• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If... Who Would You Choose?

FlyingMudPuppy

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to make this for fun... If you could only use characters who's games you've actually played, who would you use? What do you think the effects on Brawl would be?

(I bet a bunch would be limited to pokemon...)

Personally, I would choose Luigi.

I mean, it would solve the problem of all those spamming Ikes on WiFi... and say goodbye to most of the Snakes cause I kinda doubt many people have played Metal Gear Solid, or even heard of it before Brawl.

EDIT: I guess everyone has played a lot more of these than I had thought. Oh yeah... I forgot to mention no more R.O.B.......

*Also, if anyone would like to help me get even a step towards not terribly horrible message me... i am so bad it probably be impossible not to make me better. Its really embarassing...

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link still. I have played Phantom Hourglass.

If I hadn't, I'd main Poke Trainer, then Luigi, then Bowser.

But, I would use link. I rented Twighlight Princess a couple days ago and I played it.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
I've played Lucario's, Pikachu's, Luigi's and Toon Link's games, it wouldn't effect me.

As for Ike, Lucas, Ness, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Pit, Marth and R.O.B, you would probably get NOBODY using them due to a big generation gap and general localisation issues.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Luigi. I have all the games he is in.

Also Kirby. I have most the games that he is in.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I've played a actual G&W game (Octopus FTW!) and have the GB games, Bowser is fine, Toon Link is fine, Falcon is fine

I would be cut off from
Snake, ROB (Nobody would play ROB), ICs, Lucas... not much of a loss for me

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
Toon Link still. I could play as most characters still. Played super mario games, zelda games, lylat wars, metal gear solid, sonic games.
Haven't played any kirby games though!

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Still would have Falco as my main, with Fox and Luigi as backups. I would be able to play Snake, since I'm currently working on Twin Snakes for the 'Cube, and would lose pretty much no one I ever use, except Ike, who I only use from time to time, and ROB, who has no games and therefore doesn't exist under this rule.

FlyingMudPuppy

Smash Rookie
My mains (Wario, Ness, Mario, Ice Climbers, Fox, and King Dedede) would remain the same because the only franchise in Brawl I haven't played is Fire Emblem.
That's impressive... I kinda figure no one here at all has played Fire Emblem, or if they have it was after Brawl came out...

xIcelinkx

Smash Cadet
Only characters I would lose, that I can think of...
Lucario
Lucas
ROB (He doesn't really have a game.. he's based on the hardware, I thought)

Yeah.. I'd still have G&W, Ike, Snake, Ness, etc.

edit: I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for a few years.. I've played through Fire Emblem (GBA), Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA), and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN, that's where I met Ike)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's impressive... I kinda figure no one here at all has played Fire Emblem, or if they have it was after Brawl came out...
Why's that? Fire Emblem was a Japan exclusive franchise until 2003 and decent number of people here have played Path of Radiance (the game Ike stars in) and/or Radiant Dawn. I haven't played it because I'm not really into strategic RPGs.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The only one of my mains I'd be cut off from is Lucas (**** you, Nintendo of America)

So I could still use Kirby and Pokemon Trainer.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I'd be the real Ike. You know, the one that actually moves at .36 the speed of light and never gets double-attacked. I seriously think they were going to put in Hector, but decided that Ike sold better and put his model on their frikked up idea of a heavy. Lol at bad recovery, Ike could climb friggin cliffs in RD.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
I'd miss Lucas and ROB, but Olimar and Snake aren't very important to me anyway.

FlyingMudPuppy

Smash Rookie

surely you jest.
Apparently I can't even be right in a thread not about the actual fighting.... I underestimate your worthiness... and I guess I should have clarified about Fire Emblem I meant the older stuff... I totally forgot about the new because I didn't play it that much :dizzy:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ive played and liked the MGS games. i didnt buy the psp ones tho.

i love windwaker and i imported fire emblem 3

D13

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be able to use Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Snake, ROB, Ice Climbers, Pit, or Marth. Man, I feel lame.

I'd probably use Falco a lot.

Pikapals

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't miss any of my mains, I've played Pokemon and Windwaker. That covers for Pikachu, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff. I would miss Snake though, I think that he's fun to play as when I'm playing for fun.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I would be cut off from...

R.O.B.(unless you count MKDS)
Marth
Ness(but the day Earthbound comes to VC I'm buying it)
Lucas(once the Mother 3 translation is done I'm downloading it though)
Snake(but I plan on getting all four MGSs soon)
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus(never played Zero Mission)

Wow... I need to play more games. 3 of my guys(Falco, Marth, Ness) are gone. Still have MK and Sonic though.

M.K

Level 55
Lucario, I've played the games since....forever X_x.
I'd miss Zero Suit Samus and Lucas though.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I've played almost everyone's game except my two best mains....why?
Well, Toon Link (Phantom Hourglass), Fox, Falco, Wolf (I played a bit of N64 StarFox), Lucario (I own Pokemon Diamond), and Link (Various Zeldas....).
I wouldn't be too bad off, and I have both Links.
Sad thing is that I am a great Lucas player, but I CAN'T play his game....
I would utterly LOVE to play it....
No offense, but I've seen Fire Emblem.
It sucks.
Ike doesn't.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I would use the same characters I use now. Snake, Captain Falcon, Ness, Luigi...(In that order). I don't like to use a character if I haven't played/enjoyed many of their games. I also played a lot of pokemon games, but I suck with the only character I would like (PT).

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I would probably do alright.
I could play Peach (my main), Zelda, G&W (yes, I have played the Octupus Game, if it counts, even though I am still young), Ice Climbers (that was a really stupid game). I could play others like the characters from the Marioverse, Wario, The Starfox characters, Pokemon characters, DK characters, Yoshi (though I hate him), the Legend of Zelda series (not sheik), Sonic (love it), etc. but I don't really use them now anyway

Although I wouldn't be able to use Lucas :ohwell:, Ness, Ike, Marth, Lucario (only played Pokemon Blue & Red :bee:), Olimar (pointless character ANYWAY), ROB (unless starfox counts - I played it once, but don't really remember it too well), Samus/ZSS, snake, sheik (never played that one), Kirby & the like, Pit.

i've prob forgotten some, but i most likely can't play them :urg:

Top Bottom