• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea to add HYPE! to our tournaments

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
*Looks @ Evo2k8 matches.*

Those matches were pretty HYPE!

*Looks @ Evo2k9 matches.*

Maybe the guys at Evo knew what they were doing...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yes and maybe we should have "fun sized" broccoli. That would make it alot better after all.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I wish we would try things the way it was at EVO2k8 for awhile and maybe ppl would be able to look past the characteristics that they hate about items. But i doubt that's ever going to be anything more than a dream.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Take it from the guy who spent nearly 5 months getting constant flame posts before people learned to grow up: food on low won't ever happen, much less any other items. If you want to put your weight behind items, do it for SSB4, because no one here will even consider it, no matter how reasoned the approach is.

BTW, the EVO2K8 item set was balls. They did just as bad of a job as SWF did in judging item mechanics.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There was a Item-play ruleset proposal that everyone raged at...
It was interesting, though...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I don't think the Evo2k8 ruleset was balls. It just looks really bad when a kid that no one has ever heard of and ever hears from again beats a former Melee Legend. But you know. The community didn't actually show up.

And honestly, that's what made it look bad. The community didn't show up. Personally, I think that the community should have showed up. I could insert a nice little flowchart of how things could have played out, but ultimately, I'm going to end with this: Evo2k11 averaged like 30k viewers on Finals Sunday. I don't know how many viewers the average Brawl national gets, but 30k viewers is some pretty intense exposure.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
No, what made it bad was the fact that both Springs AND Green Shells were legal when we knew they had D-air exploits, that Hothead was allowed when it's the glitchy-est item there is, that G-hammers were allowed when you can't even powershield ->punish them like you can the B-hammer, and that Smash Balls were allowed when we knew how poorly balanced they were months ahead of time.

Was SWF the angel in the scenario? Hell no; they *****ed and moaned and complained and tried to get all items banned. But, SRK didn't listen to reason either, even after the more educated of us tried to warn them otherwise.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I mentioned stock reduction almost exactly a year ago. Really wish something would have come of it then.

Two-stock Brawl has far more potential to be interesting than the current setup.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've accepted that reality a long time ago.

Just sucks to see the game look staler than it would otherwise for another year because nobody bothered entertaining the idea.

I just want a less boring Brawl. Stock reduction is one way to go about it that doesn't require absurd amounts of arbitration, nor extra work on TOs.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Just popping in to say that 1-stock, 3 minutes, Bo7/9/11, would reset the Situation more often.

This would lead into more often winning/deciding situations... which is a fact, because instead of pssoible 3 match endings, you can get 7/9/11.

Knowing you go to the last match, with a reset situation of both players having 1 stock 0% and both players HAVE to approach at least ONCE, is HYPE!

Same can be said about crazy comebacks in 3stock-matches.

But the chance of doing a comeback (lets say its 4:0 and you turn it into 4:5) is easier in 1-stock sets, due to more reset situations, in 3 stock matches you first HAVE TO RESET THE SITUATION BY YOURSELF!

I dont know which one is better yes, definitely needs testings.
I think testing out 2 stock is good though, to see how it turns out.

Top Bottom