• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm begining to frown upon Brawl's wi-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
"This tier list has been developed through extensive testing on wifi specifically here and allisfail
order is pretty obvious, and the characters are ordered within their tiers.

S tier: Olimar, Pit, Falco

A tier: lucario,meta, diddy, IC, luigi

B tier: snake,R.O.B, mario, TL, pikachu,

C tier: D3, kirby, marth, ike*, g&w, wolf*,

D tier: zelda, DK, ganon*, lucas, bowser, fox, link

E tier: CF, PT, sheik, peach

F tier: ness, wario, yoshi, , ZSS

G tier: samus, sonic, jigglypuff,

Characters with an asterisk go up to SS tier in super framelag

Tier list is valid in button lag up to minor framelag

Thoughts on it? Questions on placing? Suggestions on switches?

mostly done but still working out some kinks input is always nice"
No way Ill work on it then tell you what i think it should be

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is trash offline and online.
Zelda is a great character if used in the right way. If people actually stop abusing the smash attacks and experiment with different moves to rack up combos or damage then Zelda would receive the recognition she deserves. Its really unfortunate

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's still not the greatest but she is much better online
Stating "someone" is the greatest is more of an opinion and not a fact BTW. I think all characters have both there strengths and weaknesses :) (I despise tiers)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I believe the tier list is pretty good, it's not perfect but it does give you a good idea to how versital a character is. Just because the tier list says your character is lower doesnt mean you're hopless, it just means you have less options/more problems with certain things you have to try and deal with. Afterall I'm a Yoshi main who rarely places under 7th in tournaments. Sure I think some characters should be placed differently, but regardless I still think it's a good thing

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Zelda's still not the greatest but she is much better online
She's the same thing online as she is offline. None of the gameplay has changed, just the speed and your patience. She's not a bad character, but she doesn't have things to put her over the top.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I believe the tier list is pretty good, it's not perfect but it does give you a good idea to how versital a character is. Just because the tier list says your character is lower doesnt mean you're hopless, it just means you have less options/more problems with certain things you have to try and deal with. Afterall I'm a Yoshi main who rarely places under 7th in tournaments. Sure I think some characters should be placed differently, but regardless I still think it's a good thing
I play with all the characters and believe me you'll be surprised how good a "low tier" character can be. Most of what they base the tier list on is tournament use. Plus the tier list decreases the chance of people using different characters in my opinion.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Zelda is slow and light two bad qualities lag would possibly not be a big deal for her i don't play as zelda but it doesn't matter her placing on the list online she is still a danger that can bait you into a lost stock i would mention the frames for her attacks but that is a field i need to study up on.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
She's good due to epicly impossible to dodge sweetspoting. Other than that she sucks

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I play with all the characters and believe me you'll be surprised how good a "low tier" character can be. Most of what they base the tier list on is tournament use. Plus the tier list decreases the chance of people using different characters in my opinion.
I agree. I make Yoshi look beast vs top tiers. Always close games despite the outcomes.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Have you noticed tht yoshi handles top tiers quite well, mid tiers pretty bad, and low tiers very well? It's kinda wierd. For example:

Top Tiers
:metaknight: 45:55 = :metaknight: Favor
:snake: 40:60 = :snake: Favor
:diddy: 55:45 = :yoshi2: Favor
:falco: 45:55 = :falco: Favor
:popo: 55:45 = :yoshi2: Favor
:wario: 50:50 but IMO our favor cuz we have an infinate to kill if we get a single grab on him ;D

Mid Tiers (Just a Few)
:pikachu2: 45:55 = :pikachu2: Favor
:lucario: 35:65 = :lucario: Favor
:gw: 40:60 = :gw: Favor
:toonlink: 30:70 = :toonlink: Favor (OMG I HATE HIM!!)
:wolf: 35:65: = :wolf: Favor
:squirtle: 45:55 = :squirtle: Favor

Low Tiers
We beat everyone except :samus2: and (agruably) :zelda:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I hate zelda...shes on the list of characters i will not master and i dislike over wifi

My list
yoshi
ice climbers
wolf
kirby
zelda
and maybe wario

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I disagree with those results, honestly.
really, they are pretty **** accurate, if you are basing yours off the match up chart, they're way outdated, these are pretty close to perfect

I hate zelda...shes on the list of characters i will not master and i dislike over wifi

My list
yoshi
ice climbers
wolf
kirby
zelda
and maybe wario
You forgot Falco... >.>

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
really, they are pretty **** accurate, if you are basing yours off the match up chart, they're way outdated, these are pretty close to perfect

You forgot Falco... >.>
I'm really not basing it off that at all. Just common sense, game mechanics, and past experiences, too. Techniques. I'll post my opinion matchups.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We beat diddy due to all the crazy things we can do with his bananas making them just as effective for us as they are for him. Look up some yoshi naner stuff its pretty cool. MGW and squirtle just air **** us, they out prioritize and we dont have much to stop them from approaching, squirtle's a bit easier due to our CG on him though. Toon Link is just ****, he out camps us and we cant use our sheild or he'll zair theliving **** out of our end lag. Try fighting a decent Tink and tell me he doesnt **** us

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
We beat diddy due to all the crazy things we can do with his bananas making them just as effective for us as they are for him. Look up some yoshi naner stuff its pretty cool. MGW and squirtle just air **** us, they out prioritize and we dont have much to stop them from approaching, squirtle's a bit easier due to our CG on him though. Toon Link is just ****, he out camps us and we cant use our sheild or he'll zair theliving **** out of our end lag. Try fighting a decent Tink and tell me he doesnt **** us
Who is "Tink?"
Do you mean Toon Link?
Just kinda confused me there.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Twisted... I'll check some things out...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Holy crap is this like the new online social thread? 165 pages in 2 months? And it just started out as your standard WiFi johns thread :\

Back in the day we'd be lucky to get 165 posts in 2 months for the whole forum around here.

:034:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Holy crap is this like the new online social thread? 165 pages in 2 months? And it just started out as your standard WiFi johns thread :\

Back in the day we'd be lucky to get 165 posts in 2 months for the whole forum around here.

:034:
Eat your oats grandpa.

Look at what the topic creator says on the front page i lol everytime theres a new post,this topic practically became anything worth talking about this might as be just "the everyday come in here and tell us how much you hate wifi thread"

:088:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom