• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

dingodilemaster

Smash Rookie
I think that Ike is going to speak english, cause he has apeard in an english fire emblem game. He wil possibly become my new favorite character

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope that Ike speaks in english. One of the reasons i didn't play as Marth or Roy, was their japanese voices i couldn't understand. (No Need to translate every thing said by them, i have seen Smash Wiki)
Congrats, you fail at life.

moledork

Smash Cadet
Topic revived.

Anyways:

Aether FTW. This seems to have been made to be a super attack. There's the glow before the strike, and the whole uber flying motion. Am I right?

wow this person had it right on da money amazing lol

moledork

Smash Cadet
yea same here...but i still think its a pretty sweet lookin move

aether is his up special move not his final smash

dingodilemaster

Smash Rookie
Ike Aether looks cool very cool

and the B move to i think it will be more powerful then roy B

I can ensure that. Roy was a medium charcter with slide moving towards heavy.
Ike is just heavy

and do you guys think that there are to many new characters using a sword
Pit
meta knight
and now Ike

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
3 is not to many >_<

Anyways, he is invincible during some parts of his special, which is his recovery move

I Will be learning that timing.

dingodilemaster

Smash Rookie
Ike Aether looks cool very cool

and the B move to i think it will be more powerful then roy B

I can ensure that. Roy was a medium charcter with slide moving towards heavy.
Ike is just heavy

and do you guys think that there are to many new characters using a sword
Pit
meta knight
and now Ike

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Guys, notice how it said Ike's invincible to attacks but not to grabs. If an attack can't get through to him, grabs probably will.

Edit: Forget it. At the last part of his attack, that's when he's vulnerable to attacks and grabs.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
After looking at these special moves, I'm definitely feeling more confident about Marth returning. Perhaps Ike will be a Luigified Marth?

... or will Marth be a luigified Ike...?

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
It's different from Kirby's. It doesn't shoot out a projectile at the end. And I'm sure anyone that touches the sword while it is separated from him gets hit.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
After looking at these special moves, I'm definitely feeling more confident about Marth returning. Perhaps Ike will be a Luigified Marth?

... or will Marth be a luigified Ike...?

Or they'll just be two differenct characters?

Zindura

Smash Cadet
Ike isn't likely to be a clone in any way, shape, or form. From the screenies in his profile, it seems like he's wielding his sword a lot more clumsily than Marth, due to it's weight.

Example:

And even though Ike is performing Aether on the ground in today's update, the vertical reach on that looks ridiculous. It seems as high as Zelda's Up+B.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Ike isn't likely to be a clone in any way, shape, or form. From the screenies in his profile, it seems like he's wielding his sword a lot more clumsily than Marth, due to it's weight.

Example:

And even though Ike is performing Aether on the ground in today's update, the vertical reach on that looks ridiculous. It seems as high as Zelda's Up+B.
At the same time, it looks like it'll have bad horizontal reach as well. Even if he somehow landed on the ground with that attack, you could dodge the blade and punish him for it.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
Most characters don't have Up+Bs that are designed for effective ground combat anyways. I could only appreciate this move's offensive value if you were on a stage with platforms really high up, like Rumble Falls.

Ike could throw the blade and hit someone high above him, and jump up to attack them with the second part of Aether. We don't have an idea of how fast the throw-up, jump, and slash-down are executed, though.

shinypaper

Smash Rookie
With his Eruption move he clearly sticks his sword into the ground. I think that it's going to be a terribly slow move. Kind of like when link hits the ground with his dair.

As mentioned before looks a lot like final cutter. I don't know if I'm going to use him anymore especially if he's heavy like a brick.

And it seems like we know a few characters with swords so far, but we don't even know half the players so far. So I'm sure that it will be a small number in comparison to non-sword wielding characters.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Hurray for Ike's special moves! I enjoy aether, but I hope it doesn't wind up being too much like Kirby's up-special, the Final Cutter. As for the neutral/standard special, eruption, is this a magic move? And how does he charge it up? my guess ont the charging is that he jams down his sword and charges the explosion. Is eruption in FE: Path of Radiance? Does anyone know anything about this move?

Zindura

Smash Cadet
Eruption is not in FE:poR, and I don't believe it's in FE:GoD either.

We don't know much about the nature of it's "charge", either. It might be one of those moves that you charge and execute immediately after, or maybe it could be a storable charge.

All of this is redundant with the Ike:Special Moves thread that exists in Dojo Updates.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, eruption is completely made up. It seems as though it will be one of those "I'mma chargin mah lazer!" B attacks that no one will ever get hit by, but I could be wrong.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well when you see that attack as a recovery it seems he gains height but not distance just like G&W's b up.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
he is not heavy between ike and Espions "the promotion of the rogue in
fire emblem :god "is 3 points in speed

in the real game ike is very fast

he is maybe heavy like roy he is not heavy

And is Eruption a made up move

but ike fire must be blue

and eruption it's a name for a powerful pokemon move groudon can use it

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
****, those are some nice specials. and sakurai also said some heavy characters have moves similar, wonder if that applies to bowser or dk... somin also tells me he isn't going to give us peach till the end of the week now

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
That probably applies to a bigger character who is yet to be announced. But anyone who says this disproves the fact that Ike is replacing marth and roy, is wrong. Aether is just a fancier version of both of their recover attacks except he slices down afterward. It's not like that was that great of an attack anyway. It didn't even help in recovery that much. And Erruption is obviously a powered up version of Roy's B attack with more fire effects.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i think characters like bowser and dk are getting better becasue of this
maybe brawl wil have all high tier characters, i hope :D

SniperRy

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about the fact that eruption is a stab in the ground like link's arial down a and wether or not it'll have a meteor smash effect in it?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
dunno, i guess it could work similar to marths in that it is charged but other then that i think it will be original. what i want to know is how do these moves change depending on which sword style ike is using (two handed or 1 handed)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
the picture looks like Ike is stabbing the ground with two hands held onto the sword. I hope Ike isnt too heavy and slow, he is supposed to be fast. Atleast at Roy's speed is decent.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Hmmm to me the sword plant attack reminds me more of DK's Down B attack. They both are sitting ducks but they are surrounded by a forcefield on the ground (Not necessarily in the air)

And this is also a good sign of heavy characters getting a revamp and being more of a force to be reckoned with.

Top Bottom