• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Has One of the Best Aerial Games In Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Easy question.
Do you agree with the topic title.
This is my list over time, playing people online, for aerials.
Ike>Mario
Ike>Wario
Ike>Metaknight
Ike>Falco
Ike>Marth
Ike=Dedede
Ike>Link
Ike=Toon Link
Ike>Ganondorf
Ike>Fox
Ike=Wolf
Ike>Luigi
Ike>Kirby
Ike=Pit
Ike=Snake
Ike<Pikachu
Ike<Ivysaur
Ike>Charizard
Ike>Squirtle
Ike>Zelda
Ike>Sheik
Ike=Sonic
Ike>Link
Ike>Jigglypuff
Ike>Bowser
Ike=Donkey Kong
Ike>Samus
Ike=Zamus
Ike=Olimar
Ike>Captain Falcon
Ike>Diddy Kong
Ike>Lucario
Ike=Ike
Ike>Yoshi
Ike>Peach
Ike>Game & Watch
Ike>Lucas
Ike>Ness
Ike>Ice Climbers

Discuss. I will change advantages if many people say otherwise to the data.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh....... :urg:

Yeah................

That's all I have to say...

(The Ike forums make me cry sometimes....)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Uh...

Did you just make a whole list of aerial rankings?

Regardless of whether or not he has a good aerial game (Which I think he does), this would have been better off as an analysis of the aerials themselves.

Also:

Ike>Ness
Ike>Metaknight
Ike>Peach
Ike>Jigglypuff
Ike>Wario

Those characters have some of the best air games, and you think Ike is better than them? And you also think Ike is EQUAL to Snake, a character with a poor air game?

•Col•

Smash Champion
10failures

edit: Honestly don't ask for help or reasons why you are so horribly off it would be easier and faster to travel to a dark hole and die.
Uh, was that directed at me? D: If so, I probably deserved it...

Oh well.

Uh...

Did you just make a whole list of aerial rankings?

Regardless of whether or not he has a good aerial game (Which I think he does), this would have been better off as an analysis of the aerials themselves.

Also:

Ike>Ness
Ike>Metaknight
Ike>Peach
Ike>Jigglypuff
Ike>Wario

Those characters have some of the best air games, and you think Ike is better than them? And you also think Ike is EQUAL to Snake, a character with a poor air game?
You forgot about G&W and Marth...... Also, Lucario has a really good aerial game too.... And everyone else...

A bunch of characters have a better air game than Ike.... Not saying his is bad or anything, but certainly not even close to being the best in the game...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You forgot about G&W and Marth...... Also, Lucario has a really good aerial game too.... And everyone else...

A bunch of characters has a better air game than Ike.... Not saying his is bad or anything, but certainly not even close to being the best in the game...
Yeah, he's not in the top tier of air games for sure. I might put him at spot 9 or 10 air game wise, but it's not super easy to decide that.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Seems like a lot of testing was put into it, so I don't wanna all out dismiss it.

But if you think Ike has better air game than most characters, it's probably because of Wi-Fi (Yeah, I'm gonna place the blame on the lag).

Yes Ike has a lot of range, but most characters have more speed into their aerials. Therefore Ike doesn't exactly "win" in aerial games.

I don't wanna call this thread a failure though. Perhaps we can fix it?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
no I ment it at him. at 1st I was just going to quote you then felt like adding the black hole comment.

edit: I don't think this has any testing at all and if it does then it was poorly done.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, can I have what ever you're smoking. I'm sorry, but I agree with everyone else that posted above me. I assume that you're basing your conclusions on range, if so, there's more to aerial combat than pure range; most of the characters that you mentioned Ike to be superior to (in terms of aerial combat) do indeed lack range but are more than capable of juggling Ike. And I put a thumbs down for Ike>Kirby and Ike>Marth since I play against these characters most of the time and to me are kings of the sky (I'm not saying meta or any of the other cast since I have fought many of them). Also R.O.B also gets Ike (perhaps just me) good in the air)

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Z-Air > Ike, when approaching by air.

Samus, Link, and possibly Toon Link can therefore.. you know. You should reconsider.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Another point I would like to bring up:

You say that he loses to Ivysaur's air game, however, Ivysaur's aerial game is one of his weaker points; he should mostly be on the ground. Then, you say he beats Charizard in the air, who is many, many times better than Ivysaur up there.

You, sir, get the fail of the day award.

•Col•

Smash Champion
QFT. Z-air ***** Ike's airial approaches and recovery.
You would know something about that after you match against Xyro, right? :p

Lol, just kidding..... I wish I could play against him to get my *** handed to me...

Ugh... I'm a *******... D:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Took the words right outta my mouth. :laugh: I didn't wanna say anything.
Aw, geez... D:

If you're gonna quote me on that, at least also quote the part where I said "I'm a *******".... :urg:

I didn't mean it, XACE!!!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, I can say that for range and power Ike is second to none, but he still lacks speed.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Ike has good aerials.....mediocre at best. But it's not even "really" good. It's far from best.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You say that he loses to Ivysaur's air game, however, Ivysaur's aerial game is one of his weaker points; he should mostly be on the ground.
This proves that the OP went mostly off of range, because Ivy's bair has massive range... and that's about all it has on its own... and some auto-cancel. Ivysaur is not really that good in the air.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The only decent air attack he has is his back air.
Wrong, very wrong.

His Dair is a very powerful spike and still makes for a good attack if the spike doesn't hit,his Fair is infamous for being the longest in the game, his nair makes for a good "shield" and has no landing lag if done right, finally his Uair can attack from the top front of him and recoils to his upperback which can hit an opponent even after they airdodge the first attack if done right.

All this said, Ike still has a good air game, but nowhere near as good as some of the other characters do.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
**Ike>Captain Falcon**

Ummm.... This should be the other way around. Through my own testing I've found Falcon's aerial game is far superior to Ike's.. Like, by miles.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Ike>MetaKnight
wth O_O
Well, he has a bigger sword and better reach in the air, but he lags much more than Meta Knight, you just have to trick him to best Meta Knight air game.

Back on Track, this list is a little to confusing, Ike can't stay in the air that long compare to most chacters on the rouster.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
In aerial game, do you mean range, priority, damage, or speed? His aerials are sure laggy and easily punishable

__V

Smash Journeyman
Easy question.
Do you agree with the topic title.
This is my list over time, playing people online, for aerials.
Ike>Mario
Ike<Wario
Ike<Metaknight
Ike<Falco
Ike<Marth
Ike<Dedede
Ike>Link
Ike>Toon Link
Ike>Ganondorf
Ike<Fox
Ike=Wolf
Ike<Luigi
Ike<Kirby
Ike=Pit
Ike>Snake
Ike<Pikachu
Ike>Ivysaur
Ike>Charizard
Ike<Squirtle
Ike>Zelda
Ike<Sheik
Ike>Sonic
Ike>Link
Ike<Jigglypuff
Ike>Bowser
Ike>Donkey Kong
Ike<Samus
Ike<Zamus
Ike<Olimar
Ike>Captain Falcon
Ike<Diddy Kong
Ike<Lucario
Ike=Ike
Ike>Yoshi
Ike<Peach
Ike<Game & Watch
Ike>Lucas
Ike>Ness
Ike>Ice Climbers

Discuss. I will change advantages if many people say otherwise to the data.
Fixed. You're delusional.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Fixed. You're delusional.
I think Toon Link and Pit have better air games as well...

Also, Ike=Ike? Wtf? It should be Ike>Ike...... I don't know wtf you were thinking when you put that... o_O You're the one who is delusional...

D

Deleted member

I think all air games are equal, since you can choose not to fight in the air by mashing air dodge.

stupid bad mechanics.

Um...no.

If Ike's aerials were so great, he would be able to utilize them more.

Can he use them defensively in the Air? No

Can he fend characters off stage with his aerials (without getting killed)? No.

Can he gimp with them? No

Can he ledge hop with them effectively? No

Can they kill him? Yes.

I will hand it too him though, his Nair is decent, and his Fair is OK for spacing.

Ike>Meta Knight?

Pssh! *****, slap yourself.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Um...no.

If Ike's aerials were so great, he would be able to utilize them more.

Can he use them defensively in the Air? No
Retreating/spaced fairs and nairs... <_<

Can he fend characters off stage with his aerials (without getting killed)? No.
Fairs and bairs...

Can he gimp with them? No
Dair. Nuff said.

Can he ledge hop with them effectively? No
Ledge hopped nair

Can they kill him? Yes.

I will hand it too him though, his Nair is decent, and his Fair is OK for spacing.

Ike>Meta Knight?

Pssh! *****, slap yourself.
He's definitely not the best, but you're making him seem worse than he actually is.

You're a biased Marth main. Get out of here.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
You forgot R.O.B. in the list!

Go add R.O.B. > Ike now Cause obviously R.O.B. has top arials.

A little lacking from below and in the back though but yeah.... Fair and Nair are too great to discribe.

He's definitely not the best, but you're making him seem worse than he actually is.

You're a biased Marth main. Get out of here.
How am I biased? Marth is my main in Melee. I generally don't have a main in Brawl, but I play with several characters.

Marth, Pit, Fox, Falco, Kirby, Meta Knight, Peach, Mario, Sonic, Ike (Yes...), Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus and others.

1.I should have worded the first one better. When I said defensively in the air I meant recovering.

2. You won't be able to do anything to an opponent who can sweet spot the edge. His edge game can simply be out spaced.

3. That's not a gimp. It's a spike, and a rather bad one at that considering that it's a semi- sex kick type aerial that knocks the opponent up if you don't hit it on time.

4. He can ledge hop but he can't do it EFFECTIVELY. Hell, you can ledge hop Fairs with Ike, but you would need a lot of frame precision to do so. Ledge hopping aerials are also used to space away from the edge (Such as Marth's or Peach's Fair that can go through the edge). Ike doesn't have that many options for retreating at the ledge with his aerials (He does have Fair and Uair). And if he can only ledge hop NAir a player will expect that and punish him.

I swear the Brawl boards are full of whiners.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You're biased because you made 4 claims that were blatantly untrue, I'd say biased was a conservative description of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom