• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Social Thread

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Purple pubes oh mah gawd haha!

I think Ike is one of the more flashy characters in the game. So far from boring. But to each their own I guess. Slow? Nah.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The only humorous thing about it is that it's blatant truth.

Ike is the sluggish, sword-wielding triceratops of PM, and nothing will ever put him on par with Fox. :)

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Get the TC in here, the Ike topic is no more! Today and forever, this is the Trikeceratops Social Thread!

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Can you imagine that massive thing with a jump cancel-able quick draw tho??? Oh gawd

Trikeceratops SSS tier!!!

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Deviant ********! How will Fox tell his little foxlets that their top spot on the tier list will be lost to a herbivorous prey animal?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0SkUiiEZdE

In other news, I was playing around with Purple Pubes again today and realized he's actually somewhat agile with good stage movement and QD shenanigans. So, I have to correct myself. Trikeceratops doesn't move like a heavy-ass dino, he moves like a heavy-ass dino with roller blades.

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I like what I see dude!

You're better than me :awesome:

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just came here to say that....I've been using Ike a lot more lately, and I'm improving so much faster than I did with other characters. I guess swinging around a huge sword and playing Soul Reaper helps anyone, but it seems like my spacing has improved, I'm not overly defensive anymore, and my punish game has gotten a lot better with Ike's great options in that department.

I'm converted from the heathen. **** Fox, **** Samus, **** everyone. ALL HAIL TRIKECERATOPS!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
What the hell are you plebs doing? Green Trike master race. Only my guys Hoboz and Bryanato know what's up.

Your favorite Ike color cannot compete with that, no matter how hard it tries.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep, I'm sure to forget that the next time too, so it's probably not worth mentioning.

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, what kinda followups and combos should I be going for against fast fallers? I realized recently that I have next to no experience against fast fallers, and I want to be prepared for them. The only time I did verse a fox in tournament, all my regular followups didn't work, and the only reason why I almost won is cause I was versing a mainly melee player who didn't have any matchup knowledge, allowing me to get some easy edgeguards with jump off and walk off fair.

Commander

Smash Ace
Hey guys, what kinda followups and combos should I be going for against fast fallers? I realized recently that I have next to no experience against fast fallers, and I want to be prepared for them. The only time I did verse a fox in tournament, all my regular followups didn't work, and the only reason why I almost won is cause I was versing a mainly melee player who didn't have any matchup knowledge, allowing me to get some easy edgeguards with jump off and walk off fair.
Up throw/up tilt till you can get bair/fair. I they fall to fat for you during that time you can sometimes still squeeze in ftilts.

metroid1117

Smash Master
In general, stick to UThrow and you can do pretty much whatever you want at mid-high %s. On platforms, you can set up UAir, UTilt, or waveland -> regrab tech chases. On FD, you can QD -> (pivot) JC grab if they try DI'ing away. You can treat it similarly to the Marth-spacie chaingrab except you NAir instead of UTilt, then end with (QD -> RAR) BAIr.

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving the ike representation at low tier city 2! You had some pretty hype matches, sparkingzero, but you didn't make it out of your pool, right? :( It's a shame you couldn't win that match against K9, but that moment at 2:12 omg so hype.

Top Bottom