• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could describe your zss in one phrase, what would it be and why?

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I would say i have a "all around you" kinda style. I like to come at you and would constantly do attacks that would have no ending lag, then get to the other side of the opponent and keep spacing SH bairs and fox trot side b's all around him while moving on each side of him. (by SHing or air dodging or just running past them) until he makes a mistake then I rush in with a dash or grab and do techchasing combos on him.

I only use this strategy on people with good(or better than mine) hand-to-hand/up close combat. like snake or pit. otherwise, with people like mk or sonic, I constantly wait for them to make the move first and punish with combos the moment i see an opening (like keep pressuring sonic with side b until you mindgame him into using spindash and shield it into uair or bair.)

I don't really like to camp because it gives them the opportunity to think.
I also foxtrot a lot as zss because you can do it into so many things. I like fox trot into backwards side b because she does it far enough that you can space the side b perfectly.

I'm curious, what kind of overall phrase/strategy would you describe your zss so maybe i could learn different ways I could use with my strategy?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
That's a lot longer than one phrase. I can sum up the evolution of my ZSS in one word for each stage:

Stage 1: Safe.
Stage 2: Cautious.
Stage 3: Aggressive.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Ungraceful. I just picked up Barwl, and ZSS just seems like the most amazing character. Right now I'm in the "finding out how to use moves properly" stage. Hopefully I can update this to "graceful" in the next few weeks.

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
I'm in the "slow and lacking proper use " stage. :] I just picked her up, but I love her!

kuenzel

Smash Ace
"Plasma Whip Wall of Pain."

I seem to consitantly land consectutive side-b's, forcing them to the side of the stage, even to the piont where we're both of the screen and I land a last one to KO.

Other than that I would say-

"Short-hop side-b spacer, with lots of arials"

edit: Which is probably the strat with all ZSS... :/

Cress

Smash Cadet
Para-Whip ~ Doing all your dirty things (I mean spacing, damage etc. *cough*)

Kickass - Your fear my Whip but my Foot is what actually kills you <3

Snakeee

Smash Master
unorthadoxed

she's the only character I can think of that is fighting at her best at mid-range...
I really don't believe that is true anymore. People have developed ways to get past my spacing, so I've come up with a brand new style that involves a lot more air attacks including falling up airs.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Metamindgamespammy.

Footstool --> Flipstool = Ultimate edgeguard.

Vocal template:

"oooh footstooled!!! OOOH footstooled but now I'm flipping!!! Can YOU flip? No you can't, and that's why I killed you with pacifism"

K

koka

Depends on the character and stage, but it doesn't matter who I'm up against my recovery's still garbage.

Metamindgamespammy.

Footstool --> Flipstool = Ultimate edgeguard.

Vocal template:

"oooh footstooled!!! OOOH footstooled but now I'm flipping!!! Can YOU flip? No you can't, and that's why I killed you with pacifism"
LOL!
Pacifism? Get back to your knitting, sissy. Or am I gonna have to slap some face?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Depends on the character and stage, but it doesn't matter who I'm up against my recovery's still garbage.

LOL!
Pacifism? Get back to your knitting, sissy. Or am I gonna have to slap some face?
Recovery's one of ZSS' strongest areas.

And woah, I love women with attitude

EDIT: Don't be creeped out by that I'm just saying lol

K

koka

My phrase? Absolutely horrible. Why? Because it's true.
Don't say that, I bet you're not bad. I'll take a look at your videos when my computer stops acting up.

Recovery's one of ZSS' strongest areas.
I try chasing my oponents off-stage a lot, but sometimes I'm the one who ends up dying. I'm also having trouble with MK and IC, but I'm gonna try playing Ambrose and KingAce and see if I can get better that way.

And woah, I love women with attitude

EDIT: Don't be creeped out by that I'm just saying lol
Thanks for the compliment, you're not creepy. You seem like a nice guy actually. Creepy are those two guys who sniffed my hair while I was playing my matches.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I try chasing my oponents off-stage a lot, but sometimes I'm the one who ends up dying. I'm also having trouble with MK and IC, but I'm gonna try playing Ambrose and KingAce and see if I can get better that way.
Use the down b jump and boost jumps with your up b. Gives you those extra inches.

Thanks for the compliment, you're not creepy. You seem like a nice guy actually. Creepy are those two guys who sniffed my hair while I was playing my matches.
Oh Snakeee is a very nice guy, probably the nicest out of all the Brawlers. Other than ph00tbag when you play him with Ike. He just smiles with glee when you dtilt spike him...

If you could describe your zss in one phrase, what would it be and why?

The phrase: Drunken Space Karate.
Why: I drink, and Samus uses Space Karate. Therefore I combined the two terms to come up with "Drunken Space Karate." Complicated ain't it?

K

koka

The phrase: Drunken Space Karate.
A dozen questions about the origins of your phrase occured to me. Not to mention twenty-two possible solutions to each one, sixteen resulting hypotheses and counter-theorems, eight abstract speculations, a quadrilateral equation, two axioms, and a limerick. That's raw intelligence for you.

Why: I drink, and Samus uses Space Karate. Therefore I combined the two terms to come up with "Drunken Space Karate." Complicated ain't it?
*head explodes*

Top Bottom