• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
good stuff ryo!

great, now this makes my relative success seem crappy XD
i came 7th in the national yesterday using ike for all except one match (olimar, you cant blame me)
also came 3rd in doubles using ike solely teaming with kirby

also, how do i find how many times ive posted in this thread?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
good stuff ryo!

great, now this makes my relative success seem crappy XD
i came 7th in the national yesterday using ike for all except one match (olimar, you cant blame me)
also came 3rd in doubles using ike solely teaming with kirby

also, how do i find how many times ive posted in this thread?
I have this strange feeling I shouldn't say as it may lead to unforeseen circumstances but oh well.

Click on the number of replies when viewing the list of threads for this board.

Also, "the national?" O.o Oh wait, you live in Europe >_> Nice job! Who'd you lose to?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
how have you not noticed im european yet? XD ah well

i lost to calzorz (no surprise, best in country) and hoe4u (**** pikachu)
the guy who does the brackets seems to make a sick joke out of constantly putting me against hoe4u and his banging pika XD ive gone against him in every event hes been to, ive only won one of the 4 encounters

also, i post in here a lot apparently

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Because I'm American and think that America is the only place in the world, like a real American should.

*Bandit Keith glasses*
sadly i know many like that exist XD
i personally go and look at the area that the person lives when i see a new person, but this is because everyone on the gaanon boards lives somewhere different

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ohhh yeah, I got about 7-8 consecutive reps of the boost pivot grab bthrow chain at my tourney yesterday. I suggest anyone who hasn't learned it should learn it. It's useful.
boost pivot grab bthrow chain?
this is when you do a dash attack and then a pivotgrab instantly right?
we got a vid on this?

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the gold wall on delfino high enough to F throw chain grab on? I've f throw chained people against it before at least...

EDIT: Seen at around the 1:16 mark of Sans video. Maybe it's cause it is against meta cause I've chained different others characters up against it, but haven't tried meta yet.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Isn't the gold wall on delfino high enough to F throw chain grab on? I've f throw chained people against it before at least...

EDIT: Seen at around the 1:16 mark of Sans video. Maybe it's cause it is against meta cause I've chained different others characters up against it, but haven't tried meta yet.
Maybe against like... Fox. Everyone else will pop up above the wall, just about.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So if they pop just above the wall, we can follow up with RAR Bair, right? It'd help to start using this on Delfino, if it works. I can't do the Bthrow CG for the life of me. I can Boost Pivot Grab, but there's just something about the tight space that gets me, and I manage to run into it most of the time.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So if they pop just above the wall, we can follow up with RAR Bair, right? It'd help to start using this on Delfino, if it works. I can't do the Bthrow CG for the life of me. I can Boost Pivot Grab, but there's just something about the tight space that gets me, and I manage to run into it most of the time.
Uhh, I forget if it's different for Attack Stick, but in the case of Smash Stick, you're doing the C-Stick Down + Back + Z too slowly. Try practicing the buffer out of Jab 1 to get a feel for it (in any space, not just against a wall). You can't wait for the dash to actually come out to do the boost pivot grab input.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bthrow CG is hard because as far as I know, you can't really buffer everything, you just have to time it right.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Bthrow CG is hard because as far as I know, you can't really buffer everything, you just have to time it right.
for those of us that cant, what is the frame advantage on bthrow, so that we can follow up with something from against the wall? is utilt fast enough?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Zatch, when you practice it, after your initial dash, just think about dashing the other direction as quickly as possible. Don't even think about the c-stick or grab-- after some minutes of practicing the input, those will just happen automatically. Focus on timing with the control stick, first on the initial dash after the bthrow, then on tapping/jamming it in the opposite direction as close to frame 1 as possible.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
for those of us that cant, what is the frame advantage on bthrow, so that we can follow up with something from against the wall? is utilt fast enough?
since a buffered dash attack hits, approximately 18-19 frames (+1 frame from dashing I think).

Lots of time to do many things.

Usually jabbing is the best damage potential attack we can do.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll try it when I can, thanks, Brett. Also, if we can buffer Dash attack after Bthrow up against a wall, will we get that upwards trajectory? Would we be able to follow this up with Bair, Uair, or Nair at certain percents?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
since a buffered dash attack hits, approximately 18-19 frames (+1 frame from dashing I think).

Lots of time to do many things.

Usually jabbing is the best damage potential attack we can do.
i see, so about 19 frames then.
this means we can ftilt them if we're close to the wall, i'd probably take this action for the off chance they fail to tech the ftilt or something

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dash attack may hit up, but I'm pretty positive we won't be able to followup with much.

It's been popular for some Ikes to time jab1 on people against the wall, and if they're about to SDI out, utilt or finish jab2+3.

Also, if there's some distance to the wall, we can throw them towards the wall, and we can combo off of the wall bounce pretty easily, and if not puts them in a bad position anyways.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
how long does it take before they bounce off the wall anyway? isnt at like 80%-ish?
Depends on how stale you have Bthrow. From what I've read, the staler, the better. If they do bounce off, I'd presume you could follow up with Jab or Utilt if they don't tech.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I think stale Bthrow will do the trick after about 110%-ish? No idea on fresh Bthrow, I don't know what that is. >_>

Never mind, I think I'm mixing up stale and fresh Bthrow.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This community makes me laugh

:phone:
let me guess, the unity ruleset discussion right? i saw you lurking

that **** is contagious, by the end even i started spouting utter ****

also, theres some new vids of me p on youtube

id rather no-one ever saw them, i was so so so bad, yet they got saved TT_TT

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it really does
it can do it though, its this magical thing most smashers havent heard of yet, its called 'commong sense' and 'letting things go' XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They say ban what isn't broken, but there is no line where broken is :|

MK shoulda been banned the moment he had no reliable weakness to exploit

Heartstring

Smash Legend
They say ban what isn't broken, but there is no line where broken is :|

MK shoulda been banned the moment he had no reliable weakness to exploit

oh youre for the ban?
personally i feel he shouldnt be banned, but that is just my opinion, mk dominance isnt an issue in europe

but the fact that people seem to be unable to reach a middleground on anything irritates me

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I play horrible on wifi, didn't even look at the vid.

EDIT: Oh, it's that match. w/e was just messing around with stuff.

Top Bottom