• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
If Chrom is a patched Ike like Lucas was an attempt at a patched Ness, I am going to laugh.

And then spend the rest of the day crying.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well for me I don't have much a of a competitive surrounding, I'm pretty competitive with Smash but the people around play it casually so for me the best players around me can be beaten with well timed counters and the such.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ike will be fine. Project M proved just how monstrous a balanced Ike would be.

Lets keep our hopes up for a similar showing for Smash 4. I'm just wondering what his customizations are going to be

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I admire your resolve.

For example, I play Samus in Melee, even though the character is dead to me. :(
My character selections are always based off of personal favorites, always has been and always will be. Luckily, I always have at least one favorite that's decent though.

Ike will be fine. Project M proved just how monstrous a balanced Ike would be.

Lets keep our hopes up for a similar showing for Smash 4. I'm just wondering what his customizations are going to be
Yeah, I'm not worried about how he'll perform much to be honest. Although it's an unrelated character, seeing how Bowser has been treated after all this time really boosted my morale for Ike. He'll be loads of fun to use I'm sure. In both FFAs and 1v1s.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
My character selections are always based off of personal favorites, always has been and always will be. Luckily, I always have at least one favorite that's decent though.

Yeah, I'm not worried about how he'll perform much to be honest. Although it's an unrelated character, seeing how Bowser has been treated after all this time really boosted my morale for Ike. He'll be loads of fun to use I'm sure. In both FFAs and 1v1s.
I do wish I could always use personal favorites, I mean I have a good chunk. Ike being one of them. But Sonic has always eluded my use, masterfully at all :/

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Ike is a character that was tailored for me...Blue is my favourite colour and I love headbands, and I'm in love with Fire Emblem, my first Fire Emblem was Blazing Sword, it's like Int Sys knew that I just became a fan and they made Ike for me!....

In fact I remember the Mercenary Critical animation which was a jawdropping animation, and I was like wishing that my Eliwood or Hector had this Critical animation xD..(Back than I couldn't recruit Raven because Pricillia was dead "I know I was heartless *******" )

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I do wish I could always use personal favorites, I mean I have a good chunk. Ike being one of them. But Sonic has always eluded my use, masterfully at all :/
3rd party characters excluded, my favorites in Smash so far come from Fire Emblem, LoZ, Star Fox and Mario. So yeah, I have options for good characters, plus, I can manage playing with a decent amount of them. I typically only rep one per franchise though. When Ike got introduced in Brawl, Marth lost his spot, even though he was clearly the better character. The way Marth is looking (for the time being anyway), I don't think I'll have to be jealous as much this time around :awesome:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
3rd party characters excluded, my favorites in Smash so far come from Fire Emblem, LoZ, Star Fox and Mario. So yeah, I have options for good characters, plus, I can manage playing with a decent amount of them. I typically only rep one per franchise though. When Ike got introduced in Brawl, Marth lost his spot, even though he was clearly the better character. The way Marth is looking (for the time being anyway), I don't think I'll have to be jealous as much this time around :awesome:
I like Ike more then Marth but I have more fun with Marths style, which I started as with Roy.. So yeah I use both haha. I use quite the number of characters around the various franchises

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
With SSB4's increased hitstun and little to no directional influence, Ike's metagame should certainly translate rather well from SSBB in terms of his jab. Any new gameplay mechanics from the former would hopefully supplement his performance in a competitive environment.

As for Marth, many of the users over at his board seem to be in despair of he turned out in the demo. Even if he stays like this in the final product, I would be surprised if Ike ends up being the superior character this time. It would be satisfying, but sad, at the same time. I have always thought the way Marth was designed in Smash allowed him to be naturally viable in high-level play.

But, since SSB4 is still undergoing development, there is still hope for both characters. As Chrom puts it: ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

^-^

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
With SSB4's increased hitstun and little to no directional influence, Ike's metagame should certainly translate rather well from SSBB in terms of his jab. Any new gameplay mechanics from the former would hopefully supplement his performance in a competitive environment.

As for Marth, many of the users over at his board seem to be in despair of he turned out in the demo. Even if he stays like this in the final product, I would be surprised if Ike ends up being the superior character this time. It would be satisfying, but sad, at the same time. I have always thought the way Marth was designed in Smash allowed him to be naturally viable in high-level play.

But, since SSB4 is still undergoing development, there is still hope for both characters. As Chrom puts it: ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

^-^
I'll use both and Chrom regardless of their placements. I use characters to have fun, despite my want to join the competitive scene lol

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I'll use both and Chrom regardless of their placements. I use characters to have fun, despite my want to join the competitive scene lol
Well said. I, too, do not let a character's performance influence my decision to main the said character. Yes, even if Ike falls to bottom tier (which I hope not, of course), I would continue maining him without hesitation. Like you, I also have my own criteria for maining a character:

1. How much I enjoy the franchise the character represents.
2. How much I enjoy the character's playstyle.
3. Though to a lesser extent, how the character looks.

^-^

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well said. I, too, do not let a character's performance influence my decision to main the said character. Yes, even if Ike falls to bottom tier (which I hope not, of course), I would continue maining him without hesitation. Like you, I also have my own criteria for maining a character:

1. How much I enjoy the franchise the character represents.
2. How much I enjoy the character's playstyle.

^-^
This is pretty much how I roll too. Although Link was a bit of a surprise. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan (I do love the series don't get me wrong) but he just works so well for me I can't help but use him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm still just incredibly grateful Ike is in at all. I play Samus and Jigglypuff in Brawl, I think I can manage Ike even if he's bot tier.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Today's PotD was Palutena related. She was due up for one, I will admit (I love her too so I was happy about that). Who's up for making predictions on when is the next time Ike will at least make an appearance in a PotD? :awesome:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Today's PotD was Palutena related. She was due up for one, I will admit (I love her too so I was happy about that). Who's up for making predictions on when is the next time Ike will at least make an appearance in a PotD? :awesome:
Probably soonish. I'm quite curious to see QuickDraw variations

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yeah, I enjoyed the Palutena info. She does look like a really great character.

You could almost claim Ike has been left out in the cold a bit, but really, there are actually a lot of veterans who've had little to no special attention. Sure, they show up from time to time, but nothing is said about them. Marth is one of those. Donkey Kong. Diddy Kong, Kirby, Sheik, on and on. Most of the veterans get like 1-2 really noteworthy POTD, and that's been it so far.

Ike received one so far. If he gets one more, that will likely be it until the next big event. That said? This week would be great, honestly. Why wait?

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah, I enjoyed the Palutena info. She does look like a really great character.

You could almost claim Ike has been left out in the cold a bit, but really, there are actually a lot of veterans who've had little to no special attention. Sure, they show up from time to time, but nothing is said about them. Marth is one of those. Donkey Kong. Diddy Kong, Kirby, Sheik, on and on. Most of the veterans get like 1-2 really noteworthy POTD, and that's been it so far.

Ike received one so far. If he gets one more, that will likely be it until the next big event. That said? This week would be great, honestly. Why wait?
Any Marth or Ike info would be nice, I also would like some Dancing Blade variation info

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I really hope considering what they are doing for Fox they have implemented for Ike as well. I mean of course the harsh treatment video that was recorded on the 3ds but where Fox can do Side-B into Firefox. I think that it would help Ike out alot also if he has a similar treatment. Quick Draw > Aether would be awesome :).

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I really hope considering what they are doing for Fox they have implemented for Ike as well. I mean of course the harsh treatment video that was recorded on the 3ds but where Fox can do Side-B into Firefox. I think that it would help Ike out alot also if he has a similar treatment. Quick Draw > Aether would be awesome :).
Fox can Fire fox during a side B ? that's huge...Would love AetherDraw than xD

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
If Chrom happens to be the character reveal for this upcoming Monday, there may be a good chance we'll see more of Ike IN LIVE FOOTAGE!

We can only get so much out of mere screenshots.

^-^

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If Chrom happens to be the character reveal for this upcoming Monday, there may be a good chance we'll see more of Ike IN LIVE FOOTAGE!

We can only get so much out of mere screenshots.

^-^
I think we'll get a three musketeers moment with the 3 FE dudes.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm 95% sure that it will be Shulk from Xenoblade...because the guy who's behind Xenoblade retweeted the news and when these people retweet something you know it has to have Xenoblade in it...it proved before with them Retweeting Direct announcements and E3 announcements which all had Xenoblade Chronicle X in it.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It just hit me that a trailer being shown on Monday leads to a possibility of Ike being included, so we could get some snippets of him in action...wishful thinking?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It just hit me that a trailer being shown on Monday leads to a possibility of Ike being included, so we could get some snippets of him in action...wishful thinking?
I literally came here just now to say this!

First view of Ike in action for Smash 4, woohoo!

D

Deleted member 212841

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's the counter activated, you can tell by the blue squiggly above his head.
Oh, I see now. Thanks. ^-^
Actually it is his quick draw or side attack as he doesn't use that animation in his counter.
That squiggly blue line is for Lucina she is countering his Quick Draw/Side A.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Can't wait to get my hands on Ike, I want to play as him so bad! He's the only Fire Emblem character I give a toss about, and a damn impressive character in general. Very satisfying to use in Brawl, and I'm sure the new games will be no different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom