• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I just hope they keep the thunderous sound effects of when his sword hits people.

D

Deleted member 212841

Ah so much for seeing Ike at E3. Looks like we'll have to content ourselves with POTDs and the 3DS release. :(

Hong

The Strongest
I get wanting Blue flames but I don't get why it really matters in the end.

Especially with the overreactions.
Cool your jets, princess.

The only overreaction here is yours. It doesn't bother people that much. Of course on a Smash enthusiast based website, players will have likely seen Ike in Project M, and have tasted what would be almost if not unanimously be agreed upon superior visual effect. Of course, we all know that whether or not the development staff is aware of this idea or even PM itself is left to question, the concept may had not come to light. And because it's a Smash enthusiast site, EVERYTHING will be analyzed. We know this isn't a gameplay detail. We are not going to say Ike is any worse of a character.

But you are far, far, far and away overreacting and exacerbating their response. A lot of people commented on it, but that doesn't mean they are making a big deal out of it. Hell, people made a bigger deal out of the idea Mario is randomly tripping (which obviously he isn't).

If you are getting emotionally worked up over people making a simple, innocent and honest comparison, then the only person that has to calm down is you.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Cool your jets, princess.

The only overreaction here is yours. It doesn't bother people that much. Of course on a Smash enthusiast based website, players will have likely seen Ike in Project M, and have tasted what would be almost if not unanimously be agreed upon superior visual effect. Of course, we all know that whether or not the development staff is aware of this idea or even PM itself is left to question, the concept may had not come to light. And because it's a Smash enthusiast site, EVERYTHING will be analyzed. We know this isn't a gameplay detail. We are not going to say Ike is any worse of a character.

But you are far, far, far and away overreacting and exacerbating their response. A lot of people commented on it, but that doesn't mean they are making a big deal out of it. Hell, people made a bigger deal out of the idea Mario is randomly tripping (which obviously he isn't).

If you are getting emotionally worked up over people making a simple, innocent and honest comparison, then the only person that has to calm down is you.
Huh? How did I overreact?

All I did was wonder why it even matters. lol

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Maybe Ike decided some friends aren't worth fighting for and didn't show up. :'(

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It doesn't really matter.

They made up Eruption for Ike, which is fine. But if you are going to make up a move, you may as well try to tie it to aspects of the character that are relevant where possible while still respecting the mechanics dictated by game balance and design.

There is no reason not to have blue flames for Ike. That's his legacy. It's written in stone.
That would be nice and all, except there is no reason to not have blue for Ike as well. It is not his legacy because we don't have any instances of Ike doing a similar attack in his games.
It is ok if you prefer blue over red (either way does it for me), but don't lie to me or yourself by telling me that it's "written in stone".
Debates like this are as pointless as the discussions about Sonic's eye color. It's kind of sad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

That would be nice and all, except there is no reason to not have blue for Ike as well. It is not his legacy because we don't have any instances of Ike doing a similar attack in his games.
It is ok if you prefer blue over red (either way does it for me), but don't lie to me or yourself by telling me that it's "written in stone".
Debates like this are as pointless as the discussions about Sonic's eye color. It's kind of sad.
Are you even reading what people are telling you ?_? I've seen it mentioned like 3 times already where blue fire is used in the games and where it's referenced. On top of that, all of your posts in this section of the boards recently (entirely even?) has been exclusively to be antagonistic about complaints over the lack of blue fire and then stubbornly insist on your baseless points while assuming an attitude of a higher rational ground. Is it really that hard to just shut up about it and play nice with others here?

While I'm ********, looks like another day without info on Ike. :[

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd prefer Ike's Theme from Brawl (It was the most memorable music from Radiant Dawn, for me), Ike's Resolution from PoR or Victory is Near.

All three are songs I heavily associate with Ike.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol everyone should chill.

It doesn't matter what colour it is, because Ike is back and thats really all that matters. I figure you should all know I'm going to be the king of ike for the first year or so, that's just how its gonna go :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nope. The Urvan isn't that strongly assosiated with Ike, so he shouldn't use it in Smash.

Better, make it an item so everyone can use it. :awesome:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Are you even reading what people are telling you ?_? I've seen it mentioned like 3 times already where blue fire is used in the games and where it's referenced. On top of that, all of your posts in this section of the boards recently (entirely even?) has been exclusively to be antagonistic about complaints over the lack of blue fire and then stubbornly insist on your baseless points while assuming an attitude of a higher rational ground. Is it really that hard to just shut up about it and play nice with others here?

While I'm *****ing, looks like another day without info on Ike. :[
Throwing me a tantrum, aren't we?
Yes, I'm reading them; twice as usual because I can't believe people make an issue of it. The references you so speak off that were pointed out were on the blue sword beam that Ragnell emits, which is by no means fire of any kind but energy or magic instead, yet people want to pretend it is. The second is on one of the final scenes of Radiant Dawn where Ike is covered in Yune's power in the form of blue fire (no fire emission coming from Ragnell whatsoever). Excluding those, during gameplay nor cut scenes you ever see Ike producing a blue flame in any form of attack.
Eruption is an attack original from Smash, whose animation is more or less based off the spell Bolganone. Now, the statements about getting the color "wrong" are incorrect, since there is just no "right" color for a move that we never see Ike performing in his source material. His title of "Hero of the blue flames" is a reference to Ike's journey, not because the guy wields blue flame abilities. Either color would have have been fine by me, but there is nothing wrong with red since, you know, the guy is making a freaking fiery explosion after all.
And no, thanks for the offer but I'm not gonna shut up about it. Don't like it? You can see yourself out anytime. Any way you see it, complaints about his fire color are no less stupid (Sonic's eye color anyone?).
Because there is no way I can sleep at night until they make Ike's Eruption flames blue, apparently.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
lol everyone should chill.

It doesn't matter what colour it is, because Ike is back and thats really all that matters. I figure you should all know I'm going to be the king of ike for the first year or so, that's just how its gonna go :p
I think you'll have a lot of competition from Ally. I was amazed at how well he did with Ike in PM!

The best moment is right near the end, where M2K and Ally are laughing so hard, they have to pause the game. It makes me laugh and smile every time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

Your vid's borke

Considering how it was a close set with M2K that's a pretty damn good Ike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i dunno, if we want to talk about Pm ikes, metroid is the best bet, he was good with him within like...a week.

I still got this. been maining ike for like 5 years now in brawl.

Commander

Smash Ace
Throwing me a tantrum, aren't we?
Yes, I'm reading them; twice as usual because I can't believe people make an issue of it. The references you so speak off that were pointed out were on the blue sword beam that Ragnell emits, which is by no means fire of any kind but energy or magic instead, yet people want to pretend it is. The second is on one of the final scenes of Radiant Dawn where Ike is covered in Yune's power in the form of blue fire (no fire emission coming from Ragnell whatsoever). Excluding those, during gameplay nor cut scenes you ever see Ike producing a blue flame in any form of attack.
Eruption is an attack original from Smash, whose animation is more or less based off the spell Bolganone. Now, the statements about getting the color "wrong" are incorrect, since there is just no "right" color for a move that we never see Ike performing in his source material. His title of "Hero of the blue flames" is a reference to Ike's journey, not because the guy wields blue flame abilities. Either color would have have been fine by me, but there is nothing wrong with red since, you know, the guy is making a freaking fiery explosion after all.
And no, thanks for the offer but I'm not gonna shut up about it. Don't like it? You can see yourself out anytime. Any way you see it, complaints about his fire color are no less stupid (Sonic's eye color anyone?).
Because there is no way I can sleep at night until they make Ike's Eruption flames blue, apparently.
The blue sword beam is fire just as Lehran's Amulate emits blue fire(which is why its called the Fire Emblem). Can you imagine what a large burst of fire would like if it just started in mid air and started moving incredibly fast? It would look exactly as it does in game. BTW, fire is also just the release of energy. In the final scene Ragnell is covered in the blue fire as well and was actually the first thing to get covered by the flames. The title "Hero of Blue Flames" comes from the act Ragnell, the Fire Emblem, and Ike himself all emitted blue flames and were the central pieces of his story. Eruption as a reference to Bolganone is irrelevant as it would still reference the spell fine with blue fire.
Here it is clearly shown as a blue wave of fire in PoR.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm pretty sure the sword beams in PoR are the "samurai compressed air" attack trope that's so common in Japanese culture, and has little to nothing to do with fire.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I guess the guy or gal that makes them is too busy. Maybe if someone has some meager Photoshop skills, they could just make one to fit past templates, and email it to a bunch of mods or something.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
feel like they would get annoyed at me

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I would legit do it if I had Photoshop. MS Paint just isn't going to get those nice shading effects right in a million years.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I would legit do it if I had Photoshop. MS Paint just isn't going to get those nice shading effects right in a million years.
u can get a trial and do it maybe?

Commander

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the sword beams in PoR are the "samurai compressed air" attack trope that's so common in Japanese culture, and has little to nothing to do with fire.
I have no idea what this trope is. Also the tempest blade and wind edge in RD are the ones that shoot air. Yune's power comes in the form of blue flames from both the Medallion and her self. Since Ragnell is blessed by Ashera, wouldn't it make sense for its power to also come in the form of blue flames? Also if it wasn't fire, why is it emitting so much light?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I have no idea what this trope is. Also the tempest blade and wind edge in RD are the ones that shoot air. Yune's power comes in the form of blue flames from both the Medallion and her self. Since Ragnell is blessed by Ashera, wouldn't it make sense for its power to also come in the form of blue flames? Also if it wasn't fire, why is it emitting so much light?
Magic.

It just doesn't look anything like fire at all, regardless of the color.

Commander

Smash Ace
Magic.

It just doesn't look anything like fire at all, regardless of the color.
It is moving through the air. Can you even imagine fire moving through the air? The answer is no because for that to happen the entire atmosphere has to be on fire. The fact Lehran's Medallion and Yune emit blue fire is due to magic. Magic is not a valid explanation even in a world with magic. The nature of the magic is blue fire. Energy is released as fire. Therefore it is overwhelmingly likely that Ragnell shoots blue fire over everything else.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am telling you that because it is. Being the hero of blue flames is what he is described as in Awakening.

Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom