• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doraki

Smash Lord
in the Nth dimension there is a hotel. a Unique hotel in that there are aninfinite amount of rooms, stretching out in a straight line to infinty.
if all the rooms are full, and in infinite amount of people come, how can you accomadate all of them?
I know this one. You can do more than that, and have an infinite amount of buses with an infinite amount of people each coming.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
actually, to do that, everybody just goes to the room number twice as large as their original room number.

but all the rooms are full!

Rusty--when you do it wrong :) :)

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
oh god, here it comes, a whole bunch of puns, and verbal irony. It is true that the sentence is false because the sentence states that it is not true, making what you said false?????. lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
haha....actually, Seed would be right.

when is a number divided by two not twice as close to the number 0?

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually no one would be right. Infact its mean't to show futility in calling anything right or wrong, true or false.

When the number is zero

Rye

Smash Journeyman
A man pushes his car in front of a hotel and realizes he's broke. Why?

Rye

Smash Journeyman
nope (this is a kind of old riddle. I'm only supposed to answer yes or no questions)

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
A man pushes his car in front of a hotel and realizes he's broke. Why?
He's a cab driver, tries to bomb start the car, doesn't work, so he can't make any money with a cab that won't run. I'm probably wrong but there really isn't enough information to form a completely difinitive, inarguable answer.

And is anybody going to try this one, it's pretty simple...

When does 4+4=10 and when does 10+10=15?

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Eh, the riddle works better when you tell it in person. They're supposed to ask yes no questions about the situation and arrive at a conclusion

The answer is that he's playing monopoly.

4+4=10? 10+10=15?

There's no pattern. Are those related at all? Is it something we can deduce or are you just making up rules? (like when 4's are 5 and when 10's are 7.5)

It's not clever like the base2 riddle (1+1=3). Care to give a hint?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
4+4=10
10+10=15

The explanations are closely related in terms of concept but they aren't the exact same. The answers are reasonable and would be recognizable to a person, in other words, it's solvable. And if you want a hint, you can do these equations on a calculator, but it would probably have to be a scientific one. The explanation is pretty simple.

When it comes down to it, it's more mathmetical than it is about makin' babies.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Rusty, I'd guess they are logarithmic to some base. I don't have my trusty calculator with me, so that's as close as I can get right now.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
It may take a while for me to do the match... I keep forgetting and end up going to neopets.com! OH HECK! Link won the ****ing tournament, so you get your points and now we can do creative matches!

IC
vs.
Mario

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
if commonyoshi's right, then your equation is just randomly substituting numbers!

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, my internet was down. With no further ado, ITS DAY 3!

As you awake, you once again see a dead body. Hoping for the same result as last time, you check to see who it is. It is thedocsalive with tire tracks all over his body, and after checking his restaurant you are sad to see he was Subway, Doctor. You decide you must avenge him, and begin thinking about who to kill.

Its Day 3. With 10 alive, its 5 to lynch.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Day 3!!
is off with a bad start....

Man, first ZMan commits suicide in a huge waste to make us mad, then the Mafia kill the Doc, who happened to be thedocsalive. Wow. Where to start?

I am disappointed with ZMan. Signing up to play the game only to want to get out by messing with the game. Not cool at all.
Thedocsalive will be missed. I can't believe they found him this soon, though I guess maybe kirbyphreak didn't assign roles randomly and wants the mafia to win. Thedocs good explanations were a great contribution to the game.
Bahamut still hasn't posted in a long while to defend himself though... he seems to be lurking along with others.
What do you think? Lurking is no fun.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I'm not lurking, I've just been busy w. other stuff. Life and all.

As far as me being mafia is concerned, well, just because I know what Godfather's Pizza is doesn't make me scum. It's called Google, people.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman

What is next in this pattern?

No one I know has ever actually gotten this riddle without looking up the answer or seeing the riddle before (including me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom