• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Discussion REVAMPED - Week 1 Snaaaaaaaakeeeee

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Or, he might not be agreeing because mk doesn't **** IC's lol.

I've played pretty much every single top MK in the USA more than once. I've played with several of them frequently at different points. Most match-ups that are evenish are really hard if the person you are playing is around your skill level, it seems impossible when they are considerably better than you.

You guys are just seriously REALLY bad against mk. Like..REALLY bad. That is the only thing I can think of that would make you think mk ***** IC's. I could see MK having a slight advantage maybe because of counterpick, but otherwise lol. IC's limit mk's options sooo much while keeping almost all of theirs, they force MK to play in generally one specific way, and that is really easy to play against with experience and just being careful. If you don't overcommit yourself and just give mk nana to gimp then he won't be able to do **** to you.

You either don't grab MK because he is playing safe and win by % or by just killing him with uair or bair or something or you win because they try to play aggressive which puts them at risk for grabs.
This. :)

10this

Piggyman86

Smash Apprentice
oh yea u guys are def right on the mk v ic matchup

i mean just look at ALLLL of those ic mains taking out allll those top mks

.......like lain that one time.......

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
oh yea u guys are def right on the mk v ic matchup

i mean just look at ALLLL of those ic mains taking out allll those top mks

.......like lain that one time.......
I think you missed the part where the vast majority of IC mains are horrible at the match-up. Not to mention there aren't even a comparable amount of IC players to MK players.

2-DJeff

Smash Master

I've played pretty much every single top MK in the USA more than once. I've played with several of them frequently at different points. Most match-ups that are evenish are really hard if the person you are playing is around your skill level, it seems impossible when they are considerably better than you.

You guys are just seriously REALLY bad against mk. Like..REALLY bad. That is the only thing I can think of that would make you think mk ***** IC's. I could see MK having a slight advantage maybe because of counterpick, but otherwise lol. IC's limit mk's options sooo much while keeping almost all of theirs, they force MK to play in generally one specific way, and that is really easy to play against with experience and just being careful. If you don't overcommit yourself and just give mk nana to gimp then he won't be able to do **** to you.

You either don't grab MK because he is playing safe and win by % or by just killing him with uair or bair or something or you win because they try to play aggressive which puts them at risk for grabs.
Thankyou
and like my fellow floridian Xfactor said
This. :)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
WOW. Ever since I started using the subscription nonsense I had no idea our matchup thread was alive. Time to catch up on some reading.

My opinion is that the match up is highly influenced by levels.

Like Harder Counter to Impossible on Brinstar to slight disadvantage to even on most neutrals to slight advantage us on FD. But that's just me. And I'm bad, so don't listen to me.

ch33s3

Smash Lord

You're silly Hylian. <4

MK completely WTF ***** us. MKs are bad against ICs, not the other way around. Good MKs should be approaching us and laughing at our lack of options while they stay safe, but nobody knows how to do that properly, so they run away, and that's when we can actually do stuff.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You're silly Hylian. <4

MK completely WTF ***** us. MKs are bad against ICs, not the other way around. Good MKs should be approaching us and laughing at our lack of options while they stay safe, but nobody knows how to do that properly, so they run away, and that's when we can actually do stuff.
chesse i know nairo wasnt that good then when you played him but you explained alot of the match up on BF specifically right here lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezsot8VHQlI

2-DJeff

Smash Master
And he ran away and tried to approach me incorrectly, thus I won. Good MKs that approach (Anti, M2K, etc), **** ICs.
ive played M2k b4 and he ***** nana pretty fast at the beginning and when he has invincibility at the start of the stock
its not that hard of a MU if its on a playable ground we just need to go over it a s[ecific stages because our style needs to change per stage

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I can't read that. Full sentences, please.

BF, FD, and PS1 are winnable. SV is winnable if stupid stuff like scrooging is banned/not used. Yoshi's is sorta winnable. PS1 is almost winnable. 75-25 or worse everywhere else. It's that simple.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I can't read that. Full sentences, please.

BF, FD, and PS1 are winnable. SV is winnable if stupid stuff like scrooging is banned/not used. Yoshi's is sorta winnable. PS1 is almost winnable. 75-25 or worse everywhere else. It's that simple.
idk maybe ive just been lucky but i think laylat is winnable to.
snipa takes mk there also i believe

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Where in the hell did I post 75-35? And lots of MK approaches are punishable, not all.

DeLux

Walk - Punishable by grab
Dash - Punishable by grab
Dash Attack - Punishable by grab
Empty short hop - Punishable by grab
Roll - Punishable by grab
Glide Attack - Punishable by grab
Ftilt - Punishable by DSG
Dtilt - Punishable by DSG

Dair - Punishable by uair if misspaced
Tornado - Punishable by pivot grab on reaction if misspaced
Fair - Punishable by DSG if misspaced
Sharking Shuttle Loop - Punishable if missppaced

Uair- unpunishable

5 options isn't too bad especially given in almost any other matchup, everyone else has 1 or 2 options.

PS: I'm not saying any MK would use the punishable one's. I'm just laying out all the options I can think of eliminating from there.

DeLux

Well, if they DSC, that's grabbable. DSC spot dodge to w/e is also punishable if not read. Actually now that I think about it, I see the latter one used all the time. So add that to the not quite punished ones.

Sliding spot dodge > nairdsmashrape

2-DJeff

Smash Master
chthreethreesthree ur ********. mk all of mks approaches are punishable.
your right to a cetian exstent. this is true when there are no platforms but still most of them are still punishable. Thats why we win at FD because he can approch but he also have no choice. The reason why he may think its not punishable because after mk hits you you think you get scared after you regroup

ch33s3

Smash Lord
your right to a cetian exstent. this is true when there are no platforms but still most of them are still punishable. Thats why we win at FD because he can approch but he also have no choice. The reason why he may think its not punishable because after mk hits you you think you get scared after you regroup
I'm going to ask again nicely. Please use something APPROACHING good grammar. Complete sentences would be great.

MK can always return to the ledge on FD, so we still lose there.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I'm going to ask again nicely. Please use something APPROACHING good grammar. Complete sentences would be great.

MK can always return to the ledge on FD, so we still lose there.
chill dude its not that serious. Your acting like were going to gimp mk lmao. Most tourneys have stalling rules and ledge grab limits so what are you talking about? lol

Roller

Smash Legend
chill dude its not that serious. Your acting like were going to gimp mk lmao. Most tourneys have stalling rules and ledge grab limits so what are you talking about? lol
This gives away how little experience you have vs a gay MK. MK doesn't need to exceed ledge grab limits to play keep away.

Infamous Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYlSkqm-bo&feature=fvst

If MKs had to actually fight people to win, they would not have won as many tourneys as they have.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
This gives away how little experience you have vs a gay MK. MK doesn't need to exceed ledge grab limits to play keep away.

Infamous Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYlSkqm-bo&feature=fvst

If MKs had to actually fight people to win, they would not have won as many tourneys as they have.
shutup lol im just gonna listen to the ic mains in fl lol and not even bother with you guys.. i just listed all the mks i play and they all play gay lol so shut up.. Its 40-60 MK favor no matter what and on FD 45-55

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
shutup lol im just gonna listen to the ic mains in fl lol and not even bother with you guys.. i just listed all the mks i play and they all play gay lol so shut up.. Its 40-60 MK favor no matter what and on FD 45-55
Why u mad tho?

Also, Roller lives in MI home to Lain and Judge. So, yeah whoever the hell you're listening to, you need to stop.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Why u mad tho?

Also, Roller lives in MI home to Lain and Judge. So, yeah whoever the hell you're listening to, you need to stop.
haha im not mad yall just dumb lmao
and lain ok hes not the best IC in the world.. and i live in FL so what? lol stop riding those *****s ****s for real lol. over here trying to start some **** for no reason all we doing is talking about the matchup chill out dude lol. i play some of the best mks and i dnt brag about it lol

Sieguest

Smash Master
How about we all stop being jerks to each other and actually put something on the table related to the MU? Seriously does it really matter that "so and so lives in the same region as me" and "I beat blah and blah"? If you got something you want to contribute then contribute. If you're wrong, at least you'll get the misconception cleared up.

Every time we try to discuss MUs it just gets degraded to the type of posts coming up recently.

Earlier I read Cheese saying that an MK that knows how to approach will **** us. My question is how exactly is MK supposed to approach if we go to camping IBs and blizz?

\My sour mood.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
How about we all stop being jerks to each other and actually put something on the table related to the MU? Seriously does it really matter that "so and so lives in the same region as me" and "I beat blah and blah"? If you got something you want to contribute then contribute. If you're wrong, at least you'll get the misconception cleared up.

Every time we try to discuss MUs it just gets degrades to the type of posts coming up recently.

Earlier I read Cheese saying that an MK that knows how to approach will **** us. My question is how exactly is MK supposed to approach if we go to camping IBs and blizz?

\My sour mood.

depends camping mk with IB and blizz arnt really smart because he can break them up easy by jumping over there heads with his 10million jumps the best way to keep him at bay is up air and dash shield his attack and grab

Sieguest

Smash Master
depends camping mk with IB and blizz arnt really smart because he can break them up easy by jumping over there heads with his 10million jumps the best way to keep him at bay is up air and dash shield his attack and grab

If we're using IBs and Blizz, then the point is to get him to jump over it in order to try to get to the ICs so that we can get in Uairs.

The only problem with that is his dair. He could move just enough to be over the camping and far enough back to where throwing out a uair could be too risky. IMO then it's just watching to see what he does...

2-DJeff

Smash Master
If we're using IBs and Blizz, then the point is to get him to jump over it in order to try to get to the ICs so that we can get in Uairs.

The only problem with that is his dair. He could move just enough to be over the camping and far enough back to where throwing out a uair could be too risky. IMO then it's just watching to see what he does...
ok the mk is going to jump no matter what if he no the mu he will nvr stay completely on the ground because if he did it would be so easy to grab him because of dash shielding we dont slide off his attacks when dash sheilding its a free grab and our Uairs beat dairs pretty hard

Sieguest

Smash Master
Assuming we can get under him. If I'm in my right mind MK's dair has better lateral range than our uair. It wouldn't be too much to space dairs to where it's difficult to get Uairs in. I suppose we could try DSC->uair OoS.

All I've got to go off of right now is a bunch of YT vids. *shrugs*

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Assuming we can get under him. If I'm in my right mind MK's dair has better lateral range than our uair. It wouldn't be too much to space dairs to where it's difficult to get Uairs in. I suppose we could try DSC->uair OoS.

All I've got to go off of right now is a bunch of YT vids. *shrugs*
ok if hes dairing so low that you cant up air him that means that you can run shield grab it and if he foot stools one of you if youhit the grab button at the right time you will grab him with the one that isnt getting foot stooled

Roller

Smash Legend
Who the heck plays ICs in FL? The only one I know of is Snipa. And I only know of him because E.SAM always talks about how the mu isn't in ICs favor because he beats snipa. I've also seen vids of him dropping an absurd number of grabs. So forgive me if I (and others) think these boards are a better place to seek wisdom than a state without even 1 notable IC player to get advice from.

haha im not mad yall just dumb lmao
and lain ok hes not the best IC in the world..
...I'd love to hear the names of those you think are better than Lain.
And you do sound a bit salty.
so have you beaten any of these great mks that play so gay o_O
yes i have when i was learning the MU they help me train so i dont lose to mk
If you can beat "great" MKs that know the mu and can play gay well, then wtf are you doing asking about the mu here? Apparently you are some incredible ICs player who just never does anything notable.. at all.

Just to be clear, I personally hadn't used either of those reasons you listed.

And I do think it can be ok for people to contribute even if they haven't played a top player of the opposing character, for exactly the reason you posted. Other more experienced players can then say, "That is wrong, and here is why." And this can spark debate, or clear up the matter for other confused players who may have the same misconceptions.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Who the heck plays ICs in FL? The only one I know of is Snipa. And I only know of him because E.SAM always talks about how the mu isn't in ICs favor because he beats snipa. I've also seen vids of him dropping an absurd number of grabs. So forgive me if I (and others) think these boards are a better place to seek wisdom than a state without even 1 notable IC player to get advice from.

...I'd love to hear the names of those you think are better than Lain.
And you do sound a bit salty.

If you can beat "great" MKs that know the mu and can play gay well, then wtf are you doing asking about the mu here? Apparently you are some incredible ICs player who just never does anything notable.. at all.

Just to be clear, I personally hadn't used either of those reasons you listed.

And I do think it can be ok for people to contribute even if they haven't played a top player of the opposing character, for exactly the reason you posted. Other more experienced players can then say, "That is wrong, and here is why." And this can spark debate, or clear up the matter for other confused players who may have the same misconceptions.
i dont attend tourneys that much because i dont have the time. Kakera, 9b, miyachi, then lain thats my order of high ranked IC players.
I barley drop chain grabs and snipa plays lucario no. Aglow also plays D3 now.
I havnt played esam yet but i will love to.

Piggyman86

Smash Apprentice

\My sour mood.

he doesnt approach until you are wide open.

just dairs and dairs.

then he hits you once

and then ur dead.

Top Bottom