• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When same sex couples and non fertile straight couples want a baby they get outside help. Someone was kind enough to hold his baby in their belly and then give it to Ike and his male wifey.
O...k.
But I thought that was considered non-canon as it only happens if they share support?
Of course canon probably doesn't matter to you does it?:troll:

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
O...k.
But I thought that was considered non-canon as it only happens if they share support?
Of course canon probably doesn't matter to you does it?:troll:
The thing that helps prove that Ike loves Soren is the fact that the conversation between them is so hidden." You have to play through TWO games doing special things in each game just to get it to happen. Nintendo wants to keep its family friendly image, so if they wanted a main character to be gay, making the user go through hoops to try and find out is exactly how they would go about it"

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The thing that helps prove that Ike loves Soren is the fact that the conversation between them is so hidden." You have to play through TWO games doing special things in each game just to get it to happen. Nintendo wants to keep its family friendly image, so if they wanted a main character to be gay, making the user go through hoops to try and find out is exactly how they would go about it"
You're going pretty in depth there buddy.:laugh:
I was only joking, I believe that whatever happened in the end is up to the player to interpret.
Ike doesn't seem like the type of person to be gay, Soren maybe, but not Ike, he seems to have a thing with a few female characters in both games, specifically (that's ironic) Mia and Elincia, and maybe Lucia.

Last edited:

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
Ike and Soren are not gay. They just have a strong bond between each other because of their past, If you know what I mean. Ike doesn't show any interest to women, that's fine, it doesn't mean he is gay. If he was, he would've mentioned it in a support conversation with someone, looking mostly at Soren. It would be awkward to see that he's gay. Video-games do not get into this kind of detail.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Ike and Soren are not gay. They just have a strong bond between each other because of their past, If you know what I mean. Ike doesn't show any interest to women, that's fine, it doesn't mean he is gay. If he was, he would've mentioned it in a support conversation with someone, looking mostly at Soren. It would be awkward to see that he's gay. Video-games do not get into this kind of detail.
To be fair Nintendo of America is known for taking out anything that isn't straight out of their games(Aka Birdo and Vivian being trans and Yoshi dating male Birdo). It not being 100% confirmed is one thing, but that secret ending and the ability to dispute it is another. This is another one of those things that we are supposed to each make our own endings. In mines Ike <3 me and kills soldiers to feed me

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
To be fair Nintendo of America is known for taking out anything that isn't straight out of their games(Aka Birdo and Vivian being trans and Yoshi dating male Birdo). It not being 100% confirmed is one thing, but that secret ending and the ability to dispute it is another. This is another one of those things that we are supposed to each make our own endings. In mines Ike <3 me and kills soldiers to feed me
I understand what you are saying, but this is an RPG with war and serious characters. The director would've never even thought of this. As I said in my last post, Ike would have mentioned it just the way Soren explained it about his race. Take Soren as an example, we know him in and out thanks to his support conversations. We know what kind of person he is, the way he talks, we know every little thing about him. So why not Ike, he is one of the main characters of the Saga, We should be knowing more about him than anyone else, and we do, because he talks and has conversations more than anyone in both games combined.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Please not this **** again.

Some people think Ike likes men, some think Ike likes women. We don't agree and the only way to ensure getting along is to not debate it because each side has one strong instance of evidence and both sides can twist them to serve their point of view.

So let's not do this again. Last time people on this board discussed this I got called all kinds of nice names that I had no business being called and it was a huge mess. I'm not going to shove my views in your faces if you won't.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Please not this **** again.

Some people think Ike likes men, some think Ike likes women. We don't agree and the only way to ensure getting along is to not debate it because each side has one strong instance of evidence and both sides can twist them to serve their point of view.

So let's not do this again. Last time people on this board discussed this I got called all kinds of nice names that I had no business being called and it was a huge mess. I'm not going to shove my views in your faces if you won't.
I'm sorry, one side only has a strong piece of evidence, and that's Ike being Heterosexual, and that's Priam, whatever the other side have it's not as strong as the Priam argument.

When same sex couples and non fertile straight couples want a baby they get outside help. Someone was kind enough to hold his baby in their belly and then give it to Ike and his male wifey.
You know that such thing is only acceptable in the end of the last century ?! even though it's frowned upon, but in the past such thing is a taboo, and keep this in mind, it's not your kid if he is not of your blood, he doesn't hold your genes, he only hold your name which is only a word, Words can be played with but Genes are there to stay and his genes are obviously Ike genes. Now seriously you'd think a story as simple as Fire Emblem, you'll think that such thing would happen?! Fire Emblem isn't known for being a frontrunner in stories, and they are not known for being risk takers, and making a main character gay is a huge risk, because most Heterosexuals will hate this character (because not everyone is so understanding about these rights), Nintendo didn't include gay marriage in Fire Emblem Awakening and Tomodachi life, what will make you even think for a second that the manliest character they ever created would be gay?! think for a second goddammit, Nintendo is an old fashioned company, they have old fashions values, and like it or not "gay people" not so long ago were considered a devaluation of these values (I'm neutral in this regard, but facts exist and you know it if these weren't facts the "gay parades" won't be needed), so stop being too open minded to the point where you will argue with facts, in fact Birdo was the only "trans" character in Nintendo history that I can think about and was made a Villain in Mario USA, in fact he/she was only made a good character when he/she was remade to be a female. so stop spreading rumors, Ike went on a journey alone, he didn't take Soren or Ranulf with him, they both went on journeys of their own, Ike's romance is a tragedy, Elincia is the one he obviously loved, it was unrequited love...it's obvious, and that's why he didn't love a women after her, maybe he was trying to find someone who he would love more than Elincia.(that's not an evidence these are speculations), the Evidence is freaking Priam...

If you want fan fiction keep it away from this thread.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, one side has a strong piece of evidence, and that's Ike being Heterosexual, and that's Priam, whatev

You know that such thing is only acceptable in the end of the last century ?! even though it's frowned upon, but in the past such thing is a taboo, and keep this in mind, it's not your kid if he is not of your blood, he doesn't hold your genes, he only hold your name which is only a word, Words can be played with but Genes are there to stay and his genes are obviously Ike genes. Now seriously you'd think a story as simple as Fire Emblem, you'll think that such thing would happen?! Fire Emblem isn't known for being a frontrunner in stories, and they are not known for being risk takers, and making a main character gay is a huge risk, because most Heterosexuals will hate this character (because not everyone is so understanding about these rights), Nintendo didn't include gay marriage in Fire Emblem Awakening and Tomodachi life, what will make you even think for a second that the manliest character they ever created would be gay?! think for a second goddammit, Nintendo is an old fashioned company, they have old fashions values, and like it or not "gay people" not so long ago were considered a devaluation of these values (I'm neutral in this regard, but facts exist and you know it if these weren't facts the "gay parades" won't be needed), so stop being too open minded to the point where you will argue with facts, in fact Birdo was the only "trans" character in Nintendo history that I can think about and was made a Villain in Mario USA, in fact he/she was only made a good character when he/she was remade to be a female. so stop spreading rumors, Ike went on a journey alone, he didn't take Soren or Ranulf with him, they both went on journeys of their own, Ike's romance is a tragedy, Elincia is the one he obviously loved, it was unrequited love...it's obvious, and that's why he didn't love a women after her, maybe he was trying to find someone who he would love more than Elincia.(that's not an evidence these are speculations), the Evidence is freaking Priam...

If you want fan fiction keep it away from this thread.
Because in real life all gay people are the same right? Tomodachi life and FE don't have same sex marriages because there is none of that in Japan. But Japan does make characters that aren't straight or that are a little bit weird. Nintendo of America is the ones that makes them straight. Animal crossing had an unarguably gay character(The giraffe) and what did america do? Turn it into a girl which makes the character look dumb. Do you know why you only know about Birdo being trans? Because every other character like her or similar is turned "Normal" in the west. So it isn't farfetched that someone thinks Ike could be gay.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Because in real life all gay people are the same right? Tomodachi life and FE don't have same sex marriages because there is none of that in Japan. But Japan does make characters that aren't straight or that are a little bit weird. Nintendo of America is the ones that makes them straight. Animal crossing had an unarguably gay character(The giraffe) and what did america do? Turn it into a girl which makes the character look dumb. Do you know why you only know about Birdo being trans? Because every other character like her or similar is turned "Normal" in the west. So it isn't farfetched that someone thinks Ike could be gay.
Dude if you want to make a doujinshi about Ike being gay go ahead I don't really care, but don't ****ing spread your agenda here, for god sake, keep this **** on a Hentai forum not a gaming forums, Birdo is now officially a female in Japan and NA, because Nintendo don't like gay people, whenever they make one they don't make this character a main character, they only make a silly side character or a villain, a Main gay character is a really bad idea for any company that want to make money, because that will turn away many people from these games, such as many Dudebro gamers, religious gamers (even if they were mildly religious), Heterosexuals, male kids between the age of 10-16, and finally everyone else not in a western country.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Dude if you want to make a doujinshi about Ike being gay go ahead I don't really care, but don't ****ing spread your agenda here, for god sake, keep this **** on a Hentai forum not a gaming forums, Birdo is now officially a female in Japan and NA, because Nintendo don't like gay people, whenever they make one they don't make this character a main character, they only make a silly side character or a villain, a Main gay character is a really bad idea for any company that want to make money, because that will turn away many people from these games, such as many Dudebro gamers, religious gamers (even if they were mildly religious), Heterosexuals, male kids between the age of 10-16, and finally everyone else not in a western country.
If Nintendo doesn't like gay people then why did they make one(maybe even two) in AC in the first place? Why did they say Birdo is Yoshi's BF implying that they are both gay? And its not even like that was a long time ago since animal crossing new leaf isn't that old so your argument that Ike can't be gay because Nintendo doesn't like gay people doesn't necessarily hold true. Also being manly doesn't automatically make a character straight because then Luigi would be gay. You have your opinion and your way of thinking about Ike, but taking into consideration that his sexuality isn't stated by Nintendo anyone can interpret the situation in any way they choose. If it bothers you that others would see Ike as gay then it is because you wouldn't want him to be associated with that label. It isn't even a big deal or a bad thing and im not making doujinshi's in every topic so I don't need to go anywhere :lick:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm sorry, one side only has a strong piece of evidence, and that's Ike being Heterosexual, and that's Priam, whatever the other side have it's not as strong as the Priam argument.
Look, I don't put any stock in the Soren thing either, but just to stop the incessant fighting over stupid **** I will give it to them. People are able to change their minds. What if Nintendo or Intelligent Systems changed their mind on Ike? We don't know. Seems plausible. Maybe Ike started out as a bisexual character or something. All we know for sure is they gave him a descendant, so he loved a woman at some point.

And bulging muscles don't disqualify you from homosexuality, mind you. Some people like girly men and some don't. I don't care to discuss any of that since it is severely off-topic, though.

Ike-sama, you really just opened a can of trouble for no reason at all. You don't make friends and get along by flinging poo and talking down to people. I don't like any of that yaoi stuff AT ALL, and yet I see the value in other people to treat them with respect. It's better to politely ask people to keep their fantasies to themselves than to try and force them to stop, because all you're gonna get on the internet is pushback.

I mean, look, I hate to speak for @ Hong Hong ; I barely know Hong at all. And yet I get the feeling he (I honestly have no clue if Hong is a guy) leans towards the the yaoi Ike stuff. But you know what? We just leave that alone and enjoy each other's company in spite of it. I like Hong. We agree on a lot of other things and we tend to think alike on a lot of stuff, based on how often we like each other's posts. I don't get in his face and he doesn't get in mine. If I met Hong in person I'd consider him my friend. If he said something really offensive I'd just tell him and he'd probably stop because he wouldn't want to piss on somebody who cares about him otherwise, and I hope that if I said things to offend him he would tell me as well.

You don't have to be everyone's friend, Ike-sama, but you ought to at least try to be friendly. I'm not asking you to change your beliefs, but there are better ways to express yourself.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Double Post
If Nintendo doesn't like gay people then why did they make one(maybe even two) in AC in the first place? Why did they say Birdo is Yoshi's BF implying that they are both gay? And its not even like that was a long time ago since animal crossing new leaf isn't that old so your argument that Ike can't be gay because Nintendo doesn't like gay people doesn't necessarily hold true. Also being manly doesn't automatically make a character straight because then Luigi would be gay. You have your opinion and your way of thinking about Ike, but taking into consideration that his sexuality isn't stated by Nintendo anyone can interpret the situation in any way they choose. If it bothers you that others would see Ike as gay then it is because you wouldn't want him to be associated with that label. It isn't even a big deal or a bad thing and im not making doujinshi's in every topic so I don't need to go anywhere :lick:
OFC I don't want him associated with that label, I'm neutral to gay people, I can be friend with them, but to me they are like a friend who's alcoholic or a smoker, they are doing something wrong and that's being gay, I'm a Muslim, and I believe being gay is against the human nature, and if Ike was anywhere to be gay (which he isn't), than I can never associate myself with such character, and I could swear you are not reading anything I'm writing, because I told you many times Birdo is no longer a Trans, she was remade to be female in all regions.

Look, I don't put any stock in the Soren thing either, but just to stop the incessant fighting over stupid **** I will give it to them. People are able to change their minds. What if Nintendo or Intelligent Systems changed their mind on Ike? We don't know. Seems plausible. Maybe Ike started out as a bisexual character or something. All we know for sure is they gave him a descendant, so he loved a woman at some point.

And bulging muscles don't disqualify you from homosexuality, mind you. Some people like girly men and some don't. I don't care to discuss any of that since it is severely off-topic, though.

Ike-sama, you really just opened a can of trouble for no reason at all. You don't make friends and get along by flinging poo and talking down to people. I don't like any of that yaoi stuff AT ALL, and yet I see the value in other people to treat them with respect. It's better to politely ask people to keep their fantasies to themselves than to try and force them to stop, because all you're gonna get on the internet is pushback.

I mean, look, I hate to speak for @ Hong Hong ; I barely know Hong at all. And yet I get the feeling he (I honestly have no clue if Hong is a guy) leans towards the the yaoi Ike stuff. But you know what? We just leave that alone and enjoy each other's company in spite of it. I like Hong. We agree on a lot of other things and we tend to think alike on a lot of stuff, based on how often we like each other's posts. I don't get in his face and he doesn't get in mine. If I met Hong in person I'd consider him my friend. If he said something really offensive I'd just tell him and he'd probably stop because he wouldn't want to piss on somebody who cares about him otherwise, and I hope that if I said things to offend him he would tell me as well.

You don't have to be everyone's friend, Ike-sama, but you ought to at least try to be friendly. I'm not asking you to change your beliefs, but there are better ways to express yourself.
Dude I'm with you, this can of worm isn't opened by me it's opened KingIceSonic, and I will never stay here idle when it's open, I will never be satisfied by closing it, I will only be satisfied if I can destroy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
It's fine. Just let it be.

So, Jason Adkins: Should he come back, or new VA? :4myfriends:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Thanks again dude, you are actually the nicest guy that I met in these forums, thanks for your calculated and understandable post, I guess I always go overboard.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

I like the voice work I've heard before. Ike doesn't have many lines (well, no one does) in Dawn, but he kinda speaks in a lower tone, I feel, to make the character sound older.

I know he doesn't have many lines in Smash, but I like the battle cry he does, and "Aether!", "You're open!", and all the rest. Nintendo's been very dilligent about maintaining a very high level of, uh... Is "canonicity" a word? Oh, sure, they take some liberties, but they managed to get the voice actors for Robin, Lucina, Captain Falcon, Palutena, Pit, Doc Louis and others, so I think that's a good indication. They don't seem to be cheaping out on Smash Bros.

I expect Ike's original VA will return, and I'm okay with that :)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I like the voice work I've heard before. Ike doesn't have many lines (well, no one does) in Dawn, but he kinda speaks in a lower tone, I feel, to make the character sound older.

I know he doesn't have many lines in Smash, but I like the battle cry he does, and "Aether!", "You're open!", and all the rest. Nintendo's been very dilligent about maintaining a very high level of, uh... Is "canonicity" a word? Oh, sure, they take some liberties, but they managed to get the voice actors for Robin, Lucina, Captain Falcon, Palutena, Pit, Doc Louis and others, so I think that's a good indication. They don't seem to be cheaping out on Smash Bros.

I expect Ike's original VA will return, and I'm okay with that :)
His voice work in RD was kind of terrible, but it seems he improved so much in Brawl, I don't mind him back, he is the voice of Ike and he does all the grunts and War cries very well.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again dude, you are actually the nicest guy that I met in these forums, thanks for your calculated and understandable post, I guess I always go overboard.
That was going overboard!?!? O.O You make the nicest Gamefaqs users look bad :ohwell:

Anyway I don't want his VA to change, I love the way he says AETHER!!! :ike: :smash:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm in favour of a new VA.

I'm not much of a traditionalist, so I'm not at all attached to Jason Adkins. Nintendo has changed so, so, so much since Brawl, and have actual proper talent scouting and resources. I would like to see who they can come up with. That said, they should keep Hagi Michihiko for the Japanese Ike, and have Japanese VA as an option. He's really good IMO.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm in favour of a new VA.

I'm not much of a traditionalist, so I'm not at all attached to Jason Adkins. Nintendo has changed so, so, so much since Brawl, and have actual proper talent scouting and resources. I would like to see who they can come up with. That said, they should keep Hagi Michihiko for the Japanese Ike, and have Japanese VA as an option. He's really good IMO.
Ike has a cool Japanese voice, but I'm not sure they're going to offer dual audio like Melee. I forget if Brawl had it since I didn't play it as much.

Hong

The Strongest
Ike has a cool Japanese voice, but I'm not sure they're going to offer dual audio like Melee. I forget if Brawl had it since I didn't play it as much.
They didn't.

Though Brawl had such a rough development, so I think it just didn't happen due to consequence. I know a lot of Japanese fans would love to have English VA, so I hope their plight doesn't fall on deaf ears.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They didn't.

Though Brawl had such a rough development, so I think it just didn't happen due to consequence. I know a lot of Japanese fans would love to have English VA, so I hope their plight doesn't fall on deaf ears.
Yeah, this game is about the only one that's had a normal development cycle, with a, at least, decent team size.
So anything that didn't appear in Brawl will probably appear on this game.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yeah, this game is about the only one that's had a normal development cycle, with a, at least, decent team size.
So anything that didn't appear in Brawl will probably appear on this game.
I like your optimism!

I wasn't aware some Japanese fans wanted English audio. Most of the game is traditionally in English, anyway, except for menus, lists, and the like. It might happen this time for them. Why? Well, there's only about a month between the Japanese and USA release, right? Seems a tad short to dub/translate the whole game, print, and ship it. They're likely to get a bit of a jump on the dub/translation, I think. So, like, point being... Maybe the dub will be done by the time of the Japanese release? Maybe they just need the month for printing and distribution? Maybe that's too much time to jusify that... I have no idea.

I mean, it used to take Nintendo months to translate, print and ship their English copies. I know they've gotten faster and all. I dunno.

I'm so stinking tired right now. Only had a little sleep. Worked all day. Helped my sister move into her apartment. Drama on the internet. It's been a full day!

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014

I actually liked his English voice work for SSBB, specifically how he exclaims "Aether" and that fierce scream he makes when using the same attack; I believe the latter dialogue would especially still fit his newly buffed appearance, making him look even more menacing. His death cries when KOed, however...

^-^

Hong

The Strongest
I wasn't aware some Japanese fans wanted English audio.
It's that way for many games. For example, a lot of Japanese SF4 players have the English character voices on.

There are a lot of Japanese fans that will say "English VA is better", just like how a lot of English fans will claim Japanese VA is better. As someone who can somewhat understand both, I'll say that IMO Brawl had better Japaense voice cast, but when Nintendo started to get good at finding voice talent, The English work generally found its edge. So far for Smash 4, I'm leaning towards the English voice staff, for what little we've had so far.

At the end of the day, a lot of why it sounds better is exotic appeal, which is 100% okay.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
When did this turn into a gay-straight argument...? I would throw in my opinion but I don't feel like contributing to this argument. It's kind of a tender one...

OH was looking at the wrong page :p

I prefer English Ike over a Japanese one. Just like I'm hoping Marth learns Ingresh for this Smash.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
My stance on Ike and relationships: He fights for his friends, but you'll get no sympathy from him. Is all you need to know. :p

Anyway, seconding Jason returning to voice Ike, but I can't say I wouldn't be intrigued by the idea of the language toggle from Melee coming back.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Yes, of course, we like him.

As disappointed that I am about this, I think the Peach mains have it far worse; they have waited for nearly a year now since her announcement, a little over ten months, to be exact. Despite her being announced much earlier than characters, like Zelda and Yoshi, she was not even playable at E3.

Like other Ike mains, I am really anxious to see actual gameplay footage of him, specifically how he plays compared to his SSBB incarnation. ^-^
thank you for mentioning peach ! it's very true :4peach:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Eruption is probably blue now, for what we see in the last trailer. That's enough for me until now.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
But of course we like Ike! It would be awesome if he were to appear in another Smash 4 trailer. xD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd like Ike to keep his current VA. Let's just say I'm pretty used to that voice, and a change would feel jarring.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Can't say I'd miss Jason, but I guess I kind of don't care. I mean, he's basically Ike now to me, but if he got replaced I wouldn't at all mind it.

Maybe it's because of how much "I fight for my friends" in that voice made me laugh when Brawl first came out.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Can't say I'd miss Jason, but I guess I kind of don't care. I mean, he's basically Ike now to me, but if he got replaced I wouldn't at all mind it.

Maybe it's because of how much "I fight for my friends" in that voice made me laugh when Brawl first came out.
The way he says that is pretty ridiculous. It made me lol at first, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom