• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hey I'm not a scrub, but i do get wrecked anyway. thanks dom
Didn't say you were lol.
But you do apply in the getting better category.
Even though Knuttz, Bc and I need to get better as well, the skill gap is considerable between us and the rest of Idaho.

We want to help you guys as well as you help us with practice. We just need you to be semi-serious cause we actually want to make something out of Idaho smash...again.

gnosis

Smash Lord
So how'd we do at tourneyplay? I really wish I could've made it :/

And LuigiKing, I wouldn't care if Moscow became the hub of all Brawl smash activity and was on the cutting edge of the metagame, I would never ever play it. Brawl, by itself, has nothing I look for in a competitive game. So why would I care if there's a community for it?

I don't mean to come off as rude :p

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
...the skill gap is considerable between us and the rest of Idaho....
HEY!:mad: I can consistently wave-shine and SHFFL without error on a good day with fox. Still working on perfect SHDLs though...
But I assure you, I bet I can win a few matches and not get JV 5 stocked every other one. :psycho:

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Ryan, I didn't post it on Smashboards because I assumed a) People got the text from Play N Trade like I did. b) I got told it was doubles and Zach happened to be in town that weekend for a campus tour of ISU. and c) I remember specifically sending you a text because Knuttz said something about you being in IF that weekend, but I never got a response.

So yea, don't ***** at me for something that wasn't my responsibility to tell people 4 hours away about. I wasn't even planning on going myself because I didn't have a partner until the week of.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ryan, I didn't post it on Smashboards because I assumed a) People got the text from Play N Trade like I did. b) I got told it was doubles and Zach happened to be in town that weekend for a campus tour of ISU. and c) I remember specifically sending you a text because Knuttz said something about you being in IF that weekend, but I never got a response.

So yea, don't ***** at me for something that wasn't my responsibility to tell people 4 hours away about. I wasn't even planning on going myself because I didn't have a partner until the week of.
First- sup toph

Second - TH stop being a *** and trying to hide behind that bull**** "I sent you a text" line when you didn't send me anything. My guess is you knew you guys would get beat by me and whoever i picked so you didn't tell me about it.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
No, I sent you a text -_-
Whether you got it or not isn't my fault. Plus, I don't think you alone could have won with any random person, and considering I heard you were in IF and my text was asking if you wanted to BE MY PARTNER, yea, I really whored it all to myself.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I'm pretty positive you didn't text me, IF blows balls. I would have used any excuse i could to leave for a few hours. I'm also pretty sure i could have entered with a lvl 9 gannon and ****ed you guys up.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Alright, you can believe what you want. Fact remains that I still sent you a text because I wanted you as a partner because Knuttz said something about you being up there. I mean, when HAVEN'T I asked you to be my partner?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Pimp, We're going to try to host something between now and Pound 4 because it doesn't really look like there are any big tournaments till then. Or I might just be ******** and didn't notice any.

TH - I don't really care that much bra, you probably thought about sending the text but never got around to it then decided you sent it and I just didn't text you back. One day I'm going to trick you into a MM me by the way, you wont even know how it happened :dizzy:.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
My texts:
TH: Won a Wii lol
knuttz: Mm 4 ur wii? how did u win? Chubbick?
TH: Yes. And i'm not playing for it
knuttz: Ur so lucky...ryan was in IF this weekend tooo...you actually would have had a challange
This is the beginning to middle of text convo

You didn't tell us TH...and I told you BC was in IF after you have already won. but hey, lesson learned....always check all pnt for tourneys. This is the second one TH has snuck under us. :) gj anyway th.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
My texts:

This is the beginning to middle of text convo

You didn't tell us TH...and I told you BC was in IF after you have already won. but hey, lesson learned....always check all pnt for tourneys. This is the second one TH has snuck under us. :) gj anyway th.
Aww **** you just got destroyed son. Next time man up and admit you just didn't want to get your ***** *** wrecked :laugh:.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Pimp, We're going to try to host something between now and Pound 4 because it doesn't really look like there are any big tournaments till then. Or I might just be ******** and didn't notice any.
For real? That sounds awesome!

EDIT: Hey BC, post one more time, and never post again.... :D

XD @ bc looking like a skater

more like larper

speaking of which I talked with some kids who larped with you a few weeks back. Michael Downs and one of his friends. they tried to claim that it wasn't actually larping, but they were wrong.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
I admitted to what I knew. Knuttz told me you were in IF, and I still had sent you a text before then because I sent multiple people texts. Checking my phone, he did tell me you were in IF the Sunday after, but I still saw that I sent you a text a week before as well. I just got over having a really bad case of Bronchitis, I don't remember much because I layed in bed for two weeks.

Regardless, I still would have wanted you as my partner and wanted more people there to actually play, because Zach and I sat in the corner bored the entire time.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I admitted to what I knew. Knuttz told me you were in IF, and I still had sent you a text before then because I sent multiple people texts. Checking my phone, he did tell me you were in IF the Sunday after, but I still saw that I sent you a text a week before as well. I just got over having a really bad case of Bronchitis, I don't remember much because I layed in bed for two weeks.

Regardless, I still would have wanted you as my partner and wanted more people there to actually play, because Zach and I sat in the corner bored the entire time.
Just seriously both of you need to cut it out.
I would've prolly done the same thing TH did (if he did not saying he did) to win a freakin wii. Doesn't matter if he lies or not it's done and we need to get over it.

Fact of the matter is, we do need to quit arguing so much, especially on SWF. I want us to actually start coming together and getting better at the game instead of bickering. I know I was one of the main people doing it so I would like for us to stop now.

This thread should be dedicated to setting up events, discussing the game, casual respectful talking, and debating ways to strengthen the community. Tell me if I missed anything.

-QraQ

QraQ, you don't understand how important knowing exactly what happened and how it happened is. Without the freedom of debate we would have no reason to properly examine the past, and all of history would be lost. You don't want to undermine the importance of history, right? Without accurate knowledge of the past we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

Turtlehoop and BC, I admire your dedication to the truth and your desire for it to be known by all, rather than just hording it to yourself. Such greed would be the cessation of knowledge and the end of societal progress. Please, continue in your endeavors to bring the truth to all who would hear.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Did TH or did TH not lie to win a Wii?

One of the most important questions humanity has ever come across... the very foundation of who we think we are as a species shall be reconstructed based on its answer...

QraQ

Smash Ace
QraQ, you don't understand how important knowing exactly what happened and how it happened is. Without the freedom of debate we would have no reason to properly examine the past, and all of history would be lost. You don't want to undermine the importance of history, right? Without accurate knowledge of the past we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

Turtlehoop and BC, I admire your dedication to the truth and your desire for it to be known by all, rather than just hording it to yourself. Such greed would be the cessation of knowledge and the end of societal progress. Please, continue in your endeavors to bring the truth to all who would hear.
Seth stop.
I am serious about how I want this thread to go.
And you're not helping.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
A collection of old posts about the MK ban:

A few pages back, edited:
"Meta Knight ban needs to be dismissed. I'm sure you all agree he was never even banned in the first place, a real Brawl community never existed in Idaho, and a less reason to appear as whiny scrubs. :)"

Posted Oct 7:
"Everyone thinks he's banned in Idaho just because of a thread on AiB and Smashboards that hasn't been updated since March 09, when in reality, the ban was a complete joke, just like our current Smash community.

Throughout the ban, Meta Knight was continued to be chosen because Brawl was never too big a game as Melee has been. He would even be picked IN TOURNAMENT by the same people who banned him in the first place. I am pro-ban, but until we have a healthy community and actually learn to compete, Meta Knight should be free to use. He is of no threat here, so why ban him?"

Basic steps, once we have an established community where he is completely dominating, we might take action again, or if he is banned nationwide.

tl;dr
Unban MK since you don't play Brawl/care for Brawl, we may proceed to ban again if he becomes a problem.

NOW, Power Rankings, top 10 for Melee sounds good, Brawl, I'd say 5.
PR Tournament needed to begin real discussion (Top 3 Melee, Knuttz, BC, QraQ in that order, TP3 is proof enough)

Shoutouts from Eggz :chuckle:

Knuttz
Sorry I fell through on you guys. I hope you guys found things out...X_X
I'll house you guys 100% in febuary.

Battle Christ
You were the cutie skater lookin d00d right? iirc I hear youre criminal as ****, in which case you should definitely stay with me next time youre in WA.

QraQ
I was watching your sheik and its actually pretty tight looking. Good ****, we'll have to play next time.

Churro
You suck at responding to people
i yelled your name and i couldnt tell if you were looking at me then realized you were but didnt say anything, l33t did the same thing i guess LOL
MM Mario dittos at TP4, $5-10 00o0o0o0o sounds prime ;)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I agree with lifting the ban...i'm not brawl anymore, so i really have no say. I belive that churro does know more about the brawl metagame and tournament results nationally than anyone else in S. Idaho. this probably should be in the pr thread...

Top Bottom