• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Its 3 days isnt it? And I am going to be gone for about a week. I might get on every once in awhile, but not for sure. Back next thursday or friday.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
4:Definitely Boost Gaurdian.My brother hated Dark Samus,but he sucks.

Edit:Are yu talking about the American FE,or the Japanese?American is Eliwood Hector and Lyn.Japanese I think is Marth,Roy,and,uhhh,do not remember.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
frozenflame751 said:
Oh really? How can you be so sure? What if is what the mafia WANT you to think? If everyone think sthat the mafia claiming similar restaurants is such a stupid move that they would never do it, guess what teh mafia is going to do? DO IT. This is all WIFOM. It one big mind game. You can't assume what the mafia will or will not do.
Gee frozen that seems like one big mind game. I serously doubt that a conspiracy theory like what you have just laid out would happen. If the mafia roles revealed who they were, who wouldn't lie?

frozenflame751 said:
What are you talking about? Why would a town member lie about his/her name? That would have to be the stupidest action a townie could take. Even if the town power roles have restauarant names that give them away (which is HIGHLY unlikely by the way), they still should not lie about their names because like you said it will cause utter and complete chaos. If townies lie, they are going to get themselves killed because a widely accepted motto of mafia is "lynch all liars." A town member should have nothing to hide and therefore should be completely honest at all time. By lying and causing a counter claim, just liek you said, we wouldn't know that they are actually townies lying and arguing amongst themselves. But, if us townies are smart and actually think about it for a second, we would all realize that by lying about our names just to prevent the possibility that someone MIGHT figure out our role sbased on our restauarnt names, we are causing a bigger problem then teh problem taht would be cause by a possible role reveal. So in conclusion, no sensible townie should ever lie about his/her role which means the only people who should get caught in a claim counter-claim situation are mafia and independants and we obviously don't havea problem with killing them.
A townie would lie to save themselves from the night kill, expecially the town power players. This is to mask their true identities from the mafia. Obviously the mafia want to kill the cop and the doc. Therefore the doc and the cop lie about their roles. That is situation A, if the roles are defined by the restaurant names. In this situation, if you don't mask your identity you will get night whacked. I agree, no normal townie shouold lie. But a specialized townie SHOULD lie. Also, now that we have brought this up, don't you realize that a mafia member could claim to be a cop or doc? What happens then? When they are caught lying, then we will be uberconfused on who to lynch. What happens when we lynch the wrong guy? When we are down to 2 people in an argument on who is townie, and both of them seem to have "lied", what do you do? Lynch both of them? What if a townie dies? Then we go back the next day? Great. By day's end we will have 3 townies dead (SK, mafia, lynch).
Your solution seems simple, but tell me how we figure out who is who. Do we take a person's word for it? What about the other person? Oh i know, we can do eny meeny miny moe!

If the roles do are not defined by the restaurant names, then the only thing we have to gain is a "I told you so" and the fact the mafia has a better i dea of who is who.

Townies lie to mask their identities. Not all townies will. But the power players will. You may say that if no one lies, then we have caught the mafia. But eureka, that won't happen. Someone IS bound to lie, and maybe for the good of the town. Also, address this. What happens when we catch a mafia member lying. Obviously one will be town. Will we go, "Ok, you are going to die, we will lynch the other later , if we got the wrong guy." Well that seems sacrificial and only gives the mafia another night to kill a townie. While this may seem to be the best option, instead of a no lynch or etc, this option is flawed. Maybe it be best if we go after an inactive instead.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
frozenflame751 said:
Which is why we wait until everyone hsa agreed to do it before we start. If someone goes back on their word then they are obviously not town. *sigh* Simple solutions to simple problems people...
This puts the doc and the cop at a dangerous position early in the game. I'm not sure this is what we want to do. If it goes wrong, then obviously we're crippled from day one. Is this really what is best for us?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
My restraunt's name had nothing special so I didn't even understand this whole thing, at first. I'm going to assume that people who understood this right from the beginning had special names to fit their roles. In which case... I vote against the perso who started this thing in the first place...

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I don't know why you don't think a townie wouldn't lie to protect themselves from the Mafia, especially if they're the Doc or Cop.

A mass roleclaim on day one is ********. End of story.

G

GotMink

Bahamut disagrees. therefore either convince him it's a good idea or it can't happen.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Finally!
Yoshi won!​

Yoshi's extreme ability to combo made him win! Sorry for the delay, but we went to a baseball game. They had free bread there! They shoved it into our hands as we went out and came home with EIGHT loaves of bread :eek: ! As for the scoreboard, I decided that someone could get the job of scorekeeper! They get a weekly point bonus. PM me if you want to sign up. Who knows, we might need a backup score keeper! ;) Plus I had a lot of fun with AR. Super AR Mario was so fun! Especially when I did the rapid fire fireballs so it was a constant stream of fire! :laugh:

Next match:

Yoshi
vs.
DK

Now DK got near Yoshi's nest! :rolleyes:

I like nux3. +1 point to him!

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Shyaaa.... of course...

But then, there's still a few roles out there.

So, is Ronike the only one missing?

And Ronike, here's your promised cookie!

(>'_')>@

camo-man

Smash Cadet
But the mafia won't know whether to lie or not, since they don't know who the townies actually are, in terms of role. So, they might think there's no difference and stick out like a sore thumb, or panic, lie, and get caught in the process, which is a big plus for the town.

PIKACHUz

Smash Apprentice
Every 6 hours right??

Hurt only Mute City
------------------------
Mute City-32
Final Destination-24
Hyrule Temple-20
Yoshi's Island-18
Big Blue-18
Fountain of Dreams-17
Princess Peach's Castle-15
Jungle Japes-15
Great Bay-15
Kongo Jungle-15
Venom-15
Brinstar-15
Mushroom Kingdom-15
Mushroom Kingdom II-15
Brinstar Depths-15
Battlefield-15
Kongo Jungle 64-15
Pokefloats-13
Yoshi's Story-12
Yoshi's Island 64-10
Corneria-10
Fourside-9

----RIP----
Rainbow Cruise (26th)
Dream Land 64 (27th)
Onett (28th)
Pokemon Stadium (29th)
Icicle Mountain (28th)
Flat Zone (29th)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
agentli said:
Gee frozen that seems like one big mind game. I serously doubt that a conspiracy theory like what you have just laid out would happen. If the mafia roles revealed who they were, who wouldn't lie?
Did you not understand what I just said? Just because a certain action seems way to obvious and stupid doesn't mean the mafia wont't do it. As a matter of fact, if everyone thinks that the mafia would never do a certain thing because it is way too obvious, guess what the mafia is probably going to do? DO IT! Want to know why? Because ignorant townies will blow it off and say "whoa that is way to obvious to be a mafia mistake", which is the poor mentality you seem to have at the moment.

agentli said:
A townie would lie to save themselves from the night kill, expecially the town power players. This is to mask their true identities from the mafia. Obviously the mafia want to kill the cop and the doc. Therefore the doc and the cop lie about their roles. That is situation A, if the roles are defined by the restaurant names. In this situation, if you don't mask your identity you will get night whacked. I agree, no normal townie shouold lie. But a specialized townie SHOULD lie. Also, now that we have brought this up, don't you realize that a mafia member could claim to be a cop or doc? What happens then? When they are caught lying, then we will be uberconfused on who to lynch. What happens when we lynch the wrong guy? When we are down to 2 people in an argument on who is townie, and both of them seem to have "lied", what do you do? Lynch both of them? What if a townie dies? Then we go back the next day? Great. By day's end we will have 3 townies dead (SK, mafia, lynch).
Your solution seems simple, but tell me how we figure out who is who. Do we take a person's word for it? What about the other person? Oh i know, we can do eny meeny miny moe!
YOU. NEED. TO. MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND! Stop flip flopping! First you say "oh noes! what happens when a townie lies and gets counter claimed by another townie! Then we end up killing two townies! OH NOES! BADBADBAD!" Now you're saying "OH NOES! By trying to avoid causing the town to lynch its own members because they catch each other lying, we have to take a chance that the power roles restaurant names might be revealing!" DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT. Would you rather have power roles lie and possibly cause multiple town lynches? Or would you rather take a SMALL chance that restaurant names might be revealing and end up causing counter claims that will ultimately result in a mafia death? I don't know about you, but the latter seems like a much better idea to me. As I have already stated (which you obviously didn't pay attention to) even if we are sacrificing power roles to kill mafia members WE ARE STILL GOING TO WIN. Just an FYI here, there are way less mafia then there are town AND you don't NEED power roles to win. Sure they might make things a little easier but they aren't a neccessity, and I'd be more than willing to sacrifice them to catch one or two mafia members. Also, as far as what happens in a claim/counter-claim situation, obviously we don't immediately know which of the two is anti-town. That's not a problem though. If we screw up and lynch the wrong person the anti-town player is going to end up dead either the next morning if we have a vig, or at the end of the next day by means of a lynch. So what if we lose two townies every night at the hands of the mafia and an SK. The town will win with a 2:1 kill ratio town:mafia, assuming we have three mafia in this game. 13 players: 10 town 3 mafia. 10 - 6 = 4; 3-3 = 0.
Town wins. That's no brain buster. Besides, if we take our time when it comes to deciding who is the right lynch, we'll probably get it right.

agentli said:
If the roles do are not defined by the restaurant names, then the only thing we have to gain is a "I told you so" and the fact the mafia has a better i dea of who is who.
Eh what? "If the roles do are not defined..."? Are you sayig "Do" or "are not"? Clarification please.

agentli said:
Townies lie to mask their identities. Not all townies will. But the power players will. You may say that if no one lies, then we have caught the mafia. But eureka, that won't happen. Someone IS bound to lie, and maybe for the good of the town. Also, address this. What happens when we catch a mafia member lying. Obviously one will be town. Will we go, "Ok, you are going to die, we will lynch the other later , if we got the wrong guy." Well that seems sacrificial and only gives the mafia another night to kill a townie. While this may seem to be the best option, instead of a no lynch or etc, this option is flawed. Maybe it be best if we go after an inactive instead.
Ok, in your recent posts you've descibed a situation of utter chaos involving lying townies getting each other killed. Any sensible townie would want to avoid that deplorable situation correct? Well, if that is the case, then any sensible townie WOULD NOT LIE during the name claim. Why is someone bound to lie? Is it your beleif that a random townie is just gonna think "awww to heck with it I feel like totally screwing my team over and lying, even though the dire consequences of doing so have been explained multiple times"? If that happens, well, then I don't know what to tell you. I can't help it if some dumb*** wants to ruin the game for everyone. Saying someone is bound to lie, and possibly for the good of the town is totally contradictory to what you've been saying all along. If a townie lies, extreme chaos could ensue. If this is the case, then how in the world is having a town lie benficial to the town? I honestly don't see where you are going agentli, you constantly flip flop and ultimately conclude we should just go after an inactive. How will that get us anywhere? What discussion is that going to create? You have quite a bit of explaining to do my friend.

camo-man said:
But the mafia won't know whether to lie or not, since they don't know who the townies actually are, in terms of role. So, they might think there's no difference and stick out like a sore thumb, or panic, lie, and get caught in the process, which is a big plus for the town.
THANK YOU CAMO-MAN! For those of you who don't understand what I'm trying to say, good ol' camo-man has simplified it for you here. The entire situation is obviously more complex (if it wasn't I wouldn't be writing paragraphs about it), but this right here is a good starting point for the pro-name claim argument.

And for all you people who disagree with the name-claim, (yes NAME-claim Bahamut, not role claim) I beleive you should try and be a bit more productive and instea dof saying "no that's a bad idea" you should maybe try suggesting another idea. I have this strange feeling that you'd be more helpful if you did more than just say "I don't agree" and constantly make us repeat ourselves. :dizzy:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I meant that since I am an unimportant character (or so I claim), I got an unimportant name that had no meaning. I didn't understand the mass roleclaim because I thought that all player's restraunts had nothing to do with their roles also. But someone with a significant role may have had a significant name that reflected on his role, and he probably thought that other character's names reflected on their roles also. That's why I voted for the one who came up with the idea in the first place since he was most likely be be an important character of some sort. I just hope he's not a sheriff.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
commonyoshi said:
I meant that since I am an unimportant character (or so I claim), I got an unimportant name that had no meaning. I didn't understand the mass roleclaim because I thought that all player's restraunts had nothing to do with their roles also. But someone with a significant role may have had a significant name that reflected on his role, and he probably thought that other character's names reflected on their roles also. That's why I voted for the one who came up with the idea in the first place since he was most likely be be an important character of some sort. I just hope he's not a sheriff.
So pretty much what you're saying is, you have a poor ability/no ability and have what you claim is an unimportant restaurant name, and because your unimportant role matches your unimportant restaurant name, you think that important roles will have important restaurant names? That's what I'm getting out of this post. I really don;t agree with that at all. I can't imagine that restaurant names could be dead giveaways to a person's role. For more information on my side of the argument, I suggest you re-read the last couple pages. There is a lot of content there that you really need to think about. And after re-reading that, if you still don't want a name claim, start thinking about another way to fuel discussion, because I have a strong feeling that this topic is going to die soon.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
... I never said that I thought that the restraunt's names would reflect on the roles. I said that if they did, the important players would be the only ones to know which is why they suggested this whole thing in the first place. Going with my assumption, I have no idea wether the one I voted against is mafia or if he is a cop or something.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
commonyoshi said:
... I never said that I thought that the restraunt's names would reflect on the roles. I said that if they did, the important players would be the only ones to know which is why they suggested this whole thing in the first place. Going with my assumption, I have no idea wether the one I voted against is mafia or if he is a cop or something.
Oh I see. You're saying that thedocsalive is probably either a power role or mafia, because they know whether or not restaurant names give roles away. Fair enough. Although I will say this, just because one person's restaurant name may be revealing in that player's opinion, doesn't mean that all the others are. I still don't think thedocsalive is scum though, because IMO nameclaiming is pretty risky for them. Also, if he was a power role with a revealing name I'm pretty sure he wouldn't suggest name claiming. So our possibilities are he's either scum, or a townie with a non-revealing name, and I'm leaning heavily towards the latter.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
tails3535 said:
I will be gone tomorrow for a week sorry for the short notice.
And Day 1 ends on Thursday; which means that we will have to skip him, and cut our chances of success with a name claim. No clue what else we could discuss though, name claim seemed like a good place to start. :confused:

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I agree with most everything that has been said by frozenflame thus far, and how a mass name claim will most likely help the town more than the mafia. Though with time ticking away, and roughly five days left, I'm not sure if we'll be able to get the name claim off on day one. However, if we ultimately decide that it is the best option, which it is IMO, then we can start day two with it. Day one will probably end weakly with no lynch, anyway.

I'm kind of surprised at Bahamut's post. For all the pages of discussion we've had on this matter, you mix up a mass roleclaim with a mass nameclaim? Obviously, a mass roleclaim day one is a bad idea in any non-broken setup. But, for reasons already stated lots of times, a mass nameclaim can be helpful to the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom