• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wow, so Starbucks, DQ, Sonic, Pizza Hut, Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's all have drivethrus? I had no idea.
Do you not eat much fast food? Almost everything has a drive-thru.

ON top of that, it seems to me that he immediately tried to gain the town's favor after his GF died by switching over to the pro-claim side.
He was innactive, as you have said. I don't think he posted again before the day ended, and no one called him out.

Definately very suspicious, seeing as how he didn't really explain how the name claim would "help the mafia" in his eyes, and then he immediately switched sides the next day, still forgettign to explain his intial dissent.

You and me have both played several Mafia's with Sideeffect. Has he ever held his own opinion, or truelly contributed something groundbreaking? No, he is one of those players that goes with the flow, or completley misunderstands issues. He skims.

You were calling for a name call. In almost every other Mafia game, your name would (probally ) reveal your role. SideEffect probally just saw that and freaked out, since he didn't read the full issues.

Lastly, concerning Bahamut and Zman, while it is true that they both initially showed oppositional feelings towards the nameclaim they shouldn't be considered in the same manner as SideEffect. Firstly, it is obvious that Zman can't be taken seriously; he claimed mafia. Such an action bars him from being used as any logical examples. Bahamut also shouldn't be considered in the same manner as sideeffet because I'm fairly certain that he was confused, and beleived that we were advocating a fullblown role claim, which he then proceeded to do for some reason.
But you don't think it's possible that SideEffect, who we both know is not that swell of a Mafia player, didn't misunderstand it?

In any event, he was initially opposed to the wrong type of claim.
Yes, he was. As was Bahamut.

. Obviously it isn't anything you've done Eorlingas, but you just happened to replace someone who had already put themself in a poor position.
I think you turning everything he did to support the general opinion.

Also, I think you were writing when I made my post above.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes actually I was posting at the same time you were. I'll respond to both posts now.
Ok, I (mainly) have read the entire thread.

First: I'm not positive that the Mafia are the people with cars. If they were, then that means the first thing they did was kill their best guy. On purpose.

Kirbypheak also let slip something: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1767116&postcount=469

Which means that Commonyoshi must have been in a Masonry with someone, and Commonyoshi (as we now know) was an independant. It would make sense if his partner was independent as well, and maybe they acted as a faction, like the two independents in South Park mafia (my favorite one after the first, personally).

If you didn't play that game, then I'll give you a quick runthrough: It turns out that there were two serial killers, both of who were independant, but they worked together. They won when they were the only ones left. I think Commonyoshi might have been in something like this.

You are probally saying, "But Eorlingas, that means they killed one of their own!"

That's true, and doesn't make much sense. Neither would the mafia suiciding their Godfather. But for the independants, there would be a reason.

His partner might have been smart, and noticed Kirbypheak's slip, even when most of you didn't. And when the mafia was dead, but you were still getting run over, you were going to start getting suspicious.

I think he killed Lance87 (who replaced commonyoshi) to protect himself. If he was dead, then you wouldn't analyize his posts and figure it out.
Excellent reasoning here. I think that it is very likely that whomever is controlling the car is independant, for the reasons you've just stated. The only other possibility I can think of is the mafia ended up killing one of their own because of a role switch or something of the like.
Do you not eat much fast food? Almost everything has a drive-thru.
Well I knew that Wendy's has a drive-thru, but not the other places. Like DQ and Pizza Hut are places I've been to before, but neither building has a drive-thru. As for Chick-Fil-A and Sonic, I've never even heard of them before, so I obviously wouldn't know if they have drive-thrus.

Eorlingas said:
He was innactive, as you have said. I don't think he posted again before the day ended, and no one called him out.
Even if that is true, I still don't see how it helps is case. IMO, he probably made it a point to be the first one to convert as soon as he saw his leader's opposition (agentli) begin to crumble.

Eorlingas said:
You and me have both played several Mafia's with Sideeffect. Has he ever held his own opinion, or truelly contributed something groundbreaking? No, he is one of those players that goes with the flow, or completley misunderstands issues. He skims.
I don't see how that makes him any less scummy. Poor players can just as easily be town as they can be mafia, and I think he's played in enough games that the "newb mistake" card is unplayable at this point.

Eorlingas said:
You were calling for a name call. In almost every other Mafia game, your name would (probally ) reveal your role. SideEffect probally just saw that and freaked out, since he didn't read the full issues.
Once again that doesn't in any way make him seem less scummy. If anyone, mafia members are the ones who tend to skim the most and not read for comprehension. Gaining an understanding of everyone's ideas so that they can aid the town effort properly typically isn't the goal of mafia members, especially "poor" players as you have deemed SideEffect to be. I personally think the reason he freaked was that he immediately thought "OMG NAMECLAIM = GODFATHER'S PIZZA REVEALED! OH NOES GF DOWN!" Not reading for understanding and stating uninformed opinions without explanations is most certainly a scummy trait.

Eorlingas said:
But you don't think it's possible that SideEffect, who we both know is not that swell of a Mafia player, didn't misunderstand it?
I don't beleive that SideEffect misunderstood our plan at all. He knew what we wanted to happen but was still against it because he knew of the threat it posed. Even look at the post o fhis that you quoted earlier:

SideEffect said:
Sorry I have been gone a week im going to try to catch up on everything now. I skimmed thrugh the pages and it seems like the docsalive and frozen both want a name role claim..???? I think that is a really bad idea because that helps the mafia in my eyes. I would rather go with a no lynch before i do that. And since that seems like the best option right now....
Notice how he explicitly states NAME role claim. He was well aware that we wanted to reveal names, not entire roles.

frozenflame751 said:
In any event, he was initially opposed to the wrong type of claim.
Eorlingas said:
Yes, he was. As was Bahamut.
I think you misunderstood here. When I said he, I was refering to Bahamut. As I just explained I don't beleive that SideEffect misunderstood what was going on.

Eorlingas said:
I think you turning everything he did to support the general opinion.
Well you're certainly entitled to that opinion. IMHO I'm simply drawing logical conlusions based on what I've seen from SideEffect in this game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm not quite sure what I can do anymore. I am not SideEffect, and so I cannot answer for him. The only true thing I can do is restate everything.

He was Inactive. He is known for not understanding things. As I have said, IN EVERY OTHER MAFIA GAME PLAYED HERE, NAME MEANT ROLE. This is the first time that a name wouldn't reveal your role, but that requires thinking. SideEffect doesn't think too swell.

People always switch positions when evidence shows they are wrong. Evidence showed SideEffect was wrong. You think it was because he's mafia, and I think he misunderstood, or simply saw that he was wrong.

I cannot do much else, since there is so little to talk about. Do you truelly believe that I am more likely to be mafia, or independent, then anyone else? That I would be the best lynch? Remember my post above. Remember that.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not quite sure what I can do anymore. I am not SideEffect, and so I cannot answer for him. The only true thing I can do is restate everything.
Very true. Replacing is tough, especially this late in the game.

Eorlingas said:
He was Inactive. He is known for not understanding things. As I have said, IN EVERY OTHER MAFIA GAME PLAYED HERE, NAME MEANT ROLE. This is the first time that a name wouldn't reveal your role, but that requires thinking. SideEffect doesn't think too swell.
I disagree with the Name = role idea. Firstly, I definately don't think that the names of the roles in the games gave away town power roles. The only thing that the names gave away in the mafia games here are allignment, and even then it wasn't in every game. I would say that names would definately give away allignment in Duke's Mario Mini Mafia and your Lost mafia, but I don't beleive they would have given away ALL of the allignments in SSB mafia, SSBR mafia, or South Park Mafia. That's a majority right there.

Eorlingas said:
People always switch positions when evidence shows they are wrong. Evidence showed SideEffect was wrong. You think it was because he's mafia, and I think he misunderstood, or simply saw that he was wrong.
I still don't think he was confused at all. he may have been attempting to put up a ruse that he was, but in reality he wasn't. If you look at that post that we've quoted multiple times, he explicitly states that he thinks the name claim is a bad idea and it will only help the mafia. He neither explains himself, nor does he ask for claification. He just makes an oppositional assesertion and dissappears.

Eorlingas said:
I cannot do much else, since there is so little to talk about. Do you truelly believe that I am more likely to be mafia, or independent, then anyone else? That I would be the best lynch? Remember my post above. Remember that.
Actually, yes I do. Firstly, your post that talks about the godfather being killed could easily be an attempt to draw the attention of the town away from you and focus it on finding the supposed independant. I don't think that you are independant, but I strongly beleive that you are mafia. Also, just because you are contributing a lot doesn't eliminate the possibility of you being scum. Don't think for a second that I've forgotten SSB Mafia. Then you tried leading the town around by the nose and it worked for quite awhile. Your behavior right now is quite similar to what it was back then. And lastly, the jedi mind trick-esque syntax you are using doesn't make you seem any less suspicious. If anything it just makes it seem like you are attempting to deceive me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I disagree with the Name = role idea. Firstly, I definately don't think that the names of the roles in the games gave away town power roles.

SSB Mafia: Doctor Mario-Doc, Fox-Cop, Falcon-serial killer (he said "falcon punch every time he murdered), any evil character-Mafia

SPMafia- Officer Barbrady- Cop, Nurse Gollum- Doc, Bill Preston/Ted logan- Independant (independants weren't suppose to be there), Jesus-Cop (stretch, but it is pretty obvious that anyone with the of Jesus was important), Satan-Mafia

Lost Mafia- Jack-Doc, Anna-Lucia-Cop, Any other- Mafia, Claire- Pregnant woman, Charlie- Guitar, Sayid- Torturer.

I can't comment on the other games, because I only played them halfheartidly, or not at all.

But Names can usually be linked back to the role, at least for the most important ones.

The only thing that the names gave away in the mafia games here are allignment, and even then it wasn't in every game. I would say that names would definately give away allignment in Duke's Mario Mini Mafia and your Lost mafia, but I don't beleive they would have given away ALL of the allignments in SSB mafia, SSBR mafia, or South Park Mafia. That's a majority right there.
Of course it wouldn't give away all. But it would usually give away some. I always had it in my brain that names would be able to link to roles. Maybe it was just me.

I still don't think he was confused at all. he may have been attempting to put up a ruse that he was, but in reality he wasn't. If you look at that post that we've quoted multiple times, he explicitly states that he thinks the name claim is a bad idea and it will only help the mafia. He neither explains himself, nor does he ask for claification. He just makes an oppositional assesertion and dissappears.
SIDEEFFECT ALWAYS DOES THAT. That is him. It's like saying "Zman is suspicious because he's acting like an idiot. This is the third time that Zman has gotten himself killed on purpose. I'm surprised he's not banned from these yet.

SideEffect is SideEffect. He has only done what he always does. If that is suspicious, then I FOS you for thinking.

Actually, yes I do. Firstly, your post that talks about the godfather being killed could easily be an attempt to draw the attention of the town away from you
You yourself said I used excellent reasoning in that post. Do you retract your statement because you truelly want me dead?

Also, just because you are contributing a lot doesn't eliminate the possibility of you being scum
Of course it doesn't. The best mafia players usually contribute. And, as I have learned, they usually die first.

Don't think for a second that I've forgotten SSB Mafia.
I still brood over that. I would have lived if it wasn't for the night kill. I had the perfect defense, absolutley flawless!

Then you tried leading the town around by the nose and it worked for quite awhile.
Why thank you

Your behavior right now is quite similar to what it was back then.
This is how I always am. Remember my massive arguments with Duke during SPmafia? I am always like this, whether I am mafia or not. Do you think me being myself is suspicious?

And lastly, the jedi mind trick-esque syntax you are using doesn't make you seem any less suspicious. If anything it just makes it seem like you are attempting to deceive me.
Are you refering to the "remember that'? It was a typo. I didn't mean to say it twice. :(

I think that my post about the Independants makes more sense then "SideEffect is suspicious, he's doing what he was been doing for the last year and a half! Lynch him!"

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Eorlingas said:
As I have said, IN EVERY OTHER MAFIA GAME PLAYED HERE, NAME MEANT ROLE.
You forgot FE mafia too, but it's still active and is understandable that FROZEN didn't want to talk about it, as that's against the rules. (You're dead, so meh.) I'm mod, so meh even more. :chuckle:

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You forgot FE mafia too, but it's still active and is understandable that FROZEN didn't want to talk about it, as that's against the rules. (You're dead, so meh.) I'm mod, so meh even more. :chuckle:
I guess, but I died first night there, and I never truelly understood the night kill system.

But where do you stand in this game, Camo-man?

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I stand at the spot where I don't want to be lynched. :p

But seriously, the points made against you are fairly strong. Can you make a summary of your argument??? I don't like reading those 3-screen long posts. >_>

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But seriously, the points made against you are fairly strong.
No, they're not. First, they said I was mafia because my restaurant has a drive thru. When that idea went down the gutter, they claimed I was mafia because SideEffect (who I replaced) rarely posted and never backed himself up. But most of us have played Mafia with SideEffect, and he ALWAYS acts like that. He has never done anything diffrent. The only argument against me is that SideEffect acted like he always does. It makes no sense.

And for my own theory, then I made several links to propose that DiamondFalcon is a Serial killer and indepenent. For my reasoning, you will have to view the post. Even FrozenFlame said my reasoning for it was excellent.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff dominating the world and jigglypuffs ruling your mind, destroying your planet, singing you to sleep, Jigglypuff eating a cupcake, such and such, but the most important that is realated to the evil dancing bunnys is

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Nice going saving your hide Eorlingas. But this doesn't mean I trust you. I still buggers me that your previous roleplayer wasn't active.

On the other hand, I didn't trust DiamondFalcon earlier in this game cause that was when I noticed the tire thing. Although it now looks like everyone has a drive through, you pointed out a lot of facts that went too deep for me to notice at first.

Vote - DiamondFalcon

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Bob was looking through a dirt smeared window on the 23rd floor of an apartment building. He suddenly gets obercome with depression and jumps through the window. If there was nothing to cushion his fall and nothing to slow his fall, then how did he survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom