• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike cheats...

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's what I do to people who go all aerial. Why put myself in harms way when I can throw a freaking two handed sword at them?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ike 4 top tier now.

j/k

In all seriousness, I think it's what Ussi said; I've had some weird instances even in Melee where Pikachu was hit out of Quick Attack from odd spots.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Question: Did you k.o. the Pikachu after hitting him with that Usmash?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Seems like almost everyone ignored that this shows one of those phantom hit boxes like snake has. You can see pikachus path he didn't go trough the circle. Plus he would have been hit sooner not all the way up there.

edit: Ryko in that video when you got launched you air dodged. you should be using Bair to regain control as its much more effective. I survived squirtles D throw at 160% that way at the edge of SV.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Sarcasm?

Sorry, I haven't played Brawl in a few months... Plus I almost never get to fight any Pikachu's... I can't remember kill %'s off the top of my head...
According to my research in Training Mode at FD, Pikachu should die from a grounded USmash at 92%. However, characters die at higher %s in Training Mode, FD seems to have a higher ceiling than Lylat Cruise, Ike's USmash doesn't send opponents straight up (it would kill SOOOO much sooner if it did :(), and it looks like the Pikachu that Rykoshet killed was DI'ing up, which resulted in the exceedingly early KO.

•Col•

Smash Champion
According to my research in Training Mode at FD, Pikachu should die from a grounded USmash at 92%. However, characters die at higher %s in Training Mode, FD seems to have a higher ceiling than Lylat Cruise, Ike's USmash doesn't send opponents straight up (it would kill SOOOO much sooner if it did :(), and it looks like the Pikachu that Rykoshet killed was DI'ing up, which resulted in the exceedingly early KO.
Oh wait, so the Pikachu actually was k.o.ed then? xD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey Ryko, I just want to ask, why didn't you attempt to try and counter any of Pikachu's Skull Bashes? Just didn't think about it or something?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu is stupid to recover with Skull bash against Ike. Ike can dtilt/dair before he gets to the stage

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol easier said then done. I know returning with Skull bash is risky but sometimes you have to. and im perfectly aware of Ikes options which is why when I SB'ed back to the map i was sure to not try to land to close to him so I was able to get away. the one time I hit him with it was on purpose. its a surprise to alot of people who arent expecting a lingering attack in the air at short range. a quick mind game is always good.

Ryko, after seeing that, it was BS lmfao... Your atk wasnt even near me. and normally i would have some explination for it but this time I don't. I honestlly dont know how that happen.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
^^

You're the Pikachu, huh? I don't know what it is with me but I always happen to catch Pikachu's using their SB and just by instinct readying counter. I never go for the power kills/gimp kills just as Ussi mentioned, but maybe I have it stuck in my head that SB is already pwoerful enoguh to support the knockback and damage for counter.

Oh, and there's some joke running on the Ike boards, we say "Ike doesn't care if you dodged" but in this case, dodged would be replaced with "out of range." :laugh:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
RJ, maybe we should play some time~ (Since we went to the same tourney, means we can do it again)

Except I main pikachu too ;o So i know Pikachu inside out

iRJi

Smash Champion
O_o we did? -_- My mind lives in the gutter about remembering people. Only thing I remember as of right now is Keitaro and Double lazering and how to change the flow of that. Of course, Lucario would just have to handel that issue when the time comes and trust me keitaro, the time will come...

But sure. Ill play you next time we meet up.

Edit: Pikachu is my 2nd in command btw lol, Tied with rob,fox, and kirby =D (R00kie fox status =D) My main is lucario lmao =]. But a pikachu ditto or any other match against you would be fun =P

Double edit: Zodiac Braves all day! and i really have to make room to put that somewhere.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
so pikachu gains body mass when he up Bs? Kind of odd but I'd like it if U smash had some phantom hit box instead. Of course this is all very easy to test just hit pikachu with something else while he up bs and hit someone else with u smash from the same distance.

Top Bottom