• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm glad Wolf is good, but this bandwagon needs to go.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pre-Brawl: "Wolf sucks. Krystal for Brawl! Wolf doesn't deserve to be in!"

Post-Brawl: "Wolf is **** awesome! I'm maining him!"

OKay, I've wanted Wolf in the Smash Bros. series since the very first game, since I just loved the Star Wolf battle from StarFox64, and he was just really cool. When he was confirmed in, regardless of Fox-based moveset, it was flipping awesome. But now? Now all I see are tons of people saying Wolf is top-tier, and suddenly a wave of wolf-hopefuls are flooding in, effectively creating a rather disgusting badnwagon. It's like people are finding the next Melee Fox or Marth in Wolf.

In short: I love Wolf for his character, and was one of his die-hard supporters pre-Brawl. Now all I see is some silly Wolf bandwagon, which will surely flood out the "originals", the real Wolf fans. Anyone else agree?
I feel your pain. Bandwagons must stop. We of the Pikmen had the exact same problem the day Olimar was confirmed. Many many people just flooded in saying "ZOMG Olimar is totally my main! I hated him before but now that hez in hes liek awesome"

Sigh.. what a painful 3 days it was, then when we cornered them all, we sent them packing. We dont have that problem anymore.

DannyMDEFactor

Smash Cadet
These things ALWAYS happen,
Like when screenshots of Wolf were first posted up, people were so ignorant of them stating "OMG THAT'S SO FAKE, LOL PHOTOSHOPED FOX!" Then a video came out of nowhere shutting people up, then they decided to say that he's a complete clone of Fox, and were later shut up by further speculation.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
heh same thing with ike look at the poll in general brawl disscussion fat wolf

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
When I finished unlocking all of the characters in Super Smash Brothers 64, I thought that they should have put Wolf into the game.
It has been many long years, but now my dreams have been fulfilled. LONG LIVE WOLF!

**** Krystal!

raul

Smash Lord
While I am glad for all the support for Wolf, I just have thing: Did you guys miss my post about every character has a bandwagon in one way or another? I mean its true.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Actually I wanted Wolf in Smash since What the heck? and You are good,but Im better! + Melee intro.
Im glad hes in.Im looking forward to try him.
In fact,I want to main the whole Landmaster trio!

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
It's really ironic to see how popular Wolf became after he was confirmed. I remember back when anyone dared put Wolf over Krystal or Falco on their dream roster, they would get flamed into oblivion. Still, I'm not complaining about his newfound popularity. It's good to know lots of people like him and that he's not going to end up as Brawl's Pichu as far as being hated goes.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Yea, I never understood why Krystal was so popular... I'm not really a big fan of Krystal really and I've been wanting to see Wolf in Smash since the beginning too.

People are sure hyped about it all, but I'm sure after people have played around with Wolf, we'll know if a bandwagon will start.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Yea, I never understood why Krystal was so popular... I'm not really a big fan of Krystal really and I've been wanting to see Wolf in Smash since the beginning too.

People are sure hyped about it all, but I'm sure after people have played around with Wolf, we'll know if a bandwagon will start.
I didn't care for Krystal at all, and I admit that I didn't think Wolf was going to make it. I might not be a person who wanted Wolf as a character in SSB for years or anything but I still want to try him out. Also, I choose Wolf as a main because I tend to like the slower and heavier versions of characters like Ganondorf and wanted to try out a slower and heavier fox. After I saw him as an actual character, of course I wanted to use him more, but I have no idea where the "Wolf is going to be Top Teir" was coming from. It seems like every character is going to be Top Teir from what people are saying lol.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well I guess you did explain everything there, no need to hold a grudge against you now really.

The only two things were, I only used Mewtwo as an example, as the general consensus of fans didn't think that Lucario was the only Pokemon that could get in.

And yeah, there probably is a few posts of people saying that, but then again I'm sure I could find quite a few posts saying that Wolf has no chance compared to Krystal, or R.O.B. has no chance compared to Ridley or Geno.

Ah well then, I guess that's the end of or long running feud, as I really have no reason to hold a grudge against you now. :laugh:
It's good that we see things on the same page now for the most part ;)

And here are some actually really good Lucario vids. These are way better than what I have seen before now (Just fond the guys vid in a MK combu thread)
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Unkn0wn71&p=r

:034:

Smash Hero
Fat Wolf, I completly agree! I was mentioning this to Fawriel as well, Wolf getting a high mention on the tier list all of a sudden brings in a ton of people 'liking' Wolf. Seriously, at the beginning the Wolf Squadron was here and maybe a couple more people? And now? Sheesh... It's the same with R.O.B., honestly, now everybody likes him seeing how he's a good character.

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
So what if theres a bandwagon after seeing his vids.Thats always been a cool thing about ssb imo you get to try characters you've never even heard of and possibly become a fan of they're game series.I know when melee first came out i had never even heard of fire emblem but i tried it and i actually really liked it.

P.S i'm not in this bandwagon you speak of i've been a starfox fan since i was about 7.I always thought that starwolf was so bad *** when i played starfox 64.I just recently heard about smashboards and looked around and i found out wolf was gonna be in it,I almost crapped myself because it was so unexpected for me lol.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It's bound to happen, look at Olimar and how much hate he got, now people say he is good and they jump, oh well.

And now everybody and their mother is using Diddy =\

Mezna

Smash Cadet
I think that lots of people don't want to use Wolf because they want to win(which is always fun), but because they see his moveset and they think "Wow! what a cool character!" At least that's my view on Wolf. But hey, Brawl has what, 35 characters? All of them are great(minus WW Link), so I don't think people are all going to be on Wolf. Lots of people change their "mains" as they play the game more. I personally went from Ness to Shiek to Roy to Young Link to my finally two, Ganondorf and Marth. I had no idea who Marth was, but because I liked his play style I took time to learn who he was and became a FE addict. Just because people don't start off knowing a character doesn't mean they won't learn who they are.

Bad News Bryant

Smash Rookie
i think wolf is a complete and total badass, and i can't imagine why anyone would've rather had krystal. i didn't even know who krystal was before i looked her up. wolf is the original badass of the starfox series, and i had been checking for updates on brawl daily to see if he made the cut. GO WOLF!!!!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Most people (in competitive play anyway) don't play characters because they like them or because they're cool. They just pick the best.
I don't think it's unreasonable or wrong to jump on the Wolf bandwagon now that it is apparent that Wolf will be a great fighter in Brawl.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
It's really ironic to see how popular Wolf became after he was confirmed. I remember back when anyone dared put Wolf over Krystal or Falco on their dream roster, they would get flamed into oblivion. Still, I'm not complaining about his newfound popularity. It's good to know lots of people like him and that he's not going to end up as Brawl's Pichu as far as being hated goes.
Sadly for me, R.O.B. is the new Pichu (Hatewise) :(

And R.O.B. was a character I wanted for a long time... :(

Seriously though, I think I'm gonna try Starfox 64 now :p Wolf looks cool.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Wolf was the only character of my wanted list that actually made in (not even shoes in like ridley or mewtwo) and as far as i've seen in the videos, i like a lot his feral gameplay, that plus metaknight's speedy swordmanship and snake's tactical setups will be my bread and butter in brawl. interesting, this three character that i like a lot got also three gameplays that i liked a lot (specially snake) so even if they end being bottom tiers i will try to main the anyways... (i even mained mewtwo in melee)

i don't think that everyone will be wolf... the fact that now we have 3 extremly cool space animals, will divide the bandwagon and give a little more variety also, I thik that characters like Pit, and Toon Link will be overused due their possible high rank in tiers list (althought there isn't a tier list out at the moment)

At least I will main Wolf along with Snake and Metaknight not because of tiers list, but because i like the characters and their gameplays...

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I won't lie I supported Krystal from the beginning, so I guess I kinda jumped the band wagon, cause I seriously am thinkin my main will be between him, Snake, Ike and Link. However chances are I'll stick with Link, but wolf will probably be one of my most played.

That said I don't like wolf because he looks good. I like Wolf because he's my favorite star fox character. I think I supported Krystal more because she seemed like she would have a more unique moveset. And honestly, I'm rather surprised that Wolf got in over Krystal, pretty much all hints pointed to Krystal, but shows you that you can't take hints too seriously.

So while I wasn't behind him the whole time ( though I was never against him) I wouldn't say I jumped the bandwagon just because he looks good. I want to play him because he is my favorite star fox character and one of my favorite characters in games in general.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman

OKay, I've wanted Wolf in the Smash Bros. series since the very first game, since I just loved the Star Wolf battle from StarFox64, and he was just really cool. When he was confirmed in, regardless of Fox-based moveset, it was flipping awesome. But now? Now all I see are tons of people saying Wolf is top-tier, and suddenly a wave of wolf-hopefuls are flooding in, effectively creating a rather disgusting badnwagon. It's like people are finding the next Melee Fox or Marth in Wolf.

In short: I love Wolf for his character, and was one of his die-hard supporters pre-Brawl. Now all I see is some silly Wolf bandwagon, which will surely flood out the "originals", the real Wolf fans. Anyone else agree?
that's how i feel exactly. wolf is probably my favorite nintendo character since starfox 64, and i've wanted him in brawl ever since it was announced. i don't really like the idea of people using character because of how good they'll be at winning tournaments, and not because they really like the character in the first place.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i know a lot of people choose characters because of how good they are. but i've never done that. I don't really get it, because if you pick someone, regardless of how good they are, you'll learn to use them well anyway. back in melee the sole character i used was mewtwo, purely because i just really like mewtwo. Even though he's considered one of the worst on the roster(especially considering he was the only unique moveset character to get axed) I still had a lot of fun using him. And i got really good with him, beating my ridiculous roomate's marth 2 out of 3 times whenever we play.

anyway, what i'm getting at is i'm so used to playing as a character that's almost entirely ignored, that i kinda would like it if whoever i mained in brawl was also in a similar situation. While im 100% certain i will main wolf and lucario in brawl because they are my favorite actual characters on the roster, it's actually a deterrent to me for me to use a character with notable advantages over another, who then ends up getting used by everybody because of it.

kinda rambling my opinion, but essentially the gist of it is that i fully plan on maining wolf soley because he is my favorite nintendo character. whether he is good or not, or whether he gets a following because of his advantages in game, is of no concern to me whatsoever...

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I can never really pick a character to 'main'... I think it's a habit I picked up in Soul Calibur 2, because I mained Charade. Haven't been able to main a character since (except Olcadan in SCIII, who has the same 'random-fighting-style' gameplay as Charade and Edgemaster had), so now i just go with my mood. But, Wolf definitely looks to be a character I'll use more often than not.

My ideal Starfox lineup for Brawl was Fox, Krystal, and Wolf (No Falco). Fox because he's the main char, Krystal because of moveset potential, and Wolf because he's definitely one of the coolest antagonists in video game history. Admittedly, I wish that the people of the Lylat system would learn to use naming dictionaries (a wolf named Wolf?), but I've always liked Wolf since I first saw him (even though you never get much of a chance to see his character first time around). I remember working my rear end off just to unlock him in Assault. Will do the same in Brawl :chuckle:

final comment: Hasn't every other character gone through the bandwagon phase yet? I don't hang around here too much, but I'd think that the only new character who hasn't would be Toon Link (the closest character to being a true clone, as far as I've seen).

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

Yeah, but you gotta get used to it: there will always be top-tier whores.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord

I supported Krystal from the star. If I had the opportunity to pull one character and replace them with Krystal, it would be Wolf.

HOWEVER, that doesn't stop me from acknowledging that Wolf is NIIIIIICE. Seriously, that howl taunt is badA.

Pikmin And Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Im glad im not on the bandwagon thing. Wolf is my all time favorite star fox character and i wanted him in more than krystal.

T-major

Smash Champion
Luckily for me, I wanted Wolf to begin with.

Krystal is a useless character that didn't deserve to be in over Wolf. it's a good thing that Sakurai figured that out. :D

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Luckily for me, I wanted Wolf to begin with.

Krystal is a useless character that didn't deserve to be in over Wolf. it's a good thing that Sakurai figured that out. :D
She isn't a useless character. She actually deserved the spot as much, if not more than Wolf. Personally, if I had to take out one character to replace them with Krystal.... it'd be Falco. Knowing that I could've had Wolf but didn't would tear a hole in my heart.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I wouldn't go as far as calling her a useless character. That's just a bit out of line. You may have wanted Wolf in more than her (as did I) but she would've made an excellent character addition over all, potentially.

That is, until Sakurai gave her a Landmaster... *sighs*

Junko

Smash Rookie
Personally I was really hopeful he would be a character but didn't think he'd make it because Krystal would be more popular... I'm just happy he made it- if everyone is going to use him because they think he's the best- well, that will make betting on Wi-fi matches all the more fun for me (that feature is still in, right?).

And if it turns out he's not top tier and everyone jumps off the bandwagon- that's alright to, I'll still be on it. I didn't play Fox in Melee because he was top tier, but because he was fun to use- the same as Wolf will be for me in Brawl. And even if he's not fun to play... I'll keep prating till he is.

5iveStar

Smash Rookie
There was a bandwagon? I wouldn't have played Krystal.
As soon as heard wolf was in brawl I wanted to play him, just cause he so basass. I never knew there was even a bandwagon.

What the heck-?

Those sumersaults were driving him insane. lol

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I dislike Krystal for brawl, because she's not as good as the other characters (toss up between her and Falco) Fox is the namesake, and Wolf is the awesome villain/anti-hero/hero?. She had potential as a fighter, but in a game where you are representing series, you don't pick a semi-important character. With deciding who's gonna be in Brawl, Slippy makes more sense than Krystal, because Slippy has always been there and everybody knows (and many people hate) Slippy. He's iconic while Krystal is not. 'Cept for maybe Lucas, all the rest of the roster is iconic.

I can't wait for the replies on this :(

Top Bottom