• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Social Thread

Commander

Smash Ace
You all have to play on Jungle Japes. It could potentially be one of the best Ike stages there is. Like Falco you can use QD to instantly grab ledges however if you charge them longer you can go under the stage and grab the ledge on the other side.
#FsmahFollowUps

metroid1117

Smash Master
What's you guys' most satisfying combo to land? Mine is F/BThrow -> sweetspot DACUS, since it's DI-dependent (meaning that your opponent really messed up on their DI), DACUS'ing is fun, and the sweetspot is absolute destruction.

Commander

Smash Ace
QD attack> front of bair> fair. QD attack> utilt> something(changes a lot). Those are combos that come up for me that are memorable.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Last year I alway thought Ike would win in a Vs. Link matchup, but since the Metagame's grown since then, the matchup would probably be a little harder for Ike players.
I hope Ike mains know how to AGT. Them bombs are scary.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
What's you guys' most satisfying combo to land? Mine is F/BThrow -> sweetspot DACUS, since it's DI-dependent (meaning that your opponent really messed up on their DI), DACUS'ing is fun, and the sweetspot is absolute destruction.
Week hit Dair to Bair offstage makes me giddy. I'm pretty sure I became an Ike main when I saw metroid do that haha!

Last year I alway thought Ike would win in a Vs. Link matchup, but since the Metagame's grown since then, the matchup would probably be a little harder for Ike players.
I hope Ike mains know how to AGT. Them bombs are scary.
Not if he's too busy pulling Ragnell out of his butt to even reach for his bomb bag. :awesome:

Commander

Smash Ace
It would be cool if it could be recolored to be the Black Knight's armor instead. I don't really care for Hector.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If you are an Ike fan you wouldn't like that ****, it contradicts what Ike stands for...Damn I hate that armoured Ike, it doesn't fit the model it doesn't fit the hair, the headband doesn't fit, Ike doesn't wear that **** because Ike only wear armor that cover his vital spots...

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Wait what the Link MU with Ike is easy? how?
Well, its mainly speculation on my part. I've seen Links do some crazy stuff with their bombs in tournaments, such as boomerang, throw their bomb, it hits the boomerang, and they get a direct hit when the person climbs up.

Commander

Smash Ace
If you are an Ike fan you wouldn't like that ****, it contradicts what Ike stands for...Damn I hate that armoured Ike, it doesn't fit the model it doesn't fit the hair, the headband doesn't fit, Ike doesn't wear that **** because Ike only wear armor that cover his vital spots...
Don't worry bro. Your waifu, Ikey-kun, is still pure and innocent under all that armor.

The Link match up is even. As long as Ike stays sword distance from Link and blocks all projectiles with nair or something there is very little to worry about. When played right the match up is probably in Ike's favor due having more reach than Link after blocking out projectiles. Link's options at close range are close to the same speed as Ike, I think Ike has a few faster options while Link has his up-b, but because he has a shorter reach it is easy to deal with.

Last edited:

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
The Link match up is even. As long as Ike stays sword distance from Link and blocks all projectiles with nair or something there is very little to worry about. When played right the match up is probably in Ike's favor due having more reach than Link after blocking out projectiles. Link's options at close range are close to the same speed as Ike, I think Ike has a few faster options while Link has his up-b, but because he has a shorter reach it is easy to deal with.
Ike, the king of even match ups

May your matches be forever undecided :)

SparkingZero

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry bro. Your waifu, Ikey-kun, is still pure and innocent under all that armor.

Wow really? I am completely baffled on Links, maybe because I just play people who are simply better than me? Im not sure.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

That's not funny,and stop being smartass because you're not ?! I could get banned now for flaming, if I didn't know better...

Commander

Smash Ace
That's me, I've embraced Ike since 2004, and now this twerp who only knows him of Smash come to me and talk **** ?! like hell man !
Embraced Ike since 04? That's cute. I voted for Ike in '52. Fought under him in the 30s and 40s too.

GeZ

Smash Lord
That's me, I've embraced Ike since 2004, and now this twerp who only knows him of Smash come to me and talk **** ?! like hell man !
You gotta get tourney results before you can talk **** though. And even then, smash community is more good natured than most.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You gotta get tourney results before you can talk **** though. And even then, smash community is more good natured than most.
They are indeed, which makes me a little bit sad, I like a heated discussion, but I think I will tone it down a little now. And about the tourney stuff, the thing is I live in a place where they consider Smash a kids game, which makes me more agitated, man my country is so mainstream! liking Smash makes you a hipster in this country goddamit and I hate hipsters!

Embraced Ike since 04? That's cute. I voted for Ike in '52. Fought under him in the 30s and 40s too.
Again quit being a smartass, it's so not funny man....anyway I request peace, I don't want to derail stupidity furthermore, so I will be mature about it and I will apologize : I'm sorry if I insulted you....

Last edited:

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
The Link MU is an MU that requires practise. If both Ike and Link went into a match without any prior MU experience, I think Link would easily win. Ike can only get even MU's if the player does his/her research to understand Ike's tools in each MU.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Real tho, armored ike looks pretty bad

it's like someone photoshopped ike's head onto it without a care in the world for proportions

GeZ

Smash Lord
Real tho, armored ike looks pretty bad

it's like someone photoshopped ike's head onto it without a care in the world for proportions
I don't agree in the slightest. Armored Ike is awesome and anyone who doesn't agree is probably a homosexual communist.

*awaits infraction for disagreeing with mod*

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If I give you a infraction it's less for disagreeing with me and more for calling me a homosexual communist.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Then I'd have to appeal to the infraction as well as your sense of humor.

It's obvious jokes dude :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom