• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
This is most likely fake, (see 2;10 for the video) but my heart nearly couldn't take it!
People like to mess with us fans ^^;;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9ezULj0AQ
I don't think this is real
though I couldn't find that Tails render featured in that leak, the icon and portrait on the character select look really small, it also looks like a fan render.

though I was able to download the video, the announcer call sounds... actually I don't know, considering you can technically make the announcer say anything now using an app, this doesn't sound similar to generating him saying "tails" in that app

but I think it's not real regardless, but I'm still hoping for Tails to be playable.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this is real
though I couldn't find that Tails render featured in that leak, the icon and portrait on the character select look really small, it also looks like a fan render.

though I was able to download the video, the announcer call sounds... actually I don't know, considering you can technically make the announcer say anything now using an app, this doesn't sound similar to generating him saying "tails" in that app

but I think it's not real regardless, but I'm still hoping for Tails to be playable.
I definitely agree it seems fake.
I find it cool, that someone made a leak of Tails tho.
Though it is rather interesting that the announcer call isn't the same as the 15.ai generator voice, if what you're saying is true.
Is there a way you could upload it?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is most likely fake, (see 2;10 for the video) but my heart nearly couldn't take it!
People like to mess with us fans ^^;;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9ezULj0AQ
It's definitely fake since the render is too small and the quality of the render I would say isn't on par with the rest of the roster. Plus the leaker is covering his hand over the touch screen right when he is selecting Tails which to me is a HUGE red flag if it already wasn't.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It does look nice, I'll give you that, but that's so undeniably fake it's not even funny. Why is this youtuber even entertaining the possiblity that this is the least bit plausible?

The render looks very static in comparison, and the fact that they 'convieniently' cover the camera when selecting the character just tells so much that this is fake. Not to mention that this build of the game has all of the DLC, except convieniently the ARMS character that hasn't been revealed yet - and we know that ARMS would come out before this potential Tails pack.

Sad, since Tails is my #2 most wanted, and unquestionably my vote for #1 most deserving character.

...but an app that can make the announcer say anything? Do tell... I'd love to hear that voice spout out a few good names so I can cry into my pillow imaging the possiblities...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Remember bois and gurls what the ESRB leak from Smash 4 has taught us:

If the leaker doesn't have gameplay footage, don't believe it for a second even if the sceenshot is convincing as hell because the Grinch leak taught us anything can be faked through Photoshop outside of gameplay footage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so theres a thing to get the announcer to say things? can we use it to get him to sing believe in myself?

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Remember bois and gurls what the ESRB leak from Smash 4 has taught us:

If the leaker doesn't have gameplay footage, don't believe it for a second even if the sceenshot is convincing as hell because the Grinch leak taught us anything can be faked through Photoshop outside of gameplay footage.
i don't know much about this photoshop or modding thing or whatever,
but i just thought I'd share that anyhow, i still faith in him tho <3

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Hey all.
I'm sure you all know that the Sonic movie is getting a sequel. That means we'll see more of our fox boy in the movies. I am ****ing hyped up for this.
So I've also been brainstorming a lot more recently about Tails being in Smash.
I've come up with some ideas for his alternate costumes.

1 default
2. Tails' fur is a darker shade of orange and is wearing the Rhymth Badge from Sonic Adventure. He also wears light blue belt bands. This is referencing his classic design and also his appearance in the cartoons and his early Archie comics appearances.
3. Tails has cream coloured fur and vis shoes are orange and yellow. This is, of course, referencing Cream.
4. Tails now has red fur, is wearing blue sunglasses and now has green metal braces on his wrists. Referencing Knuckles
5. Amy themed alt.
Tails' fur is pink and is wearing the Warrior Feather upgrade Amy gets in Sonic Adventure on the side of his head.
6. Tails has now gotten brown fur and black shoes, with blue goggles on his head and wear gold cuffs in his wrists. References Eggman.
7. Tails fur is black , along with black gloves with silver lining and his shoes are now a metallic black. Referencing Infinite(I also had to fit in an edge skin)
8. I have many ideas for the final alt. So just I'm just gonna make a list and you can see which one you like.
Idea #1:
Tails have green fur and are wearing a red jewel on his chest. Referencing his lover interest Cosmo from Sonic X.
Idea #2:
Tails' fur is lavender and violet, is wearing fuzzy fur cuffs and has dark pink shoes. Along with this, he now has a small red oval gem on his forehead. Referencing Blaze
Idea #3. Tails have yellow fur, blue metal braces on his wrists and blue shoes. Referencing Ray, and could also technically reference his Super form
Let me know if you guys have anymore ideas for alternate costumes. I'd love to hear some.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear I think now would be the perfect time for Tails to get into the Smash roster with the Sonic 2 movie coming up. But unfortunately secondary unique non Echo 3rd party characters will probably have to wait to get their chance in Smash 6 or Smash 7 because Ultimate is more about putting as many universes in it as possible whether than more reps for underrepresented franchises. Sure we got Daisy, Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter, Isabelle, Incineroar, Plant, and Byleth in this game but seriously we need more reps for underrepresented franchises like Xenoblade and 3rd party franchises already in the game. I really want icons like Tails, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Sephiroth and ect to join in on Smash someday.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I swear I think now would be the perfect time for Tails to get into the Smash roster with the Sonic 2 movie coming up. But unfortunately secondary unique non Echo 3rd party characters will probably have to wait to get their chance in Smash 6 or Smash 7 because Ultimate is more about putting as many universes in it as possible whether than more reps for underrepresented franchises. Sure we got Daisy, Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter, Isabelle, Incineroar, Plant, and Byleth in this game but seriously we need more reps for underrepresented franchises like Xenoblade and 3rd party franchises already in the game. I really want icons like Tails, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Sephiroth and ect to join in on Smash someday.
Been thinking about this the same too.
Its the most perfect time to add Tails in, considering how the Sonic movie has introduced the mainstream to Sonic. Especially with Tails being in the end credits.
Also, if Fire Emblem can get eights reps, surely Sonic can get one more character.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Been thinking about this the same too.
Its the most perfect time to add Tails in, considering how the Sonic movie has introduced the mainstream to Sonic. Especially with Tails being in the end credits.
Also, if Fire Emblem can get eights reps, surely Sonic can get one more character.
We should be careful though, there is no character I want more then Tails still. But Retrogamer is right in that Ultimate, especially in the DLC has mostly prioritized new universes never represented in Smash before. The one exception Byleth is somewhat debatable since it's both a Nintendo property and Fire Emblem kind of goes by the same rules of Final Fantasy of being a different world each game (Except I guess that time where Ike was a major character in two consecutive Fire Emblem games if I recall correctly). The former of which kind of gives FE an advantage over many of 3rd parties getting multiple reps, Nintendo doesn't have to ask permission and get license fees for another Fire Emblem character. They would have to pay out more to Sega should they receive yet another DLC character whether it's Tails or not. (Even a Shadow echo would probably need licensing negotiations).

It seems likely there isn't going to be any more echoes, and there's only 5 spots left over the course of 2 years (Though I won't be surprised if Covid kind of extends this to closer to 3 years). I don't think it's entirely impossible for Tails to somehow make it against all odds but it's going to be tight and as much as we love the little guy he probably isn't going to be the major player among the potentials with all the companies hopeful to put a new character in and even other current companies already represented seeking to add more to Smash. We have to hope for a scenario where Nintendo asks Sega for another character and this time they bring up the possibility of more Sonic (But we should also understand if say Arle from Puyo Puyo, or Yakuza) while Sega's still on the move to coincide Tails role in the movie and/or whatever new games are in development currently or soon.

Also gotta be humble because of the Mii Costume. It's not like it can't happen as the decision to make Tails and Knuckles return as a Mii Costume was then and they can always choose to just have both exist should it come to that. Just in the minds of most, it's not a good look when you're among the characters that have seemed to gotten the best they could hope for without actually being playable as the the characters themselves. I think it's at least fair to say the Spirit doesn't matter anymore (Unless, the ARMS character turns out to be Helix, one of the few ARMS character with no spirit as of yet) but the Mii Costume that came with Joker certainly ruins any of the most optimistic outlooks for Tails chances in DLC for this game.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
We should be careful though, there is no character I want more then Tails still. But Retrogamer is right in that Ultimate, especially in the DLC has mostly prioritized new universes never represented in Smash before. The one exception Byleth is somewhat debatable since it's both a Nintendo property and Fire Emblem kind of goes by the same rules of Final Fantasy of being a different world each game (Except I guess that time where Ike was a major character in two consecutive Fire Emblem games if I recall correctly). The former of which kind of gives FE an advantage over many of 3rd parties getting multiple reps, Nintendo doesn't have to ask permission and get license fees for another Fire Emblem character. They would have to pay out more to Sega should they receive yet another DLC character whether it's Tails or not. (Even a Shadow echo would probably need licensing negotiations).

It seems likely there isn't going to be any more echoes, and there's only 5 spots left over the course of 2 years (Though I won't be surprised if Covid kind of extends this to closer to 3 years). I don't think it's entirely impossible for Tails to somehow make it against all odds but it's going to be tight and as much as we love the little guy he probably isn't going to be the major player among the potentials with all the companies hopeful to put a new character in and even other current companies already represented seeking to add more to Smash. We have to hope for a scenario where Nintendo asks Sega for another character and this time they bring up the possibility of more Sonic (But we should also understand if say Arle from Puyo Puyo, or Yakuza) while Sega's still on the move to coincide Tails role in the movie and/or whatever new games are in development currently or soon.

Also gotta be humble because of the Mii Costume. It's not like it can't happen as the decision to make Tails and Knuckles return as a Mii Costume was then and they can always choose to just have both exist should it come to that. Just in the minds of most, it's not a good look when you're among the characters that have seemed to gotten the best they could hope for without actually being playable as the the characters themselves. I think it's at least fair to say the Spirit doesn't matter anymore (Unless, the ARMS character turns out to be Helix, one of the few ARMS character with no spirit as of yet) but the Mii Costume that came with Joker certainly ruins any of the most optimistic outlooks for Tails chances in DLC for this game.
Quite the Essay lol, you make Valid points, but no one of us knows what goes behind sakurai's closed doors. I'm going back to king K rool, a heavily requested character, i wouldn't put it past the BIG N to get tails since he's still getting plenty of love and they're choosing the characters, something still tells me he has a shot but We shall see. Also the Sonic Movie Sequel...unf.. that might be a factor.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

You have made some fair points there. However, I will point out that the Mii Costumes were made around the same time as Joker.
Meaning that the team only most likely started on Hero and maybe Banjo too.
I don't even think Fighter Pass 2 was planned at the time, let alone thought of. So that factor still not matter that much. And FP2 is completely separate from FP1, so that still may not apply.
I'm also doubting that the ARMS character isn't going to be anyone other than Spring Man. I think it was even leaked on a retailer website a few days ago. Can't remember the details.
Even then, why wouldn't it be the main poster boy of that game?
I wouldn't mind Arle from Puyo Pop though.
Love that franchise.

This is a stretch here but with the timing of the Sonic Movie delayed to Feb 14 and the fact that Fighter Pass 2 would now start development this year, perhaps SEGA could have contacted the Smash devs to ask for Tails or another Sonic character to be in???
IDK. That how I imagine how Tails could get in.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is a stretch here but with the timing of the Sonic Movie delayed to Feb 14 and the fact that Fighter Pass 2 would now start development this year, perhaps SEGA could have contacted the Smash devs to ask for Tails or another Sonic character to be in???
IDK. That how I imagine how Tails could get in.
Well it's not only up to Sega but Nintendo and Sakurai as well. But God I wish. Spring Man would break the Assist Trophy, Spirit, and Mii costume barriers if Ribbon Girl is a alt and Tails would break the secondary non Echo unique 2nd 3rd party rep barrier. Both characters would mean everyone would be back on the table and it would be giant middle finger towards the detractors oh I would love it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
My personal expectation on the Arms character is Min Min, though I do admit Spring Man still being the one to make it after all is still in the back of my mind. It'd be just the thing for Nintendo to Sakurai to tell us fans that nothing is ruled out even characters we thought previously didn't have a chance because of already having a role in the game.

But even if that happens we have to be cautious with that thinking because imagine a scenario Spring Man is in but he's literally the only previous character to be promoted in-game and the rest of the pass is more in line with what FP1 was (Though I would think at least Waluigi would be next if there was to be another, he just feels like the one case where if Assists can become playable within the same game he'd get his chance even if he wasn't announced as the first). Our speculation hearts may lead us into a similar trap as when we went into the last character of the fighter's pass being Byleth and not another 3rd party (Even if that is kind of on Nintendo and Sakurai for giving us 4 3rd parties in a row)

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
My personal expectation on the Arms character is Min Min, though I do admit Spring Man still being the one to make it after all is still in the back of my mind. It'd be just the thing for Nintendo to Sakurai to tell us fans that nothing is ruled out even characters we thought previously didn't have a chance because of already having a role in the game.

But even if that happens we have to be cautious with that thinking because imagine a scenario Spring Man is in but he's literally the only previous character to be promoted in-game and the rest of the pass is more in line with what FP1 was (Though I would think at least Waluigi would be next if there was to be another, he just feels like the one case where if Assists can become playable within the same game he'd get his chance even if he wasn't announced as the first). Our speculation hearts may lead us into a similar trap as when we went into the last character of the fighter's pass being Byleth and not another 3rd party (Even if that is kind of on Nintendo and Sakurai for giving us 4 3rd parties in a row)
Yeah having Bylteth as the last character was definitely not the best choice.
Kind hyped all of us for nothing. We all thought it was going to end on a high note. Not to mention, like you said all the previous characters were third party

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah having Bylteth as the last character was definitely not the best choice.
Kind hyped all of us for nothing. We all thought it was going to end on a high note. Not to mention, like you said all the previous characters were third party
never seen a character get such a negative reaction

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
never seen a character get such a negative reaction
It was a combination of FE being oversaturated, Us expecting something big for the final character and all the previous characters were third parties.
That's a very bad mix. It was kind of obvious that would happen.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It was a combination of FE being oversaturated, Us expecting something big for the final character and all the previous characters were third parties.
i suppose so, didnt help that byleth is one of the duller characters from three houses even some of us who like him werent thrilled

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Gotta keep those expectations LOW, plus sakurai has done this before with adding characters for promotion standards.
But the community already has a "Anime Swordfighter" problem anyway. i personally didn't have a problem with
a FE rep, since for Three Houses selling so well..it was obvious XD

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Gotta keep those expectations LOW, plus sakurai has done this before with adding characters for promotion standards.
But the community already has a "Anime Swordfighter" problem anyway. i personally didn't have a problem with
Yeah. I think I wouldn't have minded Byleth if it wasn't for the fact that FE is oversaturated in terms of reps.
If it was just Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin, then it would have been okay.
Anyways what is this thread? Certainly not one to debate about if Byleth should have been in or not.
I created my ideal Smash fighter pass a few weeks ago and didn't post it here. It's a combination of my most wanted and just what the community wanted.
As you can all guess Tails was in it
Screenshot (1).png
Note: Other then Tails and Sora, none of the characters I don't want as much. I just put them in because the community wants them and who'd also make sense to be in.
So what do you all think? Would you be contempt with this in general?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm not on of those who made a big stink about Byleth. I just kind of laughed when Byleth was revealed. Though I think the thing is we know the first fighter's pass was already decided by the November prior to Smash Ultimate's release. At the time Three Houses had not been released yet. So regardless if Three Houses ended up bombing and/or not a good game critically speaking (Though thankfully for Nintendo neither was true) Byleth would of gotten in regardless. That's part of the reason Byleth wasn't really well received besides being the ending of the fighter's pass that was hyped up by the last 4 being 3rd party. It's the same kind of risk they went with Corrin, even if Fates had been released in Japan before he/she was announced for Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. I think I wouldn't have minded Byleth if it wasn't for the fact that FE is oversaturated in terms of reps.
If it was just Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin, then it would have been okay.
Anyways what is this thread? Certainly not one to debate about if Byleth should have been in or not.
I created my ideal Smash fighter pass a few weeks ago and didn't post it here. It's a combination of my most wanted and just what the community wanted.
As you can all guess Tails was in it
Note: Other then Tails and Sora, none of the characters I don't want as much. I just put them in because the community wants them and who'd also make sense to be in.
So what do you all think? Would you be contempt with this in general?
i would take 1, 2 and 4 the others i would reject with fire

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! Looking back I should've added more Sonic 1 music, since that is the first game.
Probably Marble Zone, Springyard Zone and Starlight Zone.
Anyways just thought I'd share this info
Whilst this info itself isn't new, Nintendo has made sure to highlight this info recently. I think they are definitely hinting that the ARMS character, or even the next character was originally a spirit.
I mean why else would they highlight this now.
Kinda strange they haven't updated other characters like Knuckles and Tails to have their respective Mii Costumes to appear in spirit event though.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Well, guys big news!
The new ARMS rep has been reveales and its's
minmin.0.jpg

MIN MIN!!!
I am actually very glad I was wrong about Spring Man being the ARMS rep. I am way more excited, she is is more interesting. Plus she looks really cool too.

Now this brings news to us too, because this officially confirms that Spirits DO NOT DE-CONFIRM.
And they even made point to the fact that Spirits can changed in the presentation.
Not to mention Byleth has also de-confirmed that characters from previous series that are represented cannot be DLC.
366ef3d89c4fc2f07ab378f0e34dd8ea.jpg
THE HOPE FOR TAILS ISNT LOST. AND IT LOOKS LIKE SO FAR WE DONT HAVE COMPETITION FROM SHADOW EITHER!..... Yet. Anything can change still.
But my hope has been replenished. Let's hope our FoxBoy makes it in!

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, guys big news!
View attachment 275657
MIN MIN!!!
I am actually very glad about Spring Man being the ARMS rep. I am way more excited, she is is more interesting. Plus she looks really cool too.

Now this brings news to us too, because this officially confirms that Spirits DO NOT DE-CONFIRM.
And they even made point to the fact that Spirits can changed in the presentation.
THE HOPE FOR TAILS ISNT LOST. AND IT LOOKS LIKE SO FAR WE DONT HAVE COMPETITION FROM SHADOW EITHER!..... Yet. Anything can change still.
Yeah. ATs are still considered deconfirmed, and Tails might be the most likely Sonic character if his Mii Fighter Costume in FP1 isn't considered a deconfirmation.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Spirits no longer indicate who's getting in. Though there's alot of spirits so it only widens the possibilities bigger. And there are only 5 spots left and no guarantee all 5 are former spirits.

However Mii Costumes and Assists are still questions. And because we already got the Tails costume back in Joker and especially if his spirit is changed to fight a Mii instead of Fox. That's an indication that Tails likely still isn't coming. So keep that in mind. I wish I could say Tails was a possibility, but we kind of remain grounded ever since Joker's update.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if I've actually posted before in this thread, as I seem to remember posting here, but can't seem to find any evidence of it! Regardless, I'd like to place my support for Tails via posting my moveset I've made for him. I thought it'd be interesting to have him be in his mech from SA2, as it really works well to differentiate him from Sonic, as well as offers a new and unique type of fighter to Smash!

Tails Moveset.jpg

As usual, here's a link to the image on Flickr, so it's a little easier to read (though this one doesn't seem to need it all that much lol): https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/50034965977/in/dateposted-public/

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if I've actually posted before in this thread, as I seem to remember posting here, but can't seem to find any evidence of it! Regardless, I'd like to place my support for Tails via posting my moveset I've made for him. I thought it'd be interesting to have him be in his mech from SA2, as it really works well to differentiate him from Sonic, as well as offers a new and unique type of fighter to Smash!

View attachment 275828

As usual, here's a link to the image on Flickr, so it's a little easier to read (though this one doesn't seem to need it all that much lol): https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/50034965977/in/dateposted-public/
I can say that the moveset is good. It is pretty creative. However I dont think it represents Tails well.
I think Tails outside of his mech and using his combined gadgets from Sonic Battle and Tails Adventure suits him better. Still points to creativity.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Well, guys big news!
View attachment 275657
MIN MIN!!!
I am actually very glad about Spring Man being the ARMS rep. I am way more excited, she is is more interesting. Plus she looks really cool too.

Not to mention Byleth has also de-confirmed that characters from previous series that are represented cannot be DLC.
I don't care WHAT people tell me, i Never lost hope in him ever since i joined here, you will NEVER know!!
Until the pass is done, there's HOPE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom