time.

Ryusei

Smash Rookie
Lets not consider this a bandwagon just yet. I would wait until Brawl comes to the states to see who really sticks with Wolf, and who bails out. I can agree with you on putting Wolf in earlier. I for one wanted him in Smash bros, along with Falco, but falco obviously came earlier. Since fox was my favorite character in the previous games, there is little to no chance that I will be disappointed with Wolf. If anything, Wolf will become a 2nd main for me.

Those are my few cents. >_>

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Hmm odd. I only see most of those WOLF GOD TIER here. But then again I haven't been to the other sections of Smash Boards.

Fat Wolf

Smash Rookie
Well just look at the "Favorite Character" thread in the General section. Wolf is in like, what, 3rd place behind Sonic and Lucario?

Sariku

Smash Master
Heh, this is EXACTLY how I feel with Lucario. "We don't need fourth generation Pokemon, they SUCK." Once they see Lucario kicking the crap out of people in videos they are like "OMG I'M MAINING HIM!!!"

My three most wanted characters was Sonic, Lucario, and Wolf. I later changed Wolf to Bowser Jr. though as I thought Wolf wouldn't really have a chance with my new found ideas and knowledge about Sakurai's previous sayings. Well, it turns out that Wolf was confirmed, so I did sorta get all the characters I desired in Brawl, in Brawl.

Not saying I'll main Wolf, I only go to the Wolf Forums to see if people posted in my Joke thread... if anyone hasn't, start posting, it's an awesome thread.

Ryusei

Smash Rookie
Favorite character thread is going in the direction of how the character looks, and previous games. Thats why I wouldn't consider this a "bandwagon" just yet. The people who watch matches on youtube outweigh the people who actually played the game. Which is why I will wait until the U.S release to see if people get with it, or get lost.

Swords

Smash Rookie
Well wolf is popular now due to people seeing him as a "cool" looking character and his movesets are nice and when new people found out wolf was in the game, they wanted to see how he is and then when they see that he has the attribute of looks and movesets, people are probably going to automatically put wolf as their main in their minds. Some people just want to use the characters cause they heard the chars were top tier or something X_X.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Well wolf is popular now due to people seeing him as a "cool" looking character and his movesets are nice and when new people found out wolf was in the game, they wanted to see how he is and then when they see that he has the attribute of looks and movesets, people are probably going to automatically put wolf as their main in their minds. Some people just want to use the characters cause they heard the chars were top tier or something X_X.
Agreed. I'm going to main Wolf because I LOVE to use him.

Sariku

Smash Master
Now though, everyone should try to get good with two characters. I say one character should be a character you like from their respective game, such as Luigi from the Mario Bros. Games. If people like him, they should try to get good with him. Now the other character you should pick up is a character who you like the play style off, no matter who it is. Like R.O.B.? Well play him, no one is gonna mock you for it, especially if you kick their ***.

I picked up Marth in Melee because I liked his play style. I picked him up in 2002, and didn't even know he was good till I joined the SmashBoards. Now, I also play Pichu, because I love the character from the games and movies. I play Ice Climbers because I like how they play, and the same for Captain Falcon. Though I play Yoshi sometimes because I like his character. I'll probably play Wolf quite a bit just because I like him from the Star Fox games, which EVERYONE should own if they don't own it. Star Fox 64, 1000 Wii Points.

Yeah though, we'll see who plays who. I'm sticking with Lucario and Sonic because I like their Character; Marth because he was my main in Melee; Who knows who else I'll play?

This is why Smash is such a glorious series.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I think once we get our hands on it there won't be as much support.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Could this "bandwagon" simply be the result of few new non-dojo characters+Wolf looking cool?I mean, I was a Krystal fan and I wasn't jumping for joy when the neo 3 confirmed the 35 char roster. . .but seeing really cool and unique characters come out of the 35 along with my main, Falco, being decloned really put a smile on my face.

Really, I would not assume Wolf would get this much new attention if either A) he was a clone or B) if we had Krystal/ Geno/ Mr. Lee and friends which a 45 char roster. Really, theres not much to chose from so what do you expect? Either cry like a lil b**** about how bad brawl is (I see this in some people) or get over it and pay attention to who ever interest you the most. Wolf is a interesting character. . .fit just right for something to look forward to after people where let down from their super hype clown 9.

And for the record, Lucario has had a crap load of fans and fan-boys sence over a year ago yaying about how he was the only pokemon that could get in (luckly they where wrong and we got the RB starters) so no, there aint a "band wagon" there. . . just lots of fans. Oddly enuff I have not seen any good or great vids of him "kicking *** " . . .mostly just FFAs and comp fights. His fan base purely comes from the fact he has been hyped sence reveal in 06. . .hell, Serebii.net has been a breeding ground for Lucarios fans sence Japan's movie release.

Maph

Smash Cadet
See, a lot of people say that, and it's not too often that it's always true. Until you've actually tried a character out you won't really know.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Fox-based moveset? PFFFF.

And I don't care if Wolf becomes popular. Don't be so selfish. He deserves to be popular because he's awesome.

turboether

Smash Cadet
you are not more qualified than anyone else to play as wolf. thinking so is ********. wolf is building a following because he actually looks like an interesting character to play. how is this unjustified?

Relhots

Smash Lord
i don't get why people always main people that are good, or they are top tier...Even with bottom tier, some people main bottom tiers just because they think they are so good that they will easily kill everyone with a bottom tier...I just play as a character i like...and i've always liked Wolf...You can ask my friend that...he used to really bug him about it... :laugh:

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
I'm going to main wolf, marth, link, or metaknight most likely. Wolf because I liked him in starfox 64, marth because he was my main in melee, link because he was my original main before marth, or metaknight because unfortunately i'm going off videos and looks fast.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue]And for the record, Lucario has had a crap load of fans and fan-boys sence over a year ago yaying about how he was the only pokemon that could get in (luckly they where wrong and we got the RB starters) so no, there aint a "band wagon" there. . . just lots of fans. Oddly enuff I have not seen any good or great vids of him "kicking *** " . . .mostly just FFAs and comp fights. His fan base purely comes from the fact he has been hyped sence reveal in 06. . .hell, Serebii.net has been a breeding ground for Lucarios fans sence Japan's movie release. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I think you're twisting our words there Black/Light.

The fans were never "yaying" about how he was the [I]only[/I] Pokemon that could get in. Infact, when he was confirmed by that leak, his fans actually hoped that Mewtwo would return too.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja-zFPnJVlo"]And if you haven't seen any videos of Lucario kicking *** yet, you're clearly looking in all the wrong places.[/URL]

And finally, it turns out we weren't wrong, and he did actually make it in, like I told you he would, about a thousand times over at The Lucario Shrine. I have no idea why you hated Lucario so much, you even went as far as having a "Lucario for Pokeball" signature, which is really quite sad.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'll have to agree to an extent. Wolf looks interesting because of his unique ( in terms of the Smash series anyway ) personality, but it would quickly get stale if everyone started using him...
I don't want Space Animals to dominate everything again, even if it's a cool Space Animal. ._.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to agree to an extent. Wolf looks interesting because of his unique ( in terms of the Smash series anyway ) personality, but it would quickly get stale if everyone started using him...
I don't want Space Animals to dominate everything again, even if it's a cool Space Animal. ._.
But it's not our fault that the StarFox characters are awesome.:laugh:

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think you're twisting our words there Black/Light.

The fans were never "yaying" about how he was the only Pokemon that could get in. Infact, when he was confirmed by that leak, his fans actually hoped that Mewtwo would return too.

And if you haven't seen any videos of Lucario kicking *** yet, you're clearly looking in all the wrong places.

And finally, it turns out we weren't wrong, and he did actually make it in, like I told you he would, about a thousand times over at The Lucario Shrine. I have no idea why you hated Lucario so much, you even went as far as having a "Lucario for Pokeball" signature, which is really quite sad.
*Sigh* I could pull a random post out of the shrine/ Pokemon Poll topic and it will read "Lucario is likes the only pokemon that can be in!". Even Mr. Kaid said that if there where going to be any "dragon characters" in brawl it would be Ridley and not Char or any other dragon pokemon/ starter when debating about Lucario.

Lucario fans, with or without you knowing, have been saying the "likes only pokemon to choose" line for over the past year and thats wrong. Really, if we want to tally up who was "right" than I was on most accounts. I was the one who said he wasn't the only pick/ that starters could be PC/ that pokemon wouldn't have 5+ reps/ that in order for Lucario to be in more than Pichu would have to be cut (after PT came).

Lots of things I was "right" about. . .wrong in assuming Mew2 would come back/ wouldn't be replaced by Lucario sadly.

Theres no "twisting of words". . . .ask around, Lucario fans have been f***ing annoying. They bashed on the thought of PT being a PC before that was confirmed which, in turn, was why the main guy behind the "PT for brawl" thread stopped supporting Lucario. I use to even be a big Lucario fan but time and time again he just looked like the result of people wanting a Fox for pokemon.

And lassly, I don't take the time or energy out of my life to "hate" made up Nintendo characters. I truely thought that Lucario wasn't unique enuff to be the one and only NEW pokemon character as everyone was saying which is why I stopped saying that last year. And Im as happy as can be that I get both a unique rep in the form of the 3 most iconic pokemon of the series and a Lucario that aint a "pokemon Fox" but closer to a more player friendly Mew2. Having a Lucario for pokeball sig was no different than having a Lucario for brawl sig. . .my sig simply showed how I wanted him in brawl at that time. Don't see whats "sad" about supporting a pokemon being in a Pokeball. . .

And I actually like the attention to detail put into Lucario's animations and how he is basically a better/ faster Mew2. I plan to give him a shot at one of the spots for my 5-6 main team of characters if he doesn't turn out to be as stiff as he looks.

It is, after all, just a game. . .as annoying as his fans may be he looks like a interesting character and I hold no ill-will toward interesting characters.

(And that vid is decent but I wouldn't call it great or anything. Really don't think everyone got on the "Lucario bandwagon" because of that vid. Oh, and I never said Lucario fans where hoping he replaced Mew2. . .don't know how you twisted that one up)

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I'm the same way with Samus. It annoys me to no end how even some really respected players who used her in Melee are just dropping her in Brawl because she can't missile cancel. It's like, what happened to using a character because they're cool or because they come from an awesome game series? Instead, everyone continues to main the best characters like Marth, Fox, Sheik, etc. whom most of them have never even heard of or played the games of prior to their Smash debuts. It's pretty sickening.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Remember the Meta Knight bandwagon when we first saw him? Its not too different here.

Wolf has had one of the greatest comebacks in the SSBB community that I know about. he's had a small, but steady group of supporters for a long while. in October, he was -in many people's eyes- nearly deconfirmed as a Fox alt costume. Then on a 35 character roster, when nearly everyone expected Krystal instead of Wolf (even I gave Krystal greater chances), Wolf was confirmed; beating the odds and comming out as the underdog (excuse the cliche). Not only was he confirmed, he was in as a nearly 100% non-clone. On top of all that, He projects the brutal, aggressive qualities a StarFox fan has come to identify with Wolf O'Donnell.

Its not much really.

raul

Smash Lord
Remember the Meta Knight bandwagon when we first saw him? Its not too different here.

Wolf has had one of the greatest comebacks in the SSBB community that I know about. he's had a small, but steady group of supporters for a long while. in October, he was -in many people's eyes- nearly deconfirmed as a Fox alt costume. Then on a 35 character roster, when nearly everyone expected Krystal instead of Wolf (even I gave Krystal greater chances), Wolf was confirmed; beating the odds and comming out as the underdog (excuse the cliche). Not only was he confirmed, he was in as a nearly 100% non-clone. On top of all that, He projects the brutal, aggressive qualities a StarFox fan has come to identify with Wolf O'Donnell.

Its not much really.
Couldn't have said it better myself. But no matter what character there is, there will be a bandwagon so there really is not point to this anymore. People love who they love and hate who they hate and play who they play. I guess I'm part of the Pit and Sonic bandwagon as well. I guess it is kind of annoying, but people want to share their love for a character and I say go for it, regardless if I like that character or not.

sahilio

Smash Cadet
I agree with this. It does happen to a lot of characters. My only hope is that EVERY character is overplayed, meaning, every character is equally played :)

Just sucks to see people conform based off of someone showing some sweet vids.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I think Wolf is awesome. I'm possibly maining him after Falco. Fox I'm not too sure about, but he could be in there with Luigi.

I'm just pissed about people who think I only main Falco because he's top-tier. I started maining him because he's the most badass character in the Star Fox series. Wolf runs a close second, though (although I still like the eypatch better than the mechanical eye).

Anyway, I never really held an opinion on the Wolf vs Krystal debate, because I knew I'd be equally as satisfied with either. I'm definitely using Wolf at some point, though.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
*Insert well explained post that's a bit to long to quote*
Well I guess you did explain everything there, no need to hold a grudge against you now really.

The only two things were, I only used Mewtwo as an example, as the general consensus of fans didn't think that Lucario was the only Pokemon that could get in.

And yeah, there probably is a few posts of people saying that, but then again I'm sure I could find quite a few posts saying that Wolf has no chance compared to Krystal, or R.O.B. has no chance compared to Ridley or Geno.

Ah well then, I guess that's the end of or long running feud, as I really have no reason to hold a grudge against you now. :laugh:

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well I guess you did explain everything there, no need to hold a grudge against you now really.

The only two things were, I only used Mewtwo as an example, as the general consensus of fans didn't think that Lucario was the only Pokemon that could get in.

And yeah, there probably is a few posts of people saying that, but then again I'm sure I could find quite a few posts saying that Wolf has no chance compared to Krystal, or R.O.B. has no chance compared to Ridley or Geno.

Ah well then, I guess that's the end of or long running feud, as I really have no reason to hold a grudge against you now. :laugh:
*no offense* Why would anybody hold a grudge...its really immature and stupid...seriously...even though lucario is cool...:laugh: Everybody should just get along and it'll be a better place for all...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Pre-Brawl: "Wolf sucks. Krystal for Brawl! Wolf doesn't deserve to be in!"

Post-Brawl: "Wolf is **** awesome! I'm maining him!"

OKay, I've wanted Wolf in the Smash Bros. series since the very first game, since I just loved the Star Wolf battle from StarFox64, and he was just really cool. When he was confirmed in, regardless of Fox-based moveset, it was flipping awesome. But now? Now all I see are tons of people saying Wolf is top-tier, and suddenly a wave of wolf-hopefuls are flooding in, effectively creating a rather disgusting badnwagon. It's like people are finding the next Melee Fox or Marth in Wolf.

In short: I love Wolf for his character, and was one of his die-hard supporters pre-Brawl. Now all I see is some silly Wolf bandwagon, which will surely flood out the "originals", the real Wolf fans. Anyone else agree?
First off, who are you to tell people that they cant like Wolf. Many people wanted Krystal in brawl and now that shes not in, Wolf took her spot. Now even if this was a so called "bandwagon" it will fade with time. Me personally, I wanted a quick evil character since 64. When Wolf was introduce, I knew who I was going to main. Does that mean i jumped on the bandwagon?? Um no. I love when people say "if your not a fan, you shouldnt be maining him." If you were a real fan, you would be excited that people are supporting him.

Relhots

Smash Lord
First off, who are you to tell people that they cant like Wolf. Many people wanted Krystal in brawl and now that shes not in, Wolf took her spot. Now even if this was a so called "bandwagon" it will fade with time. Me personally, I wanted a quick evil character since 64. When Wolf was introduce, I knew who I was going to main. Does that mean i jumped on the bandwagon?? Um no. I love when people say "if your not a fan, you shouldnt be maining him." If you were a real fan, you would be excited that people are supporting him.
can anyone get along...seriously...its really immature...

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I think every Character board has a topic like this. I know the Pit board has a topic where people hope Pit doesn't get abused by elitist and that the true Pit fans get over-shadowed...its going to happen. People will find that one character in the game that's top-quality, and main them. I did in Melee with Sheik. So its a given.

That said, I want to main Wolf because I like wolv...look, just see my username. But I'll tell you this, if Wolf wasn't Wolf, but was Slippy, and still played as well as people say Wolf does, I most likely would have gravitated towards him nonetheless. But because its Wolf, I have the excuss of saying "I main Wolf because I genuinely like Wolf", which I do...but **** it, at least 40% of my intentions for picking who I pick is based off if they play well or not.

Sonic_Wolf

Smash Cadet
Yeah , def i wanted wolf in since the beginning of melee after playing Starfox64 and seeing him in the melee opening video. i like wolves naturally and thought his character was really cool , and i said if wolf is in the next game i am maining him no matter what even if SEPHIROTH was in lol.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Yeah , def i wanted wolf in since the beginning of melee after playing Starfox64 and seeing him in the melee opening video. i like wolves naturally and thought his character was really cool , and i said if wolf is in the next game i am maining him no matter what even if SEPHIROTH was in lol.
Anthromorphic wolf character are really cool...no doubt about it...but we dont always have to agrue on what character is better than the other though...

Darkslash

Smash Master
Been Supporting Wolf ALWAYS. Every Time i Get a chance to VS him or even better PLAY him, i take that chance. Hell I always play the Solar and Titania Missions with him. Even if i screw up in the end I always Do the same thing. Wolf Doing the Multilock thing with Dual Laser. AWESOME!!!!!

And i know the Basics of the Wolfen In command . 3 G-diffusers, Dual Lasers,Multilock when you play him and when you verse him 3 Laser Burst that's pink,drop Air mines. Base is On Fachina Bounty is 30,000. LOL i know him enough XD

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Of course the band wagon's gonna go for him and Lucario as they look, move, and appear to play as one of those cool dark bad*** characters. Just look at his cool fighting pose! I don't even like Wolf and yet he's so cool that I can't help but want to try him out.

Top Bottom