• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Oh, I didn't even see the "in tights" part the first time. It's Superman. The rock is Kryptonite.

This one's kind of long, but it's really good. Took me forever to figure it out:

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Agh! Whoever figures it out must wrap it in the spoiler things!

Oh, I got it.
One of the friends was the bellhop.
Oh, nvm, I'm wrong.

Sorry I dont post as many riddles as I should, but I dont know many. Here's a bad one I heard at school:

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. :rolleyes: He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." Why was he was not let in?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I love this riddle!

Here's how it works...

There's the payment:10+10+10=30
Then the overcharge of 5 dollars:30-5=25

So the price for the room is 25$, the amount paid was 30$.
The bellboy gives 1$ to each of the three and keeps 2$:30-1-1-1-2=25
So there's all the money.

But where the question goes wrong is here: 30-1-1-1+2=29

The way it's worded makes it seem like your adding up all the money but what your doing is subtracting the money returned to reach the actual cost of 25$ then halfway through, going back to adding money to get the total money in question 30$.
By the way, Superman killed by kryptonite is correct.

Here's another one...

Two trains travelling on parrallel tracks in opposite directions, inbetween the two trains the tracks merge into one to go through a tunnel. Both trains go through the tunnel on the same track but don't collide with eachother, how?
And no, IT'S NOT A GHOST TRAIN!!!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The tracks, after they merge, seperate into two different sets of tracks again. All they have to do is go in at different times.

Dale Gribble:
Ahahahahahaha. Actually caused me to lol.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
Correct, most people overlook the fact that it never says they go through at the same time... so was I right, or is the real answer even dumber?

Here's a really stupid one...

There is a room with four corners
There are two monkeys in one corner
There is one mirror facing the monkeys in each of the other three corners

How many monkeys can say they see other monkeys?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You weren't even close. The real answer is much, much dumber. I'll let someone else solve the new riddle since I've heard it before. PS: Solve my riddle!

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
I haven't got a clue with yours, but here's a more lateral riddle for people to ponder...

In the middle of the ocean is a yacht. Several corpses are floating in the water nearby. Nobody was involved in their deaths but the ones who died. Nobody had any motive to kill anyone. If one had survived, they all would have survived.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I asked that before but nobody responded:(.
20 out of 320 on Link please.
Hey gigayoshi I bet that I'll be the first person to reach exactly 1000 points since I have been on such a roll lately.

G

GotMink

pizza seems italian seems like it could have something to do with mafia. and the only mafia we found so far was pizza. so it's seems like a good bet to me.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
There's no smoke, it's an electric train. Old one.
And wait wait wait, is it because egg yolks are clear when raw? That must be the answer. I win!
Rusty - ...2. There's only two monkeys. Where the crap was that riddle going?

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Jezus, Drab just owned me. I can't believe I fell for that.

Larx

Smash Apprentice
There's no smoke, it's an electric train. Old one.
And wait wait wait, is it because egg yolks are clear when raw? That must be the answer. I win!
dude you just need to drop it above 6 feet because it won't break at 6 feet it will brake after

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
He was talking about another riddle, not yours. Now I'll give you a hint on my incredibly dumb riddle.
The middle of middle and the end of end. There, that should make it extremely easy. You guys are thinking too hard for such stupidity.

Gamer_Man_101

Smash Cadet
sorry i dind't answer none of the other riddles but i got a few:

-what is broken every time spoken?
-if it has a quart capacity, how many pennies can you put into a empty piggy bank?

Larx

Smash Apprentice
He was talking about another riddle, not yours. Now I'll give you a hint on my incredibly dumb riddle.
The middle of middle and the end of end. There, that should make it extremely easy. You guys are thinking too hard for such stupidity.
what was your riddle?

Riddle: i am everywhere you look and i am nowhere you look. what am i?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. :rolleyes: He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." Why was he was not let in?
My riddle.
-what is broken every time spoken?
Secret.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." Why was he was not let in?
Because he wasn't a club member.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
To the piggy bank one: Does it have to be?
oh, one because then it stops being empty. Thanks Drab

To the answer of my riddle: No because the password was the only way to see who was.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
pizza seems italian seems like it could have something to do with mafia. and the only mafia we found so far was pizza. so it's seems like a good bet to me.
I was a little afraid right from the start of name claiming that it would come to this, pizza being a stereotypical Italian like mafia. The Godfather actually being a pizza place worried me even more. I know I have no proof, but you guys will just have to believe me: I am not mafia. I told the truth, even though it might come to this, but I trust you guys will just keep me innocent unless proven guilty. I still hold that pizza is a common enough American food to have more than one restaurant by coincedence, just like hamburger does. I have no idea about Marshigio/Pizza Hut, who hasn't been posting much (suspicious?), but I myself am not aligned with them.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh, sorry. Yes, he got the password wrong, but what should he have said? (what's the password) I guess BloodBrowler technically got it right.

Er, sorry. Doraki got the real answer.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
There is a room with four corners
There are two monkeys in one corner
There is one mirror facing the monkeys in each of the other three corners

How many monkeys can say they see other monkeys?
WRONG!!!
The answer is 0! Monkeys can't talk!

And somebody solve this one...
In the middle of the ocean is a yacht. Several corpses are floating in the water nearby. Nobody was involved in their deaths but the ones who died. Nobody had any motive to kill anyone. If one had survived, they all would have survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom