• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
We should lift the ban, however, if I see a massive switch over to MK mains, I'll beat you all senseless with my left fist. My right fist is reserved for pummeling SK to a pulp, because he already switched to MK.

@Churro, is your sig supposed to be peach? If so, I'm officially scarred for life.

On a side note, anyone here into DDR? I think I might get back into it. If anyone is interested I'll bring my CF to a fest for anyone who wants a little competition between the melee matches.

We should ban all brawl characters except for Pokemon Trainer, and then just mod our Wiis so that the Pokemon take double damage from their opposite element.

imo

Also new and old pokemon stadiums are the only stages.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol, its like I came in here a year ago and you are still talking about metaknight being banned or not haha

just unban him. Use national brawl rules

or just ban brawl all together and play melee

QraQ

Smash Ace
This is exactly what should happen, i like this guy!
But he's black...=P

Anywho I was thinking smashfest this weekend.
Prolly Saturday around 3 or 4. I would really like a good turnout.
Im sure most of you have my # so just text me if you're going to go.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
the majority of black people i have met have been better people than the majority of white people i have met, just my experience.
I've had less negative experiences with black people than white people too. Stereotypes suck! (But they're hilarious)

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
But he's black...=P

Anywho I was thinking smashfest this weekend.
Prolly Saturday around 3 or 4. I would really like a good turnout.
Im sure most of you have my # so just text me if you're going to go.
im down. I'll bring my ness and old marth game. for any of you that want some competition.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
But he's black...=P

Black people > White people, they're cooler than white peoples :(

Fyr3-STRIKE said:
Idaho is like 99% white, we don't exactly get a whole lot of diversity here.
...have you looked outside? You live in freaking Eagle man, that's hella close to McCall. And Mountain Home is like...MAYBE 40% white people. The Military base actually makes the diversity in South-Western Idaho go up.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Idaho is like 99% white, we don't exactly get a whole lot of diversity here.
WOW.
Somebody needs to leave his one man cave XD
64.3% of my entire school district (5 elementary, 5 middle/jr, 2 high) are Hispanic. nuff said.
There's not many African Americans here, I've met about 15 only in S.Idaho (That I've talked to myself), but there's diversity =)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
agreeing with TH Alch...you live in mountian home. There is alot more diversity there because of the air force base.

Also agreeing with TH Fyr... Eagle / Meridian area is mostly white. (So is boise, but not as heavy as Meridian / Eagle)

Churro you live in Nampa. The Nampa / Caldwell area is has alot more hispanics per captia.

Again back on subject...Qraq was saying smashfest...but i think after 5:30-6. Remember I have nyeema...Bring setups...I have tons of tv's but not enough cubes/wii's. You guys know my house can fit way more than 10+ setups...I'd like to fit at least half of that...:).

What you guys think about a $2-5 tournament? We can do both melee and brawl. Maybe we can get tate over and get some stuff recorded too!!!!!!!!11!11!!!1!!11!11!1!!!!11!!!!!11!1!

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Again back on subject...Qraq was saying smashfest...but i think after 5:30-6. Remember I have nyeema...Bring setups...I have tons of tv's but not enough cubes/wii's. You guys know my house can fit way more than 10+ setups...I'd like to fit at least half of that...:).

What you guys think about a $2-5 tournament? We can do both melee and brawl. Maybe we can get tate over and get some stuff recorded too!!!!!!!!11!11!!!1!!11!11!1!!!!11!!!!!11!1!
I'll agree to a tournament if there is 4 or more setups AND a good turnout, less setups than that it just takes too much time away from friendlies and practicing/fixing things we need to get better at. Plus we have a pretty good guess of who will win the tourny anyways, that said the tourny money should be put in for a pizza or something. The only point i can see for a tourny is for PR. PR I'm not against, but i'm thinking a bit more practice before we set power rankings up.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I say yay to smash on saturday. Too bad only a few people still are down for Brawl. Guess its time for me to buckle up and get melee skill.

ALSO on the whole racial thing in Idaho, Fyr3-STRIKE isn't far off at all. Idaho has a vast majority of whites coming in at 96.81%, blacks at 0.84%, American Indian or Alaskan Native 2.05%, Asian 1.48%, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander 0.22%.

Yep Idaho is pretty white.

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
I say yay to smash on saturday. Too bad only a few people still are down for Brawl. Guess its time for me to buckle up and get melee skill.

ALSO on the whole racial thing in Idaho, Fyr3-STRIKE isn't far off at all. Idaho has a vast majority of whites coming in at 96.81%, blacks at 0.84%, American Indian or Alaskan Native 2.05%, Asian 1.48%, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander 0.22%.

Yep Idaho is pretty white.
So there are no mexicans in Idaho?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
No mexicans in Idaho.... LMAO

I'll try to get a ride, if not, I'd like a ride =)

I have a GC w/Melee setup
& Wii w/Brawl setup, unlimited replays so record all matches on my SD card/if B+, on the Wii.

I'd bring my PC to record Melee, but need monitor/install my PVR/Capture Block. I'll try to use sister's monitor to install, but don't think I'd be able to take it.

Knuttz I hope you're calling every smasher in ID :chuckle:

Why I play Brawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt4Ej_bmR40

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Ryan, check out the Utah Thread. Gojira posted something about a tourney in the works down there and I know you asked if they were holding one soon.

@ Everyone else - do the same, bcuzpro.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Last smashfest was rather bland =/

I was playing horrible at first, but eventually picked up the pace in Melee.

I'm going to stay away from Brawl+ from now on, mainly because I don't understand why people put down Brawl but don't really study B+ mechanics and look to pull combos out of free will (most likely based on youtube videos.) The same things complained about in Brawl are present in B+, with the exception of a few things, but it can be just as unfair or even worse. =/

Had some fun with Brawl, wish there were more players that could pose a challenge =)

QraQ

Smash Ace

I'm going to stay away from Brawl+ from now on, mainly because I don't understand why people put down Brawl but don't really study B+ mechanics and look to pull combos out of free will (most likely based on youtube videos.) The same things complained about in Brawl are present in B+, with the exception of a few things, but it can be just as unfair or even worse. =/

Had some fun with Brawl, wish there were more players that could pose a challenge =)
Understanding why people have a problem with brawl is just understanding the conflicts between melee and brawl.
Also it's more of people who have played melee for years, got used to it, then had to switch to something completely different.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
lol Knuttz, I meant the smashfest itself. As in, it was more of a chill day than a smashfest =)

QraQ, understandable, but....no johns, lolz jk, play what you play best I say, but if you're willing to give something else a chance, try to enjoy it, if you don't, simply don't, it's cool with me. (not speaking of 'you' exactly, everyone in general)

as for recorded footage, if it was only 2 hours, then only my suckage was recorded. I pulled out some impressive stuff near the end, well, IMO.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Lol, the tech school had one of their nerd parties yesterday, so SK, Jack, and I went. They had a brawl tourney and the results were as follows:
1.Jack
2.SK(you are a *** for using meta knight)
3.Me
Did you expect anything else? Neither did we.
Well anyways, we all got one these: http://www.geekalerts.com/u/mario-candy.jpg

Yeah....>_<

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman

Really you wish you had more of a challenge in Brawl? I'm pretty sure we played quite a few times with me winning almost every time. I'm down to practice brawl lots with you hardcore.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
That was a compliment, sorry your ego got in the way, I don't think I'll ever do it again =]

MK>Random box.

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
Understanding why people have a problem with brawl is just understanding the conflicts between melee and brawl.
Also it's more of people who have played melee for years, got used to it, then had to switch to something completely different.
I completly agree with that. I don't like Brawl as much as I like melee.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Eastern Idaho is low on skill again. It pains me. Nothing hurts more than to see my advanced friend and I approach each other with SHFFL'ing, and we BOTH miss the L-cancel at the same time, and our characters just stand there looking at each other... and then roll away.

Hey, if anybody wants to come smash this weekend I'm not doing anything Saturday and the map to my place is still in this thread. I'm probably just going to be smashing with friends anyways.

Top Bottom