• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
Eastern Idaho is low on skill again. It pains me. Nothing hurts more than to see my advanced friend and I approach each other with SHFFL'ing, and we BOTH miss the L-cancel at the same time, and our characters just stand there looking at each other... and then roll away.
Awsome, that's probably how my skills are right now as well, its pretty sad. I haven't had anyone to practice with for a very long time. :(

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if anybody wants to come smash this weekend I'm not doing anything Saturday and the map to my place is still in this thread. I'm probably just going to be smashing with friends anyways.
Well seeing as I'm out of practice post your address back on the thread. I don't want to have to look for it in the thread. Are you going to be playing Brawl or Melee and what day?

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
That was a compliment, sorry your ego got in the way, I don't think I'll ever do it again =]

MK>Random box.
Wow wow wow no need to get all defensive! I have no beef against you churro. I am just saying there are Brawl players in our area that have equal or greater skill to you. It is your choice that you were choosing to sandbag and not try to get some practice in. Furthermore, I picked random half of the time and still whooped your *** ;)

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
Wow wow wow no need to get all defensive! I have no beef against you churro. I am just saying there are Brawl players in our area that have equal or greater skill to you. It is your choice that you were choosing to sandbag and not try to get some practice in. Furthermore, I picked random half of the time and still whooped your *** ;)
You are a noob.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I love how you're fully aware I was sandbagging, yet continue to brag X)

so...Smash at Seth's, wish I could make it, but I'm busy, poor atm, and have no ride there, which reminds me, I'm going to be fair and help with gas to anyone willing to give me a ride from now on.. Alchemist, I owe you :)

BTW, I got my recording stuff set up on my PC, I'll most likely record in 4MB per second. Fully intend to record matches if I happen to host a smashfest anytime soon.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I love how you're fully aware I was sandbagging, yet continue to brag X)

so...Smash at Seth's, wish I could make it, but I'm busy, poor atm, and have no ride there, which reminds me, I'm going to be fair and help with gas to anyone willing to give me a ride from now on.. Alchemist, I owe you :)

BTW, I got my recording stuff set up on my PC, I'll most likely record in 4MB per second. Fully intend to record matches if I happen to host a smashfest anytime soon.
Really Churro do you have something against me?
I don't mean to brag at all... I realize that I am not all that talented in comparison to the competitive community at large. I just feel like I am similarly skilled at Brawl to you and am seriously interested in working together to get better! What is so wrong with that?

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I really can't tell a difference between the two, so I'll keep recording in 4mbps, 8mbps eats up my memory so it's not really convenient... I was a bit dissapointed how much quality was lost when uploaded on youtube, it looks alot better on my PC, oh well ;P
I'll tweak around with some output codecs in SUPER when I make them 16:9 to see if that helps.
I was mainly just wondering if it would look better than when I was using my super crappy PC in comparison to my new one.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
churro, tbe 4 mbps looks to have more consistent frame rate, although it could just be that brawl is slower. Do you happen to know what framerates you can capture at?

craztad

Smash Journeyman
720x480 8mbps DVD HQ MPEG-2, at 29.97 fps
Im gonna say to capture at 4 mbps just because the 8mbps must need too much of your current system and is dropping frames. Most hard drives can only write at around 10 mbps so if your capturing at 8 and your computer tries to do anything else you are going to start losing frames. But it could also just be youtubes fault when they reencode for streaming.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Hey churro, what are you using the capture video? (Both hardware and software?)
And what are your system specs?

Also craztad, what would you recommend for recording? I'm going to be building a computer pretty soon and I plan on recording with it, so any help is appreciated.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Work on that L canceling to Shines Churro :o
Definitely working on my game ;)
lol, pretty much all the dairs, I was trying to waveshine

Im gonna say to capture at 4 mbps just because the 8mbps must need too much of your current system and is dropping frames. Most hard drives can only write at around 10 mbps so if your capturing at 8 and your computer tries to do anything else you are going to start losing frames. But it could also just be youtubes fault when they reencode for streaming.
I'm most certain it's youtube's habit of lowering quality once they're uploaded in .flv
The PC is still fresh, and have only installed a couple drivers and Roxio and updated a few programs (I still need a wifi adapter so no internet right now, I moved to other room where router is located) It could be that it just looks more smoothly due to 6 GB RAM, but idk.

Hey churro, what are you using the capture video? (Both hardware and software?)
And what are your system specs?
I use both hardware and software.
ATI TV Wonder 550 PCI Bus (FM radio, Tv Tuner/High Quality PVR, and Capture Device)

It's the first time I buy a commercial PC, previous times, I'd built with my brother, but I figured $369.99 wasn't too bad and met today's standards, and I always ran into problems previously (most likely my own fault)

HP Pavilion a6712f Desktop PC, Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.5 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB, DVD+/-R/RW 16X 12X +/-DL LS 12X RAM SuperMulti SATA Drive

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I was trying to do a lets play a while back, but since I can't record audio cause all I have is integrated sound, I had to run a line into my computer from my audio out, and that produced horrible audio lag, and craztad wrote me a script to fix it (Thanks a ton for that, btw), but something went wrong in the program, and while it was fixed, I couldn't export the video correctly. Sooo... I gave up on that. I also couldn't record straight from console, which is also a problem....>_<

I'll keep my eyes open for an ATI tv wonder.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Jack and I played some melee last night. It was nice. I kinda got wrecked but oh well props to Jack.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I played some 64/Melee/Brawl+ last night...and beat super mario bros 3 again, it was epic. So jack didn't go to sadies? Why not!?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I've never been to Canada, and I'm not exactly sure if I can, I guess I'll do some research lol
no promises on attending, but thanks for stopping by the Idaho thread :)
We might see you at TP4, still quite some time to plan on that if we happen to go again.

...so.

We need a tournament soon!!

*cough*Knuttz*cough

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You guys need to come back to WA for another tourney.

its just too fun chillin and ****.

LOl, Qraq-I went back to 4th ave diner and I saw ur gurl haha

ThePrime

Smash Lord
You guys need to come back to WA for another tourney.

its just too fun chillin and ****.

LOl, Qraq-I went back to 4th ave diner and I saw ur gurl haha
LOL at the 4th ave diner

Seriously though, you guys should really come to that canada tourney. It's like half a year away so plan ahead!

Churro

Smash Journeyman
OH Snap, Idaho to record tournament matches in HD (lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4T9LXDWy5Y

I do plan on hosting something if Knuttz doesn't eventually and I respect that, his house, although the most suitable & convenient, shouldn't be the only spot to smash. Looking to host this weekend, if I can't make it happen this weekend, I'll let you know, but eventually I WILL host. I'd like at least 12 attending to really host a tournament that Idaho desperately needs to get going. If I don't have a decent turnout, we can call it a smashfest.

and so....

*drumroll

Churro presents: G.I. Joe SSBM/SSBB 1v1, 2v2

lolol get it? G.I. stands ferr Grow Idaho, and Joe stands as a figurative title for any of us to step it up.

Saturday Nov. 28th, starts at 6pm till 12am at most, we will need to get the tourney done ASAP, so we can finish up with some friendlies with whatever time we have left, sorry for time constriction but I do live with my family.
Prize per event will be $5, each event with their respective prize pot
We can decide on the following:
1st-60% 2nd-30% 3rd-10%
or
suggested system by you.

Using GENESIS ruleset for Melee & Brawl.
Anything else agreed upon players themselves during a set is go, as long as it remains the competitive aspect. (No you cannot do Mario kart 64 for a tourney set, no, you cannot play with items, use your head)

I think I covered about it all, will edit if anything comes due.

Top Bottom