• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change one thing about Sheik..

uberlock

Smash Rookie
I'd like the initial hitboxes of the chain in the air to have spike properties, weak ones like Falco's Side-B. Weird request I know, I just like the idea ><

Also obviously melee needles, f-air or some kind of spike would be awesome, but they have all been said like 5 times each :p

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Stronger throws. Sheik's throws do 2-3% -_-' (not counting the grabbing hits) while Zelda do 10-13%. Though Sheik can hit a lot more times than Zelda can, I still find the throws a bit too weak.
throws seem to never make sense. like Snakes Dthrow does 12% and marths Dthrow does 4% now which one lookes like it should hurt more?

Anyway on topic Melee needles, stronger Fair, and no Suicide Dair.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
IF it actually matter i'd change her final smash.Instead of shooting some arrow she could do some awesome combo or something like maybe throw her needles and cause them to explode and then she'd use vanish behind her, knock them down and use her chain to choke them or something.
Yeah, even though Light Arrows own, some sort of crazy combo FS like Ike's "Great Aether" would be cool.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
if her dair was like her melee dair but a spike, now that would be hot.
I know I'm totally wrong, but I am convinced that if I could just d-air ONCE while moving upwards (so she doesn't dive) that it would spike, but I can never hit anyone.

Can anyone prove me wrong? Please?

It would be so awesome if she had ONE spike. I know f-air can apparently spike somehow, but I can't seem to do it.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I know I'm totally wrong, but I am convinced that if I could just d-air ONCE while moving upwards (so she doesn't dive) that it would spike, but I can never hit anyone.

Can anyone prove me wrong? Please?

It would be so awesome if she had ONE spike. I know f-air can apparently spike somehow, but I can't seem to do it.
Technicaly Shiek has NO spikes. However you can get somewhat close to one because some of her moves can hit angled down a bit. Stage spiking is also still in =D. Oh and that Dair thing i dont think that is possible...

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Either I'd want Melee Forward-Air or Needle Cancel back. Needles in Brawl are still good for damage and interrupting with a single needle, but melee needles were awesome.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i miss f-air, ALOT
and if they are so against giving shiek any power whatsoever, then make her throws instantly make opponents fastfall. that would be awesome

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
That's fine the way it is, honestly. Just transform after sending the opponent away. With less time it'd be too cheap. 2 character at your disposal during a match, an obvious advantage, so there must be a catch, and that's the long transformation.

I'm just grateful it has an abundant supply of invincibility frames.
The lag on her transformation is apparently caused by the game processing the transformation, not a set amount of time. If you pause the game right at the point where the white glow of the transformation begins, the disc continues to be read; when you unpause, you transform. It's a load time, not Sakurai's inane design philosophy for once.

And this is what I'd want: to be able to transform into Zelda without that load time. I'm okay with the "nerf" to Sheik; I just want a kill move. If that kill move's name is Zelda, that's fine by me. I even like her this time around. However, the load time to transform into her discourages her use when Sakurai intentionally set up Sheik to encourage a Zelda transformation for finishing opponents. So pointless.

Apart from a proper transformation speed, just give me the fair's full power back. Either Zelda or the fair. I don't care which. Everything else with Sheik is fine (apart from that dair), and some aspects have made me like her even better (wall clinging, chain grabbing ledges, etc). I just want the fair or a proper transformation.

Top Bottom