• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Discussion REVAMPED - Week 1 Snaaaaaaaakeeeee

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
My main gripe with Hylian is the fact he tries to finish too quickly. You shouldnt be U smashing wolf at mid 90s. =/

Its like you're trolling me on purpose Jordan.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My main gripe with Hylian is the fact he tries to finish too quickly. You shouldnt be U smashing wolf at mid 90s. =/

Its like you're trolling me on purpose Jordan.
Hahaha I usually don't try to do that, and you should be upsmashing wolf at 100%. The only times I do that is in tournament for some reason lol.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
chain grab MK

get him to 70%

after the d-throw, b-throw hobble him as Nana slides over to you

Have Nana charge U-smash after Popo Ice Blocks.

Dash grab with popo and b-throw into full charged U-smash

Kill MK at 70%

-LzR-

Smash Hero
PROTIP: Ratio's are based on a set. A set takes into account that MK will ban FD.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
so I have a decent ICs (as in I know how to chain grab and I don't over fish for grabs)

how do I need to play the fox match up to maxmize the **** of 7-3?

Prawn

Smash Master
x factor i wanna hear your opinion on all this non sense lol
whats nonsense?

have you ever played a top level mk who also has tons of IC experience?

I doubt it cause if you did you would be agreeing.

MK ***** us hard and its an uphill battle, i mean i like the matchup cause its fun and winnable but its ****ing hard

Prawn

Smash Master
i might agree that its like. 60-40 or 50-50 on fd...but i wouldnt really know because we never get to play there ever

Prawn

Smash Master
this just in, anybody who wants to make an opinion on a matchup number has to list a few names of people that are good that they have played LOL

ch33s3

Smash Lord
this just in, anybody who wants to make an opinion on a matchup number has to list a few names of people that are good that they have played LOL
This. Dear God Jesus Muhammad Allah Christ, THIS.

Teh Future

Smash Master
this just in, people that are terrible at the matchup and always loose dont get to post their idea on the matchup :DDDDDDD

2-DJeff

Smash Master
whats nonsense?

MK ***** us hard and its an uphill battle, i mean i like the matchup cause its fun and winnable but its ****ing hard
lmao have i played a top level MK lol try halberd, Seibrik ,afro and gallax also a lot of other mks. don't under estimate me because i don't comment on these boards that much. who do you play? cause most my plays place top 8 at least at every tourney and seibrik, halberd place top 3 all the time so yea. i played halberd once and seibrik a lot. i haven't played him last tourney though because i was busy playing afro. I would at least say 40-60 or 45-55 on neutrals but not 35-65 lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
whats nonsense?

Or, he might not be agreeing because mk doesn't **** IC's lol.

I've played pretty much every single top MK in the USA more than once. I've played with several of them frequently at different points. Most match-ups that are evenish are really hard if the person you are playing is around your skill level, it seems impossible when they are considerably better than you.

You guys are just seriously REALLY bad against mk. Like..REALLY bad. That is the only thing I can think of that would make you think mk ***** IC's. I could see MK having a slight advantage maybe because of counterpick, but otherwise lol. IC's limit mk's options sooo much while keeping almost all of theirs, they force MK to play in generally one specific way, and that is really easy to play against with experience and just being careful. If you don't overcommit yourself and just give mk nana to gimp then he won't be able to do **** to you.

You either don't grab MK because he is playing safe and win by % or by just killing him with uair or bair or something or you win because they try to play aggressive which puts them at risk for grabs.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i do have to say, it feels like MK isn't really THAT bad when played safely. true, he can **** up nana,but as long as you can read him and play safe/react accordingly its not as bad as it could be. :-\ i dunno, i just feel snake is harder, personally...

but i'm drunk, so what the **** do i know :-S

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Anyone can **** up nana though. Thats why I don't see why people say "We beat Icies because once we get them separated nana is dead." Not a valid MU point anymore imo.

Top Bottom