• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
That would be the huge wedge guy from Kid Icarus. We saw him in the nintendo direct that happened before E3

He looks like he would be be as hell to play

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Since you can attack out of a pivot now when dashing, pivot tilts definitely seem like they have potential, especially uptilt depending on how it looks. If attack stick returns and they remove the double jump bug, that will probably allow pivot jabs if those return (and not possible otherwise).

Marth's counter appears to be very powerful, so Ike's is probably even moreso. It might not even require a strong attack to deliver a powerful counter afterwards.

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Since you can attack out of a pivot now when dashing, pivot tilts definitely seem like they have potential, especially uptilt depending on how it looks. If attack stick returns and they remove the double jump bug, that will probably allow pivot jabs if those return (and not possible otherwise).

Marth's counter appears to be very powerful, so Ike's is probably even moreso. It might not even require a strong attack to deliver a powerful counter afterwards.
Agreed. Tilt stick might even be the standard for Ike play this time due to the advantage of SDI going away.

By the way, it's nice to see you interested in this game. :reverse:

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why people thought he was going to get cut in the first place, glad he's returning

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I had a feeling Ike was going to stay. He already has an original moveset, and he's popular to boot.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Throws don't combo anymore from the general gist of things...

Pending RIP bthrow > dash attack

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Throws are likely to be a case-by-case basis. I wouldn't be surprised if dthrow becomes much better (Uthrow I have a feeling will still suck). Even if it doesn't change, we have a much larger advantage than before when forcing air dodges. Air dodging into the ground produces lag that can be more consistently punished. One of the most difficult aspects of brawl was trying to punish an obvious air dodge that could still simply get powershielded if you were unlucky.

Even if Ike loses the effectiveness of jab, his other aerials if left the same are quite conducive to the gameplay engine. Powerful spikes cause a bounce upon collision with the ground and increased hitstun will either allow combos or create scenarios where the opponent is forced to air dodge or attack with higher risk than before.

Lack of SDI might also make aether OoS or something more rewarding for its risk. I'm not 100% sure about this, but shields also appear to be slightly weaker. Hopefully, we receive better offensive options against shield such as more shield push or damage.

I also have a feeling dsmash will get nerfed just to troll us.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
From what I've read at the Link forum, d-smash for the said character is given horizontal knockback. It would be nice to see Ike being given this property as well; it is likely to remain his fastest smash attack.

Seeing the tremendous amount of buffs Link is receiving, I wonder how Ike would fare against him this time as well as against the other sword-wielding characters.

^-^

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am certain Ike will do a lot better against Marth this time.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't think many of us played in the last few years, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot more smash stick users. I couldn't be arsed to travel anymore and there was no one near me to play with + heavy schoolwork at that time. Sucks that it appears that Brawl seems to be on life support atm.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
brawl is the least spectator-friendly of the 3 competitive smash games atm (64 doesnt count), so naturally it's going to get overlooked. a shame really :c

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Been a month since Ike was revealed and my hype radar is still at threat level midnight
Well, we did see Ike use Aether on Marth in a screenshot when they revealed the generic arena stage for WiiU... but that's it.

Ike showed up and we still basically have nothing to go on except pure hype. BUT AT LEAST HE'S CONFIRMED. I'll be content with that for now, even if it is a little boring.

Hong

The Strongest
Looking at the roster, I can't think of anyone more information-starved than Ike fans. Even Diddy got a little revealed about his upcoming changes.

Even just something along the lines of what to expect would be nice. :054:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm hoping Ike will at least be involved in two out of the remaining PotDs for the week. He needs more love. It already sucks that he's the only character with no video footage so I'm hoping we can get more info soon for Speculation's sake.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, its weird how we've barely seen anything of Ike, though footage wise, it kinda makes sense that we didn't see Ike at E3 because all those trailers were planned well in advance. That said we'll probably see Ike in the FE newcomer trailer.

It would be nice to see Ike a bit more, but keep in mind that after Sonic's initial reveal he was barely seen for months.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Only two more PotDs for the week left...Ike is cold and lonely. Doesn't have any friends to fight for at the moment. He needs all of your sympathy.

Really though. As my main, this is pretty hard to deal with :(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Only two more PotDs for the week left...Ike is cold and lonely. Doesn't have any friends to fight for at the moment. He needs all of your sympathy.

Really though. As my main, this is pretty hard to deal with :(
'Eh, you'll get over it. At least he wasn't replaced like EVERYONE thought he would be (at least MOST everyone, anyway). That alone pleases me, I'll be content if we don't see much from Ike for a while.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
'Eh, you'll get over it. At least he wasn't replaced like EVERYONE thought he would be (at least MOST everyone, anyway). That alone pleases me, I'll be content if we don't see much from Ike for a while.
Hm, good point. The day he was revealed, I remember waking up my roommates due to hype. The only thing I really care to see is Quickdraw honestly. Other than that, I can deal with waiting it out since we don't have that far to go.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I remember the night Ike got revealed. I stayed up all night waiting for the POTD, not really expecting anything at all... but when I saw Ike, I lost it. I posted all the picks on this board as quick as I could and listened to this on loop:

I was so hyped, I didn't even go to sleep until like 5AM or something! Everybody was geeking out, Ike looked amazing, it was a good night.

Oh man, page 14 of this thread...

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I remember the night Ike got revealed. I stayed up all night waiting for the POTD, not really expecting anything at all... but when I saw Ike, I lost it. I posted all the picks on this board as quick as I could and listened to this on loop:

I was so hyped, I didn't even go to sleep until like 5AM or something! Everybody was geeking out, Ike looked amazing, it was a good night.

Oh man, page 14 of this thread...
It was a memorable day, friend. A very memorable day. Now here's to hoping this iteration of Ike will be a good deal better than in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom