• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, I've heard a lot of bad things about Cheese, and I've let them be, cause you know...maybe he just got on the bad end of luck...but this is taking it too far .-.

Eff you guys, I'm gonna hardcore cheat next bi-weekly. I'm gonna accuse San of racial slander.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
That Pierce post was kinda disappointing. He was writing that post as if he could predict what was going to happen. Not to diss Pierce cuz I actually respect the guy, but it's not very convincing when you keep saying something's gonna happen after the fact.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San, you should apply for vVv...get that sponsorship going so your traveling is paid. I wanna see you in the next smash drama asap.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was already almost DQd for being almost an hour early. Never again. Right now I need to get over my Etrian Odyssey 3 addiction, almost beat the game... But I got to play New Game + and get the 2 alternate endings...

TBQH, I couldn't really care less about all the drama, and neither do I hate Cheese for just pointing out the rules. Lulz things were done by most of the people at Vegas, anyways *shrug*. I would call him out on snitching though, but it's not like the other guys liked him anyways as far as I could tell.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
"My opponent arrived too early and didn't give me time to prep up! DQ him plox"

(wtf seriously, how do you get CLOSE TO DQ'd for arriving early??!?!"

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
By broke, you mean it's the same as it's always been?

@Ussi, it's because they started the next round an hour early. Not to mention it took like 30-40 minutes waiting for the bus. This was at MLG Orlando.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Oh, nvm.
Just hard refreshed the page and it's fine.

What's the cash prizes at MLG Dallas? I've heard from around $12,000....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He's rarely posted, but the MLG discussion thread made by M2K, he made some pretty ******** posts. That thread is moving way too fast for me though.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sorry Nys, quitting while I'm ahead!

Jiggs ftw.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Played Nys and a Toon Link player on wifi just moments ago. After a while I started going Jiggs. It was.. what you expect after playing my jiggs Ussi =)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes, I used awesome face puff and everything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
straw hat puff is where its aaaat

yoo I want to fight your jiggs again... let me know when you're gonna be in a tourney in PA or NJ..

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry Nys, quitting while I'm ahead!

Jiggs ftw.
*Shakes fist in the air*

I'll have your Jiggs' head one of these days. Like maybe one day when you fall asleep while playing and some scrub takes your controller, and I count the win anyways.

It'll happen. Just you wait.

:034:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My jiggs did fall asleep that last match.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm not amazing like jiggs so I can't do that. There's still hope. (and seriously, you had me in the beginning with DK, I just used your lack of experience tbqh)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Now that you mention it, you're the only Jiggs player I've fought other than Zen, and I haven't played him in like a year. I wasn't expecting my DK to do as good as my Ike but I found it easier to space you with DK, at least for the first two stocks. Obviously the ending wasn't my finest spacing moment. :denzel:

For those curious: San hits me off-stage, starts using Sing, I have plenty of time to punish Sing, preferably with something like a Paunch, instead I go for a sneaky Bair, I miss, land next to him, fall asleep, eat a rest, die.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Because the MU is basically me having to poke your shield, punishing your landings, grabs, and aerial walls onstage. (and DK is good at preventing at least 2 of these) It's not that hard to maneuver around offline. DK just never dies and punishes hard, though.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*reads M2K's MLG topic*

*looks at my comments on how cheaters change their argument later on as more proof comes out in ADHD's topic*

*looks at ADHD admitting he was hiding at least some of what happened in order to try to protect M2K*

I called it. Hard read. GG. Not that anyone in those topics will admit it due to how they are wording it. >_>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, I can understand it. They did something that was against the rules, for which the punishment was a ban from one of the tourneys. I see no reason that they should get special treatment just because they're two of the top players, what kind of message would that send? MLG did the right thing IMO.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Agreed, Nys.
What bothers me is that so much of the community is willing to try to get them to go anyways. The deeds been done, and they have to pay. The message this sends to me is that people are okay with big named players bypassing the rules just because they are top players, and that's unsettling.

Unfortunate timing, of course. Unfortunate scenario.
But they shoulda just kept their yaps shut. Would've saved everyone on SWF a drama or two.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
They have to pay for what exactly? ADHD not agreeing to split? (he didn't clearly disagree, though, so what he implied may have been misinterpreted by other parties.) If it's just about the decision to give a fraction ( a little over 1/10 ignoring tax) of the prize winnings to someone (which didn't happen), AFTER the tournament, that doesn't matter because he already won.

You speak that he has to pay if he's automatically guilty. What is he guilty of? If you can answer that, maybe I might understand your view, but I saw nothing wrong-- only M2k's proposed split which ADHD didn't want (because he knew he was going to win anyways).

I think it was wrong for MLG to post this so suddenly without checking facts at all. My respect for MLG was already almost in the negatives(++ respect for MLG staff, AZ, venue ----- for everything else), and now it's even lower. Now MLG is in a corner because they can't go back on their word, or they probably don't want to, for whatever reason.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't be bothered to fish out the posts, but pretty much whatever -Ran says in that "the truth" thread.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I didn't read every page. I skipped around and read like 5-7 each time before skipping a few more, so I did not see his post. If it's something along the lines of "deal with it, bend over for MLG" then I disagree.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Agreed, Nys.
What bothers me is that so much of the community is willing to try to get them to go anyways. The deeds been done, and they have to pay. The message this sends to me is that people are okay with big named players bypassing the rules just because they are top players, and that's unsettling.
They're ignorant.

That's basically what it boils down to. They aren't used to thinking that they won't get a second chance if they say "sorry". It's rather rare that you do in fact get a second chance for that. It's MLG's rules, they get the final say, "boycotting" won't work, that's how life works. They need a dose of reality: M2K and ADHD being banned might help.

I doubt it will though. Ignorance is bliss.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That's only if they 100% no questions asked conspired and fixed the brackets, which I don't see. I've told multiple people before playing them that I wasn't playing well at all that day. Should the people that beat me (and me) be banned because I told them that I wasn't playing well and lost? Or the people who was wining and lost to me due to various reasons?

I would be fine with this whole thing if MLG didn't jump the gun with their accusation (because on their site they can call black white and that's final)

The only shady part is M2k's proposed split, which is the only thing that should get singled out, because it's left to debate if/how it was shot down.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Unless it's 100% provable that they did nothing wrong, MLG has every right to ban them from Dallas. Seeing as there was in fact proposed splitting of money (already admitted to), M2K stating from before the tournament that he wasn't going to win, and him obviously not playing well in the third game, that ain't going to happen. The suspicions were brought up, they can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they are innocent of any wrong doing, they get the banhammer. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

You on the other hand, did not talk about exchanging cash with other players. No reason to believe that anything happened other than you not playing well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ran's posts had a lot of justification to them, and there were very little counter arguments back. I could go fish them out, but he had one too many, and it would be too much work. My advice is just to name search him and find his posts. One thing that does stand out to me is that you are pretty much entering a contract with MLG and you have to abide by the rules. In the local and nonMLG tourny community, splitting is a norm, and happens often. MLG enforces true competitive play, as in, you play to win and nothing else. I definitely understand that viewpoint, and it's a shame that both players didn't know the fine line of their contracts. Even if that chance is slim to beat ADHD, you gotta go out and try to do it. It's unfair to RichBrown, who had a better shot at beating M2K then he did ADHD. He pretty much got robbed of a lot of cash.

But yea, go find Ran's posts. It's on page 2-3...his main response to M2K.

On another note, some girl was giving BJs during SSF4 EVO LOL.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There was little chance for M2K to win if you were actually there, but I agree that it was higher if M2k had confidence in himself and tried to forget the controller johns.

Top Bottom