• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Sooo... many...... big..... words....

Anyways, it's not for certain, and it's certainly better than standing around, scratching our heads, then bandwagoning on a townie since we have nothing better to do.

pezaddict

Smash Lord
Thats not cool because I don't know what it is. :p

I'm cool becuase I didn't fail the 9th grade.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
agentli said:
Ok, let me try and explain my argument in simpler terms....

The thing is, if you have a distinct specialized restaurant name for each power role, (which is what we are going for) I mean to say that it's not all roses. If that happens, we are sure to reveal both town and mafia power roles. When that happens, then what? Are we willing to sacrifice both the doc and the cop for a few mafia? What I am saying is that the plot that we are hatching to foil the mafia will not come as "Woot! we caught some mafia!". It will come as "Hmmm we caught a few suspicious people who are not telling the truth, and they could be both mafia or town power players." In that situation, we have no idea who is who, but the mafia does, since the mafia will claim town power roles. A correlation between names and power roles will only serve the mafia.

If there is no correlation between names and roles, then we get no where. It will only serve the mafia in that situation.
Ummmm what are you talking about? Since when are we hoping that restaurant names will reveal power roles? We distinctly described that as the BAD scenario. What we a REALLY hoping for is this; the mafia members will have restaurant names that are similar to one another and will draw an obvious connection between those players, giving away that they are in a group, that group being the mafia. If this is in fact the case, the mafia can do one of two things. They either hope that the town won't notice their similar restaurants and claim legit, or they false claim out of fear that the town WILL figure them out. In the latter situation, the mafia will either get lucky with their false claims and no one will counter claim them, or they will be unlucky and claim a restaurant a townie already has. If that happens, score one for the town because we are pretty much guaranteed that in the event of a claim and a counter claim, one of the two claimers are not town alligned, and will be killed in due time.

Do you get it now?

Oh and just an FYI, yes we should all be glad to sacrifice a doc and a cop for a couple of mafia, ESPECIALLY in a mini game, seeing as how there shouldn't be more than 4 mafia members, with 3 mafia members being the most likely size. I don't care what roles they have (unless they have some uber jacked auto town win power :laugh: ), I would jump at the opportunity to sacrifice two townies if it was guaranteed that by sacrificing them we killed off 2/4 or better yet 2/3 of the mafia. Not to do so would just be plain foolish for a town alligned player.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Ok, I think I get it now, and I really dont care. It's not like a certain restraunt is going to be named Healing Teashop or Guilitine Grease. If you guys do decide to do this, I'll go ahead and volunteer to be the first to say my restraunt's name.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Well, like we said, we will have to go in a pre-determined order to reduce chance of mafia success. The problem is 2 people in the game are gone for at least the rest of the weekend (see Kuijurudo and SideEffect's posts). Should we skip them for now and come back to them or wait until they return? In the mean time, everyone who hasn't posted an opinion on the name claim deal should voice.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
frozenflame751 said:
What we a REALLY hoping for is this; the mafia members will have restaurant names that are similar to one another and will draw an obvious connection between those players, giving away that they are in a group, that group being the mafia. If this is in fact the case, the mafia can do one of two things. They either hope that the town won't notice their similar restaurants and claim legit, or they false claim out of fear that the town WILL figure them out. In the latter situation, the mafia will either get lucky with their false claims and no one will counter claim them, or they will be unlucky and claim a restaurant a townie already has. If that happens, score one for the town because we are pretty much guaranteed that in the event of a claim and a counter claim, one of the two claimers are not town alligned, and will be killed in due time.
However, this wilil never happen because of the fact that no mafia is going to claim a restaurant name similair to another mafia member. That would be stupid. Therefore what you are hoping for is useless. However what they will do is lie about their restaurant name. When we are doing this investigation, there are 3 sorts of people who will have to lie about their restaurants, (assuming that the restaurant names and the roles are similair) The town power players, The independents, and the mafia. While it is true you will catch some mafia, you will also catch town, and town power players as a result of false positives. We have no idea who will be who. There is also no way of confirming who is town and who is mafia. Therefore, please explain to me in this situation how you plan on catching some mafia lying when you don't even know who is town and who is mafia.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
Also, what happens when a town power player and another townie collide on a lie? The town poewr players MUST lie if they are to mask their true identities. Do we automatically assume they are mafia? What happens then?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
agentli said:
However, this wilil never happen because of the fact that no mafia is going to claim a restaurant name similair to another mafia member. That would be stupid. Therefore what you are hoping for is useless.
Oh really? How can you be so sure? What if is what the mafia WANT you to think? If everyone think sthat the mafia claiming similar restaurants is such a stupid move that they would never do it, guess what teh mafia is going to do? DO IT. This is all WIFOM. It one big mind game. You can't assume what the mafia will or will not do. The ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THE MAFIA RE GOING TO DO ARE THE MAFIA THEMSELVES. PERIOD.
agentli said:
However what they will do is lie about their restaurant name. When we are doing this investigation, there are 3 sorts of people who will have to lie about their restaurants, (assuming that the restaurant names and the roles are similair) The town power players, The independents, and the mafia. While it is true you will catch some mafia, you will also catch town, and town power players as a result of false positives. We have no idea who will be who. There is also no way of confirming who is town and who is mafia. Therefore, please explain to me in this situation how you plan on catching some mafia lying when you don't even know who is town and who is mafia.
What are you talking about? Why would a town member lie about his/her name? That would have to be the stupidest action a townie could take. Even if the town power roles have restauarant names that give them away (which is HIGHLY unlikely by the way), they still should not lie about their names because like you said it will cause utter and complete chaos. If townies lie, they are going to get themselves killed because a widely accepted motto of mafia is "lynch all liars." A town member should have nothing to hide and therefore should be completely honest at all time. By lying and causing a counter claim, just liek you said, we wouldn't know that they are actually townies lying and arguing amongst themselves. But, if us townies are smart and actually think about it for a second, we would all realize that by lying about our names just to prevent the possibility that someone MIGHT figure out our role sbased on our restauarnt names, we are causing a bigger problem then teh problem taht would be cause by a possible role reveal. So in conclusion, no sensible townie should ever lie about his/her role which means the only people who should get caught in a claim counter-claim situation are mafia and independants and we obviously don't havea problem with killing them.

agentli said:
Also, what happens when a town power player and another townie collide on a lie? The town poewr players MUST lie if they are to mask their true identities. Do we automatically assume they are mafia? What happens then?
Townies shouldn't lie as I explained. The solution to your oh so complex problem is so simple. If us townies don't lie we don't have a problem. Understand now?

nux23

Smash Ace
That's not cool because you could've done better and go from 9th to 11th grade.

I'm kool because I like family guy

tails3535

Smash Apprentice
1. The First Turnabout, Turnabout Sisters, Turnabout Samurai, Turnabout Goodbyes, and Rise from the Ashes.
2. Kiddie Kong.
3. Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn.
4. Boost Guardian.
5. Young Harman Smith.

tails3535

Smash Apprentice
Thats not cool because you spelled cool wrong

I'm cool because this is my favorite website (probably)

PIKACHUz

Smash Apprentice
Hurt only Mute City
--------------------
Mute City-35
Final Destination-24
Hyrule Temple-20
Yoshi's Island-18
Big Blue-18
Fountain of Dreams-17
Princess Peach's Castle-15
Jungle Japes-15
Great Bay-15
Kongo Jungle-15
Venom-15
Brinstar-15
Mushroom Kingdom-15
Mushroom Kingdom II-15
Brinstar Depths-15
Battlefield-15
Kongo Jungle 64-15
Pokefloats-13
Yoshi's Story-12
Yoshi's Island 64-10
Corneria-10
Fourside-9
Rainbow Cruise-6

----RIP----
Dream Land 64 (27th)
Onett (28th)
Pokemon Stadium (29th)
Icicle Mountain (28th)
Flat Zone (29th)

G

GotMink

see your point frozen, but li also has valid point. this would require everyone to cooperate, and if one person botches it, it's done for.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
GotMink said:
see your point frozen, but li also has valid point. this would require everyone to cooperate, and if one person botches it, it's done for.
Which is why we wait until everyone hsa agreed to do it before we start. If someone goes back on their word then they are obviously not town. *sigh* Simple solutions to simple problems people...

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I wish there was a Burger King and they could feed Whoppers with chese to people. That'd be cool if they targeted me then.... :chuckle:

My position still stands where it was.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
2-3 days! Which one is it? If you remember, please post. I'll give you a cookie. :chuckle:

Nearly all roles in.....

And tails3535 is replacing Riciardos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom