• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers+ (Popo and his dimwitted frie- i mean Nana)

D

Deleted member

Well, it's official, the infinites are removed, but they didn't remove our CGs! Oh, wait...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the code removed the alt throwing.... which is essentially our CGs. i told them they only needed to remove the bthrow alt. every other one ends at the ledge. ugh.... when will they learn!?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
the code removed the alt throwing.... which is essentially our CGs. i told them they only needed to remove the bthrow alt. every other one ends at the ledge. ugh.... when will they learn!?
They had to get rid of all the alt throws. I agree that it would have been nice to somehow keep the other alts, because with their standard use they move towards the edge.
They were ALL potentially infinite though, just depends on how you do them.

Fthrow alt is infinite if you buffer the throws. (my personal favorite of all their infinites)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp6F9mmrGkw&feature=related

Dthrow alt is infinite if you use pivot grabs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjiloEDKFx0&feature=related

shanus

Smash Hero
The infinites code is kind of crude. You can still do them with dash grabs and all. Hence why its a beta code which shouldn't be public yet but is

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i feel like we should have a new stage discussion. in vBrawl our best stages were based on how easily it was to CG and how hard nana could be gimped. with the removal of our CGs we should probably look at some new stages that favor ICs+ and their new play style.

for example, now that Mushroomy Kingdom is a CP it would be like more grounded RC. since our game is very horizontal (even with the changes) the flat ground makes for a very good CP for us, imo.

i'm thinking a new topic would be good for the discussion, but i don't want to clutter the character boards more than they already are.

D

Deleted member

i feel like we should have a new stage discussion. in vBrawl our best stages were based on how easily it was to CG and how hard nana could be gimped. with the removal of our CGs we should probably look at some new stages that favor ICs+ and their new play style.
I'm really interested in some d-throw>blizzard and variations, it can rack up some good damage, I haven't checked with a lot of SDI and DI, though, I'll be testing tomorrow.
for example, now that Mushroomy Kingdom is a CP it would be like more grounded RC. since our game is very horizontal (even with the changes) the flat ground makes for a very good CP for us, imo.

i'm thinking a new topic would be good for the discussion, but i don't want to clutter the character boards more than they already are.
If my suspicion is correct, and squall does cancel some momentum, it'd be somewhat useful in this stage.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for double posting, but I may have discovered a new, very useful, maybe even inescapable chaingrab, I haven't done a lot of testing, IC mains, help me test? plz.
Here's a replay file of me doing it (not the dthrow>sh>blizzard, the one after that).

swordgard

Smash Hero
I can too, infinite was removed in theory, i know how to cg infinite everyone in the cast after 20 seconds of play.

The thing doesnt work.

D

Deleted member

I can too, infinite was removed in theory, i know how to cg infinite everyone in the cast after 20 seconds of play.

The thing doesnt work.
Didn't know you played B+, swordgard. Welcome, or whatever.
On topic:The Pummel>Blizzard>Grab release>Regrab starts being the best option at around 60%... I think. The one in the replay file can be escaped because Jiggs wasn't at least at 60%(They escape after the pummel).

swordgard

Smash Hero
Didn't know you played B+, swordgard. Welcome, or whatever.
On topic:The Pummel>Blizzard>Grab release>Regrab starts being the best option at around 60%... I think. The one in the replay file can be escaped because Jiggs wasn't at least at 60%(They escape after the pummel).
You do realize blizzard is extremely SDI-able.

Just back throw delayed for medium to heavies to running forward throw.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Guess whose back? I apologize for my long absence people... i have been preparing for college and life has been hectic. HOWEVER... i bring a new technique to all you ice climbers players. I will need help testing this technique to see if it is an infinite, or simply a technique that can only be blocked with 1-2 frame reaction time (seems impossible, but buffer makes it not quite as hard)

Without further ado, I present the (possible) infinite, the name of which i have yet to come up with.... new mechanics cause a ground grab release if we attempt a chaingrab from popo to nana.... because your opponent slides away, you cant just grab them again when the grab release finishes. HOWEVER, if you forward throw in a manner which causes nana to dash forwards, and then do a pivot grab on the opponent so that, briefly, nana grabs the opponent facing you.... the opponent is grab-released in the DIRECTION of Popo. Popo then regrabs. It is difficult to tell without extensive testing, but it MAY be impossible to react before the regrab.

To simplify:
1. Grab
2. Forward throw by smashing the stick forward to cause nana to dash forwards
3. Pivot grab with Nana (causing a grab release towards Popo instead of away from him)
4. Regrab with Popo, repeat

I have tested this on Jigglypuff, Bowser, Mario, Kirby, Snake, and Wario. It is possible to do on each of them, though Jigglypuff is exceedingly difficult to properly place Nana for the grab-release with. It works at any percent, and if it happens to be inescapeable this will be an infinite. If not, this will be a great grab mindgame to add to our arsenal.

Test and Discuss, feel free to add to what i have said above. Video will be posted tomorrow on this.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Okay.

Just recently starting playing as the IC.
They are much more fun now. (well to me)

Long live IC's!

shanus

Smash Hero
Has anyone tested to see if the pivot grab release is a legit infinite or not?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Guess whose back? I apologize for my long absence people... i have been preparing for college and life has been hectic. HOWEVER... i bring a new technique to all you ice climbers players. I will need help testing this technique to see if it is an infinite, or simply a technique that can only be blocked with 1-2 frame reaction time (seems impossible, but buffer makes it not quite as hard)

Without further ado, I present the (possible) infinite, the name of which i have yet to come up with.... new mechanics cause a ground grab release if we attempt a chaingrab from popo to nana.... because your opponent slides away, you cant just grab them again when the grab release finishes. HOWEVER, if you forward throw in a manner which causes nana to dash forwards, and then do a pivot grab on the opponent so that, briefly, nana grabs the opponent facing you.... the opponent is grab-released in the DIRECTION of Popo. Popo then regrabs. It is difficult to tell without extensive testing, but it MAY be impossible to react before the regrab.

To simplify:
1. Grab
2. Forward throw by smashing the stick forward to cause nana to dash forwards
3. Pivot grab with Nana (causing a grab release towards Popo instead of away from him)
4. Regrab with Popo, repeat

I have tested this on Jigglypuff, Bowser, Mario, Kirby, Snake, and Wario. It is possible to do on each of them, though Jigglypuff is exceedingly difficult to properly place Nana for the grab-release with. It works at any percent, and if it happens to be inescapeable this will be an infinite. If not, this will be a great grab mindgame to add to our arsenal.

Test and Discuss, feel free to add to what i have said above. Video will be posted tomorrow on this.
THAT's how you do it? I remember doing that in vBrawl a LOOOOOOOONG time ago, and instead found this.

But yes this is inescapable or escapable depending on your spacing between the two Climbers. It's not too hard to get them correctly positioned unless you're trying this on Jigglypuff.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Does anyone actually use ICz in B+?
yes, and they are a pretty cool guy who chaingrab and doesnt afraid of anything! (pardon my memes)

so, yeah, i sent you a video, Karate, check it out please thanks :)

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Not an infinite, sorry. Its a good move, just not infinite.... DIing upwards and SDIing upwards especially can get you out of it.

*EDIT* Ok i must now eat my words, it IS, at the very least, a situational inescapable combo on certain characters. Tried it a few more times... it does seem to work though its fairly situation.

D

Deleted member

So, new dthrow, and no solo dthrow cg, what do you guys think?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
without the dthrow chaingrab, what can the icies do from a grab now? anyone familiar with their grab shenanigans mind compiling a small list of combos that are do able?

also, are all the same desynch methods still applicable from vbrawl?

D

Deleted member

without the dthrow chaingrab, what can the icies do from a grab now? anyone familiar with their grab shenanigans mind compiling a small list of combos that are do able?

also, are all the same desynch methods still applicable from vbrawl?
Well, what I do is bthrow>dashgrab>fthrow>regrab.
dthrow>pivot grab>auto-grab release>regrab used to work, I'll have to try it with the new dthrow.
I'm sure there's more, but I haven't really been playing lately, there's lots to discover.
And, to your second question, yes, those still work.

D

Deleted member

Nana can't grab anymore, at all. Thoughts?...

Other IC mains?...

Anyone?...

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Nana can't grab anymore, at all. Thoughts?...

Other IC mains?...

Anyone?...
If Nana can't grab anymore, im dropping ice climbers. HORRIBLE idea. Detracting from a character's uniqueness and meta-game just to remove something that is supposedly "broken" is never a good idea. Honestly, I think the only reason its being removed is more because the current people in charge personally dislike chaingrabs and less because removing them makes it balanced.

D

Deleted member

If Nana can't grab anymore, im dropping ice climbers. HORRIBLE idea. Detracting from a character's uniqueness and meta-game just to remove something that is supposedly "broken" is never a good idea. Honestly, I think the only reason its being removed is more because the current people in charge personally dislike chaingrabs and less because removing them makes it balanced.
Wholeheartedly agree. Except for the dropping part.

Top Bottom