• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids :]

I tend to do well on Yoshi's Story against Marth. It's very easy to combo him because of the platforms, edge-cancling aerials, and you can WoP to death. The only downside is that you can die very quick because of the little stage.

What do you guys think of as Yoshi's Story as a counterpick against Marth?

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
:45 is amazing. BTW, I can't ever get an utilt opening.. Any suggestions? I'll try bair, uair like in that mango vid.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Because she's hard to edgeguard. Uair and upsmash are your primary KO-moves against Peach.
Fsmash much? :p She can't survive jig's fsmash at >80-ish%

When she's finally forced to use the parasol, float with your back to her and make it look like a simple Bair setup, she'll likely start to FF trying to get away. Keep with it and bair the bejesus out of her. The exception to this is when hitting her would improve her chances of recovering AGAINST you with little benefit FOR you. So just be patient, you can out camp her, just catch the turnips.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Well, since she can float cancle back to the ledge, I prefer to finish her upwards instead of to the side :)

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
CONSPIRACY!!!

I've been working on a possible rest combo for some time now. It's jab to rest. Not the typical Mangorest, aka thunders -> rest, but a plain jab to rest.

I've only tried it on Marth, and it seems to work. Nair to jab and rest is the main combo. It seems that sometimes when you jab someone, the enemy goes upwards and not away from you. Therefor, you can rest if the foe goes upwards, since it goes in the rest hitbox. It works (if not better) with two jabs and rest too.

The easiest way to to the jab->rest combo is when your foe goes down a platform, and you are under. Jab the enemy, and rest. It seems to work great!

Mind you that I've only tried this on cpus, and not humans. In theory it's working without DI, atleast.

Maybe this combo is just plain stupid. And I think a hell of a lot of players know this (maybe), but I've never seen anybody use it before. It's very similar to the Mango combo, though. Maybe I've misunderstood the concept of the Mango combo, and this is the Mango combo :p

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
ive tried it with the two jabs..wasnt that sucsesful..usually people are di'ing away from it by the time the second one hits..or cc'ing..so they wouldn't move at all =\ i like where you're going with this though.

hrmhrmhrmhmr.....i like it i like it. =]

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Well, yeah. That's a problem for all combos really, but everyone makes mistakes sometimes, so it may work sometimes! Maybe this is more of a suprise combo :)

It works better on higher precents. Maybe a little obvious, though x_X

MaNg0

Smash Hero
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WKbYtq15Euk

Theres some really cool mindgames in there

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M41qZumHf0A

Theres some nice edgeguaring there and di

Theres other matches there to.. agaisnt peach..
Dont watch the oone me vs the sheik hahha i get ***** //
These are kinda old

Edit- I had a smash week hahha

Edit 2 - Here are some really good matches vs ma friend who is the jigglypuff counter.. theres alot really good stuff because he camps... waits for grabs and stuff like that .. the questions u guys ask so here u go.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=michaelpulido

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Was this before the box tag!? :O

Nice vids :)

Oh, Mango! What do you think of that jab -> rest combo? :)

Crusade

Smash Rookie
Quick question mango...

When do you personally use the down throw?

I only ask because i'm trying to add a little more variety to my jiggs.

Thx in advance.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Crusade- I actually down throw all the time at low percentages on forward throw when theres a edguard oppurtournity.//.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Its just a normal tag...

Nothing else to it....

We like to kid around and say its the reason i win

=D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I like to shffle airs.. its ma favortie

She just sucks becauses... she dies early.. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.