• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Social Thread

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Surprising how inactive the Ike forum is considering he is a really popular character, that is about to change though I bet.

JTsm

Smash Master
So I'm guessing Ike got nerfed a little for 2.5?

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
I wish I were good at maining more than one character at a time, otherwise I would still actively practice/use this guy =/.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I'll have to ship my wii up here to go at P:M again.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Killed a guy off-stage horizontally with the end hit of a reverse Nair ;)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Soooo.... Did anyone find any good Ike combos in 2.5 so far?
I think people are just being quiet because he was a reasonably-explored character in Demo 2.1. He has all of is 2.1 combos, but in addition to that, he can FThrow/BThrow -> DACUS (only works on certain characters/percents and isn't a true combo, but it's close to one) and reverse NAir -> DACUS (certain characters/percents but is a true combo).

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I think people are just being quiet because he was a reasonably-explored character in Demo 2.1. He has all of is 2.1 combos, but in addition to that, he can FThrow/BThrow -> DACUS (only works on certain characters/percents and isn't a true combo, but it's close to one) and reverse NAir -> DACUS (certain characters/percents but is a true combo).
Forgive my n00bness, but what does DACUS stand for?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there a surefire way to know you did the dash cancel grab besides the extra distance? How many methods are there to do it concerning button inputs (C-stick? A?)

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Thank you sir, I believe I will now go and practice this move
This isn't really about Ike, but DACUS also works for the following characters (In Project M):

Snake, Marth, Lucas, G&W, Wario, ROB, Jigglypuff, Falco, Wolf, and Ganondorf (Strict timing with him)

Make sure to use it sparingly to not become predictable with it, however. And one tip to help you use DACUS is to set the R Button to Attack. Assuming you use L button to roll/tech and don't use the R button for anything else, that is.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i think that is better left for the imagination

also i don't watch glee

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
LOL

i stand corrected

oh you, Ike boards

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Okay Carroll, it's starting to look kind of gross: do I just put it inside a bunch of collapse tags with warnings?

I think could have chosen a funnier background

Not for minors
Not for minors, might give you an Eruption.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Ok pun hour

Ike's new tipper system in a nutshell
Ike fights for his blondes
Rudolf the red nosed ike, all the other ike shouted out in Glee
So much eruption it's not even fair

boom pow thanks for listening thanks for watching have a good night

keep em' coming

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Thanks guys
No Apex, I'll be going to SCSYN though. I want to wear some sort of Ike cosplay at it, like his bandanna: currently no clue on how I'ma make it. Also I may be playing some Diddy since he's broken (confirmed by Leffen on the IE stream), that might make people confused why I'm wearing a bandanna albeit.

The last time I photoshopped Strong Bad (to be 9 feet tall and have a monkey mask) he didn't give me consent to post it =(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ike makin sweet love to blondie makes my day

Top Bottom