• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Ya Riciardos got the right answer. The key is he looked through a DIRT SMEARED window. Doraki was on the right track but the answer that the window doesnt lead to the outside is somewhat vague.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Mmm, a role switcher would could indeed dominate this game (and probally every other mafia game too).
You say you're KFC? Lol, I swore that I thought you were a pizzeria. Still, all together (even without that) I don't trust you.

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
Three kids from Bristol went for a walk. About a mile into the walk, they came to a deep, wide river. There was no bridge. They didn't have a boat or raft, or any materials to make one. None of them could swim.
: How did they cross the river?

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
New riddle

Three kids from Bristol went for a walk. About a mile into the walk, they came to a deep, wide river. There was no bridge. They didn't have a boat or raft, or any materials to make one. None of them could swim.
: How did they cross the river?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Glad you're back in comission DiamondFalcon. I like the effort on your part, however I'm a bit skeptical that you read both Eorlingas posts AND my posts. There are one or two point you made that make me beleive this which I will point out later. But firstly:
Concerning the kirbyphreak slip, which says something like "You can't replace, because you know a living role.": It meant that commonyoshi could not replace someone else, because his own role was still alive. In case you didn't read, commonyoshi was replaced by Lance87 because he was banned I believe, and when commonyoshi came back, he still wanted to play and take someone else's position. Thus he would know both his new role and old role (Lance87), both still in play.
I definately agree with this. Kirbyphreak made no mistake; commonyoshi was simply trying to enter a game that his character wa still alive in. Simple as that.

DiamondFalcon said:
Alright, so I still haven't figure out why the Godfather was killed the first night. There are a couple possiblities:
A) The doc blocked the mafia's strikes until his death, and the mafia has neglected to kill since then. An independent serial killer is on the loose that has been using cars to night kill instead of the Mafia.

I just find it unlikely that not one of the Mafia members would bother sending a PM. Doc must have also been really lucky to block all the attacks. Although if this is true, I'm impressed by the Doc and serial killer.

B) The mafia killed their own Godfather. Someway or another, the mafia are related to cars and there is no serial killer.

This is highly unbelievable, but if so then they have some conspiracy plan to use the name claim against us, and by showing that the Godfather role connects to the Godfather's Pizza, ensure that we went through with it and use it in our actions.

C) There is a veteran/vigilante who either have a limited number of kills, or who chooses not to kill every night. Everyone with drive-thrus kills by cars for some reason.

Not likely either, since why would there be car deaths for everything...and if so they were really good/lucky to kill the Godfather the first night. It makes some sense because most town players during this game seem to have roles anyways (message sender, voteblocker) and it would make sense that we had at least one vig.

D) There is a role switcher.

This is a very possible theory, but it may or may not be true. I had forgotten about this role. It fits with the "everyone has a role" observation, and it explains how tire marks were still on the Godfather. I think we should look into this one.

E) Some sort of combination?

I think there may be some combination of the above, though I have yet to figure it out. I'll let you know when I do, or maybe one of you can.
This is the first part that make sme think you didn't read my posts. I agree with almost all of the speculation here with the exception of the fact that you seem convinced that it is impossible that the mafia wouldn't send in their night roles. Is it not true that tails was inactive to the point that he was modkilled? Had he actually been paying attention to the game, he obviously would have saved himself by making atleast one post. Obviously he had no idea what was going on in this game, which leads me to beleive the other mafia member was in the same situation. Who else was going to be modkilled? SideEffect was, and the only reaosn his role is still alive is because Eorlingas replaced, which definately makes me very suspicious of him.

DiamondFalcon said:
-SideEffect was mistaken about nameclaim, as was Bahamut.
I made the mistake of conjecturing that SideEffect was anti-nameclaim, when he probably was just neutral. Now Bahamut was anti-nameclaim, and it turns out he wasn't Mafia at all, so maybe we are barking up the wrong tree again. Or perhaps, they were right and the name claim really was a bad idea after all?
Here is the second section that makes me think you didn't do adequate reading. I've already explained why SideEffect was actually anti-name claim, and bahamut wasn't. Oh, and the name claim definately was NOT a bad idea. We settled that dispute long ago. All the arguments for it are located within day one and maybe a little in day 2. Read those if you wan't to know the specifics that prove why the name claim was a good idea.

Oh and...
DiamondFalcon said:
Oh and a Role Switcher (or maybe I'm thinking of Busdriver) can switch people at night. Say the Mafia targeted Player X, and Role Switcher switched X with Y, Player Y would be the one killed. Tell me if I'm wrong about this though. Come to think of it, it might be the busdriver instead.
That definition is correct.

I'm still 50-50 on this matter, and I still think rigth now isn't a time to toss votes around. It would probably be a good idea for us all to unvote and discuss some more/get mroe people to participate. The last thing we want is to have someone suddenly go inactive again and leave a voet on someone, especially if for some reaosn the game gets deadlined. Just my two cents.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
No, you misunderstood me. I am Sbarro, a pizzeria. tails was KFC, the mafia that recently died. Thus, my point was that pizzeria does not necessarily equal mafia. I still don't see what your reasoning for suspecting me is though.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Oh and sorry if I misread your posts frozenflame. I was mostly reading Eorlingas' posts when I responded, because he was the one accusing me.

I see your point about theory B not being impossible, but there should at least be another mafia member that could PM for him. Or else, you are probably right and it is an inactive, possibly SideEffect or Marshigio. Though until I see two kills on the same night, I am inclined to think there is no other killer.

And about the name claim, I just can't help but think that the Subway claim had a little to do with the doc's death. It also seems that the name claim hasn't helped any since the Godfather in telling us who the mafia are. I don't think the name claim was bad, I just don't know if I trust it anymore.

I guess I still don't understand your explanation about SideEffect vs. Bahamut, I'll go back and read again.

And unvoting until clarification might be a good idea. I believe it wasn't for our Unvotes, Eorlingas would be lynched right now (4 until lynch now).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Is it not true that tails was inactive to the point that he was modkilled? Had he actually been paying attention to the game, he obviously would have saved himself by making atleast one post. Obviously he had no idea what was going on in this game, which leads me to beleive the other mafia member was in the same situation. Who else was going to be modkilled? SideEffect was, and the only reaosn his role is still alive is because Eorlingas replaced, which definately makes me very suspicious of him.
I don't think you have read my post on this subject, since I have already talked about it.

SideEffect is and has been active on the forums while he didn't post here. Kirbypheak, like just about every Moderator, would have sent him a PM asking for a night kill. SideEffect would have responded to said PM and sent in a night kill. Because that didn't happen, it would be logical that:

1. Kirbypheak never sent a PM

2. SideEffect never got a PM, meaning he's not mafia.

1 would support your position, but isn't logical itself. If you are the moderator of a game, you don't start the next day until you have all of the roles. If someone doesn't give you a role, you PM them and remind them. Only if they don't respond to that (or arn't active in the forum at all) do you skip them. If Kirbypheak didn't, then how would he know that the Mafia wasn't still discussing it, and so end up just skipping one of the most important night roles?

If you accept that 1 is not logical, then that would leave 2.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Woops. I was writing two posts in one window, but forgot to merge them and closed one of them.

The other post basically said "Wow, I feel stupid. My bad Diamond, I read that post completley diffrent then you did. Your interpretation makes more sense"

Unvote: DiamondFalcon

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It was winter, so they walked across the frozen river

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think you have read my post on this subject, since I have already talked about it.

SideEffect is and has been active on the forums while he didn't post here. Kirbypheak, like just about every Moderator, would have sent him a PM asking for a night kill. SideEffect would have responded to said PM and sent in a night kill. Because that didn't happen, it would be logical that:

1. Kirbypheak never sent a PM

2. SideEffect never got a PM, meaning he's not mafia.

1 would support your position, but isn't logical itself. If you are the moderator of a game, you don't start the next day until you have all of the roles. If someone doesn't give you a role, you PM them and remind them. Only if they don't respond to that (or arn't active in the forum at all) do you skip them. If Kirbypheak didn't, then how would he know that the Mafia wasn't still discussing it, and so end up just skipping one of the most important night roles?

If you accept that 1 is not logical, then that would leave 2.
Yes I did read your post on the subject, and my theory is that SideEffect probably ignored the PMs because he no longer was interested in playing the game. If a mod sends out PMs and gets no response from them he can either choose what the person will do or have them do nothing. I'm guessing the latter.

I don't doubt at all that Kirbyphreak sent a PM to the inactive mafia, I'm just saying that I beleive the mafia ignored the PMs.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yes I did read your post on the subject, and my theory is that SideEffect probably ignored the PMs because he no longer was interested in playing the game. If a mod sends out PMs and gets no response from them he can either choose what the person will do or have them do nothing. I'm guessing the latter.

I don't doubt at all that Kirbyphreak sent a PM to the inactive mafia, I'm just saying that I beleive the mafia ignored the PMs.
And your evidence for such is? SideEffect posted several times that he was still playing, just to avoid getting replaced. That means that he still cared. During that time, there were no mafia kills.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Aw I just stumbled upon a french page where most of the riddles I know, including this thread's riddles, are exposed.. it makes the thread very dull. XD

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
And your evidence for such is? SideEffect posted several times that he was still playing, just to avoid getting replaced. That means that he still cared. During that time, there were no mafia kills.
My evidence? Ummm how about the fact that you replaced him? I don't know what you're talking about; he obviously didn't post to keep himself in the game because he was about to be modkilled! If he had actually cared about this game you wouldn't have replaced him.

NG7

Smash Lord
foghorn.........................................................

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Frozenflame, this is the third time I have stated this.

SideEffect was replaced. But for the days before that, he still posted saying "Don't replace me!". Obviously, he stopped caring for a while. But the fact that he said "Don't replace me!" meant that he cared then. If he cared enough that he still wanted to play, then I don't see why he would have ignored a PM.

During the time that he was still active/cared, THERE WERE NO MAFIA NIGHT KILLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom