• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Discussion REVAMPED - Week 1 Snaaaaaaaakeeeee

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm not trolling though :(

LIke I didn't believe it either when Yika told me

And he's like "F U Lux I know everything now watch this replay"

And then I watched the replay and I nearly crapped my pants

And then he said "bbl maining yoshi"

B0NK

Smash Lord
snakes breaking desynches with dacus? we stopped dacussing years ago. only as means of punishing lag at a distance or an opponent landing on a platform. never used on grounded opponents ever.
Some still do, simply because they are trying to predict the start-up lags of a desync and stuff it. It's not the best idea for Snake, but it's just something to try to bait out. If they don't take the bait, IC's get there desync set-up safely from that spacing.

But your right, I just see it as an option he has that IC's should know about and worth covering.

I camp better than candy lolololol
Your forgetting that I'm much worse than Esam... LOL! (and every other FL IC's since Florida is God's land in smash, YOU SEE THERE TRASH TALK?!?!? ...and yours? xD) And honestly that doesn't surprise me since Candy hasn't been able to play in like forever.

But I def remember watching your camping at MLG DC, shi- was just as stubborn as Candy's haha xP

B0NK

Smash Lord
hmmm... *double checks when Apex is*

Nope! :D Imma be hanging out with friends/gf during my winter break haha xP Smash = last priority, only playing again now since NY/NJ actually has an active scene unlike VA (I'm up here for college =P)

B0NK

Smash Lord
I will be, my break goes till like the end of January. I might still consider going with MD/VA peepz, but I doubt it cause I'd rather just spend it with friends ^_^

MVD

Smash Master
Wow long.break lol but its just a weekend outta the whole month and it'll be fun

:phone:

B0NK

Smash Lord
Wow long.break lol but its just a weekend outta the whole month and it'll be fun
Like I said, I'll consider it =P

And sort of back on topic, but it looks like the snake discussion is done ^_^

Prawn

Smash Master
sorry bros im doing the writeup tonight but working alot + obsessed with a new mmo so tonight ^_^

lain

Smash Master
btw for snake i discovered an amazing way to get rid of any nades around you while cg'ng.

Imagine snake holding a grenade (just pressed b). You running grab him, and the grenade is right at both of your feet. You dthrow ASAP to Nana, then like RIGHT when nana grabs snake out of the grab, hit A and c-stick up for throw. Popo will grab the nade, throw it up, and Nana won't do anything. This allows you to continue cg'ing freely, while also being useful even if you grab snake RIGHT near the ledge with a nade.

more stuff... soon...

DeLux

Lain, why wouldn't you want Nana to pummel to force a ground break in the event of a mashout?
I thought the whole +30 frame advantage made the whole pick up and nade thing inescapeable :\

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Lain, why wouldn't you want Nana to pummel to force a ground break in the event of a mashout?
I thought the whole +30 frame advantage made the whole pick up and nade thing inescapeable :\
If Nana does nothing, can't you immediately d-throw with nana?
Then dash grab with popo and continue the CG?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Well ideally in lain's scenario, you have the time there of (nothing) to buffer a grab in.

DeLux

Roller, where's the curse of the IC board movie poster when we need it?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I mean. I would.. He would go Wario tho.

I was playing Tbl0ck at Genesis and 3 stocking him tho.. I don't think it's possible to lose to PT.
You're right, he would.
But I played him twice with him being PT while I was Ice Climbers.

TO BE PERFECTLY FAIR TO MYSELF I was worse then than I am now.
and he could've just been radically outplaying me.
But Squirtle is the ****.
Ivysaur hardly has to be used because he can force YI, SV, or Lylat on the first match and Zero-Lag switch on all three of those stages, if I remember correctly. I know for sure that SV is where he can.
Charizard ***** on hard reads. Calling a MU based on reads is WRONG WRONG WRONG but seriously though. Ice Climbers thrive on reads too. If you fall for one trick from Charizard, you could seriously take like 40% on one hit. Rock Smash is a terribly strong move.

Roller

Smash Legend
...What safe options does PT have on ICs? Like, any of the characters... You can pivotgrab squirtle out of ANYTHING. Ivysaur you can pivotgrab or DSG anything but his grab (maybe not his bair?). And even if Ivysaur somehow hits you with bair or his projectile, or whatever, who cares? I think Charizard can be pivot/shield grabbed out of any of his moves as well (could be wrong). They really have no way of approaching. At all. Meanwhile, you can either apply pressure on them or hang back and wait for them to approach. The match is ********, and my past 4 games against PTs in tourneys have been 3 stocks.

But go on with Snake or a matchup that matters. PT isn't even worth discussing. Especially if there's only one that has any chance, and that player wont even go PT.

Roller

Smash Legend
How? You just sit there. Ice block if they're far away. They have to approach. When they do... Pivotgrab. GG. This has worked on every PT I've ever played. And I think I've played some legit PTs (who actually use the character).

B0NK

Smash Lord
How? You just sit there. Ice block if they're far away. They have to approach.
No they don't... They'll water you off the stage while you are in ice block or blizzard animation, and you'll most likely be separated from Nana off stage.

Aka watch me vs Aposle, he does it match one I believe, and since I've never played the match-up before I quickly adjusted after match 1 and started playing the match-up differently.

I do believe it's IC's advantage, but that simple match-up advice is just poor lol

B0NK

Smash Lord
Not saying it's PT advantage or anything dude lol

Not saying I can't beat Aposl, first time playing the match-up, and I beat him convincingly once I caught on to the gimmicks.

I'm saying you can't simply throw IB's and expect squirtle to approach, I could care less about your record vs him in a friendly, which means absolutely nothing anyways >.>

Myollnir

Smash Ace
How? You just sit there. Ice block if they're far away. They have to approach. When they do... Pivotgrab. GG. This has worked on every PT I've ever played. And I think I've played some legit PTs (who actually use the character).
Watergun will put you offstage. And Squirtle has a nice aerial game.

Top Bottom