• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
To Solar's riddle: Equator if nightime doesn't count.

"A man has been wandering in the desert for many days. One day, he wanders upon a vending machine (that is magically on). He has carried no money with him since he entered the desert and is too weak to try to break it. How does he buy a drink?"-Ice Climbers 2. (I dont know the answer to this one.)

"I never was, am always to be, no one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball."-tmw_redcell(I solved it, I think)
tommorow. is that how you spell it?o.O

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
To Solar's riddle: Equator if nightime doesn't count.

"A man has been wandering in the desert for many days. One day, he wanders upon a vending machine (that is magically on). He has carried no money with him since he entered the desert and is too weak to try to break it. How does he buy a drink?"-Ice Climbers 2. (I dont know the answer to this one.)
If you don't know the answer, then why did you post it? There is no way for us to know if we are right.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay, I have a couple, I'll post more as the previous ones are solved. This one's kinda old, so forgive me:

A man is working on the 38th floor of a skyscraper. On a sudden fit of madness, he breaks the nearest window and leaps through it. He has no parachute and no device of any kind to slow his fall or cushion his impact yet he survives unscathed. How?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If you don't know the answer, then why did you post it? There is no way for us to know if we are right.
You guys are smart so I'll trust someone to get it. You can tell if you're right if the answer makes sense.

BloodBowler said:
A man is working on the 38th floor of a skyscraper. On a sudden fit of madness, he breaks the nearest window and leaps through it. He has no parachute and no device of any kind to slow his fall or cushion his impact yet he survives unscathed. How?
Er... the window he broke didn't lead to the outside?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
You got me there. He's a window cleaner and thus works on the outside of the building and jumps through to land on the inside.

Next riddle:

Impossible to catch, Easy to hold,
Hard to see, Except when cold.

What am I?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You got me there. He's a window cleaner and thus works on the outside of the building and jumps through to land on the inside.

Next riddle:

Impossible to catch, Easy to hold,
Hard to see, Except when cold.

What am I?
Breath.

I can't be stolen, but I can be taken. I can't be broken, but I can be shattered. I can't be held, but I can be carried. I can't be eaten, but I can be swallowed.

What am I?

This took me forever to figure out

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It took me ten seconds. Pride.

Edit: "Swallowed" gave it away.

Riddle:
What goes up, but at the same time goes down, up to the sky and down to the ground, my present tense and my past tense too, lets go for a ride just me and you...what am I?

Jerks not solving my riddles. It's
a see-saw you lazy bunch of bums!

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Well I am Wendys. Now that we have all listed our food places what do we do now? None of these names look too suspicious to me really. The only real obvious one was Godfathers Pizza lol.

1.Bahamut-Ming Tree/Primarily:Chinese Food
2.Kujirudo-Starbucks/Primarily:Coffee...and what does starbucks usually serve to eat? lol.
3.Camo man-Dairy Queen/Primarily: Hamburgers
4.Skylink-
Godfather's Pizza/Primarily: Pizza
5.Frozen Flame751-Sonic/Primarily: Hamburgers
6.DiamondFalcon-Sbarro/Primarily: Pizza
7.tails3535-Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC/Primarily: Chicken
8.Thedocsalive-Subway/Primarily: Sub Sandwiches
9.ZMan-Cinnibon/Primarily: Cinnamon Buns
10.Marshigio-Pizza Hut/Primarily: Pizza
11.GotMink-Chik-Fil-A/Primarily: Chicken
12.CommonYoshi-White Castle/Primarily: Hamburgers
13.SideEffect001-Wendys/Primarily: Hamburgers

Here you go, even color coded for you all :p
With 1 mafia member down there are 2 more to go and possibly 1 independent/Vigilante. The only thing I actually notice is that there are 3 mafia members total in this game and 3 Pizza places. But it's more than likely coincedence...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
And Starbucks will take over the world one day. >.>
Muahaha, watch my dangerous hot coffee xD.

**** SideEffect, I wanted to make a list.. <_< Ah never mind, this doesn't make me waste my time then^^. Btw Side, what do you mean with the 'and what does Starbucks usually serve to eat?' thing? Cause I don't know the café itself(Yeah, I'm not from the US like you probally know).

mario91

Smash Cadet
It looks like it
Hurt only Mute City
---------------------------
Final Destination-24
Hyrule Temple-22
Yoshi Island-19
Big Blue-18
Princess Peach Castle-15
Jungle Japes-15
Great Bay-15
Kongo Jungle-15
Brinstar-15
Mushroom Kingdom-15
Mushroom Kingdom II-15
Battlefield- 15
Kongo Jungle 64- 15
Pokefloats-13
Brinstar Depts-12
Fountain of Dreams-11
Venom-9
Mute City-5
--------------------------
(R.I.P.)
Yoshi's Story (22nd)
Corneria (23th)
Yoshi's Island 64 (24th)
Fourside (25th)
Rainbow Cruise (26th)
Dream Land 64 (27th)
Onett (28th)
Pokemon Stadium (29th)
Icicle Mountion (30th)
Flat Zone (31st)

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Starbucks sometimes has stuff like bagels, cinnamon rolls or sandwiches but mostly it's just a hundred different types of coffee.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont get it... Icecream?

The answer is
invisible because if all the walls are to the south, he must have built it on axis of the North Pole. The North Pole doesn't have bears.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The answer is
invisible because if all the walls are to the south, he must have built it on axis of the North Pole. The North Pole doesn't have bears.
I think the basic idea is that it's a polar bear, even though polar bears don't "technically" live that far north. Most people don't actually know that.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Smoke? What does it mean by "go up a chimney down"?

Oh, IC.
umbrella since if you open "up" an umbrella, it gets bigger so it cant go down the chimney. If the umbrella is "down," then it gets smaller allowing it enough space. Wohoo!

Edit: The up and down thing made me think of a sail which then made me then think of an umbrella.
My second guess was Santa. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom