• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Was there a Survival in MvC2? I don't think there was....With such a smaller cast in this game, I don't even see the point.

And Score Attack was more or less Time Attack in that game, but I'm guessing MvC3 doesn't have that either?

And I love how they went from unlocking like 20+ (probably much more than that, but I don't remember) to just 4. Balance much?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i'm still not sure if i want it

hyperdimension neptune comes out the same day =/
Jrpg or fighter? hrmmmm

and yeah, no megaman isnt cool

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@ Ussi

To answer a previous question, I think the difference b/w fastfall and non-fastfall nair is mainy because of the distance between fast-fall landing lag and normal-fall landing lag in general.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe. I have nothing that can help me tell frame by frame.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The only difference I see between non-fast falled and fast falled aerials is the distance when retreating/moving forward. Makes sense since you have more time to move in the air if you aren't touching the ground as soon as you would with fast falling. Fast falling aerials shouldn't change the amount of lag on landing.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So, since my old SD card fried a long while back, I got a new one recently. I put some codes on it, but when I go into the Homebrew channel, nothing happens. Anybody got a diagnosis?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I use stack smash :s i got nothing to tell you

All i can ask is relative is, do you have all the files? the text file and such

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
lol bonus points for being in the basement XD
even more bonus points for no one ever coming down to bother you while in the basement XD

So, since my old SD card fried a long while back, I got a new one recently. I put some codes on it, but when I go into the Homebrew channel, nothing happens. Anybody got a diagnosis?

do you have the folders named correctly and everything?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My dad barely knows how to use a cellphone.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My dad barely knows how to use a cellphone.
Our family recently upgraded our phones, and both mom and dad got touch screen phones. Amazing how my mom has an easier time using that then an old phone. She's actually texting now...

San, you said you liked Lupe Fiasco right? Have you listened to his new song? The Show Goes On? He sampled Modest Mouse's Float On.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPmavtqcsDg

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Iphone4 is garbage. And there are rumors circulating the next Iphone will not be 5, but 4GS. Also, there are plenty of rumors on a Iphone Nano.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lupe Fiasco is the only "rap" (today's definition as opposed to Rhythmic African Percussion) that I have ever remotely enjoyed.
He doesn't like being called a rapper, though, which I like, because he distances himself from the crap.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He's actually not signed to any record label. I'm not gonna go into much detail about it, but he's a believer of the Illuminati, free masons, and such. I remember posting the series about the Music Industry being corrupted, and I guess he believes that stuff, hence why he makes his own music.

Lupe also has a rock band lol.

Edit: Side note, anyone find it funny how all these main stream scrubs found it awful that Arcade Fire won Best Album vs Lady Gaga and Eminem?

http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yup.

I hate today's music industry. I hate it pretty hard.
And I hate most of today's audiences for classical music and how performing music isn't a very special thing anymore. I had a long talk about stuff like this with my piano teacher today (yesterday).

Music is dying. More people are getting into the "music" industry and killing music. And that goes for professional pianists and stuff as well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can't say much about classical music, but I do agree on the main stream. Kinda sad how 10 years ago, you would hear Hoobastank, Incubus, and Weezer on Kiss FM. Now it's Kesha, Gaga, and some other garbage. I don't mind Gaga as much because she can sing, but she's a total attention *****.

Only main stream artists I have respect for are Eminem, Kanye, and Jay-Z. Rock bands in general are not underground, but not main stream either...

Also, I do wonder what makes an album worthy of grammy nomination? Is it the critics? Fan perception? Kinda weird how Arcade Fire was there lol...then you look at Kanye's album which as a score of a 94/100 on Metacritic and it was not mentioned as a consideration for best rap album.

Edit: Show Goes On feels like a decent song for a credits section in a montage. I intend to bring back lyrical songs to montages.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
but hoobastank and weezer arent that good anyways, whats your point? :awesome:

incubus was cool for a bit though, the singer always scared me =/

only music i really listen to nowadays aside from soundscape and instrumentals is electronic/indietronic/synth pop :3
i like my music sounding heavily altered and bleepy bloopy
probably why i listen to owl city/shiny toy guns/LiGHTS/ and other such bands

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive had my faith restored in englands main stream crowd after my last tournament
walking home from the event i went past a london club blasting out rick astley at about 1am XD
no but really, k$sha needs to dissapear or something, limp bizkit needs to whack the music out again and linkin park need to stop being ****ies and go back 10 years XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
but hoobastank and weezer arent that good anyways, whats your point? :awesome:

incubus was cool for a bit though, the singer always scared me =/

only music i really listen to nowadays aside from soundscape and instrumentals is electronic/indietronic/synth pop :3
i like my music sounding heavily altered and bleepy bloopy
probably why i listen to owl city/shiny toy guns/LiGHTS/ and other such bands
I can understand your point on Hoobastank, cause they can be generic, but Weezer for sure is definitely good. And I'm not saying it because I like them. In fact, I don't even have more than one of their albums. The rest I've heard through radio or here and there. Even the critics acknowledge how good they are.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Only thing I don't like about Muse is that the lead singer sounds like he's drunk all the time, which in turn means his words aren't very coherent.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
there's only 4 unlockable characters, you just play the arcade mode 4 times to get them

kinda sucks that they took that part out :(

there's more characters coming in DLC though, like jill valentine

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Such a shame gaming companies are taking this DLC crap this far. Now we have to pay for more characters, when we're already investing 60 bucks into the game.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
there's only 4 unlockable characters, you just play the arcade mode 4 times to get them

kinda sucks that they took that part out :(

there's more characters coming in DLC though, like jill valentine
yeah, and shuma gorath. apparently they're releasing 2 each month. its so dumb, they hyped the two dlc characters like they were coming out with the game, then last minute go "oh they come out next month"

Such a shame gaming companies are taking this DLC crap this far. Now we have to pay for more characters, when we're already investing 60 bucks into the game.
if you put in an extra 10 you get the first 2 dlc characters along with comics for the game's storyline.

why they gave such a game a storyline? i'll never know
apparently MvC2 had a story also, Ruby heart was created as the character who gets everyone together on her ship(i'm gonna take ya for a ride)

and amingo was there to save his plants or something

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
DLC characters sound dumb though..

They might make those said characters more stronger than the original JUST so they get sold. ... You know what, Eff this game, i'm not buying it soon anymore. I'll wait till DLC is deemed not broken.. last thing I need is another game with another metaknight, but this time its making money for the company

Top Bottom