• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change one thing about Sheik..

demodemo

Smash Ace
What would it be?

No vague things like "More KO power, Better recovery etc." !! Things like, longer chain/stronger downsmash is more appropriate.

For me, it would probably be the lag on Dair. Sigh, its sheik's highest priority aerial, but you can't do anything with it because of the hour long lag you have upon executing/finishing the move.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
One thing? Needle canceling. Being able to get grab/ftilt/dash attack setups off of aerial needles would make Sheik that much scarier.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Hehe, 'twas the obvious choice. All Melee Sheik mains screamed upon seeing the enormous lag on landing while shooting needles in Brawl.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually like to see Sheik's down-throw make its chain-grabbing comeback. That way, you could potentially combo out of it much more easily and rack up some easy damage early on. There would definitely be more things that I'd love to change, but I do miss Sheik's crazy-low knockback on the Down Throw :(

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
down b would be counter.

its amazing how many times ill play as marth or ike for a few rounds then TRANSFORM right before the enemy is about to put down the major pain.

shiek with counter=teh pwn

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nerf Needle Canceling to oblivion, but keep Falco's SHL with exactly the same functionalities. WTF.

I wish Sheik's throws were more conducive to comboing. It's not like Sheik actually hits hard in the air, the throws themselves do that much damage, or Brawl is a game about easy juggles.

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
make shieks forward smash as strong as in melee...
i miss it alot, it´s the reason why i nearly stoped playing shiek.
i cant kill anymore.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
give her a useful spike. either one of her aerials or vanish.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Spike is OD lol Sheik with a spike would make her be the in the discussion for broken characters in Brawl.

I just don't see why Missile canceling and float canceling and such stays, but needle canceling is not only gone, but the lag you receive instead is huge. Especially huge for Sheik standards.

In Melee needle canceling alone would make a Sheik player good, it was the best approach. I almost cried when i first tried it in Brawl and got punished for my lag. -_-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol, screw you guys, needle canceling was broken! Ryoko falco's shot hop lazer is so much less applicable than melee.

I'd be happy with a pinch more hit stun on throws or a little bit more horrizontal movement speed. Over all I'm pretty happy with sheik though, I like working with what I have instead of wishing for something more.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Here's a couple of changes that I'd like to see with Sheik:

1) Fix Dair. Make it somehow not worthless. I'd absolutely love it if it was like its Melee incarnation, only with a spike hitbox at the tip of the foot. It'd give Sheik a much-needed kill.
2) Less laggy needles. Like the Melee incarnation.
3) One throw with Kill potential. It wouldn't have to have fantastic kill power, but something with the ability to kill before 150%. (None of Sheik's throws can kill before like, 400%)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Get rid of her d-air and make it a spike. Or at least semi-spike or something. God what a waste of a move.

Matumakka

Smash Cadet
obviously the request for power in her Fair again is a definet must. But besides that i much pefer her in brawl then in melee. It also might of been helpful if they made his Dair useful, and i would of liked it if Nair didnt need a sweet spot to send someone flying.

Squidster

Smash Ace
No i love soft Nairs... best setup ever.

I don't mind dair too much since it has SOME uses, and Nair typically works as an approach from above (soft of course)

My request? Chain should be like samus Zair in the air. Would get rid of sheik's problem with disjointed hitboxes.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
With the fact that Zelda is now thoroughly usable, adding much of anything would be unbalancing the roster in Zelda/Sheik's favor.

I think all aspects of the needles as in Melee being carried over wouldn't be too much to ask.

If not, then perhaps more priority on her attacks overall.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I thought of one:

Less lag on the transform. Make Zelda/Sheik an actual reliable strategy, instead of something that gets you killed repeatedly if you try it.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Oh, I thought of one:

Less lag on the transform. Make Zelda/Sheik an actual reliable strategy, instead of something that gets you killed repeatedly if you try it.
That's fine the way it is, honestly. Just transform after sending the opponent away. With less time it'd be too cheap. 2 character at your disposal during a match, an obvious advantage, so there must be a catch, and that's the long transformation.

I'm just grateful it has an abundant supply of invincibility frames.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I just don't see why Missile canceling and float canceling and such stays, but needle canceling is not only gone, but the lag you receive instead is huge.
Float cancelling IS gone. :( Made all of us Peach players so sad.

As for Sheik, I'm gonna have to agree with the needle cancelling being brought back...and having the combo-ability from her throws increased.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Float cancelling IS gone. :( Made all of us Peach players so sad.

As for Sheik, I'm gonna have to agree with the needle cancelling being brought back...and having the combo-ability from her throws increased.
O, my mistake. Never played Peach, in Melee or Brawl. I just heard from someone it was still in, guess that was wrong.

Having a copy of Brawl, you figure I'd test it myself... >_>

Yes, I can't stress enough how much I'll miss needle canceling -_-'

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Use her knife for the dash attack, it's just there for the looks, like gun holsters and scarfs >_>.

And single fire needles, like just pressing B once to shoot one needle (which i do often) intstead of this press and charge crap.

Rogue

Smash Cadet
Melee needles for sure. They wouldn't have the capacity to gimp recoveries like Melee, considering everyone that isn't Link or Ike or a couple others can recover from pretty much anywhere. Which is fine.

Sheik probably shouldn't have a very useful dair. I think, when you think about it, it's a designed character flaw. Dair is about the only thing BOTH Zelda and Sheik suck at. However I'd take old dair over the new one. >_> The only useful thing, to me, about the current dair, is to shoot yourself faster towards the edge from very high up.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I use the dair after I fall close above the enemy and see an up smash/ tilt coming. Basically the initial stall lets me avoid the attack, and then the dair strikes. Like a counter. Very situational, and even then its predictable and punishable, but still adds some variety to Sheik.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Meh, I don't like using the Dair even for what dmtmanga listed as most Usmash seem to have lingering or multiple hitbox, even Sheiks has a two hitter Upsmash.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Stronger throws. Sheik's throws do 2-3% -_-' (not counting the grabbing hits) while Zelda do 10-13%. Though Sheik can hit a lot more times than Zelda can, I still find the throws a bit too weak.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
what the hell is dair anyway, everyone keeps saying it.

>: (
I really don't want to be rude/mean/whatever but how are you a "Smash Debater" without knowing this. It just seems odd, sorry.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Smash Debater is the title given to people who post in the Debate Hall. Which is for debates completely unrelated to Smash.

Also, Sheik's throws deal upward of 5%.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fair, that's the one thing.

If her Fair was just as good, or better, then it was in Melee, she would be "broken".

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
IF it actually matter i'd change her final smash.Instead of shooting some arrow she could do some awesome combo or something like maybe throw her needles and cause them to explode and then she'd use vanish behind her, knock them down and use her chain to choke them or something.

Top Bottom