• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I were to move to TX...

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Which would be the best place to move to, smash wise.

A.Austin
B.Dallas
C.Wherever caveman lives
or D. Houston

Plz help, because I may be moving to TX in the future.

edit: where does Caveman live? lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Which would be the best place to move to, smash wise.

A.Austin
B.Dallas
C.Wherever caveman lives
or D. Houston

Plz help, because I may be moving to TX in the future.

edit: where does Caveman live? lol
It is a hard decision really. I have lived in Austin and Dallas for years and I like Austin more.

Smash-wise:

Dallas: Ocassional tournaments but they have smashfests pretty often.

Houston: Biggest tournament scene, they don't really ever have smashfests though. And the roads suck.

Austin: Almost no tournament scene, we travel. But biweeklies are going to be starting up soon. Also, austin has Melee only smashfests at UT every friday. Brawl smasfests happen often at random times.

I would say Austin, but I am probably biased lol. We are kind of in the middle of texas. 3 hours away from Houston. Same with Dallas. 1 hour away from San Antonio which holds tournaments and Caveman lives there >_>. Austin also has FastLikeTree and Xelic if you want to play melee.

defsithe

Smash Ace
u forgot choice E. the valley!
hahaha

san antonio or austin both are basically in the middle of texas; both great places. san antonio is my personal favorite and u have caveman.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Houston is home of the most tournaments and the best players. We have t-rex,sethlon,royr,mr.3000 and TGM(me). Plus, we have over 55 players in the houston area. The oly other awesome player we DO NOT HAVE BUT WE REALLY WANT.....is hylian. hes an austin kid.

PS: caveman ain to hot at brawl.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you like Melee, come to Dallas.

If you like Crawl...I guess go to Houston? I don't keep up with the scene.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
DoH, the Brawl scene is good in Dallas isn't it? Zaft throws brawl fests along with melee fests (kind of counts?) I dunno the area too much, I'd listen to DoH...

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Houston has the biggest tournaments, but Austin isn't too far from Houston and you have the advantage of living in an awesome city (with horrible traffic). If you like other things besides Smash, go with Austin. If you like Mexican food and tequila, go with San Antonio (though there is 0 tourney scene there). If you are a douche, go to Dallas (just kidding, kind of :p). If you are a hardcore uber smash megaman 5000 go to Houston.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you're classy, come to Dallas. The Brawl scene is pretty good here as well, but we seem to have the strongest Melee scene in the state.

Because we're ahead of the curve.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Houston has the biggest tournaments, but Austin isn't too far from Houston and you have the advantage of living in an awesome city (with horrible traffic). If you like other things besides Smash, go with Austin. If you like Mexican food and tequila, go with San Antonio (though there is 0 tourney scene there). If you are a douche, go to Dallas (just kidding, kind of :p). If you are a hardcore uber smash megaman 5000 go to Houston.
Actually, we had some pretty big tournaments last year, it's that we just lost interest in the melee scene since Brawl killed it for San Antonio but that doesn't mean that we aren't holding tournaments in San Antonio, just not as big for melee as you would think so. Most of the competitive melee players stopped playing since the Brawl debut... so good luck trying to find a decent melee based tournament.

I'm pretty sure that caveman doesn't really play melee anymore, so if that's what you were hoping to get in with him, you're gonna have to force him to play the game because I don't think he has touched it for awhile.

As for me, I started to get back into Tekken and Guilty Gear, and possibly 3rd Strike.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
for brawl go to Houston. they have big tourneys and great players

for melee go to San antonio or Austin (there's an hour distance between then so it doesnt really matter)

Austin has xelic, Fastliketree, changsta...
San antonio has caveman, smiles, sos...

and caveman plays melee like every day.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord

for melee go to San antonio or Austin (there's an hour distance between then so it doesnt really matter)

Caveman still plays melee? Hmm, I was given the impression by someone else that he didn't...

As for SOS, I haven't seen him play melee in forever, we rarely ever talk about smash.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
... Wait. You are considering moving to a specific city for SSB? Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
no, not moving to a city for smash. wtf lol

just checking to see how far i would be from the big smash cities in TX is all.

Awesome. That helps a bunch. Does fst and xelic play melee a lot?

Top Bottom