• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
Then you would greatly resemble Rob Schnieder.

What if John Schnieder is actually John Goodman?

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
You know you've played too much SSBM when...

Well, I saw this topic on another forum, and I thought I'd make one here.
1. You try to do Luigi's Right+B in real life. : P
2. You stand next to a tree shaped like the Green Greens tree and wonder why it won't blow you across the stage.
3. You attempt to do character taunts in public.(like Kirby's or Link's)
You guys can do the rest.If this is the wrong forum can a moderator move it please.
P.S. I know my selections really suck, but I hope other members have some more good ones!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
3. You attempt to do character taunts in public.(like Kirby's or Link's

I don't attempt to say "Show me ya Moves!" and the approprtiate action I actually do it.

4. When you knee people in the face.

5. You pull turnips out of the ground regardless of the fact that there not yours and are located in someone else garden.

6. You then toss the turnip at the nearest person. Hard.

7. You make posts on Smashboards about why you play Smash too much

8. You download an anti-smoking ad (http://www.quitnow.info.au/warnings/tvc.htm) just because there is a noise that sounds like Donkey Kongs Foward + B move...

9. You laugh at the ad when you see it

10. You put the ad on a cd and take it to your Smashing friends place and watch it so they can laugh at it to.

Jay0

Smash Rookie
you threaten kids at school saying, u will 4 stock their ***'s

when at a funeral u get up to speak and say how this death could have been avoided if the person knew how to wd =(

when getting on the subway u try to edge guard the door so nobody else can get on

when u hear the word "fair" u dont think of fair u think of a forward air attack instead

u still think the earth is flat, and u can be smashed of the edge

u avoid eating mushrooms cus u dont want to be too big or too small

when u practise combos irl on balls (soocer, tennis, golf balls even?)

u went to see final destination 3 cus u thought it was a new level that was gonna be on the next ssb only to find it was a movie

getting less n less funny now so ill stop =D

Devil's Advocate

Smash Cadet
When you're angry at someone for beating you in smash so you point your controller at them and try to attack them... sad but it's happened more than once!!

When you get in a fight with someone and wonder why your shield doesn't work

When you try to do another jump in midair

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
This has been done before in forum games...but

When you wake up happy and feel like taking your bed covers, cutting them into a nice rectangle shape, going outside, and going to the neares highway where you see a car coming at you at 60 mph and just when it hits you, you take out your cape and expect to see it flip around cause i huge car pile up.

Yoshi in Style

Smash Apprentice
Mach Rider said:
Well, I saw this topic on another forum, and I thought I'd make one here.
1. You try to do Luigi's Right+B in real life. : P
2. You stand next to a tree shaped like the Green Greens tree and wonder why it won't blow you across the stage.
3. You attempt to do character taunts in public.(like Kirby's or Link's)
You guys can do the rest.If this is the wrong forum can a moderator move it please.
P.S. I know my selections really suck, but I hope other members have some more good ones!
Your selections don't suck at all! I'm +repping you!

Plomid

Smash Ace
i made a similar thread this one on the forum games well what seemed to draw away the attention was the name (1000 resons to stop smashing) but ok ill say me idea

you make a vid like cash battle 2 (wich by the way rocks)

Blind

Honorbound
You can't watch movies with soldiers in them, because everytime somebody salutes you yell "Show me your moves!"

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
1. When you and your friends can talk about SSBM for an entire 3-4 hour road-trip back from a tournament.
2. When you create a list of things you must train at in order to improve your skills.
3. When you're looking up and memorizing the frame data regarding your character's moves.
4. When you walk past a couple and wish you had a Nana by your side.
5. When your excuse for not having a girlfriend is "Because I don't have enough time," because all your free time is dedicated to smash.

...Ok, this is getting too personal for me.

Aiser

Smash Lord
when you're playing magic and you think you can avoid the hits by power shielding.

great_gonz

Smash Rookie
When you start referring to everyother game in terms of smash.

The last time I played Halo (which was a good 4 months ago), I made some random comment about dashdancing (strafing) and I just got weird looks.

I try to tech in every game I play

I am completely worthless at Street Fighter anymore.

I've lost any desire to own a 360 or PS3, mainly because the only game I play is Smash, and the Rev is coming.

Refusal of playing any game other than Smash.

At school, a reward for studying is playing Smash, which results in no studying the rest of the night.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
-You have the ability to edgetech the air.

-Your Bowser wavedashes faster than the best Luigi in the world across FD.

-You revel in joy when you find a vegetable, and he/she happens to be a stitchface (2 metaphors OMG!)

-You kill Bush with a Turnip

-You know all the member names on SWF

-...and have met each individual one to smash

-...and have killed every single one that beat you...

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
-when u see a mushroom in MKdoubledash and expect you to become bigger.

-when you practice l-canceling in your free time using your hands

-when you play out matches against comps in your head when your bored in class

-when u play melee when ur gf is around and try to show off your skill when she dunno what the hell is going on

-when you wake up in the morn and 1st thing you think about is smash

-when you play so much lose/win and you feel like u wanna quit the game but it never happens

-when your in karate class and you hear "keeyap" noises and think someone is smash attacking to omuch making all those sounds

-when you hear someone at school bring up smash and you talk to them even if you dont know them, find out if they know the basics, and say you can kick their *** under any rules and challenge them for $5 at your house if they are cocky

-when your at kaiser getting a pyshical for sports with some Idian lady as your doctor touchin your b***z telling you to turn one way and cough and your thikning about the next video your going to make

dude seriously i was laughing out loud reading the other post and some ppl in my computer class were looking at me LOL

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When you wind up your arm and think you punch harder while doing that.

When you think you can pull out a turpin in the middle of the street.

If your in a fight you jump and attack and think you can L cancel your fall.

If you go bungee jumping without a rope and hope you arent on your last stock.

You think you survive longer because your heavier than your firends.

Naming your later childs Falco and Peach.

Tell your mom she has to cook Maximum Tomatoes.

Sendra

Smash Cadet
You and your friends attempt to wavedash in real life.

You start jumping before doing attacks in other games and actually bother to find reasoning behind it.

You can tell if your having a good/bad smash day by ceartain actions of yours before you actually play smash.

You can't play any other fighting games because after knocking your opponent in the air you go for an SHDFA

Marth101

Smash Journeyman
-When you try to find out the difference from short hopping and normal jumping in real life
-When you can actually Wavedash
-When you get into a fight and try to mess with ur opponenets mind by jumping forward and then wavelanding backwards.
-You expect to get invinciblilty frames while hanging on a ledge

-When you squat and "charge" up attempting to Firefox

-If you outrun your friend or perform msomthing cool in sports you do your favorite characters taunt( especially hilaryous with Ganondorf)

Blind

Honorbound
You refer to seconds as "frames."

You pick up a ball that's rolling on the sidewalk, claiming you "tech chased" it.

You have a box of q-tips devoted to cleaning your controller.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh god... Honor, the cleaning the controller bit... That was too close to home.

I will admit, I practice getting the muscle memory for technicals right, even when I have no controller.

Also, I am totally going to SHL the next time I go lazer tagging.

Btw, Honor, I officially hate you, and can't wait to own you at CCCT. I'm never going to be able to watch another war movie again.

Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom